Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643654 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26082: Sep 15, 2020 11:52:37 pm
      The accusation was that you just quote someone and argue the opposite for no reason other than to be argumentative. 

My reply has clearly "whooshed" you...

Not really "whooshed" as much as evaporated like hot air. Unless you have examples where I change positions to argue with different people on the same topic at the same time, I'd ask you to kindly STFU.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26083: Sep 15, 2020 11:53:28 pm
      Somebody will post that water is wet and a few posts down Heimdall will have quoted it saying that water is in fact dry and actually feels like sawdust

;D

Hmm and I'm the one accused of wumming 🤔😉
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #26084: Sep 16, 2020 11:53:50 am
      Not really "whooshed" as much as evaporated like hot air. Unless you have examples where I change positions to argue with different people on the same topic at the same time, I'd ask you to kindly STFU.
      I did, as a joke, precisely what you were accused of; just disagreeing with others for the sake of it!  So yes WWHHOOOOOSSHH over your Maguire-like head!

So do us all a favour on here and YOU kindly STFU!!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #26085: Sep 16, 2020 12:28:48 pm
      I did, as a joke, precisely what you were accused of; just disagreeing with others for the sake of it!  So yes WWHHOOOOOSSHH over your Maguire-like head!

So do us all a favour on here and YOU kindly STFU!!

It’s all good. Someone is just too enthusiastic about dropping players to “teach them a lesson”, only to find out nearer the match day that these players are the best we’ve got, and opted to start them. Of course with a caveat of threatening to drop them if they underperform. I believe there was Bobby and I think now is VVD for the next match. 

The idea of dropping them gets us defending these so called “complacent” players. That’s when water is dry.

Somebody will post that water is wet and a few posts down Heimdall will have quoted it saying that water is in fact dry and actually feels like sawdust

;D

Come match day... We need to start our best players which calls for backtracking... Otherwise we might start a match with full of kids because first team players needs to be “punished”.

Then a couple of days later, hed argue that it's not even water in the first place

And when they underperform again, that’s where the cycle restarts. It’s like going to a carnival.

That is why... (in general and not talking about anyone in particular) never judge the players too early especially when they play badly. Because you’ll have to keep following through on why they’re so bad. And if they play well, you’ll have to find flaws in their game to maintain your stance. Because you passed your judgement earlier. Rather maintain openness (like the majority of us) and be objective. I’m sure that’s less stressful.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26086: Sep 17, 2020 07:28:56 pm
      Hmm and I'm the one accused of wumming 🤔😉

That's not wumming, that's what I'd call taking the piss!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26087: Sep 19, 2020 01:29:00 pm

Blanked the eejit within months of joining the forum 10+ years ago, waste of brain cells acknowledging the sh*te he posts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26088: Sep 19, 2020 05:05:06 pm
      I love FSG*

*Might have something to do with receiving my bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk!! :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26089: Sep 19, 2020 05:09:48 pm
      No not at all, you'll find I'm fairly consistent on my positions.

You're consistent, alright.

Consistently a tw*t.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26090: Sep 22, 2020 12:53:36 am
      Think this guy needs even more credit then he gets, can certainly pull out a ripper deal!

Who buys Thiago for 5 million a year over 4 years + add ons? That's ridiculous.  :D :D

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26091: Sep 22, 2020 12:58:18 am
      Think this guy needs even more credit then he gets, can certainly pull out a ripper deal!

Who buys Thiago for 5 million a year over 4 years + add ons? That's ridiculous.  :D :D

No, you're wrong. We have been told by Stuey that Klopp is the only reason we have been successful.

But really, Edwards is really effing good at what he does. If I have read correctly, we only paid $5M up front for Jota but Wolves have us all $9.5M up front for Hoever, so we actually pocketed 4.5 milly in the transaction.

As i have said before, go find me another team in the league that is better run than Liverpool top to bottom.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26092: Sep 22, 2020 01:23:17 am
      No, you're wrong. We have been told by Stuey that Klopp is the only reason we have been successful.

But really, Edwards is really effing good at what he does. If I have read correctly, we only paid $5M up front for Jota but Wolves have us all $9.5M up front for Hoever, so we actually pocketed 4.5 milly in the transaction.

As i have said before, go find me another team in the league that is better run than Liverpool top to bottom.

I just hope no one tries to poach him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26093: Sep 22, 2020 09:13:57 am

Give your head a shake ffs.

If Hodgson was here would Edwards or anyone else be able to persuade world class players to sign under his management??

If LFC were not enjoying monumental success under Klopp would such players with enormous potential consider signing no matter who was negotiating??

Klopp himself is currently considered the best manager on the planet with or without the assistance of various scouts.

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2020 12:25:04 pm by stuey »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26094: Sep 22, 2020 09:25:16 am

If Hodson was here would Edwards or anyone else be able to persuade world class players to sign under his management??

If LFC were not enjoying monumental success under Klopp would such players with enormous potential consider signing no matter who was negotiating??

Klopp himself is currently considered the best manager on the planet with or without the assistance of various scouts.

Correct, but its also the team around klopp. and Edwards is doing some fantastic deals. especially selling our fringe players for fortunes.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26095: Sep 22, 2020 09:26:36 am

If Hodson was here would Edwards or anyone else be able to persuade world class players to sign under his management??

Which world class players? Thiago, yeah, but the likes of Salah, Mane, Firmino & Van Dijk weren't considered world class at the time we signed them & all came from lesser clubs (JĂźrgen wasn't even the manager when Firmino joined). Klopp brought the best out of them, no doubt, but I've got a feeling most would have signed regardless for the opportunity to play for a bigger club and / or in the Premier League
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26096: Sep 22, 2020 10:11:33 am

Hodgson isn't here though because they got rid of him.

So yet another thing they done right.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #26097: Sep 22, 2020 11:15:27 am

Not wrong. Let's assume you're right. But getting the right deal takes an awful lot of strategising, deal structuring, and hard negotiation. This would be Edward's job. And to structure the right deals (numbers, not about players anymore), it's solely down to Edwards. No doubt Klopp makes it easier for players to come. But if the numbers are not right, the deals would not be done. And in deal making you can't win all the time. You need to give something to the other to bite. Klopp has no time to do this thing.

There are different tiers of players. Maybe lower tier players would join us. For every deal, be it top tier or the lowest tier players, a good negotiator would always get you a good deal. We are talking about how good Mike Edwards is. The way he gets deals done is first class. That, we have to give credit to him. Klopp may have helped somewhat. But most of the deal making and the positive results I'm very sure is down to Mike Edwards. If Klopp wasn't here, I'm sure he'd have gotten us some good deals regardless (not talking about players we acquire but the deal structure). 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26098: Sep 22, 2020 11:20:42 am
      I just hope no one tries to poach him.

Like we poached him from Spurs?

;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26099: Sep 22, 2020 11:21:20 am

Exactimundo.

(Its the only thing Stu and I have disagreed with .... ever.)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26100: Sep 22, 2020 11:28:40 am
      Which world class players? Thiago, yeah, but the likes of Salah, Mane, Firmino & Van Dijk weren't considered world class at the time we signed them & all came from lesser clubs (JĂźrgen wasn't even the manager when Firmino joined). Klopp brought the best out of them, no doubt, but I've got a feeling most would have signed regardless for the opportunity to play for a bigger club and / or in the Premier League

"Klopp brought the best out of them".
      Undisputed fact!

The remainder of your comment is opinion and assumption.

Likewise for the other comments about scouts etc and the genius of Klopp.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26101: Sep 22, 2020 11:40:44 am
      "Klopp brought the best out of them".
      Undisputed fact!

The remainder of your comment is opinion and assumption.

Wasn't arguing otherwise, but that wasn't your original point. You were implying that certain players wouldn't have signed unless Klopp was manager. I'm pretty sure Van Dijk and Mane would have swapped Southampton for Liverpool regardless of who was the manager. Just as the likes of Firmino, Coutinho and Suarez did before them

You were arguing the other day that the reason Klopp signed was because he was drawn in by the romance & pull of Liverpool. Surely it's reasonable to think the same thing happens to players

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26102: Sep 22, 2020 12:21:13 pm
      Wasn't arguing otherwise, but that wasn't your original point. You were implying that certain players wouldn't have signed unless Klopp was manager. I'm pretty sure Van Dijk and Mane would have swapped Southampton for Liverpool regardless of who was the manager. Just as the likes of Firmino, Coutinho and Suarez did before them

You were arguing the other day that the reason Klopp signed was because he was drawn in by the romance & pull of Liverpool. Surely it's reasonable to think the same thing happens to players

By definition and wording therein your response to my comment is merely personal opinion and assumption.
      Klopp is the sole reason for LFC's unparalleled success and success attracts winners.
      Mane and Virgil have blossomed under Klopp's coaching, a fact which both will endorse.

While JĂźrgen is here scouts, club diplomats etc will come and go but the driving force will remain hopefully for many years to come..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26103: Sep 22, 2020 02:27:32 pm
      By definition and wording therein your response to my comment is merely personal opinion and assumption.
      Klopp is the sole reason for LFC's unparalleled success and success attracts winners.
      Mane and Virgil have blossomed under Klopp's coaching, a fact which both will endorse.

While JĂźrgen is here scouts, club diplomats etc will come and go but the driving force will remain hopefully for many years to come..

I guess it’s something that you haven’t really tackled yet but

Salah - Klopp wanted Brandt and not Salah - Fallows persuaded Klopp hard that he was the signing to make

That should show you that it’s not just the genuis of Klopp that has given us success , there are multiple genuis’s at the club to enable the success and miss anyone of them and we wouldn’t be a success
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #26104: Sep 22, 2020 02:32:46 pm

I don't think anyone is suggesting that JĂźrgen isn't a huge pull for the club.  Most footballers wouldn't need much persuading to play for him.  There are many parts to a successful team but Klopp is clearly the biggest cog in the wheel.

Quick Reply