Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2645829 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25415: Jun 04, 2019 04:23:13 pm
      They have proven themselves very good owners, something which some of us knew all along ;-)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25417: Jun 12, 2019 10:54:09 pm
      So pleased they got to be on the Podium unity is everything in our football club.  Whatever they have or have not done they gave us the most important signing since Kenny and that is JĂźrgen.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #25418: Jun 13, 2019 12:14:40 pm
      They have proven themselves very good owners, something which some of us knew all along ;-)
      I will admit I did have my doubts when they first took over but after a Ropey start to there ownership they’ve really  sorted themselves & the club out and put us back where we belong and that all started with putting a world class manager in charge......JĂźrgen
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25419: Jun 13, 2019 12:45:07 pm
      What's boring?
      Stating fact that we do not have a squad capable of beating the best teams in Europe over the length of a season due to weak back up?.
      I did not mention FSG but stated it is no fault of the manager's.

:lmao: :lmao:

Oops

I guess it wasn’t a “fact” afterall

I’m sure you will be along soon to pass on thanks for their contributions to help create this wonderful squad
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25420: Jun 13, 2019 12:58:19 pm
      its a shame it took them a few years to work out this soccer game we could have been here a lot sooner. They have nailed the Transfer market now and it used to drive me nuts buying players who were not that good and who would have no sell on fee. We are run now just like Shankly did with the Board we had then. Build a strong team then tweak it each season and get rid of any player who doesn't do the job they are hired for.
      They now realise our fans know this club better than anyone does and the demonstration against the price increases let them know exactly what is acceptable. The ground is now full each game and is again an absolute Fortress but they got Lucky that JĂźrgen was on his break from football and that this club was a perfect fit ...no f**k that we all got lucky no just the owners.
      So 6 times CL winners 97 points in the EPL what a platform to work from.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25421: Jun 13, 2019 01:14:18 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:

Oops

I guess it wasn’t a “fact” afterall

I’m sure you will be along soon to pass on thanks for their contributions to help create this wonderful squad

f***in big oops back at ya.
      Nothing remotely connected with FSG but the genius of Klopp has turned around the downward spiral of this club under their ownership.

Without Klopp we would be suffering the results of bargain buying from a manager who has neither the charisma or wherewithal to attract top players.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25422: Jun 13, 2019 01:30:46 pm
      F**kin big oops back at ya.
      Nothing remotely connected with FSG but the genius of Klopp has turned around the downward spiral of this club under their ownership.

Without Klopp we would be suffering the results of bargain buying from a manager who has neither the charisma or wherewithal to attract top players.

Proves you can have owners without knowledge in the field, but you'll have to hire the right personnel to do the job for you. Which leads to - player recruitment is vital as well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25423: Jun 13, 2019 01:31:11 pm
      F**kin big oops back at ya.

And without the owners we wouldn’t have Klopp or the players that have arrived

Remember you said the owners left us with a squad unable to compete - yet the squad did.

Sometimes it’s better to hold your hand up and say you were wrong but I guess you won’t be able to carry on your pathetic agenda there.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25424: Jun 13, 2019 01:59:41 pm

And without the owners we wouldn’t have Klopp or the players that have arrived

Remember you said the owners left us with a squad unable to compete - yet the squad did.

Sometimes it’s better to hold your hand up and say you were wrong but I guess you won’t be able to carry on your pathetic agenda there.

At the time of your quote the squad in place were not capable of competing at the highest level.
      As stated without Klopp and under FSG we would be in the same predicament prior to his arrival.
      FSG had to get it right sooner or later after 7 years of F**k ups.
      Do you for a minute think Klopp took the reins because he relished the idea of working for owners who had no experience or knowledge of running a ‘soccer’ club?

Klopp knew our history and had the wherewithal and faith in Liverpool FC to turn around 7 years of decline.
      How would you feel about the owners of our man had refused to take on what some saw as a poisoned chalice?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25425: Jun 13, 2019 02:02:44 pm
      oh for fucks sake, give it a rest.

FSG have done a good job, Klopp has done a good job, the backroom staff have done a good job., the scouts, the analysts, the canteen staff, everyone.

They're all pulling in the same direction, and that is a major part of our success this season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25426: Jun 13, 2019 02:05:17 pm
      At the time of your quote the squad in place were not capable of competing at the highest level.
      As stated without Klopp and under FSG we would be in the same predicament prior to his arrival.
      FSG had to get it right sooner or later after 7 years of f**k ups.
      Do you for a minute think Klopp took the reins because he relished the idea of working for owners who had no experience or knowledge of running a ‘soccer’ club?

Klopp knew our history and had the wherewithal and faith in Liverpool FC to turn around 7 years of decline.
      How would you feel about the owners of our man had refused to take on what some saw as a poisoned chalice?

:lmao:

It’s all blah

The same squad you said were not capable of competing for the season in europe won the biggest trophy - you said it was “fact” - it wasn’t fact so you were talking sh*te

Klopp is only at the club because the owners hired him - that is a “FACT”

Klopp only has the players he wants because the owners have backed him fully with what he wants - that is a Fact

We won the CL because of everyone involved in club from the support staff , owners , players , coaches , groundsmen  everyone

Right now we are Europeans Champions - 4 months after you said we wouldn’t compete with the best and you said it was a “FACT”

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #25427: Jun 13, 2019 02:05:33 pm

At the time of the quote we had the same squad as we do now? No?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25428: Jun 13, 2019 02:26:35 pm
      At the time of the quote we had the same squad as we do now? No?

It’s all blah

The same squad you said were not capable of competing for the season in europe won the biggest trophy - you said it was “fact” - it wasn’t fact so you were talking sh*te

Klopp is only at the club because the owners hired him - that is a “FACT”

Klopp only has the players he wants because the owners have backed him fully with what he wants - that is a Fact

We won the CL because of everyone involved in club from the support staff , owners , players , coaches , groundsmen  everyone

Right now we are Europeans Champions - 4 months after you said we wouldn’t compete with the best and you said it was a “FACT”

What the F**k do you want an apology?
      We won the CL in spite of the owners and through the genius of Klopp and I am F***ing made up in spite of my previous doubts, doubts that the manager dispelled.
      The consensus amongst everyone was that it was an incredible achievement, none more than the 4-0 victory over Barca; once more what the F**k has that to do with FSG?
      Klopp has achieved in spite of them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25429: Jun 13, 2019 05:11:16 pm
      He’s back out I see 🙄😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25430: Jun 13, 2019 05:20:28 pm
      What the f**k do you want an apology?
      We won the CL in spite of the owners and through the genius of Klopp and I am f**king made up in spite of my previous doubts, doubts that the manager dispelled.
      The consensus amongst everyone was that it was an incredible achievement, none more than the 4-0 victory over Barca; once more what the f**k has that to do with FSG?
      Klopp has achieved in spite of them.

In spite  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Same old sh*te

Win - nothing to do with owners

Lose - blame the owners

FSG deserve their credit and 99.99 % will give it - about from the odd cretin who will still argue to the end of the day how bad they are for us.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25431: Jun 13, 2019 05:36:42 pm
      In spite  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Same old sh*te

Win - nothing to do with owners

Lose - blame the owners

FSG deserve their credit and 99.99 % will give it - about from the odd cretin who will still argue to the end of the day how bad they are for us.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I made no reference to "bad" owners.
      I stated fact that the manager is responsible for any success not FSG.
      They admit freely to making mistakes, while not being too specific about our downward spiral in the years before Klopp arrived.
      There weren't many singing their praises pre-Klopp in the years they admitted to making mistakes, I seem to remember some talk of boycotting games in protest at their mismanagement..
      Some cretins have convenient memory lapses.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25432: Jun 13, 2019 05:45:23 pm

I agree the owners can owe a lot of the success to Klopp, but remember who it is that appointed Klopp in the first place.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25433: Jun 13, 2019 06:03:07 pm
      I agree the owners can owe a lot of the success to Klopp, but remember who it is that appointed Klopp in the first place.

and Klopp cannot do it all. The supporting cast FSG has put around JĂźrgen is tremendous and everyone is rowing in the same direction.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2019 06:08:02 pm by CT_LFC »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25434: Jun 13, 2019 06:28:07 pm
      I made no reference to "bad" owners.
      They admit freely to making mistakes, while not being too specific about our downward spiral in the years before Klopp arrived.
      There weren't many singing their praises pre-Klopp in the years they admitted to making mistakes, I seem to remember some talk of boycotting games in protest at their mismanagement..
      Some cretins have convenient memory lapses.

Question - who appointed Klopp

Do you think a manager can be a success without support from the owners

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25435: Jun 13, 2019 07:11:18 pm
      Question - who appointed Klopp

Do you think a manager can be a success without support from the owners

Have a day off for fucks sake.
      Do you not comprehend the written word?
      I have answered your puerile enquiries over and over for too long, give it a F***ing break.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25436: Jun 13, 2019 07:23:47 pm
      Have a day off for fucks sake.
      Do you not comprehend the written word?
      I have answered your puerile enquiries over and over for too long, give it a f**king break.

You don’t really answer though - you avoid because you know if you do answer your stance against the owners will be blown away. But then I think we all know

Let’s remember you stated this season that the squad wasn’t good enough to compete against the best sides in Europe and used the word “fact” - you used that “fact” as a reason to point fingers at the owners for not improving the squad

So after winning the CL you were clearly wrong- now you could finally admit you were very wrong and it’s a bigger man that does admit to being wrong - I don’t think you are going to admit you were wrong about your “fact”
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25437: Jun 13, 2019 08:37:57 pm
      Owners should sign the checks and put the right people in place. They do that and I've no problem with them, but this strange obsession with "giving them their due" is odd to me. Does anyone praise the Sheiks when City win the league? Or is it because of Guardiola?

If the owners keep doing what they are doing commercially and in support of Klopp, I'm perfectly happy with them at the helm, especially the less I see of them. Klopp has meant everything, but they do deserve credit for putting him in place and supporting him.  That's status quo for how it's supposed to work though, they certainly aren't heroes for doing what is expected of them are they?

Quick Reply