Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643708 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26059: Sep 13, 2020 04:28:27 pm
      Thatā€™s because of JĆ¼rgen and the type of humble person he is though. Heā€™s the complete opposite of arrogant. If mourinho was our manager (But we had the same success) then it would be a very different story. I think even Rafa, who I adore, would call FSG out.

FSG have been here ten years and itā€™s only since JĆ¼rgen came in that we have been competitive, that cannot be disputed.

We are still a serious injury or two away from being in quite a lot of sh*t to be honest, so itā€™s frustrating that we havenā€™t strengthened. Even more frustrating when klopp has proven that 1. His signings work and 2. He can get the most out of players.

You call fans disrespectful for questioning our owners, but I actually find your comments disrespectful somewhat towards JĆ¼rgen. You and the other reds who defend FSG are so naive itā€™s actually unreal. You probably agree with me that JĆ¼rgen is the best coach in world football but I donā€™t think you actually fully understand just how good he is. You will when he leaves though, I absolutely promise you that, unless FSG then decide to back whoever the manager is properly, without putting any sell to buy restraints on them.

Were we not competitive in Brendanā€™s tenure ?

Your on about some being disrespectful, right back at you mate, Brendan took us as close as anybody had in 13/14, but for too many draws & Gerrards slip V Chavs No 19 would have arrived earlier, considering that Rogers was punching above his weight as a young manager he did very well indeed imo,

When JĆ¼rgen came in he took us to another level, a level beyond the capabilities of Brendan Rogers, as Brilliant as JĆ¼rgen is, best on the planet for me, he would not achieve what he has on his own, and I include those above him, all his staff, all the sports scientists, nutritionists, chefs, tea ladies everyone at Melwood, everyone at Anfield & Kirkby, he is of course the main man, he makes most of the decisions that effect the players, training etc, itā€™s not being disrespectful to him to say he has others who assist in the areas he has no control,

You are right of course we will not fully understand how good he is when he goes, but you could say the same when Shanks went or when Bob & Joe retired & when Kenny resigned, for the record I think we will be fine, cos I think Pep will step into his shoes, but hey thatā€™s years away yet,

The simple facts remain like it or loath it, JĆ¼rgen & FSG  has brought about the success we are enjoying, to say otherwise is well....being ā€˜Disrespectfulā€™  !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26060: Sep 13, 2020 04:36:48 pm
      JĆ¼rgen Klopp is James Bond. He operates alone.

Even Bond needs Q and M, just like Klopp needs everyone in the club down to dinner ladies, cleaners etc. I'm fairly sure he's said the himself several times.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #26061: Sep 13, 2020 05:04:40 pm
      Even Bond needs Q and M, just like Klopp needs everyone in the club down to dinner ladies, cleaners etc. I'm fairly sure he's said the himself several times.

That's the answer I was trying to invoke. Hope those who have yet to understand see it now. Success is not down to Klopp and Klopp alone. Credit where it's due, a large part of the football and the way we play is down to him and the coaching staff. But there are also those who contributed behind the scenes. That we have to give credit as well...

If you canā€™t see you never will

You have this idea that Klopp is the only manager that could bring success to the club and appeared to believe the success is down to him only. Highlighting to you that there are many factors for the success including the player recruitment of which there are various parties involved.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26062: Sep 13, 2020 09:23:31 pm
      Sh*te lads, we have an exceptional manager the best in the business. But hed be tthe first to say hes surrounded by good people who have all had a massive part to play in what the club have achieved.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #26063: Sep 13, 2020 11:17:45 pm

Were we not competitive in Brendanā€™s tenure ?

Your on about some being disrespectful, right back at you mate, Brendan took us as close as anybody had in 13/14, but for too many draws & Gerrards slip V Chavs No 19 would have arrived earlier, considering that Rogers was punching above his weight as a young manager he did very well indeed imo,

When JĆ¼rgen came in he took us to another level, a level beyond the capabilities of Brendan Rogers, as Brilliant as JĆ¼rgen is, best on the planet for me, he would not achieve what he has on his own, and I include those above him, all his staff, all the sports scientists, nutritionists, chefs, tea ladies everyone at Melwood, everyone at Anfield & Kirkby, he is of course the main man, he makes most of the decisions that effect the players, training etc, itā€™s not being disrespectful to him to say he has others who assist in the areas he has no control,

You are right of course we will not fully understand how good he is when he goes, but you could say the same when Shanks went or when Bob & Joe retired & when Kenny resigned, for the record I think we will be fine, cos I think Pep will step into his shoes, but hey thatā€™s years away yet,

The simple facts remain like it or loath it, JĆ¼rgen & FSG  has brought about the success we are enjoying, to say otherwise is well....being ā€˜Disrespectfulā€™  !

Y  N  W  A

What did we win?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #26064: Sep 13, 2020 11:32:55 pm

The best thing to come out of the Brendan Rodgers era, was JĆ¼rgen Klopp.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26065: Sep 14, 2020 05:49:39 am

I like this cake!!!! ;D :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26066: Sep 14, 2020 08:07:22 am

That's not the same as not being competitive, for example Everton have not been competitive to win the league in a long long time, until last season were we at the same level in the league in your opinion?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26067: Sep 14, 2020 12:00:31 pm

You said FSG have been here ten years and itā€™s only since Klopp came in that we have been competitive, I didnā€™t say we had won anything under Rogers, but WE WERE COMPETITIVE,  No ?

You can stop playing with your wooden spoon now !

Y  N  W  A

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #26068: Sep 14, 2020 01:23:35 pm
      That's not the same as not being competitive, for example Everton have not been competitive to win the league in a long long time, until last season were we at the same level in the league in your opinion?

Up until JĆ¼rgen had arrived we had won one league cup under FSG ownership.

Very nearly won the title but I think weā€™re all in agreement it was because we had Luis Suarez. Most of the time we were languishing around 7th or 8th. Before Klopp came, how many times had we qualified for the champions league under FSG? And youā€™re telling me we were competitive ;D.

Out of curiosity heimdall, do you just quote everybody on a daily basis, regardless what they post, and just argue the other side just for the sake of it?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #26069: Sep 14, 2020 02:03:31 pm
      Out of curiosity heimdall, do you just quote everybody on a daily basis, regardless what they post, and just argue the other side just for the sake of it?

It's called stress testing your arguments. Never mind if the stress tester is flawed in his tests. It's about how you can withstand heavy probing of your views and arguments. Too bad if you crumble.

As the saying goes "if you're world class you'll not make a mistake, let alone schoolboy errors on the world stage. If not, you're under consideration to be dropped for the next match as a punishment even if you're Mbappe."  >:D Don't make a mistake in your arguments. Be consistent.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26070: Sep 14, 2020 02:52:25 pm

Very nearly won the title but I think weā€™re all in agreement it was because we had Luis Suarez. Most of the time we were languishing around 7th or 8th. Before Klopp came, how many times had we qualified for the champions league under FSG? And youā€™re telling me we were competitive ;D.

Apparently the word ā€œlanguishā€ and LFCā€™s none achievement under FSG pre-Klopp is not for scrutiny, exactly what percentage of our current success under the same custodians is now incalculable despite the acknowledged genius of the manager.
      Truth be told Klopp is the major element of LFCā€™s success.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26071: Sep 14, 2020 05:06:06 pm
      The best thing to come out of the Brendan Rodgers era, was JĆ¼rgen Klopp.

It was Suarez you F***ing loon!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26072: Sep 14, 2020 06:46:37 pm

No not at all, you'll find I'm fairly consistent on my positions.
      Kopite78
      Reply #26073: Sep 14, 2020 06:54:09 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26074: Sep 14, 2020 08:25:36 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26075: Sep 14, 2020 10:30:30 pm
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #26076: Sep 15, 2020 12:10:11 pm
      No you're not...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26077: Sep 15, 2020 03:47:31 pm

Do you have any examples?

BTW the accusation here is that I constantly flip flop and argue different sides of the same argument, its not that I over time change my opinion about a player or team etc.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #26078: Sep 15, 2020 04:42:05 pm
      Do you have any examples?

BTW the accusation here is that I constantly flip flop and argue different sides of the same argument, its not that I over time change my opinion about a player or team etc.
      The accusation was that you just quote someone and argue the opposite for no reason other than to be argumentative. 

My reply has clearly "whooshed" you...

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26079: Sep 15, 2020 04:58:02 pm
      Somebody will post that water is wet and a few posts down Heimdall will have quoted it saying that water is in fact dry and actually feels like sawdust

;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #26080: Sep 15, 2020 05:00:58 pm
      Somebody will post that water is wet and a few posts down Heimdall will have quoted it saying that water is in fact dry and actually feels like sawdust

;D

Then a couple of days later, hed argue that it's not even water in the first place
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26081: Sep 15, 2020 05:42:10 pm
      Then a couple of days later, hed argue that it's not even water in the first place

"Water is wet"

Heimdall: Can you provide me with a link for that?

😂

Quick Reply