Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643780 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25369: Feb 10, 2019 03:44:43 pm
      Funds acquired through the sale of players.

And good commercial work - the funds are still the clubs and they are still spent on players

Nobody blamed the owners for the shortcomings you describe, it was stated however a lack of quality back up was instrumental, in that situation the manager was being largely held responsible irrespective of the same deficiency affecting results in the time scale of FSG.

Was it the owners who decided to let players leave and not buy any players - nope that was down to the manager

The owners make zero decisions as regards to on-field matters.
      They appointed Klopp who has the skill and the wherewithal to produce success under their tenure, a stroke of fortune comparable with finding a f**king big diamond in a potato field.

No different to any other owner then ? Unless you can think of an owner who does take part in on field matters ?

So it’s was just fortune that the owners picked Klopp or they made the right choice - if you can’t even give them credit for getting Klopp then they have zero chance with you

Remind me how of many years passed and how far did we fall under their "astonishing managerial selection"?

Is this the time for more personal comment?

They have been owners for 9 years I believe and have we fell under them ? Have we not moved forward since they arrived ? It’s been a bumpy journey at times with mistakes made on and off the field and at times a steep learning curve but they have taken a club in financial difficulty and in the bottom half of the table to a club making profit and the team top of the table challenging for the big titles.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25370: Feb 10, 2019 04:14:08 pm
      And good commercial work - the funds are still the clubs and they are still spent on players

Was it the owners who decided to let players leave and not buy any players - nope that was down to the manager

No different to any other owner then ? Unless you can think of an owner who does take part in on field matters ?

So it’s was just fortune that the owners picked Klopp or they made the right choice - if you can’t even give them credit for getting Klopp then they have zero chance with you

They have been owners for 9 years I believe and have we fell under them ? Have we not moved forward since they arrived ? It’s been a bumpy journey at times with mistakes made on and off the field and at times a steep learning curve but they have taken a club in financial difficulty and in the bottom half of the table to a club making profit and the team top of the table challenging for the big titles.

You make this sh*t up as you go along.
      No viable response to any of the rebuttals made of your foolish claims.
      Have a nice life.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25371: Feb 10, 2019 04:22:30 pm
      No viable response to any of the rebuttals made of your foolish claims.
      Have a nice life.

Sorry but what exactly is “made up”

You do this every time when you have no response .
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25372: Feb 10, 2019 04:52:13 pm

Pot, kettle, black??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25373: Feb 10, 2019 05:05:37 pm

Sorry but what exactly is “made up”

You do this every time when you have no response .

Quote anything that is not fact.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25374: Feb 10, 2019 05:22:09 pm
      Not getting into any mad arguments or pulling all monies ins and monies outs but there are no trophies won for having sound accounts but since Klopp came in we've been a game out from winning three.

I'm on the fence with them at this point which is a lot better than I was with them.

It's totally sound to have an opinion like Stuey's as it is the others in here.

No need for all the name calling. You wouldn't catch me doing any of that....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25375: Feb 10, 2019 05:24:43 pm

Again point out to me exactly what’s made up ?

Don’t include someone opinion.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25376: Feb 10, 2019 06:01:14 pm
      JWH stated he would not use his own money, LFC would be self financing.
      Not as you implied that FSG provided funds.

I stated as much, you running out of things to say?

YOU inferred that FSG had some influence and should take some credit for on field success, read your comment again.

After 7 years of managerial disasters and JWH admitting to "making mistakes" claims of "brilliant judgement" are incorrect and undeserved.

Mid-table and failure to qualify for Europe in that time,

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25377: Feb 10, 2019 06:08:30 pm
      Arguing about this sh*t with Wetherton is like trying to juggle water; not worth the effort.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25378: Feb 10, 2019 06:26:13 pm
      Not sure what there is to complain about with the owners at the moment. They made a lot of mistakes early on but Klopp has changed all that.

- Stadium expansion
      - New training ground
      - Massive spending spree last summer when they could have pocketed the money
      - Back Klopp 110%
      - Bumper new contract for our key players
      - Getting the club into a great financial position
      - Not seen and not heard

I’ve given them plenty of stick in the early years, like most people. But, if anything now, they aren’t getting enough credit. We are probably one of the best run clubs going now. Sure City have better money resources than us but they’ve been found out by FFP. The Mancs are ever declining, Chavs have the money but are in constant decline now.

We’ve managed to get into a great chance of winning the league with steady investment and not putting ourselves in a crippling position.

Some outside investment for a minority share would be good to boost our transfer funds a bit and I expect it will happen at some point. Not forgetting we will soon be getting an incredible new kit deal next summer.

Only going to get better IMO, really don’t see the need for anyone to be against the owners now as it stands.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25379: Feb 10, 2019 06:43:42 pm

I think me and you have gone around in enough circles in this thread over the owners to be honest.

Let’s just leave it at the fact that it is very unlikely we will ever see eye to eye when it comes to how the club is run. In my eyes they had a crappy start but massively turned it around and I can’t really expect them to compete with the likes of City financially as only a handful of clubs can.

We are very very close to being back on top in my opinion and this feels like a more sustainable footing than previous ‘false dawns’, where it was reliant on one or two players...even going back to Houllier days.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #25380: Feb 10, 2019 07:14:26 pm
      Not sure what there is to complain about with the owners at the moment. They made a lot of mistakes early on but Klopp has changed all that.

- Stadium expansion
      - New training ground
      - Back Klopp 110%
      - Not seen and not heard

I’ve given them plenty of stick in the early years, like most people. But, if anything now, they aren’t getting enough credit. We are probably one of the best run clubs going now. Sure City have better money resources than us but they’ve been found out by FFP. The Mancs are ever declining, Chavs have the money but are in constant decline now.

We’ve managed to get into a great chance of winning the league with steady investment and not putting ourselves in a crippling position.

Some outside investment for a minority share would be good to boost our transfer funds a bit and I expect it will happen at some point. Not forgetting we will soon be getting an incredible new kit deal next summer.

Only going to get better IMO, really don’t see the need for anyone to be against the owners now as it stands.

Agree with this all hands down.
      What really, do people expect of owners ?
      Do they want oligarch money?
      Arab oil money ?
      If we got either of them, we’d have people slating them.
      Perhaps they’d like a Mike Ashley type of owner, who knows.
      I’m happy with what we’ve got, and what they’ve done for the club so far.
      Be careful what you wish for !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25381: Feb 10, 2019 07:18:35 pm
      JWH stated he would not use his own money, LFC would be self financing.
      Not as you implied that FSG provided funds.

Any money spent is their money - they own the club lock stock and barrel - simple , its their money when the manager spends it

I stated as much, you running out of things to say?

YOU inferred that FSG had some influence and should take some credit for on field success, read your comment again.

Shouldnt they - they are the ones that appointed the manager so indirectly they deserve credit for that

After 7 years of managerial disasters and JWH admitting to "making mistakes" claims of "brilliant judgement" are incorrect and undeserved.

Mid-table and failure to qualify for Europe in that time,

And also two European Finals , two challenges for the title  , back to CL football on a regular basis.

You cant just only look at the poor years - right now we are in the Cl and top of the table - when they took over we were bottom half of the table. Also add in the stadium being increased which is something owner after owner promised
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #25382: Feb 11, 2019 09:57:36 pm
      Think they're doing great, turning us into a real brand again and helping Klopp and the club where necessary as previously pointed out by other posters.

Wouldn't surprise me if they sell us within the next 5 years for a tidy profit though.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25383: Feb 11, 2019 10:16:41 pm

- Stadium expansion
      - New training ground
      - Back Klopp 110%
      - Not seen and not heard

I agree with this and we need every element of it to keep pace with City and fend off any resurgence from United next season too. This is the first season we have got transfer strategy right (Or at least the first season of seeing it's effects).

We've spent the money and got the quality. I only ask now that we back that up by making the squad stronger and giving Klopp better options off the bench or when injuries hit.

Get this squad stronger and we can compete for all the trophies rather than picking and choosing what to go for.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #25384: Feb 12, 2019 06:15:57 am
      this thread shouldn't even be active
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25385: Feb 12, 2019 08:34:11 am

- Stadium expansion
      - New training ground
      - Back Klopp 110%
      - Not seen and not heard

SPOT ON.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25386: Feb 12, 2019 08:51:44 am
      this thread shouldn't even be active

It should but full of positive messages
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #25387: Feb 12, 2019 09:35:50 pm
      It should but full of positive messages

You will find love this year
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25388: May 06, 2019 05:05:15 pm
      Disappointed and don't like Henry and Werner meeting up with trump on thursday.https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2019/05/05/red-sox-manager-alex-cora-will-skip-white-house-visit/si9FFOhJaCU7nmr8decfKJ/story.html. I think the whole organization should of refused but hey dollar bills talk.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25389: May 06, 2019 05:07:54 pm
      Disappointed and don't like Henry and Werner meeting up with trump on thursday.https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2019/05/05/red-sox-manager-alex-cora-will-skip-white-house-visit/si9FFOhJaCU7nmr8decfKJ/story.html. I think the whole organization should of refused but hey dollar bills talk.

This post is pretty cringe. Who cares who they support as president? and what dollar bills are they getting for attending?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25390: May 06, 2019 05:18:44 pm
      um i F***ing care,that's why i posted it.I'm sure there's an awful lot of Liverpool fans out there that don't want the club associating with nasty little pseudo-fascists.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25391: May 06, 2019 05:28:04 pm
      um i f**king care,that's why i posted it.I'm sure there's an awful lot of Liverpool fans out there that don't want the club associating with nasty little pseudo-fascists.

ok, so you don't like Trump (neither do i), i get it, so how does FSG supporting him impact how they run the team? and what dollars are they getting for attending?

Quick Reply