Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765581 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27646: Apr 23, 2021 01:16:20 pm
      "Fans" wanting to punish themselves for the owners mistake.

That's pretty f**king funny.

You couldn't make it up.  :lmao:
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27647: Apr 23, 2021 01:42:12 pm

What's so funny??the owners of our club have to be accountable and a mire fine would for me not suffice,what do you suggest?If we get a ban or points deduction then these owners will think twice about doing it again and there will be no forgiveness from the idiots on here who still back these owners.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27648: Apr 23, 2021 01:47:19 pm
      What's so funny??the owners of our club have to be accountable and a mire fine would for me not suffice,what do you suggest?If we get a ban or points deduction then these owners will think twice about doing it again and there will be no forgiveness from the idiots on here who still back these owners.

Oh do F**k off, with your self righteous, holier than thou bullshit.

The ONLY people that will suffer will be the fans.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27649: Apr 23, 2021 01:48:00 pm
      Just go back to your Manc forum you cretin.Your like a stalker on this forum,get a life.

He's been on here a lot F***ing longer than you have, and is a lot more respected.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27650: Apr 23, 2021 01:48:38 pm
      All premier league clubs signed contracts to join the PL and agree to all the T&C's,this would also be the case with European competition and now they would have signed for the ESL,so there will be repercussions of a financial nature,a possible ban and possibly points deduction,hopefully they will take the points off of this season points and LFC won't appeal it otherwise it will be suspended and taken from next season,I hope it's 20 points then Leicester will be top of the league instead of pep's cheating City and Arsenal would be fighting relegation.Did anyone see that dickhead Pep complaining about Stones being sent off against Villa,for me it was 2 red cards.

I just believe you think it is easier than it actually is to deduct points from clubs. I see a lot of journalists calling for it, wanting to get some kind of "revenge" but it is just bloodlust with little concern for practical considerations. No way in hell are clubs being deducted 20 points.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27651: Apr 23, 2021 01:52:32 pm

I mean we can tell you’re not very educated but you can’t just invoke or impose punishments unless legally something has been done wrong
      Time will tell on that but I would doubt it myself, especially domestically.

But as Swab says why we as fans want to punish ourselves when we have done nothing wrong is crazy to say the least.

They won’t do it again I’m fairly sure of that and if they were planning on it then a point deduction wouldn’t put them off now would it
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27652: Apr 23, 2021 01:57:43 pm
      I mean we can tell you’re not very educated but you can’t just invoke or impose punishments unless legally something has been done wrong

But as Swab says why we as fans want to punish ourselves when we have done nothing wrong is crazy to say the least.

They won’t do it again I’m fairly sure of that and if they were planning on it then a point deduction wouldn’t put them off now would it

It's the equivalent of the villagers getting the torches and pitchforks out, then burning their own houses down, and stabbing themselves in the head.

Honestly, it's so F***ing dumb, I can barely believe people are serious about it.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #27653: Apr 23, 2021 02:24:57 pm

Because he puts his hatred of FSG first and the team second. He rather see something he can add to the list of reasons he hates FSG.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,322 posts | 279 
      Reply #27654: Apr 23, 2021 02:41:07 pm
      :f_tongueincheek: statement maybe. However, chances are if bans are implemented it will probably be from next year. Wouldn't work this year because All six clubs evolved won't get European football for next season.

I sort of said that tongue in cheek meaning if we make top four no punishment, if we make Europa implement a ban as I don't want us in it 😎
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,322 posts | 279 
      Reply #27655: Apr 23, 2021 02:53:40 pm

I said it jokingly only if we don't make top four as I couldn't give a sh*te about Europa League I'd sooner avoid it completely plus it would be funny seeing City, Utd, Chelsea miss out when they've made it.
      I obviously want us to make top four and under no circumstances believe we should be banned.
      Not suggesting it but UEFA would sh*t themselves if the clubs that were involved in the ESL just threatened not to compete in future CLs if banned?
      It won't come to that but what's the CL without Barca, Real etc etc the PL bosses can F**k off they can't make people compete in other competitions besides they don't mind me forking out for Sky, BT and Amazon to watch my team, greedy hypocrites.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,322 posts | 279 
      Reply #27656: Apr 23, 2021 03:03:30 pm
      It wasn't long ago the PL wanted to play a 39th game in Dubai??? What utter greedy nonsense, They're not the hopeless victims they make out
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27657: Apr 23, 2021 03:12:02 pm
      He's been on here a lot f**king longer than you have, and is a lot more respected.

I don't give him time or credit whatsoever mate. I never respond to any of his messages. The only time I see them is in pop ups.  :lmao: Sounds like he's on the warpath again.  :lmao:

He's always had a hidden agenda with me. He thinks all scousers should hate mancs and all mancs hate scousers.

He's just a low life in society, gives genuine fans a bad name. As usual thank  you and many many others who always show your support when dickedds come on the forum.  :)
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #27658: Apr 23, 2021 03:16:46 pm
      It wasn't long ago the PL wanted to play a 39th game in Dubai??? What utter greedy nonsense, They're not the hopeless victims they make out

Agree. The leagues and UEFA are not the victims here, they are equally guilty with their mismanagement, greed and turning a blind eye to things like FFP.

This was a battle of greed vs greed.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27659: Apr 23, 2021 03:18:38 pm
      I sort of said that tongue in cheek meaning if we make top four no punishment, if we make Europa implement a ban as I don't want us in it 😎

Yeah I though so.  ;D I've said time and I've again the only time I like being in the Europa Cup stages is at the Q-Final stages   ;D It does get in the way of the Premier league and FA cup matches.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #27660: Apr 23, 2021 03:39:33 pm

What's more concerning are any effects this fiasco might have on the manager's roll at LFC, I don't think for a minute he will throw his resignation in but over the long term it is by no means an encouraging turn of events from his employers.

FSG have shown yet again their lack of any joined up knowledge or diplomacy in the game, on more than one occasion I have stated any success is down to Klopp and in spite of FSG; events would seem to consolidate that premise.

It really is unbelievable that their actions could be the reason Klopp exits the club.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #27661: Apr 23, 2021 04:05:56 pm
      Because he puts his hatred of FSG first and the team second. He rather see something he can add to the list of reasons he hates FSG.

Why do FSG fans imply that anyone who is not in their minority club has mental issues?

FSG have been forced on more than one occasion, to apologise for "mistakes"; mistakes that have involved supporters protests and widespread condemnation .
      Given this state of affairs any dissatisfaction with the owners is a long way from being an unreasonable reactionary impulse - i.e. hatred.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27662: Apr 23, 2021 05:23:09 pm
      I said it jokingly only if we don't make top four as I couldn't give a sh*te about Europa League I'd sooner avoid it completely plus it would be funny seeing City, Utd, Chelsea miss out when they've made it.
      I obviously want us to make top four and under no circumstances believe we should be banned.
      Not suggesting it but UEFA would sh*t themselves if the clubs that were involved in the ESL just threatened not to compete in future CLs if banned?
      It won't come to that but what's the CL without Barca, Real etc etc the PL bosses can F**k off they can't make people compete in other competitions besides they don't mind me forking out for Sky, BT and Amazon to watch my team, greedy hypocrites.

I know your posts were tongue in cheek mate.

There's a few who are absolutely serious though, which I find bizarre.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,234 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27663: Apr 23, 2021 06:06:51 pm
      Our owners have made us the hate figure in the English league
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 557 posts | 109 
      Reply #27664: Apr 23, 2021 06:31:33 pm
      Our owners have made us the hate figure in the English league

I think we've been that for a lot of opposition fans and certain sections of the media for a long time before FSG got involved.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,234 posts | 919 
      Reply #27665: Apr 23, 2021 06:44:36 pm
      I think we've been that for a lot of opposition fans and certain sections of the media for a long time before FSG got involved.

Media yes but we are or were many peoples second team
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,234 posts | 919 
      Reply #27666: Apr 23, 2021 07:41:15 pm
      Yeah I though so.  ;D I've said time and I've again the only time I like being in the Europa Cup stages is at the Q-Final stages   ;D It does get in the way of the Premier league and FA cup matches.

Agreed the early rounds are a pain in the arse but the latter games, remember Dortmund.....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,982 posts | 3421 
      Reply #27667: Apr 23, 2021 09:01:14 pm
      Jordan Henderson backs FSG to continue to do “good things” for Liverpool

Joanna Durkan
      23 April 2021

Jordan Henderson is under no doubt that Liverpool’s owners will continue to do “good things” for the club despite their latest own goal in the form of the fallen Super League.

The captain was at the heart of the Reds’ unified response to the breakaway league on Tuesday hours before its collapse which said in no uncertain terms how the players viewed the move.

Henderson had even organised a meeting of the league’s captains to address the situation in another show of fine leadership.

The same cannot be said of FSG who have come under significant fire since Sunday, but Henderson’s belief in the owners is unwavering as he acknowledged their failings in his official programme notes for Newcastle’s visit on Saturday.

“It has been an extraordinary week for football and for our club in particular,” Henderson penned. “This might be the strangest column I ever write in this programme, as being critical of my own employers isn’t something I do easily.

“Particularly as I am privileged to know the people involved on a personal level as well as a professional one.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Friday, April 26, 2019: Liverpool's owner John W. Henry and wife Linda Pizzuti during the FA Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Huddersfield Town AFC at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

“They have done good things for our club and I believe they will continue to do so. It’s important for me to state this at the beginning, even if it isn’t popular. It would be dishonest of me to say anything else.

“The best relationships you have in life are those that are built on honesty, so I cannot comment on this issue without saying what I think.

“It was a concept I didn’t like, didn’t support and didn’t want to see happen. I think it would have been bad for football. There has to be risk and reward in sport, otherwise what’s the point?

“There has to be jeopardy. You should earn your success. It was my biggest issue with the proposal and why as a player I was firmly against it.

“Again, in keeping with the need for honesty, as players we weren’t consulted beforehand and that was a mistake. As was the failure to engage with supporters. I understand and share the disappointment of our own fans and the wider football community for this failing.

“I’ve been brought up with the values that you try to fix these things from within where possible – the old cliché of not ‘airing dirty laundry in public’ – and as players that’s how we approached it when the news broke. The owners asked for our honest view and they got it.

A new mural of Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson lifting the Premier League trophy and former captain Alan Hansen lifting the league trophy by artist Paul Curtis on the gable end of a house on Old Barn Road in Anfield, Liverpool. (Peter Byrne/PA Wire/PA Images)

“It’s why as players we spoke with a collective voice on Tuesday night. This wasn’t an act of defiance – it was just us being honest and our ownership respected that.”

An apology did arrive through John Henry for the fans, Klopp and his players and like his manager, it was enough for Henderson who respects others may view FSG’s reign in a different light.

“It is good that Liverpool withdrew and the concept has collapsed,” Henderson continued. “That’s good for football. It’s also good that our owners, via John Henry, have apologised unreservedly.

“People can disagree with me saying this, but my opinion is that our owners have been good for Liverpool. If you have a problem with me saying that, fair enough and I respect that.

“But my opinion is built on my own first-hand experiences, from the enormously privileged position of being a player and captain of this football club.”

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/04/jordan-henderson-backs-fsg-to-continue-to-do-good-things-for-liverpool/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27668: Apr 23, 2021 11:21:12 pm

Its a shame that he owners keep giving the haters a list of reasons don't you think? They've made some poor decisions to be fair.

Quick Reply