Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642807 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25346: Feb 09, 2019 03:07:44 pm
      So to accommodate you agenda there are no issues right now with our defence/midfield?

Pretty sure the manager would disagree.

Sorry but what agenda ?

We have injuries - what other issues do you see ?

And Iā€™m pretty sure you havenā€™t got a clue what the manager agrees or disagrees with
      Kopite78
      Reply #25347: Feb 09, 2019 03:12:55 pm

Inuits Stuey they like to be known as

You don't care though do you
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25348: Feb 09, 2019 04:50:35 pm
      Sorry but what agenda ?

We have injuries - what other issues do you see ?

And Iā€™m pretty sure you havenā€™t got a clue what the manager agrees or disagrees with

Your FSG agenda.
      Like for like replacement for the injured players.
      I F***ing know you have no clue what the manager thinks.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25349: Feb 09, 2019 04:53:45 pm
      Your FSG agenda.
      Like for like replacement for the injured players.
      I f**king know you have no clue what the manager thinks.

Sorry but no agenda pal

Klopp let one defender go out on loan - Klopp did that not the owners

Did you expect the manager to just go out and buy players when some got injuries

You havenā€™t donā€™t have a F***ing club do you pal

According to you our title challenge is falling - back on top now

The only person with an agenda on here is you - and itā€™s an agenda built on lies and bitterness - you are an embarrassment to the club
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #25350: Feb 09, 2019 07:26:24 pm
      I might sound bitter, but it's shocking how Man City are allowed to get away with sketchy over inflated sponsorship deals from their owners. They can't beat us on match day revenues and broadcast because of their smaller fan base. commercial side will increase once we tie down better sponsorship deals such as the kit deal next year.

Football is the only game in town where crime and corruption is allowed to be committed in broad daylight but no one cares about it because HOLY F***ing sh*t DID YOU SEE THAT MAD TEKKERS FROM AGUERO!!! Commence overwank "hilarity" from thick FIFA playing LadBible/Banter twitter account cu*ts accompanied by the BBC "getting down with it" in producing a rap version of Abide with Me (no, really) and Sky et al projecting such corruption as football heaven.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2019 07:39:49 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25351: Feb 09, 2019 08:16:49 pm

Sorry but no agenda pal

Klopp let one defender go out on loan - Klopp did that not the owners

Did you expect the manager to just go out and buy players when some got injuries

You havenā€™t donā€™t have a F***ing club do you pal

According to you our title challenge is falling - back on top now

The only person with an agenda on here is you - and itā€™s an agenda built on lies and bitterness - you are an embarrassment to the club

Haha up yours you F***ing tool.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #25352: Feb 09, 2019 08:24:28 pm
      Fans arguing with each other despite top of the league with 12 games to go, after our blip consisted of 2 draws.

Mad bas**rds
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25353: Feb 09, 2019 08:24:37 pm
      Haha up yours you f**king tool.

I see we are top of the league pal

So if itā€™s the owners fault that the ā€œtitle challenge was fallingā€ - is it their fault we are back to the top again

I guess you have no answer about the manager being the one to let a player leave and the manager being tbe one who wasnā€™t going to just buy players because a few got injured.

You would give an idiot a run in a stupid contest
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25354: Feb 09, 2019 08:49:49 pm
      We are top and for that I tip my hat to them.

For years I've asked for big money signings and they have delivered. Most expensive keeper, most expensive centre back. On top of that we have good defenders in Gomez and Robertson at the club for peanuts. (Thats good business, absolutely no problem with that!) Add to that Trent through the academy and good (not great) back ups in Lovren and Matip the defence is not too bad. I would never have sanctioned the Clyne Loan but people tell me that's Klopps decision and I'll believe it.

Midfield we have a series of solid options. Fabinho and Keita bought for this season for good money. Hendo, Wijnaldum, Ox. That's good depth and any of those could make a midfield 3 and you'd be happy.

There is however still some work to do in my opinion. I believe we could do with a 10 option.

The front 3 are some of the best around. The gap between them and the bench however is huge. Sturridge isn't up to standard these days, Origi too never progressed. If we are to turn into a club that can fight realistically on more than 1 front there's a bit more money to be spent.

A good 10 (If Woodburn or Wilson are considered good enough next year that could change) a forward who can play in all 3 positions along the front and a player who can play right and left back to a high standard (I'm guessing Moreno and Clyne are going and I don't see Milner doing another year there for too long.)

We shouldn't stop spending because we finally have a team that can challenge. It's time to keep adding and strengthening.

Get the likes of Origi, Sturridge, Lallana, Clyne, Moreno off the wage bill and any transfer money that comes with it and reinvest. We have already sold Solanke for good money so there's a start.

I'm not having a go at them, but there's no use pretending there's not too big of a drop from first 11 to support. Especially in the forward areas.

Got to keep on going because there's a few threats coming next season, mainly speaking the Manchester clubs.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2019 08:54:49 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Kopite78
      Reply #25355: Feb 09, 2019 09:20:31 pm
      Haha up yours you f**king tool.

Tory boys legendary debating skills here
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25356: Feb 09, 2019 09:55:54 pm
      I see we are top of the league pal

So if itā€™s the owners fault that the ā€œtitle challenge was fallingā€ - is it their fault we are back to the top again

I guess you have no answer about the manager being the one to let a player leave and the manager being tbe one who wasnā€™t going to just buy players because a few got injured.

You would give an idiot a run in a stupid contest

Whatever.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25357: Feb 09, 2019 09:59:37 pm
      Tory boys legendary debating skills here

And again

Too clever for us Tory boy
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25358: Feb 09, 2019 10:51:11 pm
      https://twitter.com/JayMcKenna87/status/1094340748084944896?s=19

And we're top of the league you know, lads... 🙄
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25359: Feb 09, 2019 10:54:28 pm

Must have been paid for by skimming the accounts.. 🙄

Nice to see the owners going about a good deed the LFC way...
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25360: Feb 10, 2019 02:44:19 am
      No point discussing the owners with Stuey. In his determination to blame the owners for absolutely everything he ends up tying himself in knots and goes into ā€˜Maybotā€™ mode of repeating himself despite all evidence to the contrary.

Back on top of the league, up the F***ing reds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25361: Feb 10, 2019 01:05:38 pm
      No point discussing the owners with Stuey. In his determination to blame the owners for absolutely everything he ends up tying himself in knots and goes into ā€˜Maybotā€™ mode of repeating himself despite all evidence to the contrary.

Back on top of the league, up the F***ing reds.

Your interpretation of my views concerning FSG like some others is distorted to fit your inaccurate conception of our owners.
      I have stated without exception that they are market players with no intention of committing financially or emotionally with LFC.
      That statement is proven beyond reproach and some fuckwit describing me as a ''disgrace to the club'' is an example of a lack of any viable argument to my initial statement, another like minded fuckwit labelled me a Tory for daring to state fact.
      JĆ¼rgen Klopp is responsible for our incredible achievements full stop.

« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2019 03:11:36 pm by stuey »
      Kopite78
      Reply #25362: Feb 10, 2019 01:09:36 pm
      Your interpretation of my views concerning FSG like some others is distorted to fit your inaccurate conception of our owners.
      I have stated without exception that they are market players with no intention of committing financially or morally with LFC.
      That statement is proven beyond reproach and some fuckwit describing me as a ''disgrace to the club'' is an example of a lack of any viable argument to my initial statement, another like minded fuckwit labelled me a Tory for daring to state fact.

State what fact TB ?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25363: Feb 10, 2019 01:33:35 pm
      I have stated without exception that they are market players with no intention of committing financially or morally with LFC.

Spot on

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25364: Feb 10, 2019 01:35:14 pm
      The true capitalist ploy JĆ¼rgen dose all the work, the owners get all the spoils
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25365: Feb 10, 2019 03:12:20 pm

You see this is where your argument falls flat

Klopp needed money to buy the players like Alisson and VVD- money supplied by the owners

When our title challenge was failing last week the finger of blame was being pointed towards the Owners - surely if Klopp gets the credit for doing well he also needs to be looked at when things donā€™t go so well

One person in a football cannot take sole credit for anything - to suggest as such shows a lack of understand of how the club and game works these days

Everything needs to work together - the club needs to work well off the pitch to give the manager the tools to work well on the pitch

The owners with the appointments they have made both on and off the pitch are the reason why we are were we are right now - they got the manager , they give him the financial backing to bring in the players he wants , and that financial backing is supplied by the great work done by the commercial team

Itā€™s one big team and all parts need to work well together

The club right now is performing superbly off the pitch and on the pitch and the whole club deserves credit for that . The club is going to continue to move forward and itā€™s now streets ahead compared to when the owners took over

You will no doubt dismiss all that but for me if you truely believe itā€™s down to one man only then sorry you lack understanding
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25366: Feb 10, 2019 03:12:47 pm
      The true capitalist ploy JĆ¼rgen dose all the work, the owners get all the spoils

What spoils is that ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25367: Feb 10, 2019 03:22:22 pm

Klopp needed money to buy the players like Alisson and VVD- money supplied by the owners

When our title challenge was failing last week the finger of blame was being pointed towards the Owners - surely if Klopp gets the credit for doing well he also needs to be looked at when things donā€™t go so well

One person in a football cannot take sole credit for anything - to suggest as such shows a lack of understand of how the club and game works these days

Everything needs to work together - the club needs to work well off the pitch to give the manager the tools to work well on the pitch

The owners with the appointments they have made both on and off the pitch are the reason why we are were we are right now - they got the manager , they give him the financial backing to bring in the players he wants , and that financial backing is supplied by the great work done by the commercial team

The club right now is performing superbly off the pitch and on the pitch and the whole club deserves credit for that . The club is going to continue to move forward and itā€™s now streets ahead compared to when the owners took over

You will no doubt dismiss all that but for me if you truely believe itā€™s down to one man only then sorry you lack understanding

"At Liverpool Football Club there's a Holy Trinity, the Players,  the Fans & the Manager, the owners are only there to sign the checkbook"

Bill Shankly.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25368: Feb 10, 2019 03:35:51 pm

Funds acquired through the sale of players.

Nobody blamed the owners for the shortcomings you describe, it was stated however a lack of quality back up was instrumental, in that situation the manager was being largely held responsible irrespective of the same deficiency affecting results in the time scale of FSG.

The owners make zero decisions as regards to on-field matters.
      They appointed Klopp who has the skill and the wherewithal to produce success under their tenure, a stroke of fortune comparable with finding a F***ing big diamond in a potato field.

Remind me how of many years passed and how far did we fall under their "astonishing managerial selection"?

Is this the time for more personal comment?

Quick Reply