Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642472 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26887: Feb 22, 2021 04:56:57 pm
      The net spend is relevant when the tight wad owners say there's no money in the pot for JĆ¼rgen to buy a CB,i don't care if the net spend is Ā£1 as long as we are competing and JĆ¼rgen is getting the number 1 targets but clearly he isn't (Lewis as one example and a CB before the last day of the transfer window as another one)I think a lot of posters on here will change their tune if we don't make top 4 and have to sell Salah or Mane for the loss of revenue and buy cheap replacements that wouldn't be fit to lace their boots.

Except that is all you care about since you kept quoting the average net spend over the years, but you are right in that you shouldn't care about net spend.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26888: Feb 22, 2021 05:08:08 pm
      You appear to be ignoring it

You accuse the club of having a ā€œSell to Buyā€ policy

That means - selling players to be able to buy someone else

We didnā€™t sell Coutinho to enable the club to buy someone else - it wasnā€™t ā€œsell to buyā€

Surely you can understand that ?

What are you talking about,stuey said we wouldn't have brought VVD,Ally and Fab had we not sold Coutinho,which is true,i think i read somewhere that there is no way FSG would have spent that money without selling Coutinho,JĆ¼rgen didn't want Coutinho to go and he was told if he went the funds can be used to strengthen the team,do you think JĆ¼rgen wanted Brewster to go?no but he was sold with a possible buy back because of FSG's transfer strategy of sell to buy hence we brought Jota and sold Wolves our up and coming defender hence our net spend was about 20m at most with the other 2 signings and the Lovern departure.FSG's transer policies are clear they won't spend their own money and they give JĆ¼rgen 20m from revenue plus what we get back from selling players that look good for us but end up being donkeys when they leave.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26889: Feb 22, 2021 05:10:20 pm
      Except that is all you care about since you kept quoting the average net spend over the years, but you are right in that you shouldn't care about net spend.

Here he is the i support FSG more than the team brigade,i wondered when you would show up,did you even read my post?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26890: Feb 22, 2021 05:28:55 pm
      What are you talking about,stuey said we wouldn't have brought VVD,Ally and Fab had we not sold Coutinho,which is true,i think i read somewhere that there is no way FSG would have spent that money without selling Coutinho,JĆ¼rgen didn't want Coutinho to go and he was told if he went the funds can be used to strengthen the team,do you think JĆ¼rgen wanted Brewster to go?no but he was sold with a possible buy back because of FSG's transfer strategy of sell to buy hence we brought Jota and sold Wolves our up and coming defender hence our net spend was about 20m at most with the other 2 signings and the Lovern departure.FSG's transer policies are clear they won't spend their own money and they give JĆ¼rgen 20m from revenue plus what we get back from selling players that look good for us but end up being donkeys when they leave.

He ties himself in knots and ends up contradicting himself.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26891: Feb 22, 2021 05:47:37 pm

How do you know who we would have bought if Coutinho had stayed ? You are using guesswork to try and justify a point

There is no way to tell what we would have done if Coutinho had stayed

Either way we didnā€™t sell Coutinho just so we could buy other players

Coutinho wanted to leave so he left - the club then brought in 3 players and we moved on

If Klopp didnā€™t want Brewster to leave then he wouldnā€™t have left - simple

We brought Jota in and to help the deal we allowed a right back to leave - thatā€™s just standard deals these days

And again you are going on about net spend  :mad:

Yes their transfer policy is clear - spend what the club earns and itā€™s been that way since they arrived

What other policy should they have ? What owners would you like to see buy the club from them
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26892: Feb 22, 2021 05:49:13 pm
      He ties himself in knots and ends up contradicting himself.

No I havenā€™t - and you still have shown the ā€œSell to buy policyā€ yet - but you wonā€™t be able to because it doesnā€™t exist in the club
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26893: Feb 22, 2021 06:52:54 pm
      No I havenā€™t - and you still have shown the ā€œSell to buy policyā€ yet - but you wonā€™t be able to because it doesnā€™t exist in the club

It has been displayed and you refuse to accept it!
      Where does the dosh come from?
      It has to be generated by LFC as FSG  will not provide monies for the running of the club.

How many times does this need explaining?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26894: Feb 22, 2021 06:59:53 pm
      It has been displayed and you refuse to accept it!
      Where does the dosh come from?
      It has to be generated by LFC as FSG  will not provide monies for the running of the club.

How many times does this need explaining?

The money spent comes from commercial income earned by the club thatā€™s includes

Sponserships - shirt and stadium
      Telly and Competition revenue
      Matchday revenue
      Shirt sales
      Player sales

Itā€™s then spent on

Wages
      Player purchases
      Stadium loans
      General running of the club

Not one single player has been sold just so the club can buy another player

Any player sold the money goes into the clubs finances - those finances are FSGs monies

You havenā€™t once displayed any ā€œsell to buy policyā€. Unless you can confirm which player was sold on the basis of purely buying another player
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26895: Feb 22, 2021 07:07:44 pm

The money spent comes from commercial income earned by the club thatā€™s includes

Sponserships - shirt and stadium
      Telly and Competition revenue
      Matchday revenue
      Shirt sales
      Player sales

Itā€™s then spent on

Wages
      Player purchases
      Stadium loans
      General running of the club

Not one single player has been sold just so the club can buy another player

Any player sold the money goes into the clubs finances - those finances are FSGs monies

You havenā€™t once displayed any ā€œsell to buy policyā€. Unless you can confirm which player was sold on the basis of purely buying another player

Monies generated on the back of the club, ONCE AGAIN - FSG contribute zero to the running of the club.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #26896: Feb 22, 2021 07:09:16 pm
      Still curious as to how JWH and FSG have increased their worth, but somehow they donā€™t profit from LFC? Does their profit purely come from Boston Red Sox? From NASCAR?

So they run LFC as a business model but make no profit? Bollocks if I ever heard it, regardless of what figures from a spreadsheet say...
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26897: Feb 22, 2021 07:27:13 pm
      Here's a good one

So you were complaining that we "pay peanuts", then when shown players we have paid a lot of money for, it then became "but they were off the back of sales", which was not your argument in the first place. Convenient to keep changing the argument, ain't it.

Making a point that the manager didnā€™t get his targets is wrong how brown nose?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26898: Feb 22, 2021 07:32:36 pm
      Monies generated on the back of the club, ONCE AGAIN - FSG contribute zero to the running of the club.

The club is self sufficient thatā€™s not new and been the same for the past 10 years

But they do contribute to the running of the club - itā€™s their club , they own it lock stock and barrel and they have Mike Gordon running it on a daily basis along with his team and all the people they employ to run the club.

If you are purely looking for financial contribution from the owners - they provide loan facilities, credit lines and also money for the new training facilities.

But an owners contribution to a club isnā€™t purely about how much money they can spend on players - unless you are a City or Chelsea fan
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #26899: Feb 22, 2021 07:35:28 pm
      Time to move on.. going in f**king roundabouts here...

I fell asleep after this post and not long woke up... nothing changed then, same arguments...😂

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26900: Feb 22, 2021 07:35:30 pm
      Still curious as to how JWH and FSG have increased their worth, but somehow they donā€™t profit from LFC? Does their profit purely come from Boston Red Sox? From NASCAR?

So they run LFC as a business model but make no profit? Bollocks if I ever heard it, regardless of what figures from a spreadsheet say...

:mad:

They have increased their asset worth - so they assets they own have increased in value

They donā€™t take a penny out of the club beyond loan repayments ( Ā£10mil so far ) , I believe also Werner and Henry donā€™t even take a salary from the club

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26901: Feb 22, 2021 07:44:27 pm
      Can you remind me when we first looked to buy VVD - was it not the summer that we bought Mo

When Klopp got caught tapping him up in Blackpool!!

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26902: Feb 22, 2021 07:46:17 pm

:mad:

They have increased their asset worth - so they assets they own have increased in value

They donā€™t take a penny out of the club beyond loan repayments ( Ā£10mil so far ) , I believe also Werner and Henry donā€™t even take a salary from the club

Stop talking out of your arse will you? JWH personal wealth has shot up massively. So like I said, does his profit come only from Red Sox or NASCAR, because according to you, he takes no money from LFC. Letā€™s face it, Iā€™m sure accounts have NEVER been fabricated before have they?!

By sound of it, you think heā€™s whiter than snow and sun shines out of his arse.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26903: Feb 22, 2021 07:47:58 pm
      When Klopp got caught tapping him up in Blackpool!!

Was it Blackpool ? I thought it was Southport and at a certain golf club frequented by many players  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26904: Feb 22, 2021 07:50:32 pm
      Was it Blackpool ? I thought it was Southport and at a certain golf club frequented by many players  ;D

Nah it was Blackpool, I don't even think Klopp is that dumb enough to do it that close to home. Part of the reason for the Ā£75 mil price tag, we could of got him a bit cheaper, but once Southampton found out they increased price to Ā£75 mil and stuck to it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26905: Feb 22, 2021 07:51:28 pm
      Stop talking out of your arse will you? JWH personal wealth has shot up massively. So like I said, does his profit come only from Red Sox or NASCAR, because according to you, he takes no money from LFC. Letā€™s face it, Iā€™m sure accounts have NEVER been fabricated before have they?!

The accounts donā€™t get fabricated- they are audited and checked 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø - is that really the basis of your opinion- the accounts have been doctored 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

As for his personal money - thatā€™s nothing to do with his but a lot of his wealth is tied up in assets

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/john-henrys-diverse-interests-create-a-net-worth-safety-net/%3famp
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26906: Feb 22, 2021 07:52:46 pm
      Nah it was Blackpool, I don't even think Klopp is that dumb enough to do it that close to home. Part of the reason for the Ā£75 mil price tag, we could of got him a bit cheaper, but once Southampton found out they increased price to Ā£75 mil and stuck to it.

Oh no doubt at all - if we followed the correct channels we would have got him for around Ā£40-50mil in the summer I suspect but the increase was certainly down to the tapping up
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26907: Feb 22, 2021 08:02:05 pm
      The club is self sufficient thatā€™s not new and been the same for the past 10 years

But they do contribute to the running of the club - itā€™s their club , they own it lock stock and barrel and they have Mike Gordon running it on a daily basis along with his team and all the people they employ to run the club.

If you are purely looking for financial contribution from the owners - they provide loan facilities, credit lines and also money for the new training facilities.

But an owners contribution to a club isnā€™t purely about how much money they can spend on players - unless you are a City or Chelsea fan

Waffle.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #26908: Feb 22, 2021 08:05:55 pm

The accounts donā€™t get fabricated- they are audited and checked 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø - is that really the basis of your opinion- the accounts have been doctored 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

As for his personal money - thatā€™s nothing to do with his but a lot of his wealth is tied up in assets

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/john-henrys-diverse-interests-create-a-net-worth-safety-net/%3famp

No Iā€™m not insinuating they are doctored, but to take anything at face value without question is F***ing stupid.

JWH and FSG (or NESV)saw a gilt edged opportunity to make a F**k load of money off the back of a sleeping footballing behemoth. That was their priority pure and simple. If success followed along the way, all the better for it, as revenues will increase further. Do you think this scenario Iā€™ve just stated is pure fantasy, or actually, absolutely bang right on the money? Bare in mind weā€™re talking about billionaires. Billionaires do not think in the same way as your average punter. All they ever see is a way to make more money, even though there is no need for more.

I acknowledge that a lot of good has come about during their tenure, first and foremost securing the safety of our great football club. Secondly, allowing us to have a one off manager like JK, who has brought us onfield glory once again. I donā€™t expect the club to do transfer Windows like the oil barons or oligarchs, but I expect more than the odd superstar now and again. JK asked for specific players and never got them. After what heā€™s achieved, that shouldnā€™t be the case...

Disagree with me once again, I really donā€™t care. You can talk finances, net spend, non profit etc until youā€™re blue in the face, but in not buying it...

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #26909: Feb 22, 2021 08:14:39 pm
      No Iā€™m not insinuating they are doctored, but to take anything at face value without question is f**king stupid.

JWH and FSG (or NESV)saw a gilt edged opportunity to make a f**k load of money off the back of a sleeping footballing behemoth. That was their priority pure and simple. If success followed along the way, all the better for it, as revenues will increase further. Do you think this scenario Iā€™ve just stated is pure fantasy, or actually, absolutely bang right on the money? Bare in mind weā€™re talking about billionaires. Billionaires do not think in the same way as your average punter. All they ever see is a way to make more money, even though there is no need for more.

I acknowledge that a lot of good has come about during their tenure, first and foremost securing the safety of our great football club. Secondly, allowing us to have a one off manager like JK, who has brought us onfield glory once again. I donā€™t expect the club to do transfer Windows like the oil barons or oligarchs, but I expect more than the odd superstar now and again. JK asked for specific players and never got them. After what heā€™s achieved, that shouldnā€™t be the case...

Disagree with me once again, I really donā€™t care. You can talk finances, net spend, non profit etc until youā€™re blue in the face, but in not buying it...

The owners buy sports franchises and clubs to add to their portfolio, they then look to make those various sporting outlets successful both on and off the field whilst increasing their net worth

They have achieved that first with Red Sox then their nascar and now with us

They have currently not made money from owning us - the money they would earn would be on the day that they sell us or indeed any of their sports ventures

You keep suggesting they are making money from us - can you provide the basis on how they are making money from us when they donā€™t take money out of the club ?

And of course you wonā€™t buy it because you donā€™t want to see the facts in front of you and instead want to think about some fantasy land

If you ever want to get past all the paranoid nonsense about the owners and see the facts you might see they arenā€™t the devils people portray them as

Quick Reply