Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2754266 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25254: Jan 08, 2019 08:05:29 pm
      What's boring?
      Stating fact that we do not have a squad capable of beating the best teams in Europe over the length of a season due to weak back up?.
      I did not mention FSG but stated it is no fault of the manager's.

No blame for FSG either. Klopp didn't have them in the starting XI and they weren't on the bench either. To even insinuate the loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers is an owner issue, by posting in this particular thread, is asinine.
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2019 02:12:03 am by Roddenberry »
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #25255: Jan 08, 2019 08:11:30 pm
      I don't understand the point of the discussion going on in this thread. May be I am thick.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,651 posts | 481 
      Reply #25256: Jan 09, 2019 03:43:36 am

So hey, we have one of the best starts of the league ever, against one of the best teams ever, but, but, we were beaten by wolves. Cool  :lmao:

What did you think of our 8 wins in the whole of December?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25257: Jan 09, 2019 09:06:33 am
      No blame for FSG either. Klopp didn't have them in the starting XI and they weren't on the bench either. To even insinuate the loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers is an owner issue, by posting in this particular thread, is asinine.

We do not have the wherewithal to compete satisfactorily in all completions over the length of a season.
      That statement is proven by the fielding of a reserve side for an FA cup tie against a team with a respectable record against LFC recently.
      Klopp is forced into such selection dilemmas because of a lack of quality in depth, the best manager in the world cannot conjure up an all winning squad with financial restriction.

Before the FSG crew point to Van Dijk  or Alisson as bank busting acquisitions that money is a result of massive sales deals from Coutinho and Suarez.
      Sell to buy by any other name.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25258: Jan 09, 2019 09:40:34 am
      So hey, we have one of the best starts of the league ever, against one of the best teams ever, but, but, we were beaten by wolves. Cool  :lmao:

What did you think of our 8 wins in the whole of December?

Will it all be undone again for reasons outside of football?
      I.E. lack of financial commitment to a confirmed asset.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #25259: Jan 09, 2019 09:58:40 am
      The massive increase in our value is actually dangerous for our long term future.

Hahaha, wtf did I just read.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #25260: Jan 09, 2019 03:14:36 pm
      We do not have the wherewithal to compete satisfactorily in all completions over the length of a season.
      That statement is proven by the fielding of a reserve side for an FA cup tie against a team with a respectable record against LFC recently.
      Klopp is forced into such selection dilemmas because of a lack of quality in depth, the best manager in the world cannot conjure up an all winning squad with financial restriction.

Before the FSG crew point to Van Dijk  or Alisson as bank busting acquisitions that money is a result of massive sales deals from Coutinho and Suarez.
      How many clubs can actually challenge on ā€œfourā€ fronts ?

The manager rested 9 players , no other team can do that and still challenge City recently lost a number of games just by missing a couple of players

All this financial restrictions is complete sh*te and boring now

Both Suarez and Coutinho wanted to leave and since Coutinho left we have spent that money and more over the past 12 months

To point fingers at the owners after we just narrowly lost a cup game is quite pathetic tbh

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #25261: Jan 09, 2019 03:21:06 pm

I'd bet my house if you ask JĆ¼rgen if he is happy with recruitment at the club since he's been here he'd say 100% he is.

Blaming FSG for the loss on Monday is a stretch to say the least.

Fully fit we have pretty much two internationals for every position.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25262: Jan 09, 2019 04:44:12 pm
      I'd bet my house if you ask JĆ¼rgen if he is happy with recruitment at the club since he's been here he'd say 100% he is.

Of course he would, so would all the previous managers who were sacked because they lacked the wherewithal to operate satisfactorily under these owners.

Blaming FSG for the loss on Monday is a stretch to say the least.

The reason we lost was fielding a reserve side, if you think it was the manager's fault we don't have adequate strength in depth that is your prerogative.

Fully fit we have pretty much two internationals for every position.

The bench looked well strong from what I could see.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #25263: Jan 09, 2019 04:48:09 pm
      Of course he would, so would all the previous managers who were sacked because they lacked the wherewithal to operate satisfactorily under these owners.

The reason we lost was fielding a reserve side, if you think it was the manager's fault we don't have adequate strength in depth that is your prerogative.

The bench looked well strong from what I could see.

I'm not really wanting to get into this again with yourself Stu as you have such a blinkered and one tracked mind where FSG are concerned there is no point.

The manager likes the way they work and pretty sure he has said before the way our club is run is how he likes it run.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25264: Jan 09, 2019 05:21:46 pm
      I'm not really wanting to get into this again with yourself Stu as you have such a blinkered and one tracked mind where FSG are concerned there is no point.

The manager likes the way they work and pretty sure he has said before the way our club is run is how he likes it run.

No worries Si.
      I want the best for LFC in a footballing sense, as I'm sure you do.
      The owners have not one iota of that sentiment and have been incredibly fortunate in signing JĆ¼rgen Klopp who also has the best interests of the club at heart and the skills to make the most of the squad available.
      What that scenario can involve was displayed against Wolves.

To contemplate the manager getting off is a true nightmare.
      Without Klopp the club is once again in the brown stuff with owners who play the markets not football and there would be nobody in waiting to steady the ship, as is to be expected from owners who tell porkies about "long term strategies".
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #25265: Jan 09, 2019 05:31:27 pm
      No worries Si.
      The owners have not one iota of that sentiment and have been incredibly fortunate in signing JĆ¼rgen Klopp who also has the best interests of the club at heart and the skills to make the most of the squad available.

Without Klopp the club is once again in the brown stuff with owners who play the markets not football and there would be nobody in waiting to steady the ship, as is to be expected from owners who tell porkies about "long term strategies".

You forgot to say ā€œin your opinionā€ because thatā€™s what most of that is - just an opinion , certainly isnā€™t a factual post
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #25266: Jan 09, 2019 05:42:48 pm
      No worries Si.

https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

They selected JĆ¼rgen and appointed him.

Hardly fortunate and exactly what I mean when there's no point discussing this with yourself.

I've criticised them plenty over their time here but I've seen the good things they've done as well.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25267: Jan 09, 2019 06:40:46 pm
      https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

They selected JĆ¼rgen and appointed him.

Hardly fortunate and exactly what I mean when there's no point discussing this with yourself.

I've criticised them plenty over their time here but I've seen the good things they've done as well.

Klopp could have signed for any club in the world, the German national coach job was mentioned, it is highly doubtful NESV was the prime attraction.
      As stated previously any credit for LFC's present success is down to the manager.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25268: Jan 09, 2019 07:02:05 pm
      Klopp could have signed for any club in the world, the German national coach job was mentioned, it is highly doubtful NESV was the prime attraction.
      As stated previously any credit for LFC's present success is down to the manager.

Jesu f***in christ.You F***ing started all this sh*te yesterday with a cute one liner that could of gone in the post game cry baby thread or even the Klopp thread but no.Some sh*te you spout.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25269: Jan 09, 2019 08:47:48 pm

Jesu f***in christ.You F***ing started all this sh*te yesterday with a cute one liner that could of gone in the post game cry baby thread or even the Klopp thread but no.Some sh*te you spout.

Point it out lad.
      Keep saying to the NESV crew to quote the bollox they say I "spout", where is it lad?

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2019 08:52:30 pm by stuey »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25270: Jan 09, 2019 09:02:44 pm

Here F**k all to do with the thread.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25271: Jan 09, 2019 10:52:25 pm

Here F**k all to do with the thread.

- Get your head down.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25272: Jan 09, 2019 10:58:42 pm
      Stuey still on his one man crusade,  credit to him at least sticking on a losing agenda  :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #25273: Jan 09, 2019 11:20:27 pm
      UEFA Rules: Break even on revenue.
      Liverpool rules: Break even on netspend.
      City rules: Finance their own sponsorship deals.

Considering how we operate, we should thank Barcelona for bank rolling VVD and Alisson.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25274: Jan 22, 2019 08:39:00 am
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25275: Jan 22, 2019 09:42:09 am
      UEFA Rules: Break even on revenue.
      Liverpool rules: Break even on netspend.
      City rules: Finance their own sponsorship deals.

Considering how we operate, we should thank Barcelona for bank rolling VVD and Alisson.

Spot on wonder how much we would have spent if we had not sold Cou
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #25276: Jan 22, 2019 09:49:20 am

Quick Reply