Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643485 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25484: Jul 17, 2019 01:11:06 pm
      We've officially ruined Christmas!! No Evertonian kids will be getting Fifa this year.

Liverpool FC scores new partnership with EA SPORTS

Liverpool FC has teamed up with creator of the EA SPORTS™ FIFA game series, Electronic Arts Inc., in a new long-term partnership to help fans get closer to and engage with the world of football entertainment.

A global leader in video game development, EA SPORTS will now become the club’s official football simulation game partner, ahead of the launch of EA SPORTS FIFA 20, available worldwide in September.

The partnership will see LFC and EA SPORTS working together to create content that is specific for the club for fans to enjoy globally across the club’s social channels.

Billy Hogan, managing director and chief commercial officer at LFC, said: “Both on and off the pitch, we’re always looking for new ways to bring our fans around the world closer to the club that they love.

“Our partnership with EA SPORTS will enable us to give our supporters even more opportunities to engage with Liverpool FC through the innovative and exciting world of gaming. We look forward to working together over the next few years.”

Samantha Ebelthite, UK&I country manager at EA, said: “We always strive to blur the lines between the virtual and real worlds of football. By partnering with Liverpool FC, we are delighted to continue breaking new ground, providing unrivalled authenticity to fans across the globe.

“It’s fantastic to become the club’s official football simulation game partner and we’re looking forward to working with the European Champions over the course of the partnership.”

EA SPORTS FIFA 20 is available to pre-order now on PS4, Xbox One and PC ahead of the game’s worldwide release on September 27.     

This is definitely the work of who else but Peter Moore.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #25485: Jul 18, 2019 01:55:49 pm
      Question: Any websites devoted to the finances of LFC?

I have to admit I am interested in the business of football almost as much as I am interested in the matches themselves.
      Reading articles about how the former owners bankrupted the team and the financial debt racked up at Man U, I want to know more about Fenway Group's financial game plan.
      Ticket revenue
      Concession revenue
      Breakdown of expenses
      Debt servicing
      Budgeting
      etc
      etc
      etc
      everything
      anything

I realize actual detailed numbers will never see the light of day but I'm hoping some fully absorbed finance geek/obsessed LFC fan has given it a go.

Thanks in advance
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25486: Jul 18, 2019 02:42:02 pm
      Question: Any websites devoted to the finances of LFC?

I have to admit I am interested in the business of football almost as much as I am interested in the matches themselves.
      Reading articles about how the former owners bankrupted the team and the financial debt racked up at Man U, I want to know more about Fenway Group's financial game plan.
      Ticket revenue
      Concession revenue
      Breakdown of expenses
      Debt servicing
      Budgeting
      etc
      etc
      etc
      everything
      anything

I realize actual detailed numbers will never see the light of day but I'm hoping some fully absorbed finance geek/obsessed LFC fan has given it a go.

Thanks in advance

Company house would be your closest bet.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25487: Jul 18, 2019 04:39:28 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #25488: Jul 20, 2019 03:03:12 pm
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25489: Jul 21, 2019 11:25:25 am
      I hope FSG are adding on interest to this debt. Still owe us and yet paying €100m for other players. FFP my arse.

https://twitter.com/Mobyhaque1/status/1150170261112725506?s=19

Could be why Klopp can't splash the cash. Tell them we'll take Messi +£92m..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25490: Jul 21, 2019 12:18:54 pm

Don't think money is the issue its vary much a case of getting the right players who can fit into Jurgens extended family.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #25491: Jul 21, 2019 01:52:23 pm
      Don't think money is the issue its vary much a case of getting the right players who can fit into Jurgens extended family.
      Trying to connect some dots here...

LFC has kept their wallet in their back pocket for the most part, only purchasing a couple of kids while shipping out 2 vets who consumed considerable salary (combined 150k /week)
      Reports Mo may get a massive bump in salary (400+k/week)
      Reports VvD wants a significant bump
      News that Man U's DeGea signed to a 375k/week deal (crazy)
      What will Allison and Mane seek?
      Robertson getting ranked as one of the top LBs in the world

Interesting time for LFC.
      So much talent worthy of elite contracts at a time when LFC sits on a pile of cash.

Seems to me LFC will limit itself this year to splashing their cash in the form of significant pay raises to multiple stars.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25492: Jul 21, 2019 02:55:39 pm

It really is weird that even after seeing how we’ve done our transfers the past couple of years that people still think this way.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #25493: Jul 21, 2019 04:00:06 pm
      I hope FSG are adding on interest to this debt. Still owe us and yet paying €100m for other players. FFP my arse.

https://twitter.com/Mobyhaque1/status/1150170261112725506?s=19

I don't believe this 93mill figure.
      Multiple articles at the time of the deal reported Barca paid 120 mill euros up front. Was LFC borrowing to buy VvD and Allison? Seems unlikely.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25494: Jul 21, 2019 05:35:01 pm
      Multiple articles at the time of the deal reported Barca paid 120 mill euros up front. Was LFC borrowing to buy VvD and Allison? Seems unlikely.

Seeing as it’s rare for a team to do anything other than split a transfer fee down to the number of years the player is signing for, i very much doubt they paid anywhere near 120mill up front, so it’s quite possible they do still owe us 90mill.
      Even if Barca weren’t to pay us another penny, we still wouldn’t be borrowing the money for Virgil and Alisson because the amount we’ve made over the last 2 seasons through other revenue streams other than transfers will more than cover it. It’s called cash flow and we will be paying them transfer fees in instalments, just as Barca will be for Coutinho.

Why is it when we spend money the transfer team and Klopp are amazing and then when we don’t spend money it’s down to the owners not putting their hands in their pockets? Have these people not considered that maybe it’s Klopp who is saying to the owners that we don’t need to spend because the right player isn’t available? Given the owners said we will invest again this summer, I’d say that scenario is highly likely.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2019 05:40:59 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25495: Jul 21, 2019 05:51:00 pm

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25496: Jul 22, 2019 12:10:24 pm
      We need to reflect on the Pre Season and what its for because the time schedule the heat the travel is really not good for preparing to play in the EPL. It may well be good for the Bank Balance but how it benefits the team is in doubt. We don't play football in that sort of Temp and it must be very tiring for the lads.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25497: Jul 22, 2019 12:21:30 pm
      We need to reflect on the Pre Season and what its for because the time schedule the heat the travel is really not good for preparing to play in the EPL. It may well be good for the Bank Balance but how it benefits the team is in doubt. We don't play football in that sort of Temp and it must be very tiring for the lads.

The good old bank balance coming before all else
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25498: Jul 22, 2019 12:30:58 pm

The good old bank balance coming before all else

I get that I really do but playing and training this sort of heat and then playing non football stadiums isn't ideal.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25499: Jul 22, 2019 03:55:36 pm
      I get that I really do but playing and training this sort of heat and then playing non football stadiums isn't ideal.

Why is it different than running up some mountain in the Alps or over sand dunes in Gullane? It is supposed to be hard. As James Milner is saying, It will pay off.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25500: Jul 22, 2019 04:29:57 pm

You've a point. But I believe it's all marketing. This is the only time to market the club in America. Not everyone can come to watch the team at Anfield. So the club goes to them. And does promotionals.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25501: Jul 22, 2019 05:13:44 pm
      Why is it different than running up some mountain in the Alps or over sand dunes in Gullane? It is supposed to be hard. As James Milner is saying, It will pay off.
      It will pay off if we start playing in searing temperatures but heat can be incredibly damaging. 
      I know they are working really hard but the heat is draining them rather than the effort.  Getting the balance in Pre season is getting difficult
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25502: Jul 23, 2019 08:25:42 pm
      You've a point. But I believe it's all marketing. This is the only time to market the club in America. Not everyone can come to watch the team at Anfield. So the club goes to them. And does promotionals.

And gets beat!! :laugh:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25503: Jul 24, 2019 01:11:42 pm

100% correct. Klopp wont just splash cash for the sake of it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25504: Jul 24, 2019 01:15:38 pm

This is true, but only in the states for 3 friendlies, then back to Scotland yay!!, then france.

I think by time the norwich game comes round we will be fine.

The squad is light of 1st team players just now, arguably our best players, salah, mane, bobbi, Alison & naby & big Shaq injured, so all the young lads are getting their chance, all good and all that stuff as klopp says. ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25505: Jul 25, 2019 10:17:16 am
      I think Jürgen has made a few signal comments that he isn't happy with this format of Pre Season . He will be happy to be back at Melwood or will he as its going to be 32'C today.
      It looks like he doesn't want Couthino back here so with Clyne down and out I would love to be a fly on the Wall when he asks where are the players or player I have asked for. I  get the feeling in private he will not be calm cool and collected.
      I do think there is a blockage with Neymar,Bale,Couthino all part of the problem once they move it will release funds and players into the market
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25506: Jul 25, 2019 11:45:20 am
      I think Jürgen has made a few signal comments that he isn't happy with this format of Pre Season . He will be happy to be back at Melwood or will he as its going to be 32'C today.
      It looks like he doesn't want Couthino back here so with Clyne down and out I would love to be a fly on the Wall when he asks where are the players or player I have asked for. I  get the feeling in private he will not be calm cool and collected.
      I do think there is a blockage with Neymar,Bale,Couthino all part of the problem once they move it will release funds and players into the market

Possibly mate, and as klopp has stated, its not so easy to add quality our 1st team, its so good already, he wont just want to buy an average joe for backup, when he can coach a young lad from u23s to do a backup job.

To me hes happy with Gomez, being cover for RB & RCB, Milner is cover for Robbo and all MF, then if struggling these u23 lads are showing great promise.

Origi, Brewster & Big Shaq are cover for the main front 3, so thats not bad, we could maybe be doing with another top Striker, but thats getting into realms of 100mill and crazy wages, which teh club & klopp dont want to do in case it upsets the squad harmony.

We spend big last couple of seasons, his squad is now where he wants it, bar a little tweak here or there.

Quick Reply