Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643497 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25438: Jun 13, 2019 11:09:53 pm
      You don’t really answer though - you avoid because you know if you do answer your stance against the owners will be blown away. But then I think we all know

Let’s remember you stated this season that the squad wasn’t good enough to compete against the best sides in Europe and used the word “fact” - you used that “fact” as a reason to point fingers at the owners for not improving the squad

So after winning the CL you were clearly wrong- now you could finally admit you were very wrong and it’s a bigger man that does admit to being wrong - I don’t think you are going to admit you were wrong about your “fact”

Give your arse a chance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25439: Jun 14, 2019 12:14:09 am
      How about we all try and take a page from Klopp’s book and try to be more civil with each other?

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25440: Jun 14, 2019 09:58:01 am
      I agree the owners can owe a lot of the success to Klopp, but remember who it is that appointed Klopp in the first place.

I remember the Rodgers and Woy,it was just as well Fenway got rid of them and appointed JĂźrgen.In all fairness they have certainly got their act together and it is good to see L.F.C.the envy of every other club in Europe.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25441: Jun 14, 2019 11:47:18 am
      How about we all try and take a page from Klopp’s book and try to be more civil with each other?

Fairy muff but this lad is hounding me about something stated in the past that is not applicable to the team's nurturing over a season by the genius of the manager, not the owners but JĂźrgen Klopp.

I have reservations about FSG and any praise in the context of them "backing the manager" needs to be qualified; FSG stated they would not use their own funds in the running of the club, LFC would be a self sufficient entity which is and was the case before the fraudulent activities of H&G.

NESV had the wherewithal to free the asset that is LFC from the fraudsters and set the profit mechanism rolling again, why could they not feed the asset from the word go?

This clown brings up a statement made when we had won nothing of note for years and the manager was still juggling his magic with signings made on the back of the Coutinho sale amongst others, Klopp worked his magic and we are apparently to be eternally grateful to owners who refuse to invest in the club and have not sacked our saviour of a manager??

Praise where praise is due.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25442: Jun 14, 2019 12:22:13 pm
      I remember the Rodgers and Woy,it was just as well Fenway got rid of them and appointed JĂźrgen.In all fairness they have certainly got their act together and it is good to see L.F.C.the envy of every other club in Europe.

Rodgers was a gnats hair away from the title, so I don't think he was a bad manager.
      I just think the job was too big for him at this stage of his career.

I suppose you could make the case that he was here to fill in while the owners waited for their preferred choice.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25443: Jun 14, 2019 02:37:07 pm
      Rodgers was a gnats hair away from the title, so I don't think he was a bad manager.
      I just think the job was too big for him at this stage of his career.

I suppose you could make the case that he was here to fill in while the owners waited for their preferred choice.

I tend to agree, simply because the timing of Rodgers' firing was so odd after only 8 games into the season, and i've read the decision to fire him was already made regardless of what happened in the 8th game (against Everton).

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25444: Jun 14, 2019 03:48:42 pm

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25445: Jun 14, 2019 04:05:11 pm

sounds good to me ...do we have to hug and kiss though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25446: Jun 14, 2019 05:10:01 pm
      Fairy muff but this lad is hounding me about something stated in the past that is not applicable to the team's nurturing over a season by the genius of the manager, not the owners but JĂźrgen Klopp.

I have reservations about FSG and any praise in the context of them "backing the manager" needs to be qualified; FSG stated they would not use their own funds in the running of the club, LFC would be a self sufficient entity which is and was the case before the fraudulent activities of H&G.

NESV had the wherewithal to free the asset that is LFC from the fraudsters and set the profit mechanism rolling again, why could they not feed the asset from the word go?

This clown brings up a statement made when we had won nothing of note for years and the manager was still juggling his magic with signings made on the back of the Coutinho sale amongst others, Klopp worked his magic and we are apparently to be eternally grateful to owners who refuse to invest in the club and have not sacked our saviour of a manager??

Praise where praise is due.

:lmao:

Your bitterness towards the owners has no boundaries

The comment i highlighted was made this season exactly 4 months ago ,and it was a comment that proved to be completely without base as by proved over the next 4 months - same season pal.

As for the club being self sufficient before H&G - whose money was it that paid for Kuyt for example - the owners , the club wasn’t self sufficient enough.

The owners work in making the right appointments both on and off the field have what’s enabled us to be where we are now , superb commercial work off the field to help the manager bring in the players he needed to get the best squad we have had for decades.

What’s all this “refuse to invest” in the club - there decisions are investing in the club , they spent millions in buying the club , it’s there money the club earns and its then their money the club spends. The club is at a stage where it doesn’t need to rely on the whims of oil billionaires.

We are at a superb stage right now and it’s not just down to the manager - it’s disrespectful to a lot of people to just give credit to the manager. Credit goes to the whole club for what is happening and that also counts towards the owners , your bitterness and blinkers will never see that but thankfully the majority of the fan base do see it. There will also be the odd lone wolf still with the placards and the FSG put tattoo on their arse but most will just laugh at them now.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25447: Jun 14, 2019 06:18:11 pm
      sounds good to me ...do we have to hug and kiss though.

I mean, since we are talking about Klopp we should at least hug. Maybe some light petting if you are into it?
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #25448: Jun 17, 2019 07:56:44 pm
      Any fan that thinks Henry is the "sign the checks guy/let the football people make all the decisions guy" has no clue how this man approaches his businesses.

Fenway Group has proven to be experts at maximizing game day and marketing revenue first with their Red Sox/Fenway Park/ NESN Broadcast Co. ventures and the similarities with their LFC ownership are undeniable.
      And Henry has demonstrated a long history of thinking outside the box and into the future using analytics that often didn't exist until he threw his support behind it. He created his commodity algorithms and successfully rode that wave for years until Wall Street figured out the nuances that made him a fortune.
      Henry used his newly purchased Boston Red Sox's strong financial position to bankroll and reconfigure the team's baseball operations department charged with a new mission to build player rosters based on analytics rather than the sideline opinions of old guard fossils.
      Google "Theo Epstein" and read why John Henry brought in a kid to be his new GM and build a new roster .
      Note: Red Sox hoisted their 1st trophy in 83 years one year later.

Today in baseball, analytics are everything both in team building and how the game gets played on the field.
      People ask why Henry sacked Dalglish so quickly and it is my personal opinion Henry decided quickly to move away from old-guard philosophies and incorporate a more analytic, open minded approach to the entire operation with people more in tune with modern football.

Mentioned before and I'll say it again, watch the movie Money Ball to get an idea of the battle:  old-guard vs analytics in sports (MLB)....both in the front office and game day management. ......and see where Henry fits during the transition.

The best news for LFC is that Henry has displayed a long history of spending big on the "right" players and going after trophies.....and this tendency is already on display with 2 "best in category" purchases: Allison and VvD.

Henry and his team of analysts are certainly not perfect and have whiffed a few times over the years and some of these mistakes have been incredibly expensive. The Red Sox ate close to $100 million in terrible contracts last year and still won the World Series. 
      Good news again, he opens up the check book and fixes mistakes quickly. The Red Sox having been winning their Championship on average every 4 years since he took over despite playing in the league's smallest capacity stadium.
      Note: Despite deficient seating capacity, Boston is top 4 in MLB revenue thanks to a massive fan base comparable to LFC. As I said, experts in marketing.
      Note: The Red Sox 2013 title is perhaps their analytics department's greatest single piece of work.

The Klopp hire is very reminiscent of Henry's first manager hire after he bought the Red Sox.....Terry Francona......popular with players, willing to incorporate on the field analytics into game day strategy.....and most importantly, managed the team in accordance with the team's designed philosophy. In other words, "we built this squad to fit a certain way and we  want you to manage using this blue print as best you can." Again, watch Money Ball to see an old guard manager who refused to fit the parts together as the front office designed. Of course Klopp is a key component in team creation because of the final stamp he holds, but I would argue his recruiting ability is his greatest attribute once handed the list.

As someone with much familiarity with Henry & Co for the past 3 decades and also as someone not overwhelmed with extreme LFC supporter sentimentality (yet), I try to look at this team like the analysts.........and I like what I see but see opportunities to continue the advancement.

I am very eager to see how Henry reacts after his first embrace of a major trophy.

In the states, the "without question" best coach/GM in any professional sport is Bill Belichick.....coach of the New England Patriots NFL football team ...a team that plays in the championship game every other year on average for almost two decades  and wins 67% of those games. His approach to team building is perhaps the least sentimental in the history of team sports. He has mastered defining a players value and when the cost/value ratio exceeds his calculation, he sends them packing to other teams in exchange for assets: either new players or draft picks. Belichick is cold and clinical and his formula for team building is the envy of the league though few have the guts to send fan favorites packing.

The Red Sox and Patriots reside in the same city but management styles don't really get compared because their sports' business models are very different. Team building in English football has commonalities with each of these US sports and I will be curious if Henry can set aside sentimentality and make cold hearted roster decisions when player values get out of whack like Belichick does seemingly every other day. (His rosters are in flux 365 days a year)

Henry's one flaw has been the value he places on the "show".

Fenway Group owns a broadcast network that televises all Red Sox games and in years after a TV ratings decline, the Red Sox have too often bought an overpriced "star" with hopes of boosting TV ratings for the coming season. Some of these "ratings" purchases have defied their typically sound analytics approach.
      Will Henry keep an over valued fan favorite because of their impact to the Anfield spectacle....or will Henry be more clinical like the greatest coach in US sports whose rule #1 is: better to send them packing a year too early than a year too late.
      Can the supporters handle such an approach? The old guard pundits will no doubt define such moves as lack of loyalty.
      My opinion: no room for loyalty anymore in big stakes football and LFC is seated at the head table. Lets keep it that way. This shark needs to keep swimming forward.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019 08:01:58 pm by Borg »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25449: Jun 17, 2019 08:05:19 pm
      Any fan that thinks Henry is the "sign the checks guy/let the football people make all the decisions guy" has no clue how this man approaches his businesses.

Fenway Group has proven to be experts at maximizing game day and marketing revenue first with their Red Sox/Fenway Park/ NESN Broadcast Co. ventures and the similarities with their LFC ownership are undeniable.
      And Henry has demonstrated a long history of thinking outside the box and into the future using analytics that often didn't exist until he threw his support behind it. He created his commodity algorithms and successfully rode that wave for years until Wall Street figured out the nuances that made him a fortune.
      Henry used his newly purchased Boston Red Sox's strong financial position to bankroll and reconfigure the team's baseball operations department charged with a new mission to build player rosters based on analytics rather than the sideline opinions of old guard fossils.
      Google "Theo Epstein" and read why John Henry brought in a kid to be his new GM and build a new roster .
      Note: Red Sox hoisted their 1st trophy in 83 years one year later.

Today in baseball, analytics are everything both in team building and how the game gets played on the field.
      People ask why Henry sacked Dalglish so quickly and it is my personal opinion Henry decided quickly to move away from old-guard philosophies and incorporate a more analytic, open minded approach to the entire operation with people more in tune with modern football.

Mentioned before and I'll say it again, watch the movie Money Ball to get an idea of the battle:  old-guard vs analytics in sports (MLB)....both in the front office and game day management. ......and see where Henry fits during the transition.

The best news for LFC is that Henry has displayed a long history of spending big on the "right" players and going after trophies.....and this tendency is already on display with 2 "best in category" purchases: Allison and VvD.

Henry and his team of analysts are certainly not perfect and have whiffed a few times over the years and some of these mistakes have been incredibly expensive. The Red Sox ate close to $100 million in terrible contracts last year and still won the World Series. 
      Good news again, he opens up the check book and fixes mistakes quickly. The Red Sox having been winning their Championship on average every 4 years since he took over despite playing in the league's smallest capacity stadium.
      Note: Despite deficient seating capacity, Boston is top 4 in MLB revenue thanks to a massive fan base comparable to LFC. As I said, experts in marketing.
      Note: The Red Sox 2013 title is perhaps their analytics department's greatest single piece of work.

The Klopp hire is very reminiscent of Henry's first manager hire after he bought the Red Sox.....Terry Francona......popular with players, willing to incorporate on the field analytics into game day strategy.....and most importantly, managed the team in accordance with the team's designed philosophy. In other words, "we built this squad to fit a certain way and we  want you to manage using this blue print as best you can." Again, watch Money Ball to see an old guard manager who refused to fit the parts together as the front office designed. Of course Klopp is a key component in team creation because of the final stamp he holds, but I would argue his recruiting ability is his greatest attribute once handed the list.

As someone with much familiarity with Henry & Co for the past 3 decades and also as someone not overwhelmed with extreme LFC supporter sentimentality (yet), I try to look at this team like the analysts.........and I like what I see but see opportunities to continue the advancement.

I am very eager to see how Henry reacts after his first embrace of a major trophy.

In the states, the "without question" best coach/GM in any professional sport is Bill Belichick.....coach of the New England Patriots NFL football team ...a team that plays in the championship game every other year on average for almost two decades  and wins 67% of those games. His approach to team building is perhaps the least sentimental in the history of team sports. He has mastered defining a players value and when the cost/value ratio exceeds his calculation, he sends them packing to other teams in exchange for assets: either new players or draft picks. Belichick is cold and clinical and his formula for team building is the envy of the league though few have the guts to send fan favorites packing.

The Red Sox and Patriots reside in the same city but management styles don't really get compared because their sports' business models are very different. Team building in English football has commonalities with each of these US sports and I will be curious if Henry can set aside sentimentality and make cold hearted roster decisions when player values get out of whack like Belichick does seemingly every other day. (His rosters are in flux 365 days a year)

Henry's one flaw has been the value he places on the "show".

Fenway Group owns a broadcast network that televises all Red Sox games and in years after a TV ratings decline, the Red Sox have too often bought an overpriced "star" with hopes of boosting TV ratings for the coming season. Some of these "ratings" purchases have defied their typically sound analytics approach.
      Will Henry keep an over valued fan favorite because of their impact to the Anfield spectacle....or will Henry be more clinical like the greatest coach in US sports whose rule #1 is: better to send them packing a year too early than a year too late.
      Can the supporters handle such an approach? The old guard pundits will no doubt define such moves as lack of loyalty.
      My opinion: no room for loyalty anymore in big stakes football and LFC is seated at the head table. Lets keep it that way. This shark needs to keep swimming forward.

Well i would say this as a life time patriot/red sox guy...(hint is in my username)

Above and beyond anything else they tend to put people that they trust in place and let them run the show.

If Edwards/Klopp want somebody they will most likely get them...if they don't (for whatever reason) then FSG is not going to go over the top of them and purchase or demand that they get players.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25450: Jun 18, 2019 02:35:34 pm
      Well i would say this as a life time patriot/red sox guy...(hint is in my username)

Above and beyond anything else they tend to put people that they trust in place and let them run the show.

If Edwards/Klopp want somebody they will most likely get them...if they don't (for whatever reason) then FSG is not going to go over the top of them and purchase or demand that they get players.

Exactly.

There's also the fact that Mike Gordon is now the FSG man at LFC.
      Information is hard to come by (or reliable information) but it seems that he is both hands on and content to let the management get on with things.
      It was noticeable a few yers ago, that our transfer dealing became much more streamlined, and coincided with Gordon taking on responsibility for LFC while Henry concentrated on baseball.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25451: Jun 18, 2019 02:59:57 pm
      Exactly.

There's also the fact that Mike Gordon is now the FSG man at LFC.
      Information is hard to come by (or reliable information) but it seems that he is both hands on and content to let the management get on with things.
      It was noticeable a few yers ago, that our transfer dealing became much more streamlined, and coincided with Gordon taking on responsibility for LFC while Henry concentrated on baseball.

Yup, during that interview before the CL final, Henry was asked how often he spoke with JĂźrgen and he said Gordon speaks to him all the time but that he directly did not speak with JĂźrgen as often.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25452: Jun 18, 2019 04:11:50 pm
      Uefa the second most corrupt footballing body after FIFA have issued just 5000 tickets to Liverpool and Chelsea for the Super Cup.
      Could I suggest the owners get a grip of this and tell UEFA we get that for youth games and that is who we will be sending unless we get a proper allocation. Just today Platini being arrested for dodgy dealings with Qatar over the WC its just time for all clubs to back their supporters and tell UEFA to F**k right off and start respecting the people who are the foundations of the game because if supporters stop going football is dead.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25453: Jun 18, 2019 05:10:05 pm
      Uefa the second most corrupt footballing body after FIFA have issued just 5000 tickets to Liverpool and Chelsea for the Super Cup.
      Could I suggest the owners get a grip of this and tell UEFA we get that for youth games and that is who we will be sending unless we get a proper allocation. Just today Platini being arrested for dodgy dealings with Qatar over the WC its just time for all clubs to back their supporters and tell UEFA to f**k right off and start respecting the people who are the foundations of the game because if supporters stop going football is dead.

Couldn't agree more Walt,  in fact id go further,  I'd send the U18's, and no disrespect to those young lads but ,I'd send the tickets back and tell them to F**k off,
      Start a online campaign to boycott the game itself,  UEFA/FIFA rip off the fans year in year out, they need to be taught a lesson, Greedy Kunts !!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #25454: Jun 18, 2019 06:03:00 pm
      Could I suggest the owners get a grip of this and tell UEFA we get that for youth games and that is who we will be sending unless we get a proper allocation. Just today Platini being arrested for dodgy dealings with Qatar over the WC its just time for all clubs to back their supporters and tell UEFA to F**k right off and start respecting the people who are the foundations of the game because if supporters stop going football is dead.

It's gone on for years mate, the corruption is so entrenched in EUFA and FIFA as to be almost accepted.
      Any investigation into the dealings of the top officials in both organisations sheds light on questionable practices,
      No wonder it took so long implementing VAR, if the same scrutiny were given to their dodgy dealings quite a number would be in the sin bin if past events are anything to go by.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25455: Jun 18, 2019 07:52:18 pm

Couldn't agree more Walt,  in fact id go further,  I'd send the U18's, and no disrespect to those young lads but ,I'd send the tickets back and tell them to f**k off,
      Start a online campaign to boycott the game itself,  UEFA/FIFA rip off the fans year in year out, they need to be taught a lesson, Greedy Kunts !!

What difference does it make what group of players is sent? It doesn’t change the situation and would be using the youngsters for the wrong reasons. None of us agree with the shitty way UEFA do things and the ticket allocations seem to be getting worse and worse but we should still play the game like any other IMO, if teams start trying to treat UEFA competitions in the manor that equates to the way the competition is run then all UEFA are going to do is dig their heels in even more. Eventually the fans will actually get to benefit properly but we don’t want to cut of our noses to spite our face because unfortunately, UEFA could become a lot more awkward if it’s not handled properly. As long as the club has our backs and is doing all they can do to change things then I still want us to go at it 100% because we all still want to be successful with silverware.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25456: Jun 18, 2019 08:27:13 pm
      It's gone on for years mate, the corruption is so entrenched in EUFA and FIFA as to be almost accepted.
      Any investigation into the dealings of the top officials in both organisations sheds light on questionable practices,
      No wonder it took so long implementing VAR, if the same scrutiny were given to their dodgy dealings quite a number would be in the sin bin if past events are anything to go by.

Yes it has gone on for years so isn't it about time supporters got together to stop UEFA taking the piss. I doubt very much the TV companies would enjoy empty grounds if fans boycotted a game here and there. 5000 tickets is nothing short of insulting
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #25457: Jun 18, 2019 08:40:53 pm
      Yes it has gone on for years so isn't it about time supporters got together to stop UEFA taking the piss. I doubt very much the TV companies would enjoy empty grounds if fans boycotted a game here and there. 5000 tickets is nothing short of insulting

Empty grounds won’t change anything, they’d just find a way to cut ticket allowances and insist on a large portion for all the corporations to then take the money in for them. Won’t change anything with TV companies either because it’s not attendances that get them deals happening and if stadiums are empty then do you really think everyone would boycott completely? Not a chance IMO and will just end up watching on the tele still so if anything the TV companies will benefit. TV companies will still get the subscriptions they need because the channels aren’t solely dedicated to football.
      Also empty grounds will just hamper the club and impact our finances. Everything you can think of will either lead to UEFA taking an alternative route to get what they want or is going to have a negative impact on the club. Unfortunately fans are very unlikely going to be able to do anything, the clubs know how much fans are pissed off and it’s down to them to fight our corner.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25458: Jun 18, 2019 10:52:14 pm

It is about time Football clubs worldwide took control back of their own destiny.Oh for the days when it was up to the clubs if they wanted to release a player for international duty.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25459: Jun 19, 2019 10:08:14 am
      Empty grounds won’t change anything, they’d just find a way to cut ticket allowances and insist on a large portion for all the corporations to then take the money in for them. Won’t change anything with TV companies either because it’s not attendances that get them deals happening and if stadiums are empty then do you really think everyone would boycott completely? Not a chance IMO and will just end up watching on the tele still so if anything the TV companies will benefit. TV companies will still get the subscriptions they need because the channels aren’t solely dedicated to football.
      Also empty grounds will just hamper the club and impact our finances. Everything you can think of will either lead to UEFA taking an alternative route to get what they want or is going to have a negative impact on the club. Unfortunately fans are very unlikely going to be able to do anything, the clubs know how much fans are pissed off and it’s down to them to fight our corner.

What's the answer then 7KK7 ?
      Doing nothing only allows them to keep doing what their doing ,Ripping the f***in Piss,
      Something has to be at least seen to be done, fans are powerless and not listened to, so the club with more sway would ,
      Our club do listen to the fans, so maybe fans could speak to those concerned and see what can be done ?

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #25460: Jun 19, 2019 12:45:53 pm
      What's the answer then 7KK7 ?
      Doing nothing only allows them to keep doing what their doing ,Ripping the F**kin Piss,
      Something has to be at least seen to be done, fans are powerless and not listened to, so the club with more sway would ,
      Our club do listen to the fans, so maybe fans could speak to those concerned and see what can be done ?

YNWA

I haven’t said do nothing, I said it needs to be done properly in a way that won’t lead to UEFA making the problem even worse. You’ve said that the club listens to the fans and ultimately no matter how much we want things to change, it’s down to the clubs to make sure that happens. But emptying grounds isn’t going to make the slightest bit of difference to UEFA because it would take every team to do that, not just one or two and they know it will never happen. Tickets sales from the fans make up very little of the income for UEFA in the grand scheme of things so to be honest they aren’t going to give a toss about that. The fact they make teams play behind closed doors from time to time for whatever punishment I think shows that. The clubs are the ones who can talk to them so they are the ones that can lead to changes being made.

Playing youngsters isn’t the answer either because it’s using them for the wrong reasons. Here you go Adam Lewis, Curtis Jones and whoever, you are getting to play the Super Cup today instead of our strongest team, not because you’ve worked hard and deserve the chance, but because we want to try and treat UEFA competitions with the same contempt that they treat the fans... not a good look IMO.

UEFA are a bunch of cu*ts but unfortunately there’s very little we can do about it due to the level of corruption there.
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2019 12:52:23 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply