Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2755591 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25990: Sep 10, 2020 08:04:57 am
      PS never mentioned Shankly.
      PPS The league positioning is irrelevant, the point is the club were never title contenders pre-Klopp.

Well we lost out on the title by 2 points in 2014 but I'm guessing that never happened in your fantasy reality of languishing in the bottom half and weekly protests against the ownership 😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #25991: Sep 10, 2020 08:32:43 am
      Well we lost out on the title by 2 points in 2014 but I'm guessing that never happened in your fantasy reality of languishing in the bottom half and weekly protests against the ownership 😂

Second is nowhere.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25992: Sep 10, 2020 08:53:32 am

You must have first hand experience of that!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #25993: Sep 10, 2020 09:04:32 am

"If you are first, you are first. If you are second, you are nothing... If you are languishing in the bottom half of the table and the fans are protesting inside and outside of the ground weekly, with wooden placards, don't worry... it's probably just a figment of Stuey's imagination"

- Bill Shankly
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #25994: Sep 10, 2020 10:13:25 am

But 2 points or one win from winning it could be considered 'title contenders' could it not?

You'll argue otherwise as is your way but people would have more time for your view if you just admit to some things that are beyond any sensible arguement.

We have been title contenders pre Klopp, we didn't end up winning it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #25995: Sep 10, 2020 02:44:31 pm
      "If you are first, you are first. If you are second, you are nothing... If you are languishing in the bottom half of the table and the fans are protesting inside and outside of the ground weekly, with wooden placards, don't worry... it's probably just a figment of Stuey's imagination"

- Bill Shankly

A figment of your imagination or yet more personal comment when enquiries of FSG’s modus operandi and past mistakes (admitted by JWH himself on film if your FSG amnesia sets in again) .
      More to the point an attempt to obscure your erroneous claim at my quoting Shankly, keep up lad.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #25996: Sep 10, 2020 02:48:04 pm
      But 2 points or one win from winning it could be considered 'title contenders' could it not?

You'll argue otherwise as is your way but people would have more time for your view if you just admit to some things that are beyond any sensible arguement.

We have been title contenders pre Klopp, we didn't end up winning it.

In the context of champions Si second is unquestionably of no consequence, pretty sure Jürgen would agree with that sentiment.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25997: Sep 10, 2020 02:55:53 pm
      In the context of champions Si second is unquestionably of no consequence, pretty sure Jürgen would agree with that sentiment.

Did you ever say who you consider to be good owners of a football club and whether its Americans or capitalists you despise, or perhaps its both!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #25998: Sep 10, 2020 03:03:57 pm
      A figment of your imagination or yet more personal comment when enquiries of FSG’s modus operandi and past mistakes (admitted by JWH himself on film if your FSG amnesia sets in again) .
      More to the point an attempt to obscure your erroneous claim at my quoting Shankly, keep up lad.

What are you even on about? You're talking in absolute riddles now. Here's another Shankly quote below which you should take note of, as not only have you confused everybody else, I think you're starting to confuse yourself!

"Some people use words knowing full well that maybe only 10% of the viewers or readers know what they mean. We don't. We speak the language of the people"

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25999: Sep 10, 2020 03:09:33 pm
      Money spent on new stand, new training facility and plans for further sradium upgrade has to be taken into account.

Were not a mega rich club who can ignore the glibal economy being in shreds at the minute. Your all entitled to opinions and mine is Id rather they be sensible with money then throwing it around and putting the club in debt

Also they are business men at the end of the day they will operate on a different mindset to fans. We cant complain on how its gone the last couple of years really.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #26000: Sep 10, 2020 03:28:20 pm
      Money spent on new stand, new training facility and plans for further sradium upgrade has to be taken into account.

Were not a mega rich club who can ignore the glibal economy being in shreds at the minute. Your all entitled to opinions and mine is Id rather they be sensible with money then throwing it around and putting the club in debt

Also they are business men at the end of the day they will operate on a different mindset to fans. We cant complain on how its gone the last couple of years really.

Are people complaining about the last couple? I feel like folks are really just hoping this glory isn’t short lived due to the reluctance of the club to invest smartly and possibly take calculated risks. When you have your opponent down, don’t take your foot off their neck.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #26001: Sep 10, 2020 04:28:38 pm

Not complaining Brian just pointing out our present success is not down to business procedure good accounting but the genius of Klopp. 

Some people are rewriting history to credit FSG with spotting and cultivating world class footballers.
      They and their appointees were unable to successfully do this without Klopp.
      Some F***ing loon suggests Mr Shankly mentioned me to prove F**k knows what.

Good to see you back mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #26002: Sep 10, 2020 05:47:13 pm

I'm not sure why I'm bothering but I'll try once more Stu.

You said we weren't ever title contenders until Jürgen arrived but I'm saying that we were within 2 points of winning the title before and that under most people's thinking would be considered title contenders.

Unless you mean that the only team considered title contenders are the winners which would mean we weren't either the year we finished second to City under Jürgen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #26003: Sep 10, 2020 05:49:06 pm
      Some people are rewriting history to credit FSG with spotting and cultivating world class footballers.

But they have spotted World Class footballers.

Jürgen had to be convinced Salah was worth the fee and has admitted as much himself.

Firmino was bought before Jürgen arrived by the same people in the club and is a World Class talent.

Again you are talking nonsense.
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2020 06:16:19 pm by srslfc »
      Kopite78
      Reply #26004: Sep 10, 2020 06:25:21 pm

Ths is where it is subjective though

Jürgen had to be convinced Salah was worth the fee and has admitted as much himself.

Was it to do with the fee? I thought it was more he wanted Reus

He then admitted that Salah was brilliant and then he created a system for him to flourish

Firmino was bought before Jürgen arrived by the same people in the club and is a World Class talent.

Bobby was wasted prior to Jürgen, used wide
      Jürgen turned him into a world class player

There is no real right or wrong I guess but without Jürgen I personally still doubt we are where we are but that's simply because Jürgen is so good
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26005: Sep 10, 2020 06:32:53 pm

Again you are talking nonsense.

Gomez, Henderson, Suarez, Coutinho etc
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #26006: Sep 10, 2020 06:35:13 pm
      Ths is where it is subjective though

Was it to do with the fee? I thought it was more he wanted Reus

He then admitted that Salah was brilliant and then he created a system for him to flourish

Bobby was wasted prior to Jürgen, used wide
      Jürgen turned him into a world class player

There is no real right or wrong I guess but without Jürgen I personally still doubt we are where we are but that's simply because Jürgen is so good

Apparently he was keen on Brandt but Edwards convinced him Salah was the better fit.

Firmino was wasted before Jürgen came but doesn't hide the fact he was brought to the club as a real talent but Edwards and his team.

I agree, and always have done, that Jürgen has been the final key to acheiving the success we have but to say we weren't building towards this already under FSG is wrong in my opinion.
      Kopite78
      Reply #26007: Sep 10, 2020 06:37:55 pm
      Apparently he was keen on Brandt but Edwards convinced him Salah was the better fit.

Firmino was wasted before Jürgen came but doesn't hide the fact he was brought to the club as a real talent but Edwards and his team.

I agree, and always have done, that Jürgen has been the final key to acheiving the success we have but to say we weren't building towards this already under FSG is wrong in my opinion.

I'm not arguing against the recruitment team

But to think Jürgen isnt key to it is simply kidding yourself si
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #26008: Sep 10, 2020 06:38:58 pm
      But to think Jürgen isnt key to it is simply kidding yourself si

I'm not arguing against that at all and thought that was clear.

Kopite78
      Reply #26009: Sep 10, 2020 06:41:06 pm
      I'm not arguing against that at all and thought that was clear.

Not sure mate

To be honest this argument is so f**king stupid, because there is those who would lick the brown sh*te out of John Henry's passage who say one thing, those who hate FSG who say the opposite and those who are the middle ground that are ignored and attacked by both sides

I mean to be honest you only quoting part of my post to try to show a certain narrative is ridiculous in   itself
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #26010: Sep 10, 2020 06:46:42 pm
      Not sure mate

To be honest this argument is so f**king stupid, because there is those who would lick the brown sh*te out of John Henry's passage who say one thing, those who hate FSG who say the opposite and those who are the middle ground that are ignored and attacked by both sides

I mean to be honest you only quoting part of my post to try to show a certain narrative is ridiculous in   itself

The first line was you saying you're not arguing against the recruitment team. I didn't include that as it was just a statement that I also agree with?

If it was a huge post I could see your point mate but not sure how only quoting the last line creates any sort of narrative.
      Kopite78
      Reply #26011: Sep 10, 2020 06:51:07 pm
      The first line was you saying you're not arguing against the recruitment team. I didn't include that as it was just a statement that I also agree with?

If it was a huge post I could see your point mate but not sure how only quoting the last line creates any sort of narrative.

Because if people only read your post and the line you have quoted from me it makes it look like I'm saying it's simply down to Jürgen when that wasnt the overall narrative of my post

For me its simple, the system works if everything is perfect, if everything is in place, but if its not then it wouldnt work.. and Jürgen for me is the key component that makes the whole thing  work

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #26012: Sep 10, 2020 07:14:12 pm
      Because if people only read your post and the line you have quoted from me it makes it look like I'm saying it's simply down to Jürgen when that wasnt the overall narrative of my post

For me its simple, the system works if everything is perfect, if everything is in place, but if its not then it wouldnt work.. and Jürgen for me is the key component that makes the whole thing  work

Ok but I never thought you were arguing against the recruitment team and thought that was clear from your posts on here.

Anyway my main reason for posting in this thread again was because Stuey keeps posting things which simply aren't true and claiming we were failing and not recruiting world class players under the owners when that simply isn't the case.

Jürgen being appointed had pushed us on and no one will argue otherwise but the system has been building to where we are now which I don't think should be just brushed under the carpet either.

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2020 08:37:11 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply