Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642575 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27255: Mar 09, 2021 04:23:23 pm

Yes they will spend that level of money if it’s what is required to bring in the players that Edwards and Klopp want.

Kind of, what will actually happen is that if a certain player or players became available and JĂźrgen thinks they will suit his system/philosophy the monies to obtain those targets will be made available, this coming summer I believe Klopp wanted a bit of a clear out, refresh things a bit by bringing in younger elements to the squad, alas that will be put on the back burner until next season, so to that end we might, might only see 2/3 new faces.

Y  N  W  A

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27256: Mar 09, 2021 04:23:38 pm
      Even if they don't have that much money? Even if it plunges the club seriously into debt?

🤦‍♂️

Read the context of the last few posts

The question was would the club spend ÂŁ150mil when the money is there to spend

No they won’t put the club into serious debt
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27257: Mar 09, 2021 04:30:05 pm

Kind of, what will actually happen is that if a certain player or players became available and JĂźrgen thinks they will suit his system/philosophy the monies to obtain those targets will be made available, this coming summer I believe Klopp wanted a bit of a clear out, refresh things a bit by bringing in younger elements to the squad, alas that will be put on the back burner until next season, so to that end we might, might only see 2/3 new faces.

Y  N  W  A

I think what is clear over the last 5 years is Klopp and Edwards are very clear in their minds what players they want and it’s irrelevant of their price tag

I know a lot of fans scratched their heads when we signed Gini or Mane or even Salah and also players like Robbo

They aren’t bothered by the price tag and don’t care if they player is £1mil or £100mil - it’s a shame some fans just look at the price tag

2/3 players I can see arriving this summer but I wouldn’t even start guessing at the names - last summer it was all about Werner - yet Jota arrived
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27258: Mar 09, 2021 04:39:11 pm

I think what is clear over the last 5 years is Klopp and Edwards are very clear in their minds what players they want and it’s irrelevant of their price tag

I know a lot of fans scratched their heads when we signed Gini or Mane or even Salah and also players like Robbo

They aren’t bothered by the price tag and don’t care if they player is £1mil or £100mil - it’s a shame some fans just look at the price tag

2/3 players I can see arriving this summer but I wouldn’t even start guessing at the names - last summer it was all about Werner - yet Jota arrived

All we ask is JK gets the players HE wants, regardless of the price tag as you said. If he gets players he didn’t want is when the trouble starts...

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27259: Mar 09, 2021 05:06:01 pm

Y  N  W  A

Right now mate the idea that JĂźrgen will be allowed to sign anyone does seem remote, in the context of last summer, last season, this summer, next season whatever.

There is an implication of the owner's refusal to strengthen on the success  of last season, their refusal to accommodate the manager's request this season for back-up, no comment whatever about the current dilemma, all these negative signs not only "imply" but act as proof that FSG are only interested in the market value of LFC.

There seems to be no indication of looming disaster that will persuade our owners to take action, although their lack of soccer knowledge does give cause for concern as to what is coming next!
      That said Billy any talk of optimism concerning signings does seem way off the mark, going by previous experience you understand.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27260: Mar 09, 2021 05:43:54 pm
      Right now mate the idea that JĂźrgen will be allowed to sign anyone does seem remote, in the context of last summer, last season, this summer, next season whatever.

[b[There is an implication of the owner's refusal to strengthen on the success  of last season, their refusal to accommodate the manager's request this season for back-up, no comment whatever about the current dilemma, all these negative signs not only "imply" but act as proof that FSG are only interested in the market value of LFC.[/b]

There seems to be no indication of looming disaster that will persuade our owners to take action, although their lack of soccer knowledge does give cause for concern as to what is coming next!
      That said Billy any talk of optimism concerning signings does seem way off the mark, going by previous experience you understand.

The club signed three players in the summer after winning the title - Jota , Thiago and Tsimikas

Is that not strengthening the team after winning 🤷‍♂️ - did you miss those players arriving or just refusing to believe that it happened as it doesn’t fit in with your agenda

When did anyone “refuse” the managers request - can you finally provide some proof that the owners “refused” anything

Are you not being critical about them because they haven’t said anything ? What would you like them to say

I’m really to understand if you are just on a big wind up - surely someone who looks back over the last ten years can see how much the club has improved ? Or are you that blind in your hatred towards them.

Who would you like to buy the club - pick any owner within the premier league - which one is your idea owner from all the clubs
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27261: Mar 09, 2021 05:51:33 pm
      I definitely wonder if Kostas Tsimikas is a Klopp choice. How many minutes has he had since joining?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27262: Mar 09, 2021 05:54:48 pm

The club signed three players in the summer after winning the title - Jota , Thiago and Tsimikas

Is that not strengthening the team after winning 🤷‍♂️ - did you miss those players arriving or just refusing to believe that it happened as it doesn’t fit in with your agenda

When did anyone “refuse” the managers request - can you finally provide some proof that the owners “refused” anything

Are you not being critical about them because they haven’t said anything ? What would you like them to say

I’m really to understand if you are just on a big wind up - surely someone who looks back over the last ten years can see how much the club has improved ? Or are you that blind in your hatred towards them.

Who would you like to buy the club - pick any owner within the premier league - which one is your idea owner from all the clubs

Yet more F***ing drivel.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27263: Mar 09, 2021 05:58:20 pm
      I definitely wonder if Kostas Tsimikas is a Klopp choice. How many minutes has he had since joining?

Got injured and then Covid - a few guys suspect he is one that has suffered from long Covid and struggled with fitness since
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27264: Mar 09, 2021 05:59:43 pm

And once more a deflection - surprised there wasn’t a Latin phrase in there to give the perception of being clever 🙄

One day you might actually answer points that challenge your “belief”
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27265: Mar 09, 2021 07:10:10 pm
      Good post

Covid has affected the club a lot more than others - we would be looking at over £100mil plus each year to be able to spend and that doesn’t include any money from a player being sold

I still think the manager will have some money to spend this summer - won’t be wholesale changes , a CB coming in , someone like Ben White who they appear to really like and a replacement for Gini , plus someone to replace Origi

3 signings max

And it’s not going to be the likes of Mbappe or Haaland

A ÂŁ100 million to spend without selling if it hadn't been for covid? I doubt the very much mate. More likely a ÂŁ40 million net spend at best.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27266: Mar 09, 2021 07:26:47 pm
      A ÂŁ100 million to spend without selling if it hadn't been for covid? I doubt the very much mate. More likely a ÂŁ40 million net spend at best.

You would be surprised, we were due to get around ÂŁ90mil in match day revenues over the season , add in the shirt sales increased revenue would have seen the coffers boosted
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27267: Mar 09, 2021 07:35:15 pm

You would be surprised, we were due to get around ÂŁ90mil in match day revenues over the season , add in the shirt sales increased revenue would have seen the coffers boosted

Sure, but as you say the squad changes will take place over a few seasons, so I don't see FSG sanctioning a huge outlay season on season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27268: Mar 09, 2021 07:37:55 pm
      Sure, but as you say the squad changes will take place over a few seasons, so I don't see FSG sanctioning a huge outlay season on season.

I guess it depends on how the market is , the level of the squad , the needs etc

Im very confident that Edwards and Co will get what’s needed into the club - they won’t spend just because it’s there but the last 5 years has taught me to just them. It’s prob imo the best transfer team we have seen at the club for 35 years plus
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27269: Mar 09, 2021 07:39:54 pm
      And once more a deflection - surprised there wasn’t a Latin phrase in there to give the perception of being clever 🙄

One day you might actually answer points that challenge your “belief”

The irony, deflection!?!?

You ignore the recent F**k ups by the owners and highlight one incident which has been acknowledged numerous times and then attempt to gloss over your ignorance with a schoolgirl  taunt.
      Grow up ffs. 

Couldn't be arsed with your pointless rhetoric and  am not wasting any more brain cells on your inane comments.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27270: Mar 09, 2021 07:42:27 pm
      The irony, deflection!?!?

You ignore the recent f**k ups by the owners and highlight one incident which has been acknowledged numerous times and then attempt to gloss over your ignorance with a schoolgirl  taunt.
      Grow up ffs. 

Couldn't be arsed with your pointless rhetoric and  am not wasting any more brain cells on your inane comments.

What f**k up by the “owners”  ???

You said that the owners refused to strengthen on the success of last season - which is factually wrong as we brought in three players to strengthen the squad

Why do you keep posting false facts

And whenever I see you spouting bollocks I’ll keep challenging you until you actually provide something substantive to back it up into just waffling bullshit
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27271: Mar 09, 2021 11:05:56 pm

Yes they will spend that level of money if it’s what is required to bring in the players that Edwards and Klopp want.

What are you basing that theory on?FSG will never spend that money with no player sales.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27272: Mar 10, 2021 11:12:52 am
      What are you basing that theory on?FSG will never spend that money with no player sales.

The balloon is conveniently omitting a fact that he is fond of repeating :- "FSG will not used their own funds in the running of LFC", the very words of JWH in his Boston enclave as opposed to his earlier statement at Anfield when he said he would provide all the means to continue the success of this great club.

As with JWH he  uses convenient phrases to cope with inconvenient enquiries.

For the attention of the bullshitter -

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/JĂźrgen-klopp-liverpool-defender-transfer-23370437

For the record "Klopp told he cannot sign defender".
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2021 11:34:39 am by stuey »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27273: Mar 10, 2021 11:35:48 am

🤦‍♂️

Read the context of the last few posts

The question was would the club spend ÂŁ150mil when the money is there to spend

No they won’t put the club into serious debt

ah ok, yes if money is available for transfers then of course they'd spend it, why wouldn't they? I very much whether we have ÂŁ150m in the kitty though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27274: Mar 10, 2021 11:50:41 am
      The balloon is conveniently omitting a fact that he is fond of repeating :- "FSG will not used their own funds in the running of LFC", the very words of JWH in his Boston enclave as opposed to his earlier statement at Anfield when he said he would provide all the means to continue the success of this great club.

As with JWH he  uses convenient phrases to cope with inconvenient enquiries.

For the attention of the bullshitter -

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/JĂźrgen-klopp-liverpool-defender-transfer-23370437

For the record "Klopp told he cannot sign defender".

So the article says that no defenders will be signed yet we signed two 🤔

Everyone knows the way the transfers work within the club - it’s not new.

We aren’t a club that can just spend whenever they want - that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone

There will always be people within the club ensuring its financial stable

Must be a sad day when people go to the likes of the Mirror

Yes the owners will not spend their own money buying - we all know that and nothing has changed 🤷‍♂️

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27275: Mar 10, 2021 11:51:12 am
      ah ok, yes if money is available for transfers then of course they'd spend it, why wouldn't they? I very much whether we have ÂŁ150m in the kitty though.

Again it will depend on when the match day revenue improves
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27276: Mar 16, 2021 08:09:15 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27277: Mar 16, 2021 09:39:17 pm
      Lebron was already a minority stakeholder in FSG. So he's buying into a bigger share now?

Quick Reply