Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2767176 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26749: Feb 21, 2021 09:52:41 pm
      I can’t be arsed with this anymore. They’ve helped Klopp build a great first 11 and a few other players to that group. However to be continuously successful, season after season, you need depth. Something we don’t have. The last couple of seasons have been wonderful, however a massive amount of luck played its part when you consider the dearth of talent on our bench. As we now see, luck has caught up and we’ve been caught with our pant well and truly down.

Now do you see?

I bid you a good night...

Do you even bother to check your facts before posting stuff

Maybe check the stats on the player involvement for the last couple of season

18/19 season

19 players played double figure games
      Only 3 players played every league game
      4 more played 30 above
      The reason why we did so well was the amount of squad players that stepped in

19/20 season

20 players played double figure league games
      Only 2 played every game in the league
      5 more played 30 and over

Another season where squad members stepped and the manager rotated a number around

So two successful season where the squad was good enough to win title and CL whilst also coping with injuries

This season we have had

18 different partnerships at CB

29 players playing in the Prem

No squad in the premiership would be able to success missing the levels of players we have and we even brought into the squad 5 players this season

People like you

1. Have no clue about how the club works

2. Refuse to even understand the financial model so that you can stop posting incorrect facts

3. Fail to even see the level of injuries that no squad has even seen before

Christ the sooner we can get back into the ground so that empty vessels like you can be drowned out the better
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26750: Feb 21, 2021 09:54:18 pm
      Mr pyjamas is right. That article mentions Rafa but the quotes do not.
      Rafa was denied funds by owners that were really terrible. Almost club going bust terrible.

Our current owners have a strict business model. But sadly, it’s their business. They bought us to make themselves money and have probably made a lot. But football ain’t what it used to be. I would not want to be a city or Chelsea type soulless club.
      If our owners sold up they would sell to the highest bidder. The only way you can compete with the sheikhs or abramovic is someone like bill gates. Someone who sees it as a side project. If that happens we will be no better than city or Chelsea in that they buy their trophies.
      The only other way is to be run by supporters. The profits of the club can be pumped back into the squad without needing to fill the owners and shareholders pockets.

All our profits are pumped back into the squad and the club - none goes into the owners pockets or shareholders pockets from the club
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #26751: Feb 21, 2021 10:04:10 pm
      Do you even bother to check your facts before posting stuff

Maybe check the stats on the player involvement for the last couple of season

18/19 season

19 players played double figure games
      Only 3 players played every league game
      4 more played 30 above
      The reason why we did so well was the amount of squad players that stepped in

19/20 season

20 players played double figure league games
      Only 2 played every game in the league
      5 more played 30 and over

Another season where squad members stepped and the manager rotated a number around

So two successful season where the squad was good enough to win title and CL whilst also coping with injuries

This season we have had

18 different partnerships at CB

29 players playing in the Prem

No squad in the premiership would be able to success missing the levels of players we have and we even brought into the squad 5 players this season

People like you

1. Have no clue about how the club works

2. Refuse to even understand the financial model so that you can stop posting incorrect facts

3. Fail to even see the level of injuries that no squad has even seen before

Christ the sooner we can get back into the ground so that empty vessels like you can be drowned out the better

People like me? You mean someone whose family come from the city? Who’ve supported the club since 1978. Who have sang out loud in the stands? Once again, you’ve proven one thing. What a tw*t you are. You’ll NEVER drown me out pal. I’ll shout in your ear until your F***ing ears bleed.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26752: Feb 21, 2021 10:05:32 pm

All our profits are pumped back into the squad and the club - none goes into the owners pockets or shareholders pockets from the club

Yet the club gets richer despite making no profit? How does that work exactly?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26753: Feb 21, 2021 10:07:21 pm
      Yet the club gets richer despite making no profit? How does that work exactly?

:mad:

Club gets “richer” - can you expand on what you think that means

Any profit the club makes is spent by the club - you would actually understand and know that if you bother to even check any of the accounts

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26754: Feb 21, 2021 10:10:22 pm
      People like me? You mean someone whose family come from the city? Who’ve supported the club since 1978. Who have sang out loud in the stands? Once again, you’ve proven one thing. What a tw*t you are. You’ll NEVER drown me out pal. I’ll shout in your ear until your f**king ears bleed.

So what ? You certainly aren’t showing any understand of the current make up of the club.

On this thread you are suggesting not enough investment has been put into the squad

Yet on another thread

With a fully fit team and squad, it’s us and city. The others aren’t even in the same room.

🤷‍♂️  Are you getting confused
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26755: Feb 21, 2021 10:14:30 pm
      :mad:

Club gets “richer” - can you expand on what you think that means

Any profit the club makes is spent by the club - you would actually understand and know that if you bother to even check any of the accounts

The value of the club has grown. Not difficult to understand is it? Bought for 300m or whatever it was, without being anal and checking, to now over 2bn. Is that not the definition of being richer?
      Have the clubs owners not profited from this? You’re trying to tell us that JWH and associates bank balances haven’t swollen over the last decade?

Is that what you’re saying?

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26756: Feb 21, 2021 10:16:58 pm

So what ? You certainly aren’t showing any understand of the current make up of the club.

On this thread you are suggesting not enough investment has been put into the squad

Yet on another thread

🤷‍♂️  Are you getting confused

I’m not confused. Like I’ve said all along, our starting 11 plus a few squad members are more than a match for City. It’s what is outside that 16 or so players where the massive drop off occurs.

Try to keep up...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26757: Feb 21, 2021 10:19:18 pm
      The value of the club has grown. Not difficult to understand is it? Bought for 300m or whatever it was, without being anal and checking, to now over 2bn. Is that not the definition of being richer?
      Have the clubs owners not profited from this? You’re trying to tell us that JWH and associates bank balances haven’t swollen over the last decade?

Is that what you’re saying?

The “value” of the club is irrelevent unless it’s being sold or someone is buying a stake in the club

The value going up doesn’t mean the owners are getting money in the pocket - it just means the asset value on any potential sale has gone up

The owners will only “profit” if they sell the club at a price more than what they paid for the club.

The club hasn’t got “richer” - the owners bank balances havent increased
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26758: Feb 21, 2021 10:21:20 pm

The “value” of the club is irrelevent unless it’s being sold or someone is buying a stake in the club

The value going up doesn’t mean the owners are getting money in the pocket - it just means the asset value on any potential sale has gone up

The owners will only “profit” if they sell the club at a price more than what they paid for the club.

The club hasn’t got “richer” - the owners bank balances havent increased

Do you actually believe what you posted then? That the owners and their associates bank accounts haven’t swelled over the last decade or so? Really?

One born every minute!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26759: Feb 21, 2021 10:31:27 pm
      Do you actually believe what you posted then? That the owners and their associates bank accounts haven’t swelled over the last decade or so? Really?

One born every minute!

In what way do you think their bank accounts have swelled because of Liverpool ?

I’m guessing if you think they are getting money from the club you will be able to show that ?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26760: Feb 21, 2021 10:39:51 pm
      In what way do you think their bank accounts have swelled because of Liverpool ?

I’m guessing if you think they are getting money from the club you will be able to show that ?

So you don’t think they’re making money from loaning LFC money to build the new stand and training facility? It’s a loan, which means there is interest to be paid.

Also factor, the net spend is is +, not minus, which kind of shows money isn’t being invested very heavily into team.

Or is that a lie too?

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #26761: Feb 21, 2021 10:56:06 pm
      I remember posting this a couple of years ago and I know some others feel the same, but my god some other people are going to get a huge reality check the day JĂźrgen Klopp leaves this football club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26762: Feb 21, 2021 10:59:05 pm
      So you don’t think they’re making money from loaning LFC money to build the new stand and training facility? It’s a loan, which means there is interest to be paid.

Also factor, the net spend is is +, not minus, which kind of shows money isn’t being invested very heavily into team.

Or is that a lie too?

Inter company loans with the interest rate at base minimal to cover costs

Training facility wasn’t a loan - paid for out of operating profits

The net spend since Klopp arrived is around £75mil I believe - but I don’t see the issue as long as the right players arrive

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-net-spend-fsg-klopp-18390895.amp
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #26763: Feb 21, 2021 10:59:31 pm

One born every minute!

Sorry to butt in to this but they haven't taken any money out of the club as far as I'm aware.

The value of the club as an asset has grown massively but as someone said above that value is only realised once they sell.

Unless I've read the account wrong FSG have taken next to nothing out of the club since they bought us.

The loans to build the stadium were interest free unless I'm very much mistaken.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26764: Feb 21, 2021 11:03:45 pm
      I remember posting this a couple of years ago and I know some others feel the same, but my god some other people are going to get a huge reality check the day JĂźrgen Klopp leaves this football club.

Yes. Has worked miracles on a shoe string budget. Spending IS required to be successful. City win trophies EVERY season without fail. I’m not saying we can compete with that level of spending, but regular updating to the squad, replacing deadwood is essential. That’s why in the last couple of seasons, all of our main rivals have at least tripled what our owners have spent. Our net spend figures are farcical, they really are...

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #26765: Feb 21, 2021 11:05:17 pm

Isn't that the case when any elite coach leaves a club though?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26766: Feb 21, 2021 11:06:33 pm

Is that not the same for any club who may lose a top manager/coach

The key will be on who the replacement is

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #26767: Feb 21, 2021 11:10:26 pm

Yep and that process will already be in place hopefully very interesting to see who people think who it might be
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #26768: Feb 21, 2021 11:10:27 pm

Posted similar just before you.

It is and unless you're in a league where you are clearly the dominant club like Bayern in Germany, PSG in France and Barca and Real in Spain there is always a level of upheaval and uncertainty when a club loses a top level coach.

Look at City with all their money who only really got consistent success by hiring Pep, who like him or not, is one of the games great coaches.

The Mancs have spent like there is no tomorrow since Ferguson left and still they are nowhere near consistent title challengers
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26769: Feb 21, 2021 11:12:29 pm
      Yep and that process will already be in place hopefully very interesting to see who people think who it might be

I have no doubt that someone like Nagelsmann will be in the mix ,
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26770: Feb 21, 2021 11:13:39 pm
      Posted similar just before you.

It is and unless you're in a league where you are clearly the dominant club like Bayern in Germany, PSG in France and Barca and Real in Spain there is always a level of upheaval and uncertainty when a club loses a top level coach.

Look at City with all their money who only really got consistent success by hiring Pep, who like him or not, is one of the games great coaches.

The Mancs have spent like there is no tomorrow since Ferguson left and still they are nowhere near consistent title challengers

Yep spot on

And Chelsea have gone through a couple managers and money to try and challenge , Arsenal the same , UTD just don’t stop spending
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26771: Feb 21, 2021 11:13:54 pm
      Our illustrious owners wealth since taking over the reigns in 2010 has increaed from 1.1bn dollars, to 2.8bn dollars as of now. Yes he has his hand in other sports ventures as we all know (formally NESV), but are we assuming his other “projects” make his profit, but not LFC?

Quick Reply