Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2646636 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25231: Jan 03, 2019 05:24:00 pm
      The massive increase in our value is actually dangerous for our long term future.

Nonsense. If there's one thing that FSG have done correctly, it's raising the monetary value of this club. We have to have the kind of revenue of other heavy hitters to compete and now we are finally getting back to that. I'm not sure why anyone is in one hand claiming that FSG have no connection and don't care about the city or the club, and on the other hand lamenting that they may up and sell one day recouping their initial investment plus some (which is exactly what business people do, make money on investments).

If they sell us for 2b, that means we are worth a hell of a lot of money commercially and any owner willing to shell out that much will have deep pockets and likely be willing to spend even more down the road.

I get that FSG are just yank bas**rds (like me :D) and they surely wouldn't be my first pick as owners, but at this point, they've pretty much righted any wrongs and are doing things pretty much by the book for how you'd want them done. They are in the background, not making a lot of noise and they are signing checks. That's all we need from them. When they stop doing that, I'll have a pop at them again. Till then, enjoy what we've got right now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25232: Jan 03, 2019 06:26:23 pm

And how do you know that they don't give a f**k? I've no clue but i'd imagine that by now they'd have a decent feel for the city/people area.Doesn't Mike Gordon pretty much live there,Peter Moore is scouse no? Why assume they'll sell,could be John Henry keeps it in the family? Not like they are hard up for a few million dollars more.Just maybe they actually enjoy the stuff they do?

you probably believe in father Christmas … its called business and making money is what they do he is 69 not a regular attendee at matches so why would he keep it if he decides to call it a day and sail off with linda and cash in his chips. And if people don't think a new owner spending £2billion plus isn't a problem then fair enough.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25233: Jan 03, 2019 06:35:43 pm
      F**k this thread! We have a squad and a coach who can lead us to silverware and that's all I've ever asked of them.

We're doing just fine.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25234: Jan 03, 2019 06:58:55 pm
      I'm going to give this  a miss for a while but this is my stand point. Nobody from NESV gives a flying f**k about LFC or Liverpool as a city which is fine it doesn't bother me if I never see them or hear from them ever again. One day however they will want to cash in on their investment and when they sell for in excess of £2billion that money leaves the club and the New owners will want a return on their investment and to service that amount of money alone will be damaging. The massive increase in our value is actually dangerous for our long term future.

Sorry but that’s really poor - have a lot of respect for you but your posts on the owners recently are nothing but scaremongering subjective nonsense with no basis - they have representatives at every single game and quite clearly want the club to succeed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25235: Jan 03, 2019 07:10:05 pm
      Sorry but that’s really poor - have a lot of respect for you but your posts on the owners recently are nothing but scaremongering subjective nonsense with no basis - they have representatives at every single game and quite clearly want the club to succeed.

then you have your head in the sand. My posts on the owners are pragmatic and honest even if its twenty years down the road we are going to be hit by an earthquake financially you believe they are benevolent if you wish I know their objective is to make money and as much of it as they can.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25236: Jan 03, 2019 07:43:51 pm
      then you have your head in the sand. My posts on the owners are pragmatic and honest even if its twenty years down the road we are going to be hit by an earthquake financially you believe they are benevolent if you wish I know their objective is to make money and as much of it as they can.

Sorry but to put it bluntly you are wrong

They could have made a lot of money over the years with their various sports ventures by selling them for big profits but have turned down big bids and stated many times not for sale
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25237: Jan 04, 2019 06:00:55 pm
      you probably believe in father Christmas … its called business and making money is what they do he is 69 not a regular attendee at matches so why would he keep it if he decides to call it a day and sail off with linda and cash in his chips. And if people don't think a new owner spending £2billion plus isn't a problem then fair enough.

Well yeah of course although the bearded one owes me big time,not had a pressie in years. But JH is loaded already have ya seen his little boat or his pad down in florida or the Brookline mansion?He doesn't need the money from selling the club.As i said maybe and i have no insight he sees his sports teams as a legacy for his name family?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25238: Jan 04, 2019 06:17:51 pm

Well yeah of course although the bearded one owes me big time,not had a pressie in years. But JH is loaded already have ya seen his little boat or his pad down in florida or the Brookline mansion?He doesn't need the money from selling the club.As i said maybe and i have no insight he sees his sports teams as a legacy for his name family?

I think that's it for a lot of American sports owners. They are already rich from something else, and that allows them to have much better toys than the rest of us. So theres a disconnect in terms of passion when it comes to famous football clubs and their traditional/historical supporters, but it doesn't mean they won't manage it carefully or well. If/when they sell, no reason that has to be a bad thing for the club.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25239: Jan 05, 2019 01:22:48 am
      I think that's it for a lot of American sports owners. They are already rich from something else, and that allows them to have much better toys than the rest of us. So theres a disconnect in terms of passion when it comes to famous football clubs and their traditional/historical supporters, but it doesn't mean they won't manage it carefully or well. If/when they sell, no reason that has to be a bad thing for the club.

It's not an issue if Bill Gates decides he wants a soccer team, but it is if Gillett Jr buys it with loaned money, though in that case Walton already has the excuse for that being FSG's fault for increasing LFC's value too much  :lmao:

I'm not all too familiar with owners of the different teams, but unless an oil sheik or Russian oiler is what we pine for, what better owners are there in the PL today that we'd want instead of FSG?
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 01:27:15 am by CT_LFC »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25240: Jan 05, 2019 09:52:34 am
      It's not an issue if Bill Gates decides he wants a soccer team, but it is if Gillett Jr buys it with loaned money, though in that case Walton already has the excuse for that being FSG's fault for increasing LFC's value too much  :lmao:

I'm not all too familiar with owners of the different teams, but unless an oil sheik or Russian oiler is what we pine for, what better owners are there in the PL today that we'd want instead of FSG?

don't be a moron and try to use your limited brain capacity to see past the end of your nose...…. :lmao:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25241: Jan 05, 2019 10:10:05 am
      If I didn't support this club, I'd wish Peter Risdale, The Oyston Family, Ken Bates or Mike Ashley on some of you.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #25242: Jan 05, 2019 10:13:26 am
      If I didn't support this club, I'd wish Peter Risdale, The Oyston Family, Ken Bates or Mike Ashley on some of you.

Chill Rodders.

I regularly wish Peter Sutcliffe and Norman Bates on a few of ‘em.

Your conscience is clean.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25243: Jan 08, 2019 04:15:43 pm
      F**k this thread! We have a squad and a coach who can lead us to silverware and that's all I've ever asked of them.

We're doing just fine.

See the game last night?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25244: Jan 08, 2019 04:25:56 pm

Yeah our mostly reserve team got beat by Wolves!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25245: Jan 08, 2019 05:12:28 pm
      Yeah our mostly reserve team got beat by Wolves!!

"Doing just fine" doesn't cover what was on show last night.
      From the manager's demeanour and his reactions it looked like he was less than impressed by what he was seeing.
      If we gotta put reserves out for the likes of Wolves how in fucks name do we approach the CL when injuries to the likes of Van Djke, Salah, Mane or Firmino means we rely on those reserves?
      Not sniping at Klopp here whatsoever.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25246: Jan 08, 2019 05:27:47 pm
      From the manager's demeanour and his reactions it looked like he was less than impressed by what he was seeing.
      If we gotta put reserves out for the likes of Wolves how in fucks name do we approach the CL when injuries to the likes of Van Djke, Salah, Mane or Firmino means we rely on those reserves?

Yea..it's obvious that Klopp was pissed that he doesn't have world class players three deep at every position. I thought I was the only one that could read that from his body position and the way his facial expressions changed.

FSG OUT!!!!

Spend now or leave!!!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25247: Jan 08, 2019 05:39:41 pm

Sorry but what does it have to do with the owners ?

We were beaten by one goal missing 9 first team regulars against Wolves full strength team ?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #25248: Jan 08, 2019 05:46:48 pm
      And the Reds boss was almost in disbelief at this, saying: “The only country that asks a question like this is England. Everything is sorted with buying players.

“We have four centre-halves. Three, maybe, two-and-a-half are injured so we’ll have to try and come through in the moment.

“We need them back but you cannot buy a fifth centre-half and say ‘so you play two weeks and after that the others come in’”.
      https://talksport.com/football/fa-cup/470200/Jürgen-klopp-irritated-ian-abrahams-question-liverpool-centre-back-january/
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25249: Jan 08, 2019 05:51:55 pm
      And the Reds boss was almost in disbelief at this, saying: “The only country that asks a question like this is England. Everything is sorted with buying players.

“We have four centre-halves. Three, maybe, two-and-a-half are injured so we’ll have to try and come through in the moment.

“We need them back but you cannot buy a fifth centre-half and say ‘so you play two weeks and after that the others come in’”.
      https://talksport.com/football/fa-cup/470200/Jürgen-klopp-irritated-ian-abrahams-question-liverpool-centre-back-january/

this is the problem is there a player available anywhere who could sit alongside Virgil for just a few games or maybe even longer if he is better than Joe or Joel or even Dejan.
      Klopp is loyal to his players he isn't going to do anything to break this bond of trust he has with them.
      One more game against Brighton and we should have both CB's available
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #25250: Jan 08, 2019 06:09:20 pm

Remind me which team bar city would play excellent football without their 9 starting XI players, and 10th one getting injured in the first 5 minutes.

LMAO even city struggled without Fernandinho. Dude, you need to get off this horse now. It's getting f**king boring. I'm starting to think you're more of a anti FSG guy, rather than a Liverpool supporter.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25251: Jan 08, 2019 07:17:13 pm
      Sorry but what does it have to do with the owners ?

We were beaten by one goal missing 9 first team regulars against Wolves full strength team ?

We were beaten by Wolves.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25252: Jan 08, 2019 07:23:58 pm
      Remind me which team bar city would play excellent football without their 9 starting XI players, and 10th one getting injured in the first 5 minutes.

LMAO even city struggled without Fernandinho. Dude, you need to get off this horse now. It's getting f**king boring. I'm starting to think you're more of a anti FSG guy, rather than a Liverpool supporter.

What's boring?
      Stating fact that we do not have a squad capable of beating the best teams in Europe over the length of a season due to weak back up?.
      I did not mention FSG but stated it is no fault of the manager's.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25253: Jan 08, 2019 07:43:29 pm

Yes I know - but what does that have to do with the owners ?

Quick Reply