Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642649 times
      Kopite78
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25714: Aug 08, 2020 10:38:29 pm

Have they given any indication that they are selling ? Surely can’t accuse them based of something that hasn’t even happened yet

And surely If the club increases in value of the field then the owners are doing something

You think the end plan isn’t to sell? At a massively inflated price to what they paid? That winning isn’t simply a by product?
      Had they not happened across success they may well have “only” doubled their outlay, they well make more but “winning” wasn’t their prime objective when they brought the club. The fact they were offered a no lose bargain was
      If they wanted to they could invest more

If you think they ever brought the club for nothing other than end goal profit you’re very naive

Sorry to tell you, Santa nor the Easter rabbit exist
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25715: Aug 09, 2020 02:42:16 am
      You think the end plan isn’t to sell? At a massively inflated price to what they paid? That winning isn’t simply a by product?
      Had they not happened across success they may well have “only” doubled their outlay, they well make more but “winning” wasn’t their prime objective when they brought the club. The fact they were offered a no lose bargain was

If you think they ever brought the club for nothing other than end goal profit you’re very naive

Name better owners of an elite club that aren't oil wealth or Russian oligarch.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25716: Aug 09, 2020 02:49:59 am

Doesn't every owner of every club eventually sell?

How else do you increase the value of a club besides doing/enabling the things that make a club more competitive and thus more likely to win? Slick marketing won't make a club more valuable if the results don't come with it. They are setting up a return on their investment by doing the things that bring the results supporters want.

If you don't want that, what kind of owner do you want, and can you name some examples in world football today?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25717: Aug 09, 2020 08:14:02 am

Every owner at some stage sells up - but they aren’t right now only interested in selling , the main goal is to make the club as successful as possible both on and off the pitch.

Bet you are one of those that point fingers at the likes of City and Chelsea with their owners and spending yet don’t want our owners - not sure what that leaves you with.

Either way they bought us when we were near rock bottom and you only have to look at where we are now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25718: Aug 09, 2020 08:39:08 am
      Possibly a comment for when the transfer window closes mate?

I'm sure JĂźrgen knows what he needs to continue our run of form.

Cant even remember posting this 😊
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25719: Aug 09, 2020 09:16:02 am

oh so they are mingebags because they are evil capitalists and have an asset appreciating in value!!

I have said previously that they are not the most generous of owners but then when you look at clubs like Real Madrid who are drowning in debt then I'm quite happy to have owners who run the club in a responsible and sustainable model, for domestic reference look at Leeds and how long its taken them to get back to the top table after they over reached and went bust.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25720: Aug 09, 2020 09:43:45 am
      oh so they are mingebags because they are evil capitalists and have an asset appreciating in value!!

I have said previously that they are not the most generous of owners but then when you look at clubs like Real Madrid who are drowning in debt then I'm quite happy to have owners who run the club in a responsible and sustainable model, for domestic reference look at Leeds and how long its taken them to get back to the top table after they over reached and went bust.

Who said they should over reach?

I think they are far in the safe zone for that to be suggested
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25721: Aug 09, 2020 01:35:31 pm
      for domestic reference look at Leeds and how long its taken them to get back to the top table after they over reached and went bust.

I don't think anybody is asking us to do anything along the lines of what Leeds did. The owners didn't spend any money last season and it looks as though we're going to have another quiet window this summer, this is after reaping the financial rewards of a European Cup, league title & bumper shirt deal. People aren't demanding a feast but I don't think they'll be happy with another famine. Clubs can improve their squads without putting themselves into administration
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25722: Aug 09, 2020 02:38:58 pm
      Doesn't every owner of every club eventually sell?

How else do you increase the value of a club besides doing/enabling the things that make a club more competitive and thus more likely to win? Slick marketing won't make a club more valuable if the results don't come with it. They are setting up a return on their investment by doing the things that bring the results supporters want.

If you don't want that, what kind of owner do you want, and can you name some examples in world football today?

Fan owned clubs in Germany?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25723: Aug 09, 2020 02:42:03 pm
      I don't think anybody is asking us to do anything along the lines of what Leeds did. The owners didn't spend any money last season and it looks as though we're going to have another quiet window this summer, this is after reaping the financial rewards of a European Cup, league title & bumper shirt deal. People aren't demanding a feast but I don't think they'll be happy with another famine. Clubs can improve their squads without putting themselves into administration

Very true the minges have only spent when we have sold, not asking for loads of signings but we have to continually build, only one or two big signings a season but these minges just want to live of the clubs success, remember moneyball
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25724: Aug 09, 2020 03:50:34 pm
      Who said they should over reach?

I think they are far in the safe zone for that to be suggested

How would you know if they are in the safe zone or not??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25725: Aug 09, 2020 03:53:41 pm

"Clubs can improve their squads without putting themselves into administration"

Indeed they can through prudent and clever signings like Robertson, when you are basically buying just to bolster a squad then there is no reason to overspend, its actually a lot easier as you can take a bit more of a gamble on up and coming talent.
      Having said that I would like to see us get another forward who has a bit of experience, someone like Sarr would be absolutely perfect.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25726: Aug 09, 2020 04:53:37 pm

Maybe people need to read the official accounts that are submitted to the HMRC to understand the finances at the club.

Shirt deal is a smaller up front payment
      We aren’t making massive profits because of the increase in the wage bill .

We will have potentially an big impact on the finances because of Covid

But it’s sad now that it’s got to a stage when fans appear to want players to sign as opposed to winning trophies.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25727: Aug 09, 2020 04:56:39 pm

Very true the minges have only spent when we have sold, not asking for loads of signings but we have to continually build, only one or two big signings a season but these minges just want to live of the clubs success, remember moneyball

I wonder what you would have thought when we sold Keegan and bought Kenny or when we sold Rush and bought Barnes and Co

The club works on self sufficent so any money it makes can be used - that includes player sales

It’s embarrassing now when the fanbase is demanding one or two big signings a summer - if you want that then support a club held up by leveraged debt or huge debt against the owner
      Kopite78
      Reply #25728: Aug 09, 2020 05:22:56 pm
      I wonder what you would have thought when we sold Keegan and bought Kenny or when we sold Rush and bought Barnes and Co

The club works on self sufficent so any money it makes can be used - that includes player sales

It’s embarrassing now when the fanbase is demanding one or two big signings a summer - if you want that then support a club held up by leveraged debt or huge debt against the owner

No issues with being self sufficient whatsoever

But do you really expect us with the success we have had on and off the pitch to be 15th of the premier league clubs over a 5 year period for net spend?

Is that all we have in the kitty?

Personally for me, its taken 30 years to get back on our perch and I'd be gutted if we dont capitalize on that
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25729: Aug 09, 2020 05:27:45 pm
      No issues with being self sufficient whatsoever

But do you really expect us with the success we have had on and off the pitch to be 15th of the premier league clubs over a 5 year period for net spend?

Is that all we have in the kitty?

Personally for me, its taken 30 years to get back on our perch and I'd be gutted if we dont capitalize on that

I didn’t realise there was a Net spend League ?

How big a kitty do you expect us to have ?

And why concerned about the price or amount spent ?

Example - UTD have spent ÂŁ810mil since Taggert left - who has the better team and better success over those 7 years ?

City have spent ÂŁ600mil on defenders over the back 8 years - who has the better back line ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #25730: Aug 09, 2020 05:31:52 pm

I didn’t realise there was a Net spend League ?

How big a kitty do you expect us to have ?

And why concerned about the price or amount spent ?

Example - UTD have spent ÂŁ810mil since Taggert left - who has the better team and better success over those 7 years ?

City have spent ÂŁ600mil on defenders over the back 8 years - who has the better back line ?

Its there if you look for it

It's ok saying united have spent that, and whilst I agree that we are far the better side, mainly due to our manager, because if you gave JĂźrgen the players United have had in that period he gets far far more out of them, but united used to spend when they were on top, they used to bring in players to keep things fresh all the time

That's where we are now
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25731: Aug 09, 2020 05:43:23 pm
      Its there if you look for it

It's ok saying united have spent that, and whilst I agree that we are far the better side, mainly due to our manager, because if you gave JĂźrgen the players United have had in that period he gets far far more out of them, but united used to spend when they were on top, they used to bring in players to keep things fresh all the time

That's where we are now
      Why the hell would I want to look at a net spend League ? Does it matter ? Do you win a trophy - how sad it is that they have created one and even more so that Liverpool fans are that concerned about it

Guess i should blame the football manager generation

I think you don’t understand how the manager works , he isn’t a cheque book manager and just wants cash after cash

We employed Klopp because of the methods and the manager he is , he proved that he can be a success despite not having the biggest budget at Dortmund and he is doing it again now with us - the clubs method and ethos is exactly why he is our manager and why he won’t be at a Chelsea or a PSG or City
      Kopite78
      Reply #25732: Aug 09, 2020 05:46:51 pm
      Why the hell would I want to look at a net spend League ? Does it matter ? Do you win a trophy - how sad it is that they have created one and even more so that Liverpool fans are that concerned about it

Guess i should blame the football manager generation

I think you don’t understand how the manager works , he isn’t a cheque book manager and just wants cash after cash

We employed Klopp because of the methods and the manager he is , he proved that he can be a success despite not having the biggest budget at Dortmund and he is doing it again now with us - the clubs method and ethos is exactly why he is our manager and why he won’t be at a Chelsea or a PSG or City

JĂźrgen Klopp said when united signed Pogba that it was insane

We then signed Virgil and Alisson for massive fees and was questioned on it

He said,dont listen to me I often talk sh*te

Those two players catapulted us to a new level. If you ask him who are probably his two most important signings hed likely say those two

If you dont think for example he wanted Werner and he may have to make do now he wasnt backed  then fair enough
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25733: Aug 09, 2020 05:47:32 pm

Maybe people need to read the official accounts that are submitted to the HMRC to understand the finances at the club.

Shirt deal is a smaller up front payment
      We aren’t making massive profits because of the increase in the wage bill .

What increase in the wage bill? We've just sold Lovren who is on 100k p/w. Lallana and Clyne are also now off the books, that's around ÂŁ15 million a year in wage savings

You're right on the shirt deal but in the long run it'll be much more lucrative than our previous deal, and most transfers work the same way (staggered payments over a certain length of time) - its not as though we'd need to stump up the full amount in cash if we were to sign a player

But it’s sad now that it’s got to a stage when fans appear to want players to sign as opposed to winning trophies.

I'm not arsed who we sign & I've said loads of times I haven't got an issue with the current system as it's served us well up to now. All I was doing was countering the initial point where somebody tried to draw a comparison between what happened to Leeds United & the prospect of us spending a few quid to improve our squad
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25734: Aug 09, 2020 06:00:00 pm
      JĂźrgen Klopp said when united signed Pogba that it was insane

We then signed Virgil and Alisson for massive fees and was questioned on it

He said,dont listen to me I often talk sh*te

Those two players catapulted us to a new level. If you ask him who are probably his two most important signings hed likely say those two

If you dont think for example he wanted Werner and he may have to make do now he wasnt backed  then fair enough

Those two were final pieces in a jigsaw that also includes - Mane , Salah , Fabinho etc.

Even then we over paid on VVD because of the summer mess up.

Either way the money was made available because of the income Including players sales
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25735: Aug 09, 2020 06:03:37 pm
      What increase in the wage bill? We've just sold Lovren who is on 100k p/w. Lallana and Clyne are also now off the books, that's around ÂŁ15 million a year in wage savings

You're right on the shirt deal but in the long run it'll be much more lucrative than our previous deal, and most transfers work the same way (staggered payments over a certain length of time) - its not as though we'd need to stump up the full amount in cash if we were to sign a player

I'm not arsed who we sign & I've said loads of times I haven't got an issue with the current system as it's served us well up to now. All I was doing was countering the initial point where somebody tried to draw a comparison between what happened to Leeds United & the prospect of us spending a few quid to improve our squad

The club will always spend what it has available to spend - and right now i suspect the club is being cautious because finances are a bit of an unknown due to Covid
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25736: Aug 09, 2020 06:10:10 pm
      New stand

New training complex

Another new stand on the way.

roughly ÂŁ100 million net spend since Klopp came.

Our main rivals?
      Chelsea, oligarch money that is loaned to the club.

City, cheating cu*ts.

United, being bled dry by the glazers.

Spus, a mess.

Arsenal, a bigger mess.

Leicester? Who knows? Currently punching well above their weight.

We go toe to toe with a corrupt club, and win.
      We win the champions league.
      We win the club world cup.
      Should probably count the super cup as well.

And STILL, the owners get slated.

It'd serve some people right, if they just fu**ed off having sold us to another Hicks and Gilette.
      Then they'd really have something to moan about.

Still not getting an answer to what was a pretty reasonable question either.
      Or maybe it's just there aren't many better owners of elite clubs around, and some can't admit it.

Quick Reply