Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man City [Premier League] Sun 3rd Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W20 D4 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1790697 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,334 posts | 980 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25700: Aug 07, 2020 04:38:01 pm
      Can't understand the anger about not buying certain players, we have just won the league. To me you can't do any better, so would say they're doing alright eh.

No we aren't. Good is the enemy of best. Let me attempt to explain.

1) there's fear that other teams are furiously buying top players and we will be left behind. We hence behave like we will lose our next two meetings with them and they'll walk over all other teams and overtake us for the title.
      2) we don't trust that the same personnel can deliver the league title again.
      3) we are more assured when we sign lloris as our back up keeper and Mbappe as an improvement to the front three. We will stop complaining when all our 20-25 registered players are represented by those on the Balon d'Or list.
      4) we do not prefer £8m players like Robbo as we are adverse to unknown potential. £8m players are cheap for a reason. You normally get what you pay for.

We (that excludes you reading this) are fearful, insecure, and don't trust the people running the team we support at all. We want a squad so good that we can confidently sell all our possessions and bet our lives that we will win every match convincingly.

The day we lifted the league, I was upset that we conceded three goals.  :f_whistle:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,356 posts | 4097 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #25701: Aug 08, 2020 02:21:56 am
      Owners are mingebags. End of.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,977 posts | 3119 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #25702: Aug 08, 2020 03:25:10 am
      One of the best decisions I ever made was to get off of Twitter and Facebook.

Literally a cesspool of human (and bot) detritus.

Never a truer word written.

The lower your own self esteem the larger is your "friend" count....... but how many would actually rock up to your funeral ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25703: Aug 08, 2020 08:21:32 am
      No we aren't. Good is the enemy of best. Let me attempt to explain.

1) there's fear that other teams are furiously buying top players and we will be left behind. We hence behave like we will lose our next two meetings with them and they'll walk over all other teams and overtake us for the title.
      2) we don't trust that the same personnel can deliver the league title again.
      3) we are more assured when we sign lloris as our back up keeper and Mbappe as an improvement to the front three. We will stop complaining when all our 20-25 registered players are represented by those on the Balon d'Or list.
      4) we do not prefer £8m players like Robbo as we are adverse to unknown potential. £8m players are cheap for a reason. You normally get what you pay for.

We (that excludes you reading this) are fearful, insecure, and don't trust the people running the team we support at all. We want a squad so good that we can confidently sell all our possessions and bet our lives that we will win every match convincingly.

The day we lifted the league, I was upset that we conceded three goals.  :f_whistle:

It would be soooo refreshing if you could post without this childish sarcasm, I know you think you are being ever so witty and clever, but its just boring when every single post is like this.

I think most people are very very happy with the team, manager and owners but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, we NEED a LB, a CB and a good forward, someone who can come in off the bench and not drop the quality of our attack.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25704: Aug 08, 2020 12:44:37 pm
      Possibly a comment for when the transfer window closes mate?

I'm sure Jürgen knows what he needs to continue our run of form.

Two seperate points there really mate

First part could be copy and pasted from most summers under these, and the only fair assessment is yes they’re mingebags really

Second part, Jürgen is a f**king genius who is the sole reason for our success currently
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2020 12:51:22 pm by Kopite78 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #25705: Aug 08, 2020 01:29:26 pm
      Summers that have taken us to where we are now, not too shabby really.

Two separate camps on that mate.

Some of us give credit to the owners for hiring Jürgen, listening to him and his plans for the club and investing in what he asked for, a new pitch, new training ground and investment in staff both behind the scenes and as above, in the squad that's taken us to where we are now.

Leadership runs from top to bottom and a broken link in that chain would mean we wouldn't have had the success we've had but having everybody singing from the same sheet has facilitated and bred the success we craved and as such should be given due credit.

In my humble opinion of course.

Mingebags though

You can give them credit but still they’re

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25706: Aug 08, 2020 04:25:44 pm
      Mingebags though

in your opinion, have you still not learnt that different people are allowed different opinions on here?

I agree that the owners are not profligate like City or Chelsea but they have a very sustainable business model for the club which is working fantastically the last few years.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,385 posts | 5675 
      Reply #25707: Aug 08, 2020 04:28:15 pm
      Personally I don't think they're mingebags, they're just shitscared of bad pr.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25708: Aug 08, 2020 04:45:24 pm
      in your opinion, have you still not learnt that different people are allowed different opinions on here?

Of course

That's mine like

I can and do give them credit, but they're mingebags.

Personally I don't think they're mingebags, they're just shitscared of bad pr.

Interesting view on it

Never seen many cut throat business men be that bothered about that. Generally the ends justify the means for them rather than worry what people think

Youd think if they were concerned about what any body thought regarding Liverpool it would be the fans and for the most part its us that think they're off of it quite a lot of the time.
      The fear of bad publicity on this would seemingly be from the outside world and really, who gives a f**k what others think of us, we never have been and if that's their concern then it's another example of how they dont and wont ever get us
      tezmac

• 8,473 posts | 455 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25709: Aug 08, 2020 07:15:48 pm
      Absolute mingebags of the highest order, only here to make money
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 1196 
      Reply #25710: Aug 08, 2020 09:58:59 pm
      Mingebags though

Confused - why are they “mingebags” ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 1196 
      Reply #25711: Aug 08, 2020 10:02:18 pm
      Absolute mingebags of the highest order, only here to make money

Not really making money though are they ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #25712: Aug 08, 2020 10:10:57 pm
      Not really making money though are they ?

Hmmm

Paid 300m for a club that when they sell they will more than likely pocket over  a billion

But no.. they arent
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 1196 
      Reply #25713: Aug 08, 2020 10:25:18 pm
      Hmmm

Paid 300m for a club that when they sell they will more than likely pocket over  a billion

But no.. they arent

Have they given any indication that they are selling ? Surely can’t accuse them based of something that hasn’t even happened yet

And surely If the club increases in value of the field then the owners are doing something
      Kopite78
      Reply #25714: Aug 08, 2020 10:38:29 pm

Have they given any indication that they are selling ? Surely can’t accuse them based of something that hasn’t even happened yet

And surely If the club increases in value of the field then the owners are doing something

You think the end plan isn’t to sell? At a massively inflated price to what they paid? That winning isn’t simply a by product?
      Had they not happened across success they may well have “only” doubled their outlay, they well make more but “winning” wasn’t their prime objective when they brought the club. The fact they were offered a no lose bargain was
      If they wanted to they could invest more

If you think they ever brought the club for nothing other than end goal profit you’re very naive

Sorry to tell you, Santa nor the Easter rabbit exist
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25715: Aug 09, 2020 02:42:16 am
      You think the end plan isn’t to sell? At a massively inflated price to what they paid? That winning isn’t simply a by product?
      Had they not happened across success they may well have “only” doubled their outlay, they well make more but “winning” wasn’t their prime objective when they brought the club. The fact they were offered a no lose bargain was

If you think they ever brought the club for nothing other than end goal profit you’re very naive

Name better owners of an elite club that aren't oil wealth or Russian oligarch.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,625 posts | 2126 
      Reply #25716: Aug 09, 2020 02:49:59 am

Doesn't every owner of every club eventually sell?

How else do you increase the value of a club besides doing/enabling the things that make a club more competitive and thus more likely to win? Slick marketing won't make a club more valuable if the results don't come with it. They are setting up a return on their investment by doing the things that bring the results supporters want.

If you don't want that, what kind of owner do you want, and can you name some examples in world football today?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 1196 
      Reply #25717: Aug 09, 2020 08:14:02 am

Every owner at some stage sells up - but they aren’t right now only interested in selling , the main goal is to make the club as successful as possible both on and off the pitch.

Bet you are one of those that point fingers at the likes of City and Chelsea with their owners and spending yet don’t want our owners - not sure what that leaves you with.

Either way they bought us when we were near rock bottom and you only have to look at where we are now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,356 posts | 4097 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #25718: Aug 09, 2020 08:39:08 am
      Possibly a comment for when the transfer window closes mate?

I'm sure Jürgen knows what he needs to continue our run of form.

Cant even remember posting this 😊
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25719: Aug 09, 2020 09:16:02 am

oh so they are mingebags because they are evil capitalists and have an asset appreciating in value!!

I have said previously that they are not the most generous of owners but then when you look at clubs like Real Madrid who are drowning in debt then I'm quite happy to have owners who run the club in a responsible and sustainable model, for domestic reference look at Leeds and how long its taken them to get back to the top table after they over reached and went bust.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25720: Aug 09, 2020 09:43:45 am
      oh so they are mingebags because they are evil capitalists and have an asset appreciating in value!!

I have said previously that they are not the most generous of owners but then when you look at clubs like Real Madrid who are drowning in debt then I'm quite happy to have owners who run the club in a responsible and sustainable model, for domestic reference look at Leeds and how long its taken them to get back to the top table after they over reached and went bust.

Who said they should over reach?

I think they are far in the safe zone for that to be suggested
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,929 posts | 998 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25721: Aug 09, 2020 01:35:31 pm
      for domestic reference look at Leeds and how long its taken them to get back to the top table after they over reached and went bust.

I don't think anybody is asking us to do anything along the lines of what Leeds did. The owners didn't spend any money last season and it looks as though we're going to have another quiet window this summer, this is after reaping the financial rewards of a European Cup, league title & bumper shirt deal. People aren't demanding a feast but I don't think they'll be happy with another famine. Clubs can improve their squads without putting themselves into administration
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,385 posts | 5675 
      Reply #25722: Aug 09, 2020 02:38:58 pm
      Doesn't every owner of every club eventually sell?

How else do you increase the value of a club besides doing/enabling the things that make a club more competitive and thus more likely to win? Slick marketing won't make a club more valuable if the results don't come with it. They are setting up a return on their investment by doing the things that bring the results supporters want.

If you don't want that, what kind of owner do you want, and can you name some examples in world football today?

Fan owned clubs in Germany?
      tezmac

• 8,473 posts | 455 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25723: Aug 09, 2020 02:42:03 pm
      I don't think anybody is asking us to do anything along the lines of what Leeds did. The owners didn't spend any money last season and it looks as though we're going to have another quiet window this summer, this is after reaping the financial rewards of a European Cup, league title & bumper shirt deal. People aren't demanding a feast but I don't think they'll be happy with another famine. Clubs can improve their squads without putting themselves into administration

Very true the minges have only spent when we have sold, not asking for loads of signings but we have to continually build, only one or two big signings a season but these minges just want to live of the clubs success, remember moneyball
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25724: Aug 09, 2020 03:50:34 pm
      Who said they should over reach?

I think they are far in the safe zone for that to be suggested

How would you know if they are in the safe zone or not??

Quick Reply