Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765275 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25944: Sep 08, 2020 04:44:24 pm
      I only remember two actual protests, both were to do with ticket prices and had nothing to do with football on the pitch - Sunderland at home and Hull Away
      There might have been a few clowns calling for games to be boycotted but there certainly wasn't anything en masse. Nothing like it was under Hodgson - the ground was full every week and could have been twice over, so you may be rewriting history a bit there

I'm not at all. A lot of your argument was based around prior managerial appointments

Convenient amnesia seems to have set in!
      At one point there were weekly demonstrations with placards on match days and well attended protests outside the ground, no more thankfully with Klopp’s magic.
      To say nothing of course of the carry on on this very forum, as above thankfully a mere memory now.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25945: Sep 08, 2020 04:52:08 pm
      Convenient amnesia seems to have set in!
      At one point there were weekly demonstrations with placards on match days and well attended protests outside the ground, no more thankfully with Klopp’s magic.
      To say nothing of course of the carry on on this very forum, as above thankfully a mere memory now.

Placards  :lmao: :lmao:

I can tell you're waffling nonsense there - who takes a placard the match?? I think you're getting the footy mixed up with the suffragette movement!

Been going the game for years and I don't recall one serious anti-FSG protest happening in or outside the ground that wasn't by & large centered around ticket prices. Certainly not on a "weekly basis"
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2020 04:57:34 pm by TameImpala »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #25946: Sep 08, 2020 05:06:48 pm

I can tell you're waffling nonsense there - who takes a placard the match?? I think you're getting the footy mixed up with the suffragette movement!

Been going the game for years and I don't recall one serious anti-FSG protest happening in or outside the ground that wasn't by & large centered around ticket prices. Certainly not on a "weekly basis"

There wasn't.

I think Stuey is getting confused with the Hick and Gillette era.

Of course there had been discontent with some of the things FSG have said and done and quite rightly as they have made more than one or two errors and there was a protest against ticket prices but not weekly as he suggested.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #25947: Sep 08, 2020 05:24:49 pm

I think Stuey is getting confused with the Hick and Gillette era.

Or the miners' strike. Placards 😂
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #25948: Sep 08, 2020 05:48:37 pm
      It’s funny to see that even after being the best team on the planet the past couple of years that some bitter souls still look for ways to discredit FSG.

Everyone knows the importance of Klopp but equally everyone should know that he, nor anyone, can do it alone. That’s why he has a team of assistant coaches and why we have an operations team.

Currently there is probably no team in the world that is better run than us, from Henry, to Edwards, to Nemmer and on and on, each of whom are probably the best at their position.  Taking the ignorant approach that it’s only and solely because of Klopp undermines how freaking good the entire team around him is at their job.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #25949: Sep 08, 2020 05:51:58 pm
      That's one way of looking at it.

Another is spending £75M on the world's best CB and then £80M on the world's best goalkeeper also might have helped make the difference. ;)

Buying those 2 certainly brought it all together, particularly VVD, but we have unearthed top talent for very cheap.

Robertson is probably the best example of that. 8M from a relegated team who became probably the best at his position in the sport.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25950: Sep 08, 2020 06:03:12 pm
      That's one way of looking at it.

Another is spending £75M on the world's best CB and then £80M on the world's best goalkeeper also might have helped make the difference. ;)

Absolutely, but I'm also pretty confident the analytics persuaded the club the 2 players were a good investment, and it's proved to be true. :)
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #25951: Sep 08, 2020 09:40:29 pm
      Like me,if any of you do not understand this, basically, if you own a burger bar or hot dog stand, and because of this covid, obs you are not bringing what you need, you would be reluctant to buy another one, unless you thought, ok, this might make me more
      Kopite78
      Reply #25952: Sep 08, 2020 09:50:48 pm
      Like me,if any of you do not understand this, basically, if you own a burger bar or hot dog stand, and because of this covid, obs you are not bringing what you need, you would be reluctant to buy another one, unless you thought, ok, this might make me more

Not a great analogy though really

After being closed for a few months would you not buy fresh hot dogs?

I mean this literally has nothing to do with FSG but mate you're going to give your customers food poisoning
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25953: Sep 08, 2020 10:24:45 pm

I mean this literally has nothing to do with FSG but mate you're going to give your customers food poisoning

But the meat pies are still good, correct?

;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #25954: Sep 08, 2020 10:27:21 pm
      But the meat pies are still good, correct?

;D

You try one and let me know 😀

When you're off the toilet that is 😬
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #25955: Sep 08, 2020 10:29:46 pm

Thats not what he meant.  He said if he own a stand he wouldn't invest in another stand!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #25956: Sep 08, 2020 10:44:47 pm

Not sure what you mean but it's making me feel hungry
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #25957: Sep 08, 2020 11:11:26 pm

Not sure what you mean but it's making me feel hungry

:lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25958: Sep 09, 2020 07:53:55 am

Placards/banners/flags whatever,
      There were protests against FSG and comments of discontent on this forum when we were languishing in the lower half of the table.

I have nothing against the very successful business model of FSG but they are not soccer experts and are basking in deflected glory.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25959: Sep 09, 2020 07:56:53 am
      It’s funny to see that even after being the best team on the planet the past couple of years that some bitter souls still look for ways to discredit FSG.

Everyone knows the importance of Klopp but equally everyone should know that he, nor anyone, can do it alone. That’s why he has a team of assistant coaches and why we have an operations team.

Currently there is probably no team in the world that is better run than us, from Henry, to Edwards, to Nemmer and on and on, each of whom are probably the best at their position.  Taking the ignorant approach that it’s only and solely because of Klopp undermines how freaking good the entire team around him is at their job.

Discredit nothing.
      Klopp brought us glory not FSG.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25960: Sep 09, 2020 08:00:23 am
      There were protests against FSG and comments of discontent on this forum when we were languishing in the lower half of the table.

I have nothing against the very successful business model of FSG but they are not soccer experts and are basking in deflected glory.

When was this Stuey? I think you are going to have to back this up with some evidence.
      Another option is just to put everyone on ignore and then just sit in your own little bubble rocking back and forward and hating on FSG and all other Americans/Capitalists! ;-)
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2020 02:41:48 pm by JD »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25961: Sep 09, 2020 08:55:56 am
      Burger vans, hotdog stands, butchers, bakers & candlestick makers are all intertwined(kind of) in the production of culinary delights, none would happen without the others, they are all equally important and integral to their particular craft,

So not much difference then between J W Henry, Tom Werner, Jürgen Klopp, us fans & of course the players, we are all essentially part and parcel of the same product, and again none would happen without the others,

As with new ventures there will alway be a element of mis-trust, discrediting and perhaps even dislike towards new owners especially ones from over the pond, you cannot blame any of us for having those  thoughts in the early days of FSG, it was a slow start, and maybe some of us expected things to happen quicker than they actually did, and in turn that fuelled more mis-trust towards the new guys,

Stuey is right there was plenty disgruntlement on these boards, I was one of them, now I can’t be arsed to trawl back thru the history of this thread to prove otherwise and I’m sure none of you want to either, but there was, I guess you’ll just have to trust me on that, as for banners flags, placards etc  I don’t go to games anymore so I can’t comment whether there was or not, all I can say is it would have had more publicity from SoS for example,

It is a fact that without Klopp & his team none of us would be enjoying our rise from the ashes, it is also a fact that without J W Henry, & FSG and their appointment of Jürgen, the same, FACT !

We are all one and the same, we are all in this together, we need all of our components, all of our nuts & all of our bolts, without any of those parts we wouldn’t be the well oiled machine we have become, Simples.

Y  N  W  A
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25962: Sep 09, 2020 09:21:13 am
      Burger vans, hotdog stands, butchers, bakers & candlestick makers are all intertwined(kind of) in the production of culinary delights, none would happen without the others, they are all equally important and integral to their particular craft,

So not much difference then between J W Henry, Tom Werner, Jürgen Klopp, us fans & of course the players, we are all essentially part and parcel of the same product, and again none would happen without the others,

As with new ventures there will alway be a element of mis-trust, discrediting and perhaps even dislike towards new owners especially ones from over the pond, you cannot blame any of us for having those  thoughts in the early days of FSG, it was a slow start, and maybe some of us expected things to happen quicker than they actually did, and in turn that fuelled more mis-trust towards the new guys,

Stuey is right there was plenty disgruntlement on these boards, I was one of them, now I can’t be arsed to trawl back thru the history of this thread to prove otherwise and I’m sure none of you want to either, but there was, I guess you’ll just have to trust me on that, as for banners flags, placards etc  I don’t go to games anymore so I can’t comment whether there was or not, all I can say is it would have had more publicity from SoS for example,

It is a fact that without Klopp & his team none of us would be enjoying our rise from the ashes, it is also a fact that without J W Henry, & FSG and their appointment of Jürgen, the same, FACT !

We are all one and the same, we are all in this together, we need all of our components, all of our nuts & all of our bolts, without any of those parts we wouldn’t be the well oiled machine we have become, Simples.

Y  N  W  A

Excellent comment Billy and to once again state that I am not some unhinged FSG hater but do not have rose tinted views of their record pre-Klopp.
      They struck lucky and Jürgen got them out of the brown stuff, not forgetting he was a long time admirer of LFC and was glad to take up the challenge of operating under financial restrictions.

Of course others deserve credit but it could be said that Jürgen is probably the only man who could achieve such monumental glory under such financial limitation.

As stated our owners are astute entrepreneurs and deserve every plaudit for their enterprising feats but to share the football glory conjured up by Jürgen Klopp is wrong.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #25963: Sep 09, 2020 09:50:45 am

Again, I think you're making up an alternate reality here because we've never languished in the lower half of the table under FSG's stewardship. Pre-Klopp, our finishes were (I think) 6th - 8th - 7th - 2nd & 6th.

I've no doubt there were comments of discontent about the ownership online (there's still plenty now), but there certainly weren't any notable protests pre-Klopp (apart from those centered around ticketing). If you could find me a shred of evidence to the contrary I'll hold my hands up
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25964: Sep 09, 2020 09:51:22 am
      Restaurant Owner hiring a great Chef is I think a good analogy. Both parties needed .
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #25965: Sep 09, 2020 10:51:58 am
      Discredit nothing.
      Klopp brought us glory not FSG.

And who brought us Klopp?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25966: Sep 09, 2020 12:12:03 pm
      Excellent comment Billy and to once again state that I am not some unhinged FSG hater but do not have rose tinted views of their record pre-Klopp.
      They struck lucky and Jürgen got them out of the brown stuff, not forgetting he was a long time admirer of LFC and was glad to take up the challenge of operating under financial restrictions.

Of course others deserve credit but it could be said that Jürgen is probably the only man who could achieve such monumental glory under such financial limitation.

As stated our owners are astute entrepreneurs and deserve every plaudit for their enterprising feats but to share the football glory conjured up by Jürgen Klopp is wrong.

So you're saying KK was a failure then.

Got it.

Odd though after your histrionics when he was let go from the managers job, then moved upstairs.

Quick Reply