Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642874 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25208: Jan 02, 2019 10:51:49 am
      I suggest you actually look into what the purpose of an auditors role is. It isn’t their responsibility to uncover fraud or to implement any controls to prevent it.

It is not their role either to be complicit in questionable auditing practice which is what the parliamentary select committee found.

But let’s be honest, this is just another bizarre and non-sensical point. There are 4 major audit firms in the world, all of which will have been associated with some corporate collapse or another.

But how many of them have had their credibility called in question by a parliamentary committee?

The fact KPMG are Liverpool’s auditors has absolutely nothing to do with your comments about the owners and baseless accusations, which seem to be based entirely on the fact they are American and nothing else.

They appointed auditors guilty of proven questionable auditing - fact.
      The above paragraph is hysterical comment and of no relevance whatever, to a man when confronted with fact FSG disciples resort to personal comment to mask a lack of credible response,
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25209: Jan 02, 2019 11:17:16 am

But how many of them have had their credibility called in question by a parliamentary committee?

The select committee you keep referring to and banging on about recommended the break up of the big 4 and found all 4 had conflicts of interest with Carillion. So that would be all of them then?

And shows that you aren’t even informed about what you are talking about and banging the drum just because it’s a new angle.

Don’t question people’s credibility when you can’t even be arsed to actually understand what you’re talking about.

Edit: Also the Liverpool accounts were released on 1 March 2018, but the select committee findings weren’t published until 16 May 2018, so were FSG meant to have a crystal ball of what the findings would be? 
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2019 11:25:06 am by RedWilly »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25210: Jan 02, 2019 01:00:28 pm
      The select committee you keep referring to and banging on about recommended the break up of the big 4 and found all 4 had conflicts of interest with Carillion. So that would be all of them then?

The select committee specifically mentioned KPMG and observed the company were "complicit" in the questionable auditing over a 19 year period.
      Why does this statement of fact need repeating over and over?
      Why do you attempt to shroud events with the introduction of three other auditing companies who have no bearing on KPMG's activities?

And shows that you aren’t even informed about what you are talking about and banging the drum just because it’s a new angle.

If you think the subject matter is not relevant it is yourself who is misguided.

Edit: Also the Liverpool accounts were released on 1 March 2018, but the select committee findings weren’t published until 16 May 2018, so were FSG meant to have a crystal ball of what the findings would be? 

The financial world and business community would be well up to speed with all aspects of the Carillion debacle, the select committee findings came well after the horse had bolted and that cosy circle was forced to act out of sheer embarrassment.

Due diligence does what it says on the label.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25211: Jan 02, 2019 01:11:34 pm
      I think people take Stuey a bit too seriously. I remember a couple of years ago, whilst banging the same drum back then ( unsurprisingly), this guy forgot about our league cup win under King Kenny, and was using "no trophies won" as a stick to beat the owners.  The talk of cooking the books just reeks of another desperate attempt to sh*t at owners.

How could I forget one league cup in 8 years?
      Not a lot to remember really.
      Hopefully our man will remedy matters this season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25212: Jan 02, 2019 03:03:39 pm
      So, not not only are the board of Directors, including Kenny Dalglish, on the fiddle, but the whole accounting department at the club and the auditors are also involved in a huge conspiracy to cover up the owners taking their own money out of the club.

This is F***ing hilarious  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2019 03:20:47 pm by Swab »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25213: Jan 02, 2019 05:13:59 pm
      The select committee specifically mentioned KPMG and observed the company were "complicit" in the questionable auditing over a 19 year period.
      Why does this statement of fact need repeating over and over?
      Why do you attempt to shroud events with the introduction of three other auditing companies who have no bearing on KPMG's activities?

If you think the subject matter is not relevant it is yourself who is misguided.

The financial world and business community would be well up to speed with all aspects of the Carillion debacle, the select committee findings came well after the horse had bolted and that cosy circle was forced to act out of sheer embarrassment.

Due diligence does what it says on the label.

What the F**k does it matter unless it’s affected our books ? Seriously what is the relevance with our club ?

Unless it’s had any affect on the club then does anyone really care ?

It seems to me to be attempting to scrape the barrel looking for something to strike against the owners ?

Out books were audited - there has been zero suggestion of any issues so who gives a sh*t ?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25214: Jan 02, 2019 05:14:55 pm
      So, not not only are the board of Directors, including Kenny Dalglish, on the fiddle, but the whole accounting department at the club and the auditors are also involved in a huge conspiracy to cover up the owners taking their own money out of the club.

This is f**king hilarious  :laugh:

Seems like extreme lengths to go to in order to avoid simply declaring a dividend, but once Stuey has filed his report to the serious fraud office, I’m sure a parliamentary select committee will be convened to investigate :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25215: Jan 02, 2019 05:32:47 pm
      Can someone please take the shovel out of Wetherton’s hands..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25216: Jan 02, 2019 05:41:25 pm
      What the F**k does it matter unless it’s affected our books ? Seriously what is the relevance with our club ?

Unless it’s had any affect on the club then does anyone really care ?

It seems to me to be attempting to scrape the barrel looking for something to strike against the owners ?

Out books were audited - there has been zero suggestion of any issues so who gives a sh*t ?

Where have I stated there is anything untoward with our accounts?
      The auditor's appointed have history which I did point out.
      I get the feeling you and your playmates are after a reaction of some kind.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25217: Jan 02, 2019 05:43:41 pm
      Where have I stated there is anything untoward with our accounts?
      The auditor's appointed have history which I did point out.
      I get the feeling you and your playmates are after a reaction of some kind.

So what does it matter ? You appear to be posting it as if it’s a negative towards the owners ? You brought the auditors into the discussion- why ?

If there is nothing wrong with our accounts why bring it into a current discussion on the owners deserving a little bit of credit at last
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25218: Jan 02, 2019 06:07:57 pm
      So what does it matter ? You appear to be posting it as if it’s a negative towards the owners ? You brought the auditors into the discussion- why ?

If there is nothing wrong with our accounts why bring it into a current discussion on the owners deserving a little bit of credit at last

He was banging on about "bleeding the asset that is Liverpool" a couple of pages back, and has apparently now forgotten that he did it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #25219: Jan 02, 2019 06:20:15 pm
      He was banging on about "bleeding the asset that is Liverpool" a couple of pages back, and has apparently now forgotten that he did it.
      can't be bothered to check, but you have a history of telling lies Swab, so I don't really believe you anyway.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25220: Jan 02, 2019 06:22:02 pm
      This thread... :smack: Tell ya any of the FSG lot on here wanna have a word with their paymasters at fenway.  ;) On the day we clinch the title send em down my local in Cambridge for big hugs and kisses i'll even buy the suits a F***ing beer! :ernaehrung004:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25221: Jan 02, 2019 07:07:22 pm
      This thread... :smack: Tell ya any of the FSG lot on here wanna have a word with their paymasters at fenway.  ;) On the day we clinch the title send em down my local in Cambridge for big hugs and kisses i'll even buy the suits a F***ing beer! :ernaehrung004:

I know it's tongue in cheek, but there are some who have actually been accused of this.

Like FSG give a F**k about us lot  :laugh:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25222: Jan 02, 2019 07:16:51 pm
      I know it's tongue in cheek, but there are some who have actually been accused of this.

Like FSG give a f**k about us lot  :laugh:

I kinda thought i was one of em but i never got any perks so i tried to join the  FSG OUT BRIGADE but couldn't find the membership forms! Life sucks.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #25223: Jan 02, 2019 08:43:04 pm
      We really having and argument over auditors now?

Bloody hell guys. ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25224: Jan 02, 2019 08:50:18 pm

can't be bothered to check, but you have a history of telling lies Swab, so I don't really believe you anyway.

And you have a history of getting stuff wrong or having a lack of knowledge in certain areas.

Now I have no idea who I should believe.   :angel:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #25225: Jan 02, 2019 09:01:16 pm
      We really having and argument over auditors now?

Bloody hell guys. ;D

Leave this to me mate - it was like this working in banking 10yrs ago ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25226: Jan 03, 2019 12:30:00 pm
      Leave this to me mate - it was like this working in banking 10yrs ago ;)

:lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25227: Jan 03, 2019 02:19:22 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25228: Jan 03, 2019 02:25:54 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25229: Jan 03, 2019 04:18:05 pm
      I'm going to give this  a miss for a while but this is my stand point. Nobody from NESV gives a flying F**k about LFC or Liverpool as a city which is fine it doesn't bother me if I never see them or hear from them ever again. One day however they will want to cash in on their investment and when they sell for in excess of £2billion that money leaves the club and the New owners will want a return on their investment and to service that amount of money alone will be damaging. The massive increase in our value is actually dangerous for our long term future.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25230: Jan 03, 2019 04:56:11 pm
      I'm going to give this  a miss for a while but this is my stand point. Nobody from NESV gives a flying f**k about LFC or Liverpool as a city which is fine it doesn't bother me if I never see them or hear from them ever again. One day however they will want to cash in on their investment and when they sell for in excess of £2billion that money leaves the club and the New owners will want a return on their investment and to service that amount of money alone will be damaging. The massive increase in our value is actually dangerous for our long term future.

And how do you know that they don't give a F**k? I've no clue but i'd imagine that by now they'd have a decent feel for the city/people area.Doesn't Mike Gordon pretty much live there,Peter Moore is scouse no? Why assume they'll sell,could be John Henry keeps it in the family? Not like they are hard up for a few million dollars more.Just maybe they actually enjoy the stuff they do?

Quick Reply