Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642314 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25277: Jan 22, 2019 10:27:27 am
      Feckin hell Stuey gonna have a pull
      Sorry buddy couldn’t resist

😂 beat me to it..

That’s an amazing achievement considering where we were under Moores/H&G.. I know FGS have been slow from the off but I wouldn’t swap them for any other owners in world football..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25278: Jan 22, 2019 11:05:25 am
      FSG doing really well.

All we need is some silverware.

Which Im confident is coming soon. touchwood. ;D.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #25279: Jan 22, 2019 12:56:46 pm
      All in vain if we don't start putting trophies in the cabinet but it's definitely positive news.

Building a strong squad, developing youth players and the stadium while also posting huge profits is not to be sniffed at.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25280: Jan 22, 2019 01:19:09 pm
      Considering the fact H+G almost put us out of business, the turnaround is awesome.

As noted tho the big missing piece is silverware. But we are now competing for trophies regularly, and back in the top 4 and now realistically in with a shout of winning the league and giving city a real run for their mega money.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25281: Jan 22, 2019 01:30:25 pm
      All in vain if we don't start putting trophies in the cabinet but it's definitely positive news.

Building a strong squad, developing youth players and the stadium while also posting huge profits is not to be sniffed at.

You would hope that the trophies would follow on. Sad part is, we still can't financially compete with City, thank goodness for FFP right? ;D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25282: Jan 22, 2019 03:17:46 pm
      😂 beat me to it..

That’s an amazing achievement considering where we were under Moores/H&G.. I know FGS have been slow from the off but I wouldn’t swap them for any other owners in world football..

I raised this similar question recently in this thread. I'm not an expert on the different ownership groups in the EPL, let alone Europe, but if i look just at the PL, what owners are there that we'd rather have? Unless an oil sheikh is what we want, who else in the league would we prefer as owners?
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #25283: Jan 22, 2019 07:37:19 pm
      I raised this similar question recently in this thread. I'm not an expert on the different ownership groups in the EPL, let alone Europe, but if i look just at the PL, what owners are there that we'd rather have? Unless an oil sheikh is what we want, who else in the league would we prefer as owners?

I would say Abramovic and Mansour are the benchmark for the EPL. For years people said Roman would pack it in when he got bored but it never happened. He bankrolled the club for many years and has now reverted to a more conservative approach more in keeping with FSP whilst delivering trophies every couple of years. Mansour will be looked on in a similar light in 5-6 years I suspect.

As for FSG, if you look at their tenure as a whole I'm still underwhelmed.

However, the last couple of years have been much better.

- Obviously signing Klopp was the most important decision they got right

- the scouting team is also in very good hands. Between them and Klopp we haven't really got a transfer wrong in the last 2-3 years and have hit BIG on several (there is lies the reason for our current performance)

- the transfers of Alison, VVD and Keita showed that they finally realised we have to compete with the Big Boys financially to have a chance. HOWEVER it's important not to forget that these deals were preceded by a huge fee for Coutinho and the fact Klopp's prior net spend the previous couple of seasons was very low. We have yet to see whether this was FSG splashing the cash as a one off or whether they will sustain the approach of competing for the best players. If it's the latter we're in a good place but time will tell.

- and they have delivered on the stadium. Given the amount of false dawns we saw under previous regimes this should be commended.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25284: Jan 23, 2019 10:53:18 am
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25285: Jan 23, 2019 12:31:02 pm
      Let's not forget they are only here for profit nothing else......
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25286: Jan 23, 2019 12:35:39 pm

Never have, doubt any one needed that reminder. As long as they keep signing the cheques and continue to build us, on and off the pitch, I won't care.

Is there an altruistic owner in football nowadays?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25287: Jan 24, 2019 08:00:40 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25288: Jan 24, 2019 08:17:10 am
      The increase in revenue highlights the importance of Champions League or lack of it in Arsenal’s case.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25289: Jan 24, 2019 10:55:15 am

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25290: Jan 24, 2019 11:20:21 am
      People still bashing the owners for no apparent reason? :D Take a day off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25291: Jan 24, 2019 01:04:12 pm
      People still bashing the owners for no apparent reason? :D Take a day off.

Good to see you back posting mate...been awhile (too long).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25292: Jan 24, 2019 01:37:01 pm
      The increase in revenue highlights the importance of Champions League or lack of it in Arsenal’s case.

Really does. To think we went about 6 years over the last 8...(is that right?) without CL football. Missing out on it then was bad enough, missing out on it for consecutive years now can really set you back. Testament to how well the club is operating now that we will be qualifying for it for a 3rd year running - unless the worst meltdowns of all meltdowns happens obviously.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25293: Jan 24, 2019 02:41:23 pm
      Good to see you back posting mate...been awhile (too long).

Cheers mate!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #25294: Jan 24, 2019 03:06:24 pm

I might sound bitter, but it's shocking how Man City are allowed to get away with sketchy over inflated sponsorship deals from their owners. They can't beat us on match day revenues and broadcast because of their smaller fan base. commercial side will increase once we tie down better sponsorship deals such as the kit deal next year.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25295: Jan 24, 2019 03:59:21 pm
      I might sound bitter, but it's shocking how Man City are allowed to get away with sketchy over inflated sponsorship deals from their owners. They can't beat us on match day revenues and broadcast because of their smaller fan base. commercial side will increase once we tie down better sponsorship deals such as the kit deal next year.

Its the same for PSG mate with their so called sponsorships all coming from some local corner shop!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25296: Jan 24, 2019 04:24:28 pm
      Its the same for PSG mate with their so called sponsorships all coming from some local corner shop!

Local oil rig you mean 😎

Every time we put fuel in our cars it goes towards the transfer fee’s of both & everytime you buy from sports direct Rafa gets F**k all 😂
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25297: Jan 24, 2019 04:24:52 pm
      Then we can look forward to some big money signings in the summer  :f_whistle:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25298: Jan 31, 2019 08:01:51 pm
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #25299: Feb 07, 2019 09:47:54 am
      It's very hard to compete with man city financial billions who can afford to spend as much as they like. To compete with them I'd love to see sum more investment brought into the club. Sum Arab skekh who can invest billions would be most welcome

Quick Reply