Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642421 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25392: May 06, 2019 06:03:40 pm
      It's not the money from attending it's more the multi-millionaires,sticking together aspect.trumps policies goes against everything sport should be,multi ethnic,religious,sexuality etc etc but hey lets show up and shake hands and have a photo op.It stinks.And he'll use it for propaganda.https://timeline.com/british-soccer-players-give-nazi-salute-1cc5a50ea451.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25393: May 06, 2019 06:06:16 pm
      Disappointed and don't like Henry and Werner meeting up with trump on thursday.https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2019/05/05/red-sox-manager-alex-cora-will-skip-white-house-visit/si9FFOhJaCU7nmr8decfKJ/story.html. I think the whole organization should of refused but hey dollar bills talk.

Can't read the article for the paywall. Not a Trump fan here either, but it's fairly customary for champions to attend a White House ceremony. It's meant to honor the champions, not indicate support for whoever happens to be President. Henry's state went heavy against Trump in the election and I would be surprised if he voted for him.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #25394: May 06, 2019 07:12:11 pm
      Hopefully we will strengthen big in the summer as we know city will splash the cash again. Hopefully the boys don't suffer any after affects from Africa cup of nations n get a proper rest. Fenway done great but I'd love if sum big arab superpower took us over and we had billions to spend like city.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25395: May 07, 2019 12:44:47 am
      They've done everything they can to help us win Titles this year, just F***ing shattered City are a bunch of super rich cu*ts!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #25396: May 07, 2019 08:15:05 am
      They need to support Jürgen this summer.

Our squad has got better and better under the boss but we need to supplement with real quality.

It’s clear he prefers evolution to revolution BUT now we need at least one potentially first pick forward PLUS Brewster to provide real cover and freshen up the front three.

When you look over the season they’ve all had patches where confidence or physicality was low and now - Sod’s law - only Sadie is fit.

The boss is principled and stubborn - but I refuse to believe he doesn’t want that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25397: May 07, 2019 08:35:05 am
      They need to support Jürgen this summer.

Our squad has got better and better under the boss but we need to supplement with real quality.

It’s clear he prefers evolution to revolution BUT now we need at least one potentially first pick forward PLUS Brewster to provide real cover and freshen up the front three.

When you look over the season they’ve all had patches where confidence or physicality was low and now - Sod’s law - only Sadie is fit.

The boss is principled and stubborn - but I refuse to believe he doesn’t want that.

It is imperative that Fenway give Jürgen the cash to bring in 3 top class players to give the squad that extra depth.Now is the time not next January.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #25398: May 07, 2019 08:56:30 am
      It is imperative that Fenway give Jürgen the cash to bring in 3 top class players to give the squad that extra depth.Now is the time not next January.

Been my one reservation all season Billy.

I’m not one for moaning and bitching - prefer trying to be positive - but now is the time.

We’re a helluva team - just a little bit more quality depth needed.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #25399: May 07, 2019 09:01:25 am
      Bang on,no matter how this season ends its been a monumental effort and the last thing I want is to see us take a backward step & not build on it so yeah the owners need to put there hands in there pockets once again and add more quality.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25400: May 07, 2019 09:24:45 am

I’m not one for moaning and bitching - prefer trying to be positive - but now is the time.

You are spot on Al,we have just got to make a great Liverpool team greater.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #25401: May 30, 2019 09:44:47 pm
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25402: May 30, 2019 09:53:27 pm

Agree with this. I remember before H&G came in we always seemed to be a player or two off seriously competing and winning things (and to be fair, it was like that under H&G in 08/09).

But now, we are seriously competing and it feels a player or two off of becoming a major major force.

A quality forward who can play across the front 3, a natural LB to cover and compete with Andy, back up GK (assuming Migs is gone) would be the 3 essential signings for me this summer. A nice to have would then be a number 10.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #25403: May 30, 2019 10:12:29 pm
      The owners have been great for our club - there are a lot of other EPL clubs that look at how they have run LFC with envy and are starting to try and copy the model. Compared to where we were when Hicks and Gillette left, what they have done is incredible. Klopp deserves enormous credit too of course - both have helped each other, but the owners get nowhere near the credit they deserve
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25404: Jun 02, 2019 03:07:44 pm
      Big credit to the owners after last night.

We’ve got something tangible now and the club from top to bottom is unrecognizable to when they arrived. Now get your hand in your pocket this summer!!
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25405: Jun 03, 2019 07:08:02 pm
      As expected FSG have proven to be top owners. There were some bumps on the road, but now the club sits in a fantastic position both on and off the field. Anfield looks amazing, Kirkby training grown on horizon, world class manager, world class ops/management structure (Moore/Edwards, etc), financial health, great commercial growth opportunities (new kit deal, using CL win as springboard) and now European champions.

After the CL win, Klopp made a comment regarding FSG that i think goes unnoticed but is important, and it was along the lines of "they don't put any pressure on us, they know we can deliver". I think it's important that FSG let Klopp come in and work on the project and look at the big, long-term picture, instead coming in and feel the pressure to win "now", which could have meant short-term transactions to get a League Cup but not necessarily what is best for the club to be long-term competitors.

It was not long ago at all that we had to read some really dumb sh*t from anti-FSG crew, and obviously it does not come as a surprise that those same people are now quiet.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25406: Jun 03, 2019 09:18:10 pm
      All I ever wanted from them was what they gave us at the start of this season.

They've backed the manager and no doubt stand to make that money back and more in revenue for the season.

No doubt some of this will be pumped back into the playing squad for next season.

The club now is in the best shape I can ever remember.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25407: Jun 04, 2019 12:38:12 am
      As expected FSG have proven to be top owners. There were some bumps on the road, but now the club sits in a fantastic position both on and off the field. Anfield looks amazing, Kirkby training grown on horizon, world class manager, world class ops/management structure (Moore/Edwards, etc), financial health, great commercial growth opportunities (new kit deal, using CL win as springboard) and now European champions.

After the CL win, Klopp made a comment regarding FSG that i think goes unnoticed but is important, and it was along the lines of "they don't put any pressure on us, they know we can deliver". I think it's important that FSG let Klopp come in and work on the project and look at the big, long-term picture, instead coming in and feel the pressure to win "now", which could have meant short-term transactions to get a League Cup but not necessarily what is best for the club to be long-term competitors.

It was not long ago at all that we had to read some really dumb sh*t from anti-FSG crew, and obviously it does not come as a surprise that those same people are now quiet.

Look,there were very real concerns about the takeover, we were in a bad space.No point digging up the anti fsg sh*te again that's a gobs***e move.We were all looking to get to this point,took to F***ing long mind!! but we did it. 

Nice one John!buy ya a beer if ya come to The Field mate!!!!
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25408: Jun 04, 2019 07:38:53 am

Look,there were very real concerns about the takeover, we were in a bad space.No point digging up the anti fsg sh*te again that's a gobs***e move.We were all looking to get to this point,took to f**king long mind!! but we did it. 

Nice one John!buy ya a beer if ya come to The Field mate!!!!

Bobby’s teeth really must be blinding for Linda to have her sunnies on whilst on a plane!!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25409: Jun 04, 2019 08:24:06 am
      Bobby’s teeth really must be blinding for Linda to have her sunnies on whilst on a plane!!!

Reflection off the cup mate, it’s dazzling 😁
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25410: Jun 04, 2019 10:58:46 am
      Thank you for giving this club a good direction!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25411: Jun 04, 2019 01:34:56 pm
      We are winning things again like we are supposed to be doing. Nice work, keep it going and don't screw it up!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25412: Jun 04, 2019 02:12:06 pm
      Awesome when a plan comes through.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25413: Jun 04, 2019 02:15:45 pm
      Now that they've tasted blood and knows what required of them, hopefully they'll want to have more and more of it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25414: Jun 04, 2019 04:05:52 pm
      The FSG peops have done great.

What a diff. from the previous lot, if it was left to that lot of scoundrels we would have went bust long ago, let alone back on top of Europe.

Quick Reply