Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2646659 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24886: Aug 28, 2018 08:42:27 am
      Sanchez SAID HIS GIRLFRIEND didn't want to come.  And then ends up at rainy manchester where it rains 8 days a week!  1 player does not make it a fact!

That always cracked me up. 
      He was coming here .... then she wanted to stay in London.

Bit different a couple of years later when Pep came calling .....then saw sense ...  she had already fallen in love with 500 k a week.

You can ignore the rain and buy more handbags for that.

Sanchez : He's a talentless ,selfish ,disloyal ,journeyman.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #24887: Aug 28, 2018 08:46:23 am
      Having been to all of them some multiple times I can attest. Always found the scousers warm and welcoming even the couple of blue nose taxi drivers I met.

Yup, I second that. when I was there everyone was just super friendly but I never understood chips with gravy  :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24888: Aug 28, 2018 08:48:32 am
      As much as I really like Liverpool the reality is that it is second rate to London, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, especially to a foreigner, sorry but it just is.

Sorry H.

I lived in two of them  London and until recently Barca.

The second one being an  amazing place to live.

However you can take the boy out of Liverpool but can't take Liverpool out of the boy.

You get off at Lime Street and sigh ...

" Im Home !"

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24889: Aug 28, 2018 09:24:08 am
      Yup, I second that. when I was there everyone was just super friendly but I never understood chips with gravy  :D

You don't have to understand chips and gravy, just get it down your neck.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #24890: Aug 28, 2018 11:07:17 am
      A true Scouse delicacy that mate & a quality one at that.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #24891: Aug 28, 2018 11:14:02 am
      Sorry H.

However you can take the boy out of Liverpool but can't take Liverpool out of the boy.

" Im Home !"
      How true that is,worked the length & breadth  of the uk over the last 30 + years and for me the feeling of coming  off ( no pun intended ) at the end of the  M62 at the rocket was sheer bliss & yeah Dorothy was right 'There's no place like home '.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24892: Aug 28, 2018 11:17:01 am
      As an outsider if you will, I can safely say Liverpool is no second rate city. A city full of culture, history and friendly folk. There might be a bias being an lfc fan but really for me is home away from home.

I second that emotion. It's only second to those others on sheer population. If the football conditions are right, the players will come, and we see that now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24893: Aug 28, 2018 11:50:57 am
      I second that emotion. It's only second to those others on sheer population. If the football conditions are right, the players will come, and we see that now.

Only somebody with a really fu**ed up agenda would suggest Liverpool is a second class anything.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #24894: Aug 28, 2018 12:10:59 pm
      Note that Borg is too embarrassed to say where he is from.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24895: Aug 28, 2018 12:12:40 pm
      Sorry H.

" Im Home !"
      Every city has it high and low points, don't think you can really state that one City is better than another....
      But having said that and as a Londoner, imo, Liverpool is the greatest City on the face of the planet....
      Why, because that's were my team is based...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24896: Aug 28, 2018 12:13:46 pm

Blasphemy!! ;)

There is nothing better than chips, sausage and gravy over it at the match.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24897: Aug 28, 2018 02:33:40 pm
      Note that Borg is too embarrassed to say where he is from.

We elected Trump, we are all embarrassed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24898: Aug 28, 2018 03:13:33 pm
      s

I got some people from Ohio on FB and they think the sun shines out of his arse, won't hear a word said against him and go on about Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barak Obama and his wife - anything but woeful carry on with Trump.
      I know the news in the US is selective but I reckon Trump supporters have a dedicated bullshit channel on the TV specifically to promote the sh*t that surrounds Trump.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24899: Aug 28, 2018 03:20:40 pm
      I know the news in the US is selective but I reckon Trump supporters have a dedicated bullshit channel on the TV specifically to promote the sh*t that surrounds Trump.

They do, it's called Fox News!!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24900: Aug 28, 2018 03:22:00 pm

Oh you mean Fox news?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24901: Aug 28, 2018 03:24:17 pm

If it does bullshit then yes.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24902: Aug 28, 2018 03:51:50 pm

One only has to look at who the owners are Stu...same shithouse family on this side of the pond.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #24903: Aug 28, 2018 04:11:54 pm
      You don't have to understand chips and gravy, just get it down your neck.

I mean thatā€™s just it right there.

To paraphrase the great Bill - ā€œIf you donā€™t know what to do with chips and gravy, pop them down your gob and weā€™ll discuss your options later.ā€
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24904: Aug 28, 2018 05:37:44 pm
      Liverpool's latest plans for Anfield stadium are REJECTED in astonishing decision

Liverpool's bid to change the future uses of Anfield has been REJECTED.

The Reds had submitted two planning applications to the city council - to hold music concerts and other sporting events at the famous ground.

But after a tense meeting in the town hall chamber today, the council's planning committee surprisingly voted to reject the proposals for other major sporting events to be held at the ground.

And on a very unhappy day for the club, the committee deferred a proposal to hold around 10 music concerts at the stadium.

The club faced stiff opposition to its proposals in the Town Hall Chamber today - with a number of local councillors joining residents who live around the stadium in calling for the plan to be scrapped.

Local councillors including Ian Byrne, Adele Dowling and Billy Marrat all spoke against the proposal - arguing that they could blight residents lives with noise, parking and anti-social behaviour issues - when they already put up with a lot during the football season.

A number of residents also voiced their concerns, with Nicola Cotter stating that the matchday traffic and volume of people already affects her family.

She said: ā€œEnd of May, mid August is the only respite we have, I donā€™t want that taken away from us.ā€

Another neighbour delivered an emotional statement, saying those living close to the stadium feel they have been 'left out of Liverpool's plans for more than a decade.'

Liverpool moved to reassure local people - with a club representative telling the meeting that they are aware of the concerns of residents and are working closely with the city council to make sure there is as little impact on those living around the stadium as possible.

But that wasn't enough to convince the committee, who decided that the plans to hold major sporting events, because they would have too adverse an impact on those living around Anfield - and rejected them.

The councillors backed a motion from new councillor Harry Doyle to reject the proposals for the other sporting events - which narrowly made it through by four votes to three.

One committee member Cllr Dave Cummings said he had been fully in favour of the plans, before hearing from the residents at the meeting.

He said it was clear that the club had not been responding properly to local people's concerns.

A future decision will be taken on the music concerts aspect of the proposals, but the club may not be confident of a good result following today's shock committee ruling.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpools-latest-plans-anfield-stadium-15081352
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24905: Aug 28, 2018 06:40:42 pm
      I got some people from Ohio on FB and they think the sun shines out of his arse, won't hear a word said against him and go on about Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barak Obama and his wife - anything but woeful carry on with Trump.

I donā€™t like any of them either. Iā€™m pretty much distrustful of any person that purposeful goes into politics. But as Iā€™ve gotten older, Iā€™ve just gotten tired of all the bickering from both sides. So Iā€™m an equal opportunity hater now.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #24906: Aug 29, 2018 05:53:10 pm
      It is what is......a smallish city on the rebound. Cute little regional airport that hosts ...........7 regional carriers. Impressive :)

Your loyalty is admirable
      Don't take it personal.
      I suspect people outside of Liverpool proper aren't ranking Liverpool in the same column as London, Paris, Rome. etc either.

PS....Stonehenge attracts record levels of tourists. First class then?

Please educate yourself on the history of the city of Liverpool.

I am not from Liverpool myself but i admire the history and calibre of the people who built it and continue to build it to this very day and further.

What makes any city or village a great place to be? The people who inhabit it.

Find me one Liverpool player that has slated the city or it's people?

Alonso, Hamann, Mascherano, Luis Garcia, Riise, Hyypia, Suarez, Salah, Firminho, Mane and on and on and on and on.

All of the above loved playing for Liverpool and still frequent the city when they can, what does that tell you about the city of Liverpool, not a lot i'll grant you that, but it speaks volumes of the people who inhabit it.

Look past the bricks and mortar and into the heart of the city.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #24907: Aug 29, 2018 05:58:00 pm

Trump is doing an excellent job.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24908: Aug 29, 2018 06:26:51 pm

In making himself look the biggest grade A c**t on planet Earth.

Yeah I agree!!

Quick Reply