Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756390 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25185: Jan 01, 2019 02:37:42 pm
      They have seen the value rise to over £2billion you wont see that on the accounts not until the club is sold which is the point some of us make its not about today or tomorrow its about when they pull out and take their vast profit with them and the new owners could and probably will heap a massive debt on to the club. They saw us as s way to make big money by making a steal of buying a world renowned Iconic club. They were lucky to get away with that then the sale of Suarez and Couthino over £200mil plus a massive hike in TV money coming in . The consensus is the value of the club will continue to rise especially if we start winning trophies and the skill is in selling at the height of our Valuation and that apparently could be as much as £2.5Billion

Again it’s use of the words - Lucky ?

Why are you talking about them pulling out - is there any suggestions they are pulling out and hasn’t the value gone up due to a lot of the work they have done

What all this about new owners putting debt on the club ? That’s complete pie in the sky

And if the value continue to rise that means the club is doing well

Most of your post is subjective nonsense tbh with no base. If they just wanted to make money why didn’t they sell when apparently people were looking to spend £1bn on buying us. Their actions don’t suggest looking to get out and as for any prospective owners heaping massive debt on the club ?! What the hell is that about
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25186: Jan 01, 2019 02:44:31 pm
      They have seen the value rise to over £2billion you wont see that on the accounts not until the club is sold which is the point some of us make its not about today or tomorrow its about when they pull out and take their vast profit with them and the new owners could and probably will heap a massive debt on to the club. They saw us as s way to make big money by making a steal of buying a world renowned Iconic club. They were lucky to get away with that then the sale of Suarez and Couthino over £200mil plus a massive hike in TV money coming in . The consensus is the value of the club will continue to rise especially if we start winning trophies and the skill is in selling at the height of our Valuation and that apparently could be as much as £2.5Billion

This is where I get puzzled.

How can people get annoyed by something they (FSG) always said would happen?
      It's like the moan about them not putting their own money in.
      They said from the start, they wouldn't do it.
      They said from the start this was a long term project, with the aim of building the club up to maximise its eventual sale price.

They've done sterling work on the commercial side, brought in one of the best managers in the world (if not the best), every manager has had money to buy players, the stadium is expanded, with the possibility of more expansion, we've broken records for player prices, we are richer as a club than we have ever been.

Yet people moan that they will make a profit when they eventually sell, which is something they were clear about from the start.

I can't get annoyed with owners who do what they said they were going to do, no matter how much I dislike it.
      It just smacks of another stick to beat them with.

I'd much rather look at the positives they've brought, than this constant sniping over something they always said would happen.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25187: Jan 01, 2019 02:48:22 pm
      Again it’s use of the words - Lucky ?

Why are you talking about them pulling out - is there any suggestions they are pulling out and hasn’t the value gone up due to a lot of the work they have done

What all this about new owners putting debt on the club ? That’s complete pie in the sky

And if the value continue to rise that means the club is doing well

Most of your post is subjective nonsense tbh with no base. If they just wanted to make money why didn’t they sell when apparently people were looking to spend £1bn on buying us. Their actions don’t suggest looking to get out and as for any prospective owners heaping massive debt on the club ?! What the hell is that about

It's a matter of when rather than if they pull out.
      JH is getting on and has retired from pretty much all his business ventures, and now concentrates on the Red Sox.

The one thing that has a chance of happening, other than a sale to the highest bidder, is Mike Gordon buying a controlling stake, along with other current FSG investors.

There's a lot of "ifs", but the timeframe is longer term; it's not going to happen tomorrow.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25188: Jan 01, 2019 03:49:57 pm

Cooking the books over a 19 year period is not a particularly good reference for a prospective auditor, unless of course similar "skills" could possibly be utilised.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #25189: Jan 01, 2019 04:03:39 pm
      It's a matter of when rather than if they pull out.
      JH is getting on and has retired from pretty much all his business ventures, and now concentrates on the Red Sox.

The one thing that has a chance of happening, other than a sale to the highest bidder, is Mike Gordon buying a controlling stake, along with other current FSG investors.

There's a lot of "ifs", but the timeframe is longer term; it's not going to happen tomorrow.

I wonder what and how it will happen as Henry will be 70 before year end, so the years are starting to add up. From Wiki he owns 40% of FSG and the next highest partner is Gordon at 12%, but Gordon would have to come up with a ton of money to be able to buy a controlling share since on top of Liverpool (+ Anfield) FSG also own the Red Sox (+ Fenway), 80% of NESN, 50% of Roush Fenway Racing and a couple minor league baseball teams. Would Gordon be able to say he wants to buy Liverpool only, and Henry be willing to break up FSG?
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2019 04:19:45 pm by CT_LFC »
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #25190: Jan 01, 2019 04:12:47 pm
      oh have a day off soft lad.

Fact is, I can't be arsed going through the accounts just to please you.

Find them online and look for yourself.
      It'll take you less time to find them than it does to make these posts trying to troll me.

Reading Reid's posts in the last few pages of this thread and seeing him fail to understand simple terms and concepts such as "persuasion" and "working as a team with scouts" and actually saying Klopp was "overruled" with the Salah transfer, then taking it a step further and say that the ownership group today, that has this team purring in all facets is no different than the ownership group that almost made Liverpool disappear from this earth, makes me think this guy is just a low-rent WUM because surely any human being of sound mind and body would not be that senseless.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25191: Jan 01, 2019 04:20:54 pm
      Cooking the books over a 19 year period is not a particularly good reference for a prospective auditor, unless of course similar "skills" could possibly be utilised.

Do you believe Dalglish is part of the problem too, If FSg are milking the cow etc etc.. is Kenny turning a blind eye to it?.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #25192: Jan 01, 2019 04:34:09 pm

Have they cooked the books at Liverpool?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25193: Jan 01, 2019 05:49:31 pm
      Have they cooked the books at Liverpool?

You tell me, the parliamentary select committee stated that unacceptable auditing had been taking place for 19 years by this company at Carillion, the idea that JWH&Co were not aware of the malpractice is preposterous, given that fact it must be assumed that similar irregularities would be expected in future contracts.

Leopards do not change their spots.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #25194: Jan 01, 2019 06:06:00 pm
      You tell me, the parliamentary select committee stated that unacceptable auditing had been taking place for 19 years by this company at Carillion, the idea that JWH&Co were not aware of the malpractice is preposterous, given that fact it must be assumed that similar irregularities would be expected in future contracts.

Do you even know how audit works Stuey? I doubt you even know the full facts of the Carillion case and you’re just jumping on another, irrelevant point.

Please clarify for all our benefits what exactly you’re accusing FSG of? Do you really believe they are taking money out the club and then covering it up in the accounts and have got KPMG, a major global firm, to go along with this fraud?

Somehow I don’t think you will answer directly, as you like to just blow a lot of hot air with no substance, but we live in hope. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25195: Jan 01, 2019 06:08:30 pm
      I wonder what and how it will happen as Henry will be 70 before year end, so the years are starting to add up. From Wiki he owns 40% of FSG and the next highest partner is Gordon at 12%, but Gordon would have to come up with a ton of money to be able to buy a controlling share since on top of Liverpool (+ Anfield) FSG also own the Red Sox (+ Fenway), 80% of NESN, 50% of Roush Fenway Racing and a couple minor league baseball teams. Would Gordon be able to say he wants to buy Liverpool only, and Henry be willing to break up FSG?

My guess is that new investors will be found, but it's only a guess.
      Or perhaps JH's heirs take his shares, but take a back seat and leave running Liverpool to Gordon, maybe putting someone else in charge at the Red Sox.

The one thing that worries me is that FSG are not under any obligation to sell to a responsible buyer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25196: Jan 01, 2019 06:11:10 pm
      Reading Reid's posts in the last few pages of this thread and seeing him fail to understand simple terms and concepts such as "persuasion" and "working as a team with scouts" and actually saying Klopp was "overruled" with the Salah transfer, then taking it a step further and say that the ownership group today, that has this team purring in all facets is no different than the ownership group that almost made Liverpool disappear from this earth, makes me think this guy is just a low-rent WUM because surely any human being of sound mind and body would not be that senseless.

It's exactly what he is.
      I don't know why I bother to engage with him.

I have to wonder at the mindset of someone who pretends to be a Liverpool fan, just to infest a forum and try to wind people up.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25197: Jan 01, 2019 06:12:43 pm
      Do you even know how audit works Stuey? I doubt you even know the full facts of the Carillion case and you’re just jumping on another, irrelevant point.

Please clarify for all our benefits what exactly you’re accusing FSG of? Do you really believe they are taking money out the club and then covering it up in the accounts and have got KPMG, a major global firm, to go along with this fraud?

Somehow I don’t think you will answer directly, as you like to just blow a lot of hot air with no substance, but we live in hope.

Pure, unadulterated waffle is what he posts.
      It's embarrassing that he thinks using what he considers to be big words, confuses anyone.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #25198: Jan 01, 2019 06:17:46 pm

Unless there is evidence of something with the Liverpool books then it’s all subjecture at the end of the day - I have no doubt that they do the audit for multiple companies and when it comes to Carilion and the government that’s rotten to the core

RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #25199: Jan 01, 2019 06:17:55 pm
      Pure, unadulterated waffle is what he posts.
      It's embarrassing that he thinks using what he considers to be big words, confuses anyone.

Just needs to turn around and admit that there are perhaps some things he misunderstood instead of making ludicrous claims.

I was very critical of the owners for the first 5 years or so for various reasons, but now we have a quality manager, a quality team and are willing to spend big on key positions. No use raking over old ground when we are in our current position and things seemingly going well.

And if it turns out KPMG have been involved in this huge fraud that Stuey has uncovered, then fair enough, I’ll hold my hands up and admit Stu has a sixth sense for these things.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25200: Jan 01, 2019 06:20:30 pm
      If Stuey really had the clubs interest at heart he would be in contact with the SFO... 🙄
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25201: Jan 01, 2019 06:33:02 pm
      Just needs to turn around and admit that there are perhaps some things he misunderstood instead of making ludicrous claims.

I was very critical of the owners for the first 5 years or so for various reasons, but now we have a quality manager, a quality team and are willing to spend big on key positions. No use raking over old ground when we are in our current position and things seemingly going well.

And if it turns out KPMG have been involved in this huge fraud that Stuey has uncovered, then fair enough, I’ll hold my hands up and admit Stu has a sixth sense for these things.

The KPMG Carillion thing has been common knowledge since before the collapse, and came to light when the accounts were properly audited.
      KPMG, HMRC, Carillion and the government contracts.
      They used future promised contracts to make the company appear more profitable than it was, so as to buy time to pay dividends and director bonuses, no doubt at the behest of the tories.

It's nothing to do with us, or how we are audited, and is just another smokescreen.
      That kind of thing gets discovered very quickly (which is exactly what happened) and there's simply no way that it could be going on at the club for nearly a decade without it being found out.
      I go over the accounts every year, and haven't found anything dodgy, unless you consider offsetting loss against future tax liability to be dodgy.

The bottom line here is that stuey could stare at the accounts from now until the end of time and still not have a clue what he was looking at.

As far as the owners go, I'm not a fan of theirs, but what others call "being a fanboy" or a "FSG cheerleader" is simply pointing out that some of the more bizarre claims are a load of bollocks.
      Like resurrecting this old claim that the owners are siphoning money out of the club.
      It's ludicrous, because for a start, it's their money to do as they please with, and there's also the fact that literally thousands of people have gone over the accounts with a fine tooth comb and haven't found a single discrepancy, and I mean highly qualified people, not some stoner on a forum.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25202: Jan 01, 2019 06:47:10 pm

I suggest you check out the findings of the select committee.

I suggest that FSG appointed an auditing body that had been found to have been complicit in fàlsifying data.

You are mistaken.
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2019 07:04:54 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25203: Jan 01, 2019 06:48:14 pm
      If Stuey really had the clubs interest at heart he would be in contact with the SFO... 🙄

Not my remit.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25204: Jan 01, 2019 06:53:31 pm

But it’s your remit to talk sh*t on a public forum..

I’m surprised no one has pulled you up with the threat of litigation..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25205: Jan 01, 2019 07:07:29 pm
      But it’s your remit to talk sh*t on a public forum..

I’m surprised no one has pulled you up with the threat of litigation..

Nonsense.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #25206: Jan 02, 2019 05:05:15 am
      I think people take Stuey a bit too seriously. I remember a couple of years ago, whilst banging the same drum back then ( unsurprisingly), this guy forgot about our league cup win under King Kenny, and was using "no trophies won" as a stick to beat the owners.  The talk of cooking the books just reeks of another desperate attempt to sh*t at owners.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #25207: Jan 02, 2019 07:08:51 am

I suggest you check out the findings of the select committee.

I suggest that FSG appointed an auditing body that had been found to have been complicit in fàlsifying data.

I suggest you actually look into what the purpose of an auditors role is. It isn’t their responsibility to uncover fraud or to implement any controls to prevent it.

But let’s be honest, this is just another bizarre and non-sensical point. There are 4 major audit firms in the world, all of which will have been associated with some corporate collapse or another.

The fact KPMG are Liverpool’s auditors has absolutely nothing to do with your comments about the owners and baseless accusations, which seem to be based entirely on the fact they are American and nothing else.

Quick Reply