Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642521 times
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26105: Sep 22, 2020 04:20:48 pm
      They have been good at signing players with the right attitudes. Whereas other clubs piss money away on the pogbas , Sanchez, Lukaku,  pepe, etc etc......yes money will always be a huge pull, but there will also always be ballers out there who want to win the big trophies and will want to surround themselves with lads of the same ilk
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26106: Sep 22, 2020 05:03:26 pm
      I guess it’s something that you haven’t really tackled yet but

Salah - Klopp wanted Brandt and not Salah - Fallows persuaded Klopp hard that he was the signing to make

That should show you that it’s not just the genuis of Klopp that has given us success , there are multiple genuis’s at the club to enable the success and miss anyone of them and we wouldn’t be a success

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Jürgen isn't a huge pull for the club.  Most footballers wouldn't need much persuading to play for him.  There are many parts to a successful team but Klopp is clearly the biggest cog in the wheel.

On the contrary, some are suggesting Klopp could not have achieved without FSG or their appointed assistants.

No better example than the F***ing eejit above,.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26107: Sep 22, 2020 05:52:07 pm
      On the contrary, some are suggesting Klopp could not have achieved without FSG or their appointed assistants.

No better example than the f**king eejit above,.

Because this is correct.

Players don't play for free, top players demand top wages. We have one of the highest wages in the league and if FSG weren't willing to pay those wages the players would leave and we'd be perennial bridesmaids like Spurs.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26108: Sep 22, 2020 06:08:39 pm

No better example than the F***ing eejit above,.

He couldn't and has said as much himself many times.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26109: Sep 22, 2020 07:58:29 pm

No better example than the f**king eejit above,.

He couldn’t - he will even state that himself

You really think a manager can do it all on his own without the best backroom staff along with scouts etc ?!!

Come on you must be on a wind up now - or are you that stupid

Yes Klopp is key to it all but he doesn’t get the success all on his own

If the manager had his way we wouldn’t have Salah and Brandt instead
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26110: Sep 22, 2020 08:14:50 pm
      The monies were in place from the sale of players, JWH stated FSG would not use their capital to finance the club.
      LFC are financially self-sustaining.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26111: Sep 22, 2020 08:16:20 pm
      One of the most bizzare disagreements Ive ever seen.

Were blessed to have the best manager in the game who is blessed to have great people around him. One without the other likely leads to a different outcome then that of being European, English and world champions in the one year.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26112: Sep 22, 2020 08:18:06 pm
      The monies were in place from the sale of players, JWH stated FSG would not use their capital to finance the club.

Yes we know that - that’s nothing new so what’s the point you are making ?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26113: Sep 22, 2020 08:56:32 pm

And perhaps the greatest gift FSG will ever give the club. Self solvency and survivability / success not dependent on anyone else.

However, FSG could take what the team generates and take it out of the club or let it sit in the bank collecting dust instead of paying the top wages they do that allow Klopp and the team not just to keep its best players but add to them.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #26114: Sep 22, 2020 09:15:09 pm
      Klopp and the clubs current success are the draw.
      These go hand in hand.
      Edwards has the ability to get the best deals from selling clubs and players, without throwing untold millions at it like chavs, shity and the two Spanish outfits.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #26115: Sep 22, 2020 09:46:25 pm
      They brought in JK, and saw that they had a winner, then they brought in peeps, who could accomodate his wishes.
      He did not wish for the Messi's of this world, but players he thinks can work with, for his project, and they have delivered.
      I cannot see the problem, this season is another defining step, and JK knows this, he is prepping the squad for an onslaught and no doubt improve.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26116: Sep 22, 2020 10:13:51 pm
      They brought in JK, and saw that they had a winner, then they brought in peeps, who could accomodate his wishes.
      He did not wish for the Messi's of this world, but players he thinks can work with, for his project, and they have delivered.
      I cannot see the problem, this season is another defining step, and JK knows this, he is prepping the squad for an onslaught and no doubt improve.

Definitely not in a rush to see his tenure end, but i am very interested in seeing how Klopp sets this team up for his departure in 2024.

By then Van Dijk, Matip, Gini, Thiago, Firmino, Mo, Sadio and Hendo would all be in their mid 30s and he would not leave us with an aging squad like that so he is going to be doing a lot of retooling a couple years prior to that.

As has been the case since day 1, the team will back him up in granting his wishes.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #26117: Sep 23, 2020 08:33:57 am
      Definitely not in a rush to see his tenure end, but i am very interested in seeing how Klopp sets this team up for his departure in 2024.

By then Van Dijk, Matip, Gini, Thiago, Firmino, Mo, Sadio and Hendo would all be in their mid 30s and he would not leave us with an aging squad like that so he is going to be doing a lot of retooling a couple years prior to that.

As has been the case since day 1, the team will back him up in granting his wishes.
      Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Robbo, Fabinho and Keita all first team players will still be 30 or under (well except for Ali but that shouldn’t be an issue). Jota who has just came in should arguably be in his prime. Then we have talents like Jones, Elliott, Williams and many more who look very promising. I agree with you though it will be interesting, I think Jürgen already has an eye on the what the future will look like for this team.

I mean look at Citeh, their mid to late 30’s players in 2024 will be Aguero, De Bruyne, Walker, Gundogan, Fernandinho and Mahrez. Although they will have probably spent another billion or so by that stage to refresh their squad.
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2020 08:49:06 am by ConzS »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26118: Sep 23, 2020 06:10:39 pm
      Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Robbo, Fabinho and Keita all first team players will still be 30 or under (well except for Ali but that shouldn’t be an issue). Jota who has just came in should arguably be in his prime. Then we have talents like Jones, Elliott, Williams and many more who look very promising. I agree with you though it will be interesting, I think Jürgen already has an eye on the what the future will look like for this team.

I mean look at Citeh, their mid to late 30’s players in 2024 will be Aguero, De Bruyne, Walker, Gundogan, Fernandinho and Mahrez. Although they will have probably spent another billion or so by that stage to refresh their squad.

Don't forget the new training complex.

There's a lot to be said for integrated training.
      Younger players watching how the top players play the same systems.
      Young players more easily fast tracked into 1st squad training
      etc.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #26119: Sep 23, 2020 08:59:26 pm

Who is saying he is going, If he feels he is up to his limit, he will deffo go, but.....?, We Believe/ hope
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26120: Sep 23, 2020 09:54:47 pm
      Who is saying he is going, If he feels he is up to his limit, he will deffo go, but.....?, We Believe/ hope

Understanding a lot can change between now and then, he is already on record saying he's gone in 2024.
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #26121: Sep 27, 2020 09:59:50 pm
      great owners  happy to have them.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26122: Sep 29, 2020 10:34:25 pm
      Should we chip in to help lower level clubs. I for one would be in favour of it. Been said about £200m could prevent clubs going down the pan. 20 Premier league clubs..£50m target..cud be. Government to pay the most.

Will our owners sanction a decent donation. Could also make a case for the broadcasters to chip in as well. Sky and all the rest should chip in.Could be done on a monthy payment scheme.Maybe the players as well should be prepared to chip in more.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2020 11:29:10 pm by Harrisimo »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26123: Sep 30, 2020 12:12:09 am
      Should we chip in to help lower level clubs. I for one would be in favour of it. Been said about £200m could prevent clubs going down the pan. 20 Premier league clubs..£50m target..cud be. Government to pay the most.

Will our owners sanction a decent donation. Could also make a case for the broadcasters to chip in as well. Sky and all the rest should chip in.Could be done on a monthy payment scheme.Maybe the players as well should be prepared to chip in more.

The way things are going all the players will be "chipping in" when they negotiate their next contracts. That will be even more true if the top clubs take more of a role in supporting teams in the football league. Of course if businesses in general continue to spiral downward financially, the Premier League clubs will be having to cut back their own operations in the coming years anyway.

I wonder if for the biggest clubs, there might be an interest in setting up caretaker arrangements with one or more lower league clubs to create something like what exists in Germany. Whilst it wouldn't turn, say, Tranmere, into Liverpool II with that team playing permanently in League One, the club could end up bankrolling a certain percentage of the lower club's payroll, and having oversight over coaching, player development, etc. all serving to lower the lower club's overhead. You would need to preserve the identity of the lower club, I understand, but it could come to this.

I think that has a better chance of providing meaningful assistance than say, "here's 10 million pounds - now we've done our part."

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26124: Oct 12, 2020 06:50:22 pm
      Talk of selling 25% to red bull!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #26125: Oct 12, 2020 06:51:46 pm
      Talk of selling 25% to red bull!!

RedBall I think Brian..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26126: Oct 12, 2020 06:58:41 pm

Yep it's Redball.

Billy Beane something to do with them if I'm correct?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #26127: Oct 12, 2020 06:59:24 pm
      Yep it's Redball.

Billy Beane something to do with them if I'm correct?

Sounds like a F***ing circus owner

Quick Reply