Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643717 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27232: Mar 08, 2021 11:55:07 pm
      Out of interest, which club has owners you actually like?
      For me, United is a no. City no. Chelsea no. Arsenal no. Spurs no. Newcastle no.
      I donā€™t know the others well enough to judge.

Do we have to like them though? Their job is to sign the Cheques as a great man said once upon a time.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27233: Mar 09, 2021 01:45:27 am
      For me, United is a no. City no. Chelsea no. Arsenal no. Spurs no. Newcastle no.

Don't care about "liking", but i have posed the question before about who it is people prefer would rather own us which conveniently goes ignored. One genius did mention Bayern as some kind of elite model, only to be that their net spend is less than 5M more per season than us on average. Oops.

Obviously that should not matter as net spend is such a flawed "metric" that it is almost irrelevant.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27234: Mar 09, 2021 06:55:32 am

Ah the Anfield Talk - the same Twitter account that used links to the S*n
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27235: Mar 09, 2021 07:01:15 am

Letā€™s be honest

For years people turned their nose up towards owners who just spent their own money - it was ā€œbuying the leagueā€ etc etc or owners who loaned money ā€œputting the club in dangerā€

But thatā€™s what some people want to see now

They just want to see the owners spend their own money or take out loans - thatā€™s all that matters to some now , spending money

Ā£1bn has been spent on players since they arrived ! , Ā£500mil since Klopp arrived

People expect money to be plucked out of the air to be spent

Itā€™s embarrassing to see fans act like spotty teenagers playing football manager
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27236: Mar 09, 2021 07:53:15 am

Letā€™s be honest

For years people turned their nose up towards owners who just spent their own money - it was ā€œbuying the leagueā€ etc etc or owners who loaned money ā€œputting the club in dangerā€

They just want to see the owners spend their own money or take out loans - thatā€™s all that matters to some now , spending money

Ā£1bn has been spent on players since they arrived ! , Ā£500mil since Klopp arrived

Itā€™s embarrassing to see fans act like spotty teenagers playing football manager

Rubbish,who has said that?All i can see from the posts is fans that want us to be competitive in the market,it's alright to find little jems for bargains but not nearly all the time,we are Liverpool fc not some tin pot mid table team,so stop sucking them off and talking sh*t with this JĆ¼rgen has spent Ā£500m because the club have recouped nearly Ā£400m because JĆ¼rgen is an elite manager and he and his back room team has developed players into good/world class ones.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27237: Mar 09, 2021 08:37:26 am
      Rubbish,who has said that?All i can see from the posts is fans that want us to be competitive in the market,it's alright to find little jems for bargains but not nearly all the time,we are Liverpool fc not some tin pot mid table team,so stop sucking them off and talking sh*t with this JĆ¼rgen has spent Ā£500m because the club have recouped nearly Ā£400m because JĆ¼rgen is an elite manager and he and his back room team has developed players into good/world class ones.

:mad:

The club spend the money it makes

Where do you expect the extra money to come from and which of these players were ā€œlittle gemsā€

Alisson
      VVD
      Fabinho
      Thiago
      Jota
      Mane
      Salah
      Firmino
      Keita

None of them were cheap or little gems

Which ā€œmarketā€ do you think we are not competitive in ? Which team has made ā€œbetterā€ signings over the past 5 years

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27238: Mar 09, 2021 09:12:43 am
      Don't care about "liking", but i have posed the question before about who it is people prefer would rather own us which conveniently goes ignored. One genius did mention Bayern as some kind of elite model, only to be that their net spend is less than 5M more per season than us on average. Oops.

Bayern don't need to have a massive net spend when they buy most of the best players in Germany from other teams when their contracts are up.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27239: Mar 09, 2021 09:56:02 am
      Bayern don't need to have a massive net spend when they buy most of the best players in Germany from other teams when their contracts are up.

They certainly seem to manage to pick up the freebie very week or at least grab players with release clauses

Over the years they have managed to get some steals

Hummels , Goretzka  , Lewondonski etc

Their spending levels are very similar to ours overall
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27240: Mar 09, 2021 10:15:52 am
      Double edge sword, is how I see being owners of a football club, we are not City, or PSG, or Chavvy Chelsea, we are Liverpool football club, and our owners being business men are running the club like a business, they wonā€™t Chuck money at us hand over fist because that simply isnā€™t going to work long term, I donā€™t know figures but it would be interesting finding out exactly how much money Abramovich has spunked over the years at Chav land, the Shaky sheikhā€™s at City are relatively new at buying their success and have been under scrutiny with the FFP sh*t,
      How many Millions has the Glazer lot spurted over the years at Scumchester ?

John W Henry, FSG, NESV, employed JĆ¼rgen Klopp because he can and has obtained success with a fraction of the budget those above have squandered, and that is not a bad thing least not for the health and well being of Liverpool FC, they have backed JĆ¼rgen when he has needed it, until recently, when a global pandemic has wiped out a very large slice of revenue, money which would go straight back in to allowing further investment in players, so the goalposts have shifted if you pardon the pun,

So what now ?
      Believe it or not, if the pandemic hadnā€™t happened I think JĆ¼rgen would have wanted to strengthen this summer, and I mean huge, not just one or two boosts, Iā€™m talking about mega millions and a serious overhaul, but it ainā€™t gonna happen this summer now thatā€™s for sure, what he will want though is perhaps 3,4 or 5 high quality individuals, letā€™s call them stage one of a rebuild, to arrive before August, where the monies come from he will have no idea, well he might but, it wonā€™t be from ticket sales will it, so now that the goalposts have shifted it may force FSG to loan or dig deep into their own coffers,

I say that because I still believe FSG are here long term, so contributing out of their own resources will do them no harm, before covid I believe they were preparing for some major investor to join their ranks and with them a major injection of cash,  canā€™t remember the fellas name Billy something or other, anyhoo he is  mega wealthy apparently so monies would have been made available for transfers.

I donā€™t think we have bad owners, they are running us the way they said they would, we are not in debt, we spend what we earn and they have plans for further expansion to Anfield, aka the Annie Rd end, they are looking at bringing in new investors, with money to burn, and apart from this unprecedented season we are winning Titles & European Cups, what is there not to like, it could far worse, we could have Mike Ashley, or those Dipshits at Arsenal, or worse yet the f***in Glazers and their out of depth manager,

I think back to the H & G nightmare and wonder where we would have ended up had they still been at the helm, looking forward maybe to a play off spot in the Championship?

Careful what you wish for is all Iā€™m saying and be grateful for what you have, cos it ainā€™t too bad is it ?

Y  N  W  A
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27241: Mar 09, 2021 11:12:33 am
      Double edge sword, is how I see being owners of a football club, we are not City, or PSG, or Chavvy Chelsea, we are Liverpool football club, and our owners being business men are running the club like a business, they wonā€™t Chuck money at us hand over fist because that simply isnā€™t going to work long term, I donā€™t know figures but it would be interesting finding out exactly how much money Abramovich has spunked over the years at Chav land, the Shaky sheikhā€™s at City are relatively new at buying their success and have been under scrutiny with the FFP sh*t,
      How many Millions has the Glazer lot spurted over the years at Scumchester ?

John W Henry, FSG, NESV, employed JĆ¼rgen Klopp because he can and has obtained success with a fraction of the budget those above have squandered, and that is not a bad thing least not for the health and well being of Liverpool FC, they have backed JĆ¼rgen when he has needed it, until recently, when a global pandemic has wiped out a very large slice of revenue, money which would go straight back in to allowing further investment in players, so the goalposts have shifted if you pardon the pun,

So what now ?
      Believe it or not, if the pandemic hadnā€™t happened I think JĆ¼rgen would have wanted to strengthen this summer, and I mean huge, not just one or two boosts, Iā€™m talking about mega millions and a serious overhaul, but it ainā€™t gonna happen this summer now thatā€™s for sure, what he will want though is perhaps 3,4 or 5 high quality individuals, letā€™s call them stage one of a rebuild, to arrive before August, where the monies come from he will have no idea, well he might but, it wonā€™t be from ticket sales will it, so now that the goalposts have shifted it may force FSG to loan or dig deep into their own coffers,

I say that because I still believe FSG are here long term, so contributing out of their own resources will do them no harm, before covid I believe they were preparing for some major investor to join their ranks and with them a major injection of cash,  canā€™t remember the fellas name Billy something or other, anyhoo he is  mega wealthy apparently so monies would have been made available for transfers.

I donā€™t think we have bad owners, they are running us the way they said they would, we are not in debt, we spend what we earn and they have plans for further expansion to Anfield, aka the Annie Rd end, they are looking at bringing in new investors, with money to burn, and apart from this unprecedented season we are winning Titles & European Cups, what is there not to like, it could far worse, we could have Mike Ashley, or those Dipshits at Arsenal, or worse yet the f***in Glazers and their out of depth manager,

I think back to the H & G nightmare and wonder where we would have ended up had they still been at the helm, looking forward maybe to a play off spot in the Championship?

Careful what you wish for is all Iā€™m saying and be grateful for what you have, cos it ainā€™t too bad is it ?

Y  N  W  A

Good post

Covid has affected the club a lot more than others - we would be looking at over Ā£100mil plus each year to be able to spend and that doesnā€™t include any money from a player being sold

I still think the manager will have some money to spend this summer - wonā€™t be wholesale changes , a CB coming in , someone like Ben White who they appear to really like and a replacement for Gini , plus someone to replace Origi

3 signings max

And itā€™s not going to be the likes of Mbappe or Haaland
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #27242: Mar 09, 2021 11:37:43 am
      https://mobile.twitter.com/mochatra/status/1369047399361110017?prefetchtimestamp=1615289713054

This guy does a lot of analysis on our finances itā€™s always an in depth insight. Had funds in 2019 to spend but chose not too...
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27243: Mar 09, 2021 11:47:51 am
      https://mobile.twitter.com/mochatra/status/1369047399361110017?prefetchtimestamp=1615289713054

This guy does a lot of analysis on our finances itā€™s always an in depth insight. Had funds in 2019 to spend but chose not too...

When I mentioned this as part of the reason for our squad crisis this year I got sacrificed in here.

I even have a green label on my posts saying "being watched" or something but I haven't seen that label on the poster who called Arabs "rag heads" then tried to justify it by saying it's an "old school" phrase and isn't "politically correct" 😂😂
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #27244: Mar 09, 2021 12:11:09 pm

Letā€™s be honest

Does the simulation game give the football manager spending money for transfers out of the owners pockets? This could be a reason why fans think itā€™s a given that owners continually find and pump in money for the managers to buy more ā€œtoysā€.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27245: Mar 09, 2021 01:02:43 pm
      Does the simulation game give the football manager spending money for transfers out of the owners pockets? This could be a reason why fans think itā€™s a given that owners continually find and pump in money for the managers to buy more ā€œtoysā€.

I believe it used to have some editing where you can increase the money from the owners 😁
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27246: Mar 09, 2021 01:14:20 pm
      :mad:

The club spend the money it makes

Where do you expect the extra money to come from and which of these players were ā€œlittle gemsā€

Alisson
      VVD
      Fabinho
      Thiago
      Jota
      Mane
      Salah
      Firmino
      Keita

None of them were cheap or little gems

Which ā€œmarketā€ do you think we are not competitive in ? Which team has made ā€œbetterā€ signings over the past 5 years

Mane and Salah certainly are with what we spent on them,as for Ally and VVD had Coutinho stayed FSG would never have forked out all that money for them!The truth is the owners had money available and chose not to spend it,have you always sucked up to FSG or is it because of our recent success?99% of that success is down to Edwards,JĆ¼rgen and the team. JĆ¼rgen is a world class manager and has these owners tying his hands behind his back,that January window was a disgrace,i don't think JĆ¼rgen got our 3rd or 4th choice CB'S in and look what has happened?Kabak is nowhere near ready for PL football and may never be,as for Davies what has happened to him or is that a 25 year old that one for the future with potential?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #27247: Mar 09, 2021 01:44:52 pm
      To stay competitive we need to spend a minimum of Ā£100 to Ā£150 million every Summer window.

I can't see that happening under the current owners unless we sell one of our "big" players this Summer.

First of our big players to sell for me is Bobby if we get a good offer. Although I suspect Mo will go first as there will be bigger interest for bigger money.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27248: Mar 09, 2021 01:58:26 pm
      To stay competitive we need to spend a minimum of Ā£100 to Ā£150 million every Summer window.

I can't see that happening under the current owners unless we sell one of our "big" players this Summer.

First of our big players to sell for me is Bobby if we get a good offer. Although I suspect Mo will go first as there will be bigger interest for bigger money.

We can spend that level of money when match day revenues are restored along with the shirt sales money
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27249: Mar 09, 2021 02:03:54 pm
      We can spend that level of money when match day revenues are restored along with the shirt sales money

Hopefully the owners will give the club a loan to strengthen the team & reclaim monies back once fans are back in the ground... itā€™s a shame we donā€™t have a 75,000 capacity stadium because the demand for tickets is going to be phenomenal..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27250: Mar 09, 2021 02:18:08 pm
      Hopefully the owners will give the club a loan to strengthen the team & reclaim monies back once fans are back in the ground... itā€™s a shame we donā€™t have a 75,000 capacity stadium because the demand for tickets is going to be phenomenal..

I have no doubt they will be looking at options

The percentage of shirt sales could be a big bonus with the club getting a bigger share of the sales with the Nike deal

The stadium will always sell out so when the rest of the stands get redeveloped the matchday income will hit Ā£150mil a year
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27251: Mar 09, 2021 02:46:23 pm

You believe they'll spend that amount of money?? Really?

We won the Champions League and finished second in the prem and bought no one!

The reason wasn't "we have the perfect squad". JĆ¼rgen explicitly said "we have bills to pay".

Now we have the biggest bill of all (covid) and you think they're considering Ā£150 mil of transfers?

Forget that you don't like me, just for a second ;D, and respond to my question and point (if you want to)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27252: Mar 09, 2021 02:52:58 pm
      You believe they'll spend that amount of money?? Really?

We won the Champions League and finished second in the prem and bought no one!

The reason wasn't "we have the perfect squad". JĆ¼rgen explicitly said "we have bills to pay".

Now we have the biggest bill of all (covid) and you think they're considering Ā£150 mil of transfers?

Forget that you don't like me, just for a second ;D, and respond to my question and point (if you want to)

Yes they will spend that level of money if itā€™s what is required to bring in the players that Edwards and Klopp want.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27253: Mar 09, 2021 03:51:40 pm

Yes they will spend that level of money if itā€™s what is required to bring in the players that Edwards and Klopp want.

Even if they don't have that much money? Even if it plunges the club seriously into debt?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27254: Mar 09, 2021 04:22:09 pm

We live in hope is all I will say.

🤞

Quick Reply