Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2644041 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27163: Mar 03, 2021 03:33:13 pm
      They loaned the club money to build a new stand which they'll make profit on.

So the fact that it's a loan means they'll receive their money back whilst also making a profit. They've not done us a favour.

If I borrow you money to buy a taxi whilst you agree to split your profit with me have I done you a favour? Yes, you got a taxi from me but I'm getting paid back in full whilst also in line to receive profit from the original money I borrowed you.

Anyone, without FSG tinted glasses on, can see we're a sell to buy club. Look at the centre backs we brought in!!! Just look.

Where's the Preston geeza we bought? How's he getting on? Did you lot see his amazing double block last week? No you didn't. Why? Because he doesn't start. Why? Because he's not good enough!!! We let go of Minamino to bring them in.

Once again it was sell to buy even in an extreme situation.

There will be no overhaul, there will be no big signings without us losing a big player.

We are a sell to buy club.

Feel free to disagree with me but for you regular abusers that will come to attack me it's a sweet f*ck you in advance

:mad:

The guy from Preston is injured 🤷‍♂️

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #27164: Mar 03, 2021 03:52:46 pm
      To reiterate why won't the owners for the first time in their tenure, loan this club monies to help in the actual sporting area of an investment that now stands at ÂŁ2bn?
      Why do you people bring up the analogy of Abrmovich and Chelsea?

This club has never been run in the way Chelski or Citeh have so why start now?

The owners illustrate the point by not lashing millions at building improvements but loaning the club monies to the club to carry out the Anfield extension and training facilities, the obvious question is why not do the same for one or two urgent player requirements ?

Looking at what a dollar is used for, players are depreciating assets, whereas a new stands receives higher revenue forever. The only difference to us fans is we obtain more joy seeing us win than seeing more fans getting through Anfield’s turnstiles. That addresses the use of funds.

Mode of funding now lies between pumping in money as equity or debt. For debt, the club pays an interest while for equity dividend payment may or may not be paid depending on the club’s profitability. Either way these are cash resources injected into the club but the classification is different. Perhaps they wanted some interest income instead of dividends which is why they went via debt. Normally interest payments have less expensive funding cost than dividends.

The Abramovich analogy is to demonstrate that demands for owners to pump in money is very high and only a select few could continually do so.

Here’s the crux of the matter. We could fund player acquisition via loans but that is potentially going down the route of H&G where our books are laden with debt. With a bigger stand, we’d still receive higher matchday income which is much better than acquiring a player that is depreciated over his contract. If we get the wrong player and results don’t go our way, that’s an even worse outcome. Therefore, funding player with debt usually does not make sense. It may sound all foreign as this is off the pitch football business. All I can say is that FSG ain’t running the club to the ground, with the exception of our discomfort that they aren’t continually buying players for our joy and happiness.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27165: Mar 03, 2021 03:55:26 pm

I haven’t implied anything - it’s simple , the owners provided money for the stadium to be built up and so far the club have paid £10mil back of that money.

What are you struggling with 🤷‍♂️

As I said fuckwit you stated LFC had repaid  ÂŁ10m of the loan and you implied FSG weren't concerned about receiving the remainder, again where are the terms of contract that confirm your bullshit.
      These are astute businessmen who have demonstrated their ruthlessness, is JWH on medication?
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2021 07:12:19 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27166: Mar 03, 2021 04:00:25 pm
      Looking at what a dollar is used for, players are depreciating assets, whereas a new stands receives higher revenue forever. The only difference to us fans is we obtain more joy seeing us win than seeing more fans getting through Anfield’s turnstiles. That addresses the use of funds.

Mode of funding now lies between pumping in money as equity or debt. For debt, the club pays an interest while for equity dividend payment may or may not be paid depending on the club’s profitability. Either way these are cash resources injected into the club but the classification is different. Perhaps they wanted some interest income instead of dividends which is why they went via debt. Normally interest payments have less expensive funding cost than dividends.

The Abramovich analogy is to demonstrate that demands for owners to pump in money is very high and only a select few could continually do so.

Here’s the crux of the matter. We could fund player acquisition via loans but that is potentially going down the route of H&G where our books are laden with debt. With a bigger stand, we’d still receive higher matchday income which is much better than acquiring a player that is depreciated over his contract. If we get the wrong player and results don’t go our way, that’s an even worse outcome. Therefore, funding player with debt usually does not make sense. It may sound all foreign as this is off the pitch football business. All I can say is that FSG ain’t running the club to the ground, with the exception of our discomfort that they aren’t continually buying players for our joy and happiness.

Abramovic has no context with LFC and it is puzzling why you continually use him as a point of reference.
      FSG aren't buying players full stop.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #27167: Mar 03, 2021 04:08:13 pm
      Abramovic has no context with LFC and it is puzzling why you continually use him as a point of reference.
      FSG aren't buying players full stop.

Just for added clarification, some of us have demanded or wished that FSG pumps in money for player acquisition. Extra money outside of a sell to buy policy. This is akin to City and what Abramovich used to do.

Reality is we have a sell to buy policy and wishing for such owners is not going to happen as you have rightly pointed out.

They are still buying players - not in City or Abramovich style, but by way of balancing the books.

We can judge, lament, like or dislike. But it is what it is. In my opinion, they have not mismanaged the club. Player acquisition could be better handled. But they haven’t done anything terrible to the club in overall aspects either.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27168: Mar 03, 2021 04:15:07 pm
      As I said fuckwit you stated LFC had repaid  ÂŁ10m of the loan and you implied they weren't concerned about receiving the remainder, again where are the terms of contract that confirm your bullshit.
      These are astute businessmen who have demonstrated their ruthlessness, is JWH on medication?

Again I’m not sure what your issue is ?

Yes the club have only paid back ÂŁ10mil of the money and that’s it 🤷‍♂️

What’s the problem
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27169: Mar 03, 2021 05:20:07 pm

Again I’m not sure what your issue is ?

Yes the club have only paid back ÂŁ10mil of the money and that’s it 🤷‍♂️

What’s the problem

The problem is you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27170: Mar 03, 2021 05:24:10 pm

The owners loaned the money the club to build up the stadium - right now the club have paid a total of ÂŁ10mil back with the owners not pushing for any further money to be paid back . You can try and twist whatever you want - they gave money to the club to use.

For the attention of fuckwit who apparently has no idea what he posts.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27171: Mar 03, 2021 05:48:07 pm
      Just for added clarification, some of us have demanded or wished that FSG pumps in money for player acquisition. Extra money outside of a sell to buy policy. This is akin to City and what Abramovich used to do.

No this is what most clubs do.

You're picking the two extremes which is City and Chelsea.

Are Aston Villa, Wolves, Spurs, Leicester, Man United (I rank them with City and Chels), Everton etc running on a sell to buy policy?

No.

We seem to be operating on a Newcastle, Mike Ashley, policy.

The difference between us and them is Newcastle didn't sign Klopp.

JĂźrgen Klopp was the reason we were able to build that stand. Without our success we never would have had the owners LOAN us the money to build a stand.

Again, look who they went out and signed when we were having a defensive crisis and to make matters worse they forced us to part ways with a striker in the middle of a goal scoring crisis to bring in the defenders.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #27172: Mar 03, 2021 05:54:49 pm
      You lot still going over all this??  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27173: Mar 03, 2021 05:56:03 pm
      For the attention of fuckwit who apparently has no idea what he posts.

Again what’s the issue 🤷‍♂️

What is it you have a problem with 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27174: Mar 03, 2021 05:58:30 pm
      No this is what most clubs do.

You're picking the two extremes which is City and Chelsea.

Are Aston Villa, Wolves, Spurs, Leicester, Man United (I rank them with City and Chels), Everton etc running on a sell to buy policy?

No.

We seem to be operating on a Newcastle, Mike Ashley, policy.

The difference between us and them is Newcastle didn't sign Klopp.

JĂźrgen Klopp was the reason we were able to build that stand. Without our success we never would have had the owners LOAN us the money to build a stand.

Again, look who they went out and signed when we were having a defensive crisis and to make matters worse they forced us to part ways with a striker in the middle of a goal scoring crisis to bring in the defenders.

All those clubs you mention will have to comply with FFP rules

Some are getting loans from owners , some loans from banks

UTD for example spend the huge profits from commercial income

Is there any point attempting to explain to you ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27175: Mar 03, 2021 06:04:41 pm
      You lot still going over all this??  ;D

Something pass the time  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27176: Mar 03, 2021 07:26:32 pm
      Again what’s the issue 🤷‍♂️

What is it you have a problem with 🤷‍♂️

IF FSG CAN SUPPOSEDLY ‘FORGET’ ABOUT £XXXm REPAID OFF THE LOAN WHY CANT THEY LEND LFC THE MONIES TO RESCUE OUR SEASON
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27177: Mar 03, 2021 07:40:33 pm
      IF FSG CAN SUPPOSEDLY ‘FORGET’ ABOUT £XXXm REPAID OFF THE LOAN WHY CANT THEY LEND LFC THE MONIES TO RESCUE OUR SEASON

FFP 🤦‍♂️

Money can go towards building stadiums etc not buying players 🤦‍♂️
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27178: Mar 03, 2021 08:35:06 pm

FFP 🤦‍♂️

:lmao::f_tongueincheek: >:D :f_doh: >:D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #27179: Mar 04, 2021 11:54:20 am

All those clubs you mention will have to comply with FFP rules

Some are getting loans from owners , some loans from banks

UTD for example spend the huge profits from commercial income

Is there any point attempting to explain to you ?

And they will still have to balance the books. One player in, another out due to player registration.

How much money does Mike Edwards lose from player swaps/balancing the books? Less than other clubs because he's a genius. Oh low net spend then. Damn the owners. They're selling to buy. They put in nothing.

And damn the owners as well, if we allow players to leave for next to nothing. Surely they must have the brains to recoup some of our cost if a player were allowed to leave.

Damned if you balance the books well, damned as well if you don't.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #27180: Mar 04, 2021 11:57:59 am
      General question.

What is an acceptable amount for the owners to allocate and fork out annually for player acquisition? Net of player sales. I keep hearing they ain't putting in their own money for player acquisitions.

Extremes may be ÂŁ1 to maybe City's ÂŁ50-100m budget. But I'd like to hear what a reasonable number is in terms of annual commitment for fans today. Net spend amount after netting off player sales.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27181: Mar 04, 2021 12:40:24 pm
      General question.

What is an acceptable amount for the owners to allocate and fork out annually for player acquisition? Net of player sales. I keep hearing they ain't putting in their own money for player acquisitions.

Extremes may be ÂŁ1 to maybe City's ÂŁ50-100m budget. But I'd like to hear what a reasonable number is in terms of annual commitment for fans today. Net spend amount after netting off player sales.

For me the amount of spend is irrelevant -

It doesn’t matter if we spend £1 or £100mil gross or net or whatever

The main aim for the club is that they work with the manager and provide him the players that he thinks he needs to succeed regardless of the cost of that player and obviously within the financial constraints of the club

As long whatever profit or surplus is made available for player purchases then that’s all the owners/club can do

Unfortunately since the arrival of Abramovich as well as football manager games a lot of people are focused on the spending numbers

They don’t care that we got VVD , Alisson and Fabinho into the club - they only care that it was a net spend of X amount

It seems there are people and imo the newer generation of fan who just want the club to spend money in the same ways as others

They want to see ÂŁ100mil spent regardless of what players arrive
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27182: Mar 04, 2021 01:52:38 pm

The main aim for the club is that they work with the manager and provide him the players that he thinks he needs to succeed regardless of the cost of that player and obviously within the financial constraints of the club

And you think they done this in January?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27183: Mar 04, 2021 01:58:06 pm
      And you think they done this in January?

“Within the financial constraints of the club”
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27184: Mar 04, 2021 02:33:27 pm

FFP 🤦‍♂️

Can I just ask... once the new stadia/ stands are built & the extra income they generate, does all that generated income go towards new players or does part of it pay all the club staff wages..?
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #27185: Mar 04, 2021 02:38:21 pm
      Can I just ask... once the new stadia/ stands are built & the extra income they generate, does all that generated income go towards new players or does part of it pay all the club staff wages..?

All club revenue goes towards the running of the club doesn’t it?

Hopefully it will just mean more revenue, more funds for the squad

Quick Reply