Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642552 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24978: Dec 28, 2018 03:52:25 pm
      Nah lets wait till we win the F***ing league.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24979: Dec 28, 2018 03:55:11 pm
      8 years on one league Cup for LFC doesn't reflect well on the owners. Jürgen is the only real correct decision they have made and I suspect without him we would not be in the position we are today. This is the era of correct financial support is the key to success now its not ideal it is not honest but its reality and we have suddenly realised this.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #24980: Dec 28, 2018 05:49:24 pm
      Top of the league at last with a 6 point cushion!!
      While we have gone through several managers and unflattering league positions the owners have maintained the same business ethic throughout and the heady heights we now occupy would seem to be down to some alternative element.

I refer of course to the manager who single handedly has turned our fortunes around.
      Any other candidate would in all likelihood see us floundering under FSG's business ethic.

Is that the manager the owners employed and also wanted him from the start ? Whilst Klopp has done wonders he had also been helped by the backing the owners have given him
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24981: Dec 28, 2018 06:09:05 pm
      8 years on one league Cup for LFC doesn't reflect well on the owners. Jürgen is the only real correct decision they have made and I suspect without him we would not be in the position we are today. This is the era of correct financial support is the key to success now its not ideal it is not honest but its reality and we have suddenly realised this.

The improvement began pretty much as soon as Mike Gordon increased his holding and took (pretty much) sole responsibility for the club, leaving Henry free to concentrate on the Red Sox.

He has been behind every major decision that has led us to this point, and on the transfer side, the much maligned Michael Edwards is showing just how astute he really is now that he has someone working with him rather than pulling in a different direction

Let's not forget, Klopp had to be persuaded to buy Salah, and who did that persuading?

Our management team, for the first time in a while, are all pulling in the same direction, and FSG have shown this by laying out world record sums on individual players; a sure sign they believe totally, not just in Klopp, but the whole team he works with.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #24982: Dec 28, 2018 06:22:00 pm

How many finals have we reached in those 8 years? Cannot blame owners for losing in PKs to City in 2016 League Cup, or blowing a 1-0 lead at halftime against Sevilla, or Ramos taking Salah down. If the team is being put in a position where it can compete for trophies, then the owners are doing a good job. You cannot control what happens in single-game finals. Klopp has lost something like 6 straight finals, so if when he decides to pack it up he leaves with zero trophies, does that make him a poor coach?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24983: Dec 28, 2018 06:22:04 pm
      Is it time to give the owners a bit of credit now ?

They have put a lot in place that has helped the club get to where we are now , they got pelters when things weren’t going well so maybe time now to give them an appreciative nod

They employed Klopp and backed him

They have Edwards the power to support Klopp

Both two key appointments that put us where we are

Shanks used to say the owners are just there to sign the cheques and that’s what they are doing - if it’s not money for players it’s sorting the ground out and with rumours of the games biggest shirt deal about to happen then it’s time to say they guys know what they are doing commercially and they are learning to trust the right people on the football front

I've always given them credit when it's due over the years but I don't feel the need to credit them at the moment simply because this is where I expect this club to be and they've taken a while to totally get that in my opinion.

I'd sooner get on with crediting the boss and this great squad of player's we have though.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #24984: Dec 28, 2018 06:23:50 pm
      Give them a bit of credit??? Well that's just CRAZY talk!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I've mostly stayed as a lurker on this thread and it is pretty funny to see how some people refuse to give them any credit. All the bad things that have happened are the owners' fault, and all the good things that have happened, and are happening, are in spite of them  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24985: Dec 28, 2018 06:31:03 pm
      Is that the manager the owners employed and also wanted him from the start ? Whilst Klopp has done wonders he had also been helped by the backing the owners have given him

Who said FSG wanted Klopp initially?
      Would it be an assertion from their PR department?
      American owners who know F**k all about football and sacked managers they appointed in the years they have been here?
      Could you put a time scale on the FSG hunt for Klopp and maybe a reference as to when the first enquiry was made?

Just a few enquiries that our owners PR dept. or indeed our owners themselves have no answer for; much the same as you when proof of your bullshit claims is requested you produce more bullshit.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #24986: Dec 28, 2018 06:44:47 pm
      Who said FSG wanted Klopp initially?
      Would it be an assertion from their PR department?
      American owners who know f**k all about football and sacked managers they appointed in the years they have been here?
      Could you put a time scale on the FSG hunt for Klopp and maybe a reference as to when the first enquiry was made?

Just a few enquiries that our owners PR dept. or indeed our owners themselves have no answer for; much the same as you when proof of your bullshit claims is requested you produce more bullshit.

Blimey - you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder. Are you one of those - blame the owners for the bad things and then the manager for the good things.

I guess you are one of those where it’s a very bitter pill to swallow to ever give the owners credit.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24987: Dec 28, 2018 07:35:01 pm
      A lot of people giving FSG credit for the things they are doing now, But they should have been doing from day one, and if they had maybe we win the title in 2013/14 and maybe Klopp has better players to work with and we win a Europa League Cup too
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24988: Dec 28, 2018 07:45:25 pm
      They bought a world renowned Iconic football club cheap. Its taken them long enough to work out that this league is heavily reliant on spending.
      If they didn't have the Suarez and Couthino money to name but two would they have bought in Virgil and Alisson?.
      They have made it clear they will not put there money into the club so why should we give them credit for anything. They also took the hump when the fans protested about the ticket prices threatening to stop expansion plans so no credit from me. As long as they keep out of the way that fine
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #24989: Dec 28, 2018 08:02:53 pm
      They bought a world renowned Iconic football club cheap. Its taken them long enough to work out that this league is heavily reliant on spending.
      If they didn't have the Suarez and Couthino money to name but two would they have bought in Virgil and Alisson?.
      They have made it clear they will not put there money into the club so why should we give them credit for anything. They also took the hump when the fans protested about the ticket prices threatening to stop expansion plans so no credit from me. As long as they keep out of the way that fine

They bought a club in dire financial stress under extreme debt - they used their own money to buy the club and pay off that debt

What’s wrong with being self sufficient? That’s a very smart clever model and gives the club a very stable financial footing that doesn’t rely on the whims of a single person

Their money has been put into the club - they own the club lock stock and barrel and any money is theirs and they keep it within the club , they are constantly looking at ways to increase the spending power for the manager.

Did they not then listen to the fans about ticket prices ?

People want the top players on the top wages - well something needs to pay that and we don’t have a oil billionaire to dip into their own personal pocket - and do we really want one ? Do we not want to win on our own steam not at the whim of a oil baron.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24990: Dec 29, 2018 03:31:25 am
      Let's not forget, Klopp had to be persuaded to buy Salah, and who did that persuading?

I didn't know that.

For real?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24991: Dec 29, 2018 10:27:14 am

"Liverpool fans’ walkout protest: around 10,000 leave in 77th minute over ticket prices
      • Anfield witnesses first supporter walkout in its 132-year history
      • Chants of ‘You greedy bas**rds, enough is enough’ sung on Kop"
      They weren't given a choice but to listen to the fans their hand was forced and after that the threats of not expanding the ground further came.
      They have one motivation, to make money out of LFC they don't visit Anfield often enough to check out the trophy room has only had the League Cup added to it since their arrival.
      If you check out the value of the club compared to how much they have spent they are in for a massive windfall when they pull out and that money will leave the club that is the end game maybe people don't see that as a problem.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24992: Dec 29, 2018 10:32:04 am
      "Liverpool fans’ walkout protest: around 10,000 leave in 77th minute over ticket prices
      • Anfield witnesses first supporter walkout in its 132-year history
      • Chants of ‘You greedy bas**rds, enough is enough’ sung on Kop"
      They weren't given a choice but to listen to the fans their hand was forced and after that the threats of not expanding the ground further came.
      They have one motivation, to make money out of LFC they don't visit Anfield often enough to check out the trophy room has only had the League Cup added to it since their arrival.
      If you check out the value of the club compared to how much they have spent they are in for a massive windfall when they pull out and that money will leave the club that is the end game maybe people don't see that as a problem.

All from one incident which was fixed immediately.

They have taken the club into the 21st century off the pitch and now attention is being turned to on it. Sure that may have been the wrong way around, but F**k me a little bit of slack is in order surly mate!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24993: Dec 29, 2018 10:34:02 am

"FSG OUT BRIGADE FALLEN SILENT"

The link subliminally suggesting there is an organised group campaigning to bring down LFC's owners.
      Nothing could be further from the truth!
      Correcting comments about the manager's unmatched contribution to LFC's success and stating fact about FSG's tenure is not vociferous campaigning as suggested but the honest truth.

The Manchester Echo is sounding like a branch of FSG's PR machine.

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2018 10:40:03 am by stuey »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #24994: Dec 29, 2018 10:42:38 am

The link subliminally suggesting there is an organised group campaigning to bring down LFC's owners.
      Correcting comments about the manager's unmatched contribution to LFC's success and stating fact about FSG's tenure is not vociferous campaigning as suggested but the honest truth.

I think the point was also about people thinking outlets like the echo were on FSG's payroll and how ridiculous that is...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #24995: Dec 29, 2018 10:45:40 am

Well said. In my honest opinion, i don't think the owners have any passion for this club, they are thru and thru businessmen. Did they buy the few stars we have now wholeheartedly and wanted to see success for the fans??? Probably no again. So, they have sanctioned the big buys, probably again probably, reluctantly because 5 or 6 years, sponsors are getting very restless and impatient.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24996: Dec 29, 2018 10:51:26 am

I doubt many even understand what has happened to the "Liverpool" Echo.
      As long as they keep away and support Jürgen I will be quite happy not to mention them
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #24997: Dec 29, 2018 10:53:02 am
      Well said. In my honest opinion, i don't think the owners have any passion for this club, they are thru and thru businessmen. Did they buy the few stars we have now wholeheartedly and wanted to see success for the fans??? Probably no again. So, they have sanctioned the big buys, probably again probably, reluctantly because 5 or 6 years, sponsors are getting very restless and impatient.

What the F**k do you want them to do?

Sit out in the stands like the Mike Ashley c**t?

To say they went out and bought big because of pressure from sponsors is one of the single most uninformed posts I've ever read. Absolutely bonkers!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #24998: Dec 29, 2018 10:57:32 am
      What the f**k do you want them to do?

Sit out in the stands like the Mike Ashley c**t?

To say they went out and bought big because of pressure from sponsors is one of the single most uninformed posts I've ever read. Absolutely bonkers!

Hahaha, up there with ''creative accounting'' and ''siphoning money out of the club'' conspiracy theories.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24999: Dec 29, 2018 11:11:04 am
      I think the point was also about people thinking outlets like the echo were on FSG's payroll and how ridiculous that is...

The description 'Manchester Echo' is a hint that the Liverpool Echo is not the credible local news source that it once was, being based In Manchester as it now is kind of questions the word 'local'.
      In that sense some of it's content does come under scrutiny, it was a sarcastic comment about any association with FSG but it is an example of how much that paper is off the mark.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #25000: Dec 29, 2018 11:12:02 am
      Hahaha, up there with ''creative accounting'' and ''siphoning money out of the club'' conspiracy theories.

It's just wild the lengths people will go to without a shred of regard for their own credibility or due diligence towards any form of evidence to back up outlandish claims.

You must be accountable to your own words people. Life lesson.

Quick Reply