Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642468 times
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26013: Sep 10, 2020 08:31:36 pm
      Not sure what you mean but it's making me feel hungry

Thanks, was being a bit vague with that anology. Apologies
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #26014: Sep 10, 2020 08:35:18 pm
      Not a great analogy though really

After being closed for a few months would you not buy fresh hot dogs?

I mean this literally has nothing to do with FSG but mate you're going to give your customers food poisoning

As i just said to Fat, bad anology, but soz for your concerns,it was not meant literally
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26015: Sep 10, 2020 09:12:20 pm
      So glad to see every Red on here communing together in love, peace and harmony. Champions of England and all that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26016: Sep 10, 2020 09:18:33 pm
      So glad to see every Red on here communing together in love, peace and harmony. Champions of England and all that.

;D

Actually cannot wait for the game in Saturday and off work so will see it as well.

For me all this doesn't really matter as we are where we are and hopefully will continue to be.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26017: Sep 10, 2020 09:22:10 pm
      Ths is where it is subjective though

Was it to do with the fee? I thought it was more he wanted Reus

He then admitted that Salah was brilliant and then he created a system for him to flourish

Bobby was wasted prior to Jürgen, used wide
      Jürgen turned him into a world class player

There is no real right or wrong I guess but without Jürgen I personally still doubt we are where we are but that's simply because Jürgen is so good

Klopp wanted Brandt - Edwards and Falllows persuaded Klopp that Salah was the better buy and he went with them

Klopp is the manager and he is a key person in the success, no one will ever doubt that but it’s also disrespectful to suggest it’s just down to him

The recruitment team have been outstanding and have given him the tools to succeed- that team was put in place by FSG

The increase in commercial income has also been key to allow money to be spent - that increase is down to the work of the team Put in place by FSG

There are two sides to every club now - the business side and the football side and for a successful both are key and need the right people in place. We have that and all should be given credit for our success
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26018: Sep 10, 2020 11:47:46 pm
      I'm not sure why I'm bothering but I'll try once more Stu.

You said we weren't ever title contenders until Jürgen arrived but I'm saying that we were within 2 points of winning the title before and that under most people's thinking would be considered title contenders.

Unless you mean that the only team considered title contenders are the winners which would mean we weren't either the year we finished second to City under Jürgen.

We didn’t win the title full stop.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26019: Sep 11, 2020 12:07:50 am

;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #26020: Sep 11, 2020 06:33:07 am
      Klopp wanted Brandt - Edwards and Falllows persuaded Klopp that Salah was the better buy and he went with them

Klopp is the manager and he is a key person in the success, no one will ever doubt that but it’s also disrespectful to suggest it’s just down to him

The recruitment team have been outstanding and have given him the tools to succeed- that team was put in place by FSG

The increase in commercial income has also been key to allow money to be spent - that increase is down to the work of the team Put in place by FSG

There are two sides to every club now - the business side and the football side and for a successful both are key and need the right people in place. We have that and all should be given credit for our success

Again, and where did I say anything against that?

Hard work this

👍

The only thing that cant be ignored is the key component in it all. Without that it wouldnt and indeed didnt work
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26021: Sep 11, 2020 08:07:23 am
      But they have spotted World Class footballers.

Jürgen had to be convinced Salah was worth the fee and has admitted as much himself.

Firmino was bought before Jürgen arrived by the same people in the club and is a World Class talent.

Again you are talking nonsense.

The nonsense is you even suggesting that Klopp and nobody else is to be credited for the incredible success LFC now enjoy.

The man is the most sought after coach on the planet which is a statement that is not applicable to any of the understudies appointed to help him in their various roles.

How that statement is unacceptable to anyone is a mystery.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26022: Sep 11, 2020 08:31:51 am

For Sure!!
      However some would steal the hard earned glory from the deserving recipient and credit an American business consortium with the achievement.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26023: Sep 11, 2020 08:32:48 am
      Again, and where did I say anything against that?

Hard work this

👍

The only thing that cant be ignored is the key component in it all. Without that it wouldnt and indeed didnt work

I didn’t say you did say anything against it - I was responding to your Brandt question - after that was jusr general stuff
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26024: Sep 11, 2020 08:46:10 am

Nobody is arguing that we won the title in 2014, we were countering your claims that;

There were weekly protests against FSG inside & outside of the stadium (there wasn't)
      Managerial appointments pre-Klopp by FSG were an abject failure (subjective of course, but I'd say they weren't)
      We were languishing in the lower half of the table (we weren't)
      We didn't challenge for the title pre-Klopp (we did)

I haven't seen anybody on this thread saying that the vast, vast majority of our success isn't down to Jürgen Klopp. You created an alternate reality to what it was like pre-Klopp and when people have challened you on it, you've moved the goalposts, mis-quoted Shankly and then went on to claim that people are giving FSG more credit than they deserve for our current on-field success

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26025: Sep 11, 2020 09:19:16 am
      The nonsense is you even suggesting that Klopp and nobody else is to be credited for the incredible success LFC now enjoy.

The man is the most sought after coach on the planet which is a statement that is not applicable to any of the understudies appointed to help him in their various roles.

How that statement is unacceptable to anyone is a mystery.

;D

I'm done with you on this Stuey as I've better things to do and looking forward to the game tomorrow.

You're either thick as pig sh*t or just being deliberately awkward just to keep an argument going.

You crack on mate.
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2020 09:32:53 am by srslfc »
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #26026: Sep 11, 2020 01:29:48 pm
      Just curious, which manager did Coutinho abandon?
      Was it the manager that negotiated the astronomical fee LFC was paid for the diminutive one that has set the team up for a decade (hopefully)?
      Did Klopp just show up on LFC’s doorstep one day and say “anyone interested at this address?“
      Etc
      Etc
      Etc
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26027: Sep 11, 2020 04:05:13 pm
      ;D

I'm done with you on this Stuey as I've better things to do and looking forward to the game tomorrow.

You're either thick as pig sh*t or just being deliberately awkward just to keep an argument going.

You crack on mate.

Personal comment again, no argument here - Klopp is responsible for our success full stop.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26028: Sep 11, 2020 04:10:39 pm
      But they have spotted World Class footballers.

Have they F**k!! The scouting system on the other hand :laugh:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26029: Sep 11, 2020 04:15:03 pm
      Have they F**k!! The scouting system on the other hand :laugh:

Obviously the scouting dept is who I meant HR.

Didn't literally mean JW and Werner were out spotting new footballers. ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26030: Sep 11, 2020 04:33:41 pm
      Obviously the scouting dept is who I meant HR.

Didn't literally mean JW and Werner were out spotting new footballers. ;D

Hahaha soz was just playing with my big wooden spoon!

Cue the old Rafa classic"I wanted a lamp"
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26031: Sep 11, 2020 04:34:14 pm
      Hahaha soz was just playing with my big wooden spoon!

I guessed as much. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26032: Sep 11, 2020 04:42:51 pm
      Nobody is arguing that we won the title in 2014, we were countering your claims that;

There were weekly protests against FSG inside & outside of the stadium (there wasn't)
      Managerial appointments pre-Klopp by FSG were an abject failure (subjective of course, but I'd say they weren't)

There were protests on this forum and at Anfield over FSG’s ownership.

We were languishing in the lower half of the table (we weren't)
      We didn't challenge for the title pre-Klopp (we did)

At various times preceding Klopp LFC were in uncharacteristic positions in the Prem.
      I haven't seen anybody on this thread saying that the vast, vast majority of our success isn't down to Jürgen Klopp. You created an alternate reality to what it was like pre-Klopp and when people have challened you on it, you've moved the goalposts, mis-quoted Shankly and then went on to claim that people are giving FSG more credit than they deserve for our current on-field success

Stats tell the real, unaffected story.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26033: Sep 11, 2020 05:14:38 pm
      What in the name of batshit crazy bullshit fantasy is this fresh F***ing hell.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26034: Sep 11, 2020 05:27:54 pm
      There were protests on this forum and at Anfield over FSG’s ownership.

At various times preceding Klopp LFC were in uncharacteristic positions in the Prem.

Only protest at Anfield about FSG I can remember was the ticket price protest other than that not much else.

Not sure how you can protest against the owners on the forum  :f_doh: , that’s a strange one on me.

It wasn’t all doom before Klopp arrived , we won our first trophy since 2006 , got back into the CL , had our best Title challenge since winning in 90. We just couldn’t make it consistent to make the step up - that changed when Klopp arrived and also the transfer structure changed

Klopp is key to the success but it doesn’t happen without the assistance of many others in the club - it’s a team effort and Klopp would be the first to acknowledge that
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2020 06:00:17 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26035: Sep 11, 2020 05:28:30 pm
      There were protests on this forum and at
      Anfield over FSG’s ownership.

Go on show me one shred of evidence of these protests at Anfield that weren't centred around ticket prices. I don't even want evidence of the weekly ones with placards you mentioned in your earlier posts. Just one singular bit of evidence of a decent sized anti FSG protest

Protests on a forum don't count, as I don't even know how you can "protest" on a website. There's still plenty of idiots on Twitter screaming FSG out right now

By "uncharacteristic" do you mean bottom half and never challenging for a title under FSG? Or are you finally going to admit you were talking absolute shabbite?

Don't even know what that's supposed to mean, but your argument has been based around ridiculous exaggerations. It's like me watching a boxing match which resulted in a fighter losing on a split decision, then me adamantly claiming the losing fighter was knocked down in the first round 3 times, didn't throw a singular punch and that the referee had to stop the fight 2 minutes in, and then when I get pulled up on my clear & obvious inaccurices, claiming that because he still lost the fight, all of my claims are still valid. Its absolutely bizzare & you've dug yourself into a hole which you could have avoided by just admitting many of your earlier claims were completely false

Quick Reply