Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643612 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26036: Sep 11, 2020 06:59:25 pm

Go on show me one shred of evidence of these protests at Anfield that weren't centred around ticket prices. I don't even want evidence of the weekly ones with placards you mentioned in your earlier posts. Just one singular bit of evidence of a decent sized anti FSG protest

Protests on a forum don't count, as I don't even know how you can "protest" on a website. There's still plenty of idiots on Twitter screaming FSG out right now

By "uncharacteristic" do you mean bottom half and never challenging for a title under FSG? Or are you finally going to admit you were talking absolute shabbite?

Don't even know what that's supposed to mean, but your argument has been based around ridiculous exaggerations. It's like me watching a boxing match which resulted in a fighter losing on a split decision, then me adamantly claiming the losing fighter was knocked down in the first round 3 times, didn't throw a singular punch and that the referee had to stop the fight 2 minutes in, and then when I get pulled up on my clear & obvious inaccurices, claiming that because he still lost the fight, all of my claims are still valid. Its absolutely bizzare & you've dug yourself into a hole which you could have avoided by just admitting many of your earlier claims were completely false

A similar exercise would be talking to the parents of the respective sides' players from a kids football match. You'll get two completely different versions of what happened in the game, the player performances, the coaching decisions, the referee decisions, etc. Alternative versions of reality made manifest. :-)
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26037: Sep 11, 2020 10:48:12 pm
      Stuey is on meds and is not taking them, yes?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26038: Sep 11, 2020 10:53:50 pm
      How the team operates I donā€™t think has changed all that much before and during Klopp, just that we finally got a coach who recognizes the benefit of working alongside the rest of the team and not making decisions in isolation.

We had (might still have) a data nerd who through analytics saw that Klopp was extremely unlucky in his last season at BVB and much better than the record suggested. This was mentioned in a Klopp interview once and quoting how impressed he was with this guy.

FSG through their analytical way of operating have built a great operations team and Klopp perfectly knows how to work with them for the greater good. It really is a match made in heaven.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26039: Sep 11, 2020 11:37:57 pm

Go on show me one shred of evidence of these protests at Anfield that weren't centred around ticket prices. I don't even want evidence of the weekly ones with placards you mentioned in your earlier posts. Just one singular bit of evidence of a decent sized anti FSG protest

Protests on a forum don't count, as I don't even know how you can "protest" on a website. There's still plenty of idiots on Twitter screaming FSG out right now

By "uncharacteristic" do you mean bottom half and never challenging for a title under FSG? Or are you finally going to admit you were talking absolute shabbite?

Don't even know what that's supposed to mean, but your argument has been based around ridiculous exaggerations. It's like me watching a boxing match which resulted in a fighter losing on a split decision, then me adamantly claiming the losing fighter was knocked down in the first round 3 times, didn't throw a singular punch and that the referee had to stop the fight 2 minutes in, and then when I get pulled up on my clear & obvious inaccurices, claiming that because he still lost the fight, all of my claims are still valid. Its absolutely bizzare & you've dug yourself into a hole which you could have avoided by just admitting many of your earlier claims were completely false

😄😄😄
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26040: Sep 12, 2020 06:44:35 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26041: Sep 12, 2020 09:35:14 am
      NESV identified a previously self-sufficient asset that was brought to near bankruptcy by the fraudulent business practices of H&G.
      The NESV Legal team waited for an opportune time to bring the fraudsters to book and after appropriate proceedings the fraudsters were found out and exiled to the US desert.

After paying legal costs etc etc LFC was now owned by NESV/FSG for an outlay of approximately Ā£400m.
      Que the deserved thanks for keeping the sh*t off the fan.

JWH subsequently announced that no further monies from FSG would be used to run LFC, it would be entirely self-sufficient financially.
      There were loans to the club from FSG for various projects and that is ongoing.

After several managers were  appointed and sacked by FSG along comes JĆ¼rgen Klopp who could have signed up for top any flight side in the world, thankfully he chose LFC.

He is very likely the only man in the world who has the supreme footballing wherewithal to produce the results we contemplate under these owners.
      Some would say he produces success in spite of our US ā€œsoccerā€ following owners whose self-sustaining asset is now worth in the region of Ā£2bn.
      It is beyond reasonable doubt that the stated scenario is down to the unmatched footballing genius of JĆ¼rgen Klopp and any amount of personal comment or obfuscation does not change the fact.
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2020 01:51:34 pm by stuey »
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #26042: Sep 12, 2020 09:48:05 am
      Give it a rest stuey
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26043: Sep 12, 2020 10:11:31 am

As long as people resort to ā€œthick as sh*tā€ diversive innuendo and immaterial comment mate, I will continue to state fact
      .Credit to NESV for their business acumen and all thanks to Klopp for bringing back the glory days to LFC.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26044: Sep 12, 2020 02:46:23 pm
      As long as people resort to ā€œthick as sh*tā€ diversive innuendo and immaterial comment mate, I will continue to state fact
      .Credit to NESV for their business acumen and all thanks to Klopp for bringing back the glory days to LFC.

I'm with you on this. I wnated some transfers but if we stay as we are, the team is fantastic as it is. Fingers crossed for no major injuries.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26045: Sep 12, 2020 03:57:18 pm
      NESV identified a previously self-sufficient asset that was brought to near bankruptcy by the fraudulent business practices of H&G.
      The NESV Legal team waited for an opportune time to bring the fraudsters to book and after appropriate proceedings the fraudsters were found out and exiled to the US desert.

After paying legal costs etc etc LFC was now owned by NESV/FSG for an outlay of approximately Ā£400m.
      Que the deserved thanks for keeping the sh*t off the fan.

JWH subsequently announced that no further monies from FSG would be used to run LFC, it would be entirely self-sufficient financially.
      There were loans to the club from FSG for various projects and that is ongoing.

After several managers were  appointed and sacked by FSG along comes JĆ¼rgen Klopp who could have signed up for top any flight side in the world, thankfully he chose LFC.

He is very likely the only man in the world who has the supreme footballing wherewithal to produce the results we contemplate under these owners.
      Some would say he produces success in spite of our US ā€œsoccerā€ following owners whose self-sustaining asset is now worth in the region of Ā£2bn.
      It is beyond reasonable doubt that the stated scenario is down to the unmatched footballing genius of JĆ¼rgen Klopp and any amount of personal comment or obfuscation does not change the fact.

Only someone with a clear agenda would suggest as such

Klopp is so hard done with the club being able to buy

World Record GK
      World Record CB

Some quality youngsters from the academy

Ā£50 mil for Keita , Fabinho
      Ā£40 for players like Mane , Salah and Ox

Klopp has spent more than any other manager in our history

And the elephant in the room is Salah

Did Klopp want him - Nope , he wanted Brandt but Edwards etc said he was better suited to the Prem

So maybe just maybe Klopp doesnā€™t do this all on his own - and our success is down to a number of factors one which includes the owners business acumen
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26046: Sep 12, 2020 04:05:40 pm

Did Klopp want him - Nope , he wanted Brandt but Edwards etc said he was better suited to the Prem

Good point. Another one to consider is Mane, obviously we will never know how true it is but Klopp apparently first and foremost wanted Gotze. Gotze obviously opted for Dortmund instead but the club still paid out 36mill towards Mane who, if itā€™s true, wasnā€™t even at the top of our list of targets.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26047: Sep 12, 2020 04:11:26 pm
      Good point. Another one to consider is Mane, obviously we will never know how true it is but Klopp apparently first and foremost wanted Gotze. Gotze obviously opted for Dortmund instead but the club still paid out 36mill towards Mane who, if itā€™s true, wasnā€™t even at the top of our list of targets.

Yes Mane was 3rd choice behind Goetze and Iā€™m not sure who the other was but again Edwards was very much in favour of Mane
      Kopite78
      Reply #26048: Sep 12, 2020 04:13:48 pm
      Yes Mane was 3rd choice behind Goetze and Iā€™m not sure who the other was but again Edwards was very much in favour of Mane

It's all 6 of one and half a dozen of the other this though isnt it?

Who has turned Mane into the player he is?

Who has turned Mo into the player he is?

Bobby another example, world class player, but under the last manager it didnt work... didnt look anything like the Bobby under Klopp

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26049: Sep 12, 2020 04:20:39 pm

World Record GK
      World Record CB

So maybe just maybe Klopp doesnā€™t do this all on his own - and our success is down to a number of factors one which includes the owners business acumen

What the F**k are you rambling about??
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26050: Sep 12, 2020 04:22:47 pm

Thatā€™s the way it should be isnā€™t it? Everyone doing their bit to make the club successful.
      Kopite78
      Reply #26051: Sep 12, 2020 04:29:37 pm
      Thatā€™s the way it should be isnā€™t it? Everyone doing their bit to make the club successful.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing whatsoever mate, I was just pointing out that side of it too

Without a Klopp, then would it work ? With those smart 'gambles', I'm not sure it would.
      Yes brilliant that they can scout these rough diamonds.. but you also need someone to polish them

You cant ignore either side for me
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26052: Sep 12, 2020 05:08:09 pm

Bobby another example, world class player, but under the last manager it didnt work... didnt look anything like the Bobby under Klopp

A combination of good management and good coaching
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26053: Sep 12, 2020 05:10:20 pm
      What the f**k are you rambling about??

If you canā€™t see you never will

You have this idea that Klopp is the only manager that could bring success to the club and appeared to believe the success is down to him only. Highlighting to you that there are many factors for the success including the player recruitment of which there are various parties involved.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #26054: Sep 12, 2020 06:30:58 pm
      If you canā€™t see you never will

You have this idea that Klopp is the only manager that could bring success to the club and appeared to believe the success is down to him only. Highlighting to you that there are many factors for the success including the player recruitment of which there are various parties involved.

JĆ¼rgen Klopp is James Bond. He operates alone.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26055: Sep 12, 2020 06:37:07 pm
      When you hear Klopp talk about the team of people that help him do his job, the recruitment dept, the owners, the medical team, etc etc it's clear that he values everyone highly.
      He has said so many times that without them, he wouldn't be able to do his job.
      He clearly understands that everyone pulling in the same direction is an asset in itself.
      He's praised the owners many times.

So for some to disregard everything he says about this stuff in favour of following some strange fact free agenda is pretty F***ing insulting to everyone at the club who have helped us win our title.

If those who advocate went up to Klopp and told him he was solely responsible for our recent success, I'm pretty sure he'd laugh in their face before throwing out a few home truths about the reality of things.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #26056: Sep 13, 2020 12:17:32 am
      When you hear Klopp talk about the team of people that help him do his job, the recruitment dept, the owners, the medical team, etc etc it's clear that he values everyone highly.
      He clearly understands that everyone pulling in the same direction is an asset in itself.

So for some to disregard everything he says about this stuff in favour of following some strange fact free agenda is pretty f**king insulting to everyone at the club who have helped us win our title.

If those who advocate went up to Klopp and told him he was solely responsible for our recent success, I'm pretty sure he'd laugh in their face before throwing out a few home truths about the reality of things.

Thatā€™s because of JĆ¼rgen and the type of humble person he is though. Heā€™s the complete opposite of arrogant. If mourinho was our manager (But we had the same success) then it would be a very different story. I think even Rafa, who I adore, would call FSG out.

FSG have been here ten years and itā€™s only since JĆ¼rgen came in that we have been competitive, that cannot be disputed.

We are still a serious injury or two away from being in quite a lot of sh*t to be honest, so itā€™s frustrating that we havenā€™t strengthened. Even more frustrating when klopp has proven that 1. His signings work and 2. He can get the most out of players.

You call fans disrespectful for questioning our owners, but I actually find your comments disrespectful somewhat towards JĆ¼rgen. You and the other reds who defend FSG are so naive itā€™s actually unreal. You probably agree with me that JĆ¼rgen is the best coach in world football but I donā€™t think you actually fully understand just how good he is. You will when he leaves though, I absolutely promise you that, unless FSG then decide to back whoever the manager is properly, without putting any sell to buy restraints on them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26057: Sep 13, 2020 02:53:19 am

World Record GK
      World Record CB

Might be why when the transfer committee was broke up, Klopp gave Edwards a reference and recommended him to FSG for his current position.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26058: Sep 13, 2020 02:58:40 am

So for some to disregard everything he says about this stuff in favour of following some strange fact free agenda is pretty F***ing insulting to everyone at the club who have helped us win our title.

To quote someone and for the life of me I can't think who said it,  but it was before lockdown possibly even start of last season but it was something like, "the club has been built and moulded in the image of Klopp."

Quick Reply