Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642427 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25507: Jul 25, 2019 01:53:36 pm
      I think JĂźrgen has made a few signal comments that he isn't happy with this format of Pre Season . He will be happy to be back at Melwood or will he as its going to be 32'C today.
      It looks like he doesn't want Couthino back here so with Clyne down and out I would love to be a fly on the Wall when he asks where are the players or player I have asked for. I  get the feeling in private he will not be calm cool and collected.
      I do think there is a blockage with Neymar,Bale,Couthino all part of the problem once they move it will release funds and players into the market

Not disagreeing, but what comment in particular?

He didn't look happy during and after the match last night. at one point Robbo hit a cross and it went into touch on the other side of the park, illustrating how ridiculously narrow the playing surface was. Klopp gave a rueful shake of the head.

As I mentioned on the match thread, there are plenty of stadiums in the u.s. with good pitches and appropriate seating and boundaries. If the team is using these games to get ready, then let's not get in the way with silly arrangements
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25508: Jul 25, 2019 03:29:54 pm

As I mentioned on the match thread, there are plenty of stadiums in the u.s. with good pitches and appropriate seating and boundaries. If the team is using these games to get ready, then let's not get in the way with silly arrangements

Agree. It's pathetic that they have to use baseball stadiums to play games when there are so many venues available. I get Fenway because of FSG/Red Sox, but Yankee stadium? makes no sense. MetLife stadium is just over the water in NJ and is of proper dimensions if they want to cater to the NY area.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #25509: Jul 25, 2019 03:39:20 pm
      Agree. It's pathetic that they have to use baseball stadiums to play games when there are so many venues available.
      Surfaces are very poor, made me uneasy watching all the games during the tour.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25510: Jul 25, 2019 04:12:00 pm
      Surfaces are very poor, made me uneasy watching all the games during the tour.

Didn't watched last night's game but watched the highlights earlier this morning and the field was amazingly narrow. Can't believe professional teams are made to play in fields the size that travel rec teams probably play in. Not to mention the surface, as you say.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25511: Jul 25, 2019 06:57:25 pm
      Looking to trade mark the name ‘Liverpool’ to protect club & supporters (🙄) ...

Liverpool Football Club has moved to trademark the word “Liverpool” - but has stressed it is “only in the context of football products and services”.

The Reds say the application to the Intellectual Property Office is to protect both the club and the supporters “from those benefiting from inauthentic products”.

https://twitter.com/livechonews/status/1154339100750598145?s=21
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25512: Jul 25, 2019 08:01:15 pm
      Looking to trade mark the name ‘Liverpool’ to protect club & supporters (🙄) ...

https://twitter.com/livechonews/status/1154339100750598145?s=21

Essentially to stop people selling tacky sh*te with ‘Liverpool’ written on it?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25513: Jul 25, 2019 09:56:55 pm

The Liverpool store is fu**ed then!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25514: Jul 25, 2019 11:09:12 pm

Peoples livelihoods that.

F**k this off, Fenway taking the piss here. Liverpool does not belong to them.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25515: Jul 25, 2019 11:12:04 pm

Well one could look at it and say that selling knock-off counterfeit stuff from China that the club doesn't see a bit of also affects peoples livelihoods.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25516: Jul 26, 2019 12:15:59 am
      Well one could look at it and say that selling knock-off counterfeit stuff from China that the club doesn't see a bit of also affects peoples livelihoods.

Only the shareholders mate.. 😘

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25517: Jul 26, 2019 06:37:10 am

They'll live I'm sure.

Cant trademark the name Liverpool i'm afraid, or the colour red. They've already trademarked the liver bird with LFC under it, what more do they want?

Theres more Liverpools about than just this club for one thing.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #25518: Jul 26, 2019 08:44:23 am
      The Liverpool store is fu**ed then!!

Haha true!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #25519: Jul 26, 2019 08:45:35 am

Yea but selling knock off counterfit products isn’t something I’d say is an honest wage so I’ve little sympathy to be perfectly honest
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25520: Jul 26, 2019 01:30:55 pm
      Yea but selling knock off counterfit products isn’t something I’d say is an honest wage so I’ve little sympathy to be perfectly honest

They tried trademarking Allez Allez Allez as well the cheeky cu*ts. Trying to make dollar on the back off it. The word Liverpool isn't theirs, so can F**k right off.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25521: Jul 26, 2019 01:33:57 pm

So you want to ban the fellas who sell scarves outside St John's and down Anfield road on match days?

Club has to give something back, no need for their rampant American style capitalism. Its greed, no other way to describe it really.

They own LFC. Not Liverpool, not the Liverbird, not the colour red, not our chants.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25522: Jul 26, 2019 01:35:32 pm

It's not all about counterfeit stuff though. It's about good honest people like those that run HSOAB, Transalpino, fan culture stuff all worn by a lot of our travelling scouse army in madrid. It's easy to say have no sympathy when you don't know who will actually be affected.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #25523: Jul 26, 2019 01:48:22 pm
      It's not all about counterfeit stuff though. It's about good honest people like those that run HSOAB, Transalpino, fan culture stuff all worn by a lot of our travelling scouse army in madrid. It's easy to say have no sympathy when you don't know who will actually be affected.

I find the quality stuff you’d want to buy usually won’t be plastered with the word ‘liverpool’ so hopefully the original creators who sell unofficial quality gear won’t see their income damaged
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25524: Jul 26, 2019 03:35:39 pm
      Are people reacting to the clickbait headline as oppossed to the details here? Seems the club has always trademarked it's stuff,just there's way more of it now and way more people to consume it,3 F***ing offi shirts every year,down to all the 6 times merch.I don't object to the slightly cheaper t-shirts,scarf lot and i don't think the club is going after them. But it's summer and we gotta have a moan about something! :kop5cf8koxp6: hopefully not a copywrite infringement there!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25525: Jul 26, 2019 06:29:13 pm
      Are people reacting to the clickbait headline as oppossed to the details here? Seems the club has always trademarked it's stuff,just there's way more of it now and way more people to consume it,3 F***ing offi shirts every year,down to all the 6 times merch.I don't object to the slightly cheaper t-shirts,scarf lot and i don't think the club is going after them. But it's summer and we gotta have a moan about something! :kop5cf8koxp6: hopefully not a copywrite infringement there!!

If they stopped being greedy tw*ts people wouldn't have something to moan about!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25526: Jul 27, 2019 04:24:31 pm
      It's a multi million dollar business,they ain't gonna give stuff away.Just like the street sellers mark up their prices everyone is out for something,no?  I think most clubs/all clubs do this trade mark thing,but a few people,no clue why SOS got involved, have some kinda agenda and stir sh*t up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #25527: Jul 28, 2019 12:06:19 am
      It's a multi million dollar business,they ain't gonna give stuff away.Just like the street sellers mark up their prices everyone is out for something,no?  I think most clubs/all clubs do this trade mark thing,but a few people,no clue why SOS got involved, have some kinda agenda and stir sh*t up.

With the amount of money pouring into the club from TV deals, commercial deals, match revenue etc etc I think it's in poor taste trying to trademark Liverpool to be honest mate.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25528: Jul 28, 2019 01:43:48 am
      With the amount of money pouring into the club from TV deals, commercial deals, match revenue etc etc I think it's in poor taste trying to trademark Liverpool to be honest mate.

Pure greed.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25529: Jul 28, 2019 03:06:53 am

it's probably much about knock-off merchandise sold in large volumes in China and other international places rather than the guy selling scarves outside Anfield on match day.

Quick Reply