Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756244 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26841: Feb 22, 2021 01:15:13 pm
      Read the accounts as you say. Thereā€™s profit left on the table not everything went back in to the squad. Profit after all expenses and operating costs were covered including wages.

Do you mean the Ā£42mil before tax profit ?

What do you think was used to purchase the likes of Jota , Thiago , Tsimikas and Minamino since those figures were released ?

And when the accounts of released very shortly how much profit do you think will be there when you consider we will lose approx Ā£100mil due to Covid which the club no doubt are taking into account

Do you think we have huge amounts of cash waiting to be spent ?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26842: Feb 22, 2021 01:16:53 pm

Net spend again - is that the only way you judge things on net bloody spend

Do you even understand it or are you just regurgitating bullshit you have seen others post

Who cares if Stoke have the same level of ā€œnet spendā€ - what difference does it make

Are you only interested in watching owners spend spend spend

WTF, i didn't say i wanted FSG to spend spend spend,we missed out on Lewis who was our number 1 target for left back because of around 5m and signed a player i've never heard of because he was cheaper,that is not acceptable for Liverpool FC,bloody Newcastle signed him,we let Lovern go and didn't replace him,it had been reported that was a joint decision but when the two first choice CB'S get season ending injuries you act straight away with a plan of action and get the deals done ASAP when the window opens,but we didn't and now we are struggling to even get top 4,if we lose JĆ¼rgen then it's down to FSG penny pinching and lack of support,FSG i believe will struggle to get a top manager with their transfer policies if JĆ¼rgen leaves.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #26843: Feb 22, 2021 01:17:56 pm
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-fsg-transfer-19686902

Interesting read..
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26844: Feb 22, 2021 01:23:09 pm

What deflection ?

You put everything down to Luck

We havenā€™t ā€œoverachievedā€ - we have won because we have complied a world class team looked after by a world class manager .

Unless you believe the team wasnt good enough to win the title and CL and it was only down to Klopp and luck that we won both - so what should we have achieved

One person doesnā€™t make a team successful- itā€™s not all down to Klopp , he doesnā€™t work without the support behind him

Of course we have overachieved,JĆ¼rgen has spent peanuts and won the 2 biggest prizes in club football and by the way I put it down to Klopp because he achieved something no other manager achieved in managing our great club in 30 years,FSG employed 3 managers before JĆ¼rgen and they couldn't win it.

One last thing are you an employee of FSG or a relative?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26845: Feb 22, 2021 01:23:49 pm
      WTF, i didn't say i wanted FSG to spend spend spend,we missed out on Lewis who was our number 1 target for left back because of around 5m and signed a player i've never heard of because he was cheaper,that is not acceptable for Liverpool FC,bloody Newcastle signed him,we let Lovern go and didn't replace him,it had been reported that was a joint decision but when the two first choice CB'S get season ending injuries you act straight away with a plan of action and get the deals done ASAP when the window opens,but we didn't and now we are struggling to even get top 4,if we lose JĆ¼rgen then it's down to FSG penny pinching and lack of support,FSG i believe will struggle to get a top manager with their transfer policies if JĆ¼rgen leaves.

So you arenā€™t happy because we didnā€™t sign a guy from Norwich but instead signed someone you hadnā€™t heard off before ? Why would the club spend more on a player as back up if they donā€™t think he is worth it ? Should we just pay whatever the selling club wants ?

In the summer they decided not to replace Lovren and look at other players instead because we had cover if needed at CB

Again we donā€™t know what went on in January, what calls they put in , what players they looked at , what clubs were actually willing to sell - yes a CB coming in would have been good earlier but we have no idea what was going on with Klopp and Edwards and what they were trying to do - all guesswork

Why would we be losing Klopp ? And Klopp speaks very highly of the owners and the team supporting him and the backing they have given him.

We arenā€™t in the situation we are in right now because of the owners or any perceived lack of backing

We are in the position we are in because of unprecedented levels of injuries to the spine of the team
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26846: Feb 22, 2021 01:25:00 pm
      Of course we have overachieved,JĆ¼rgen has spent peanuts and won the 2 biggest prizes in club football and by the way I put it down to Klopp because he achieved something no other manager achieved in managing our great club in 30 years,FSG employed 3 managers before JĆ¼rgen and they couldn't win it.

One last thing are you an employee of FSG or a relative?

Klopp has spent over Ā£500mil in 5 years and you call that peanuts
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26847: Feb 22, 2021 01:31:45 pm

Klopp has spent over Ā£500mil in 5 years and you call that peanuts

Seriously?what about the players he has made better and sold,the NET spend.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26848: Feb 22, 2021 01:33:34 pm
      Seriously?what about the players he has made better and sold,the NET spend.

What about the net spend ? Again going on about the net spend ?

And is it not the managers job to make players better
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26849: Feb 22, 2021 01:42:06 pm
      So you arenā€™t happy because we didnā€™t sign a guy from Norwich but instead signed someone you hadnā€™t heard off before ? Why would the club spend more on a player as back up if they donā€™t think he is worth it ? Should we just pay whatever the selling club wants ?

In the summer they decided not to replace Lovren and look at other players instead because we had cover if needed at CB

Again we donā€™t know what went on in January, what calls they put in , what players they looked at , what clubs were actually willing to sell - yes a CB coming in would have been good earlier but we have no idea what was going on with Klopp and Edwards and what they were trying to do - all guesswork

Why would we be losing Klopp ? And Klopp speaks very highly of the owners and the team supporting him and the backing they have given him.

We arenā€™t in the situation we are in right now because of the owners or any perceived lack of backing

We are in the position we are in because of unprecedented levels of injuries to the spine of the team

If JĆ¼rgen has a number 1 target then spending 5M extra to get him is small fry,Lewis is 3 years younger than Robbo and is a good player that would have pushed Robbo to keep his place and taken over from him later i'm sure.

We don't know what went on in January?Did you see JĆ¼rgen's interviews?We left it to the very last day which stinks of desperation.

Every team gets injuries that's why you need a squad but when the best defender in the world gets a season long injury you can't replace him and Gomez with players that wouldn't have been deemed good enough otherwise,we are not some team near the bottom of the PL that needs to sell to buy,we are one of the biggest clubs in the world competing for the biggest honours.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26850: Feb 22, 2021 01:46:23 pm
      What about the net spend ? Again going on about the net spend ?

And is it not the managers job to make players better

You said JĆ¼rgen spent 500m and yes he did but he also made Coutinho a world class player that Barca wanted to pay a fortune for,JĆ¼rgen has spent peanuts because of the players he has made better and sold on for a fortune hence the NET spend.

Your last comment is very bizarre-And is it not the managers job to make players better?i didn't say it was but if you want to be successful then it certainly helps.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26851: Feb 22, 2021 01:47:06 pm

We were apparently quoted Ā£20 odd million for Kabak in December.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26852: Feb 22, 2021 01:52:44 pm
      If JĆ¼rgen has a number 1 target then spending 5M extra to get him is small fry,Lewis is 3 years younger than Robbo and is a good player that would have pushed Robbo to keep his place and taken over from him later i'm sure.

We don't know what went on in January?Did you see JĆ¼rgen's interviews?We left it to the very last day which stinks of desperation.

Every team gets injuries that's why you need a squad but when the best defender in the world gets a season long injury you can't replace him and Gomez with players that wouldn't have been deemed good enough otherwise,we are not some team near the bottom of the PL that needs to sell to buy,we are one of the biggest clubs in the world competing for the biggest honours.

How do you know Lewis was ā€œKloppsā€ number 1 target ?

The ā€œclubā€ bid for him what they thought he was worth - it was rejected so they looked at other targets within the price range and got one - are you really questioning their transfer methods when you consider the level of players they have acquired ?

Every team does not get the level of injuries we have faced this year - wake up and smell coffee
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26853: Feb 22, 2021 01:55:48 pm
      You said JĆ¼rgen spent 500m and yes he did but he also made Coutinho a world class player that Barca wanted to pay a fortune for,JĆ¼rgen has spent peanuts because of the players he has made better and sold on for a fortune hence the NET spend.

Your last comment is very bizarre-And is it not the managers job to make players better?i didn't say it was but if you want to be successful then it certainly helps.

Why do you keep going on about net spend as if itā€™s a negative?

We sold players who didnā€™t want to be at the club or who werenā€™t good enough and we bought players that helped us win the league and CL - does it matter if the net spend is Ā£1bm or 0 ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26854: Feb 22, 2021 01:56:39 pm
      We were apparently quoted Ā£20 odd million for Kabak in December.

No idea - seen lots of stuff about us agreeing fees for Ā£30mil for some and Ā£20mil for others - the deal for Kabak at the moment seems a sensible one
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #26855: Feb 22, 2021 01:57:22 pm

Here's a good one

Is what happens when the boss wanted Koulibaly to add to the team and gets Davies and Kabak. Shows the measure of the owners that does. Pay peanuts, usually get monkeys. The odd gem now and at a bargain price but they are flukes. Clear now that luring Mbappe to these waters is nothing more than a (crack) pipe dream...

Did we pay peanuts for VVD?  What about Alisson?  Mane?  Salah? 

Mbappe is a pipe dream, but we aren't a club that buys success -- we build it and earn it.

They were paid for off the back of sales...

So you were complaining that we "pay peanuts", then when shown players we have paid a lot of money for, it then became "but they were off the back of sales", which was not your argument in the first place. Convenient to keep changing the argument, ain't it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26856: Feb 22, 2021 02:03:44 pm
      2 things:

Net spend argument is bollocks. Always has been, always will be.

There is a much stronger correlation between wages and winning than there is between spending and winning.
      Put simply, the clubs that pay the highest wages are the clubs that win things.

We have one of the highest wage bills in Europe, never mind the prem.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26857: Feb 22, 2021 02:16:08 pm
      This is a debate that will go around in circles where people on both sides of the argument are using things that nobody outside of the boardroom knows is true or false.

Ill leave it here, for me. I have no issue with them. Again yeah Id love us to buy everyone we want, its not realistic though. Yes I wanted a centre half in the summer, why did we not get one, like everyone else on here I dont know.

But ill gladly stick with a group who came in and steadied a sinking ship. In 2010 we were fu**ed. We had to form groups to protest at the direction of the club. More energy went into trying to get owners out then backing the team. It was horrible. This lot came in. Said what they were about and went about it. They did not promise the sun moon and stars. They said they would change us by doing things the way they did it in the states.

It took time, of course it did look what were up against. But we got there in the end and tgey have played there part. They are business people and I accept that, they wont throw.money around like its going out of fashion. They are not perfect. But they, for me, have done nothing to deserve to be told to get out.

When that day comes I hope its a replacement of similar standing. I dont want a Glazer type, I certaintly dont want a country running us and I dont want someone who made money from the mistreatment of others. That probably leaves a narrow field. Love to see genuine suggestions from people.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #26858: Feb 22, 2021 02:20:37 pm
      They got lucky because he worked out and heā€™s overachieved is what I meant to say. There was no plan he could have drawn up or presented that would have him play 2 finals in less than 12 months. That was his laying foundation we also learnt he hasnā€™t always got his top targets either but has rolled with the punches and he continues to do so.

As I said they have been savy in commercializing the club but the biggest driver and positive change on the balance sheet has been as a direct result of the man in the dugout in charge of onfield performance. Had he not qualified for the CL after 3 years he would have gone the same route as Rodgers.

You canā€™t seriously with a straight face tell me waiting until deadline day to confirm your last senior CB as gone for the season before scrapping the barrel in 11th hour is anything but negligence.

Could have sorted Koulibaly or Upemcamo or Berg in summer but didnā€™t and donā€™t be naive in thinking it was Klopps decision to not do so.

We did not overachieve. finishing 97 points and 99 points two times in a row is not "overachievement".  We played as we all expected because we had the best XI in the league.

Yeh maybe we should have went for a CB early on in Jan, but who would have thought having Matip, Gomez & VVD out injured for the season.

People need to realize the covid pandemic has affected the club a lot, especially that we are not using the furlough scheme to save costs. No fans, no revenues and this also affects broadcast revenues too, especially that we have one of the highest wage bills in the league. Which club really went on and made big signings in Jan? No one did, not even Man City. Everyone knows how much the pandemic affected their club finances.

Our revenues were increasing irrespective of who was the manager. Sure, Klopp earned the club a lot because of the CL win and top 4 spots, but our off the pitch revenues were soaring because of the commercial aspects of the club.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #26859: Feb 22, 2021 02:23:42 pm
      This is a debate that will go around in circles where people on both sides of the argument are using things that nobody outside of the boardroom knows is true or false.

Ill leave it here, for me. I have no issue with them. Again yeah Id love us to buy everyone we want, its not realistic though. Yes I wanted a centre half in the summer, why did we not get one, like everyone else on here I dont know.

But ill gladly stick with a group who came in and steadied a sinking ship. In 2010 we were fu**ed. We had to form groups to protest at the direction of the club. More energy went into trying to get owners out then backing the team. It was horrible. This lot came in. Said what they were about and went about it. They did not promise the sun moon and stars. They said they would change us by doing things the way they did it in the states.

It took time, of course it did look what were up against. But we got there in the end and tgey have played there part. They are business people and I accept that, they wont throw.money around like its going out of fashion. They are not perfect. But they, for me, have done nothing to deserve to be told to get out.

When that day comes I hope its a replacement of similar standing. I dont want a Glazer type, I certaintly dont want a country running us and I dont want someone who made money from the mistreatment of others. That probably leaves a narrow field. Love to see genuine suggestions from people.

I still think this is just a freak season Brian, a one off because of the circumstances (injuries, pandemic, etc...). If we don't get top 4 this season then ok, we try to rebuild with what we got and challenge for the title next season, I really don't want to end up in Europa League to be honest. I prefer a good easy list of fixtures next season and go for the league again.

We still have our core players, keep them beyond the summer and strengthen areas were we need to strengthen and we are good to go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26860: Feb 22, 2021 02:33:48 pm
      Itā€™s been said a number of times that we have a sell to buy policy

So can someone please tell me who was have sold so that we can buy someone else instead ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #26861: Feb 22, 2021 02:38:15 pm

Could have sorted Koulibaly or Upemcamo or Berg in summer but didnā€™t and donā€™t be naive in thinking it was Klopps decision to not do so.

I have to digress for a min Dadorious. Do you think Upemcamo good enough? I've yet to see him play well in the half a dozen games I've seen him this year. From what I've seen so far he couldn't get in the so called top 6 and hold is place in the team..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #26862: Feb 22, 2021 02:42:16 pm

So can someone please tell me who was have sold so that we can buy someone else instead ?

Stop being a dick you know VVD, Alisson and Fab would not be here without the Coutinho deal going through.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #26863: Feb 22, 2021 02:42:26 pm

I think the worst types of argument:

- sell to buy
      - net spend.

Except for Man City and Chelsea, all clubs use the self-sufficient model.

Quick Reply