Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643699 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27669: Apr 23, 2021 11:39:17 pm
      There is a lot of apparent wummery on the boards these days. I used to read here quite a bit a few years ago but now it seems as if half of the thoughtful posters have disappeared and you’re left with a core of die hard forumites, a sprinkling of Manc’s and the inimitable and infamous Heimdall.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27670: Apr 24, 2021 12:42:14 am
      As you were
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27671: Apr 24, 2021 12:57:44 am
      Its a shame that he owners keep giving the haters a list of reasons don't you think? They've made some poor decisions to be fair.

They sure have and they will again at some point in the future. Perfect owners don’t really exist.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27672: Apr 24, 2021 08:25:47 am
      Oh f**k off! You're pathetic! Not once have I believed you are a liverpool supporter.

Bit harsh on Jordan isn’t it ? He is allowed to give an opinion 🙄
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27673: Apr 24, 2021 11:06:03 am
      Just to say that if it is Europa League we qualify for, I hope we pursue the trophy with max effort. Of course the Champions League is preferred, but if Europa is where we finish, it seems kind of snobbish to decide we're above that. It's on the trophy wall for a reason. The run-in to the final in Switzerland a few years ago was electric.

I'd rather have a chance at that again than no Euro football at all.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27674: Apr 24, 2021 11:54:45 am
      It wasn't long ago the PL wanted to play a 39th game in Dubai??? What utter greedy nonsense, They're not the hopeless victims they make out

Yes had forgotten about that
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27675: Apr 24, 2021 12:23:47 pm

Media yes but we are or were many peoples second team

Don't be daft  :laugh:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27676: Apr 24, 2021 12:48:16 pm
      Bit harsh on Jordan isn’t it ? He is allowed to give an opinion 🙄

Very good John 👍
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27677: Apr 24, 2021 12:51:58 pm

John 🤷‍♂️
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27678: Apr 24, 2021 12:53:34 pm

You're smart, you'll figure it out!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27679: Apr 24, 2021 02:28:22 pm
      We got what we deserved, to be honest. If you don't take your chances, you don't win football matches.

Jermaine Jenas is a f**king melt.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2021 03:02:14 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27680: Apr 24, 2021 02:55:09 pm
      People still not accepting that not having the crowd behind them has made a massive difference to the team. Over 140 shot at Anfield for 4 goals according to BT.
      Now FSG should reflect on how important the "stakeholders" are to the team let alone the club. Team is clearly going to be very much better with Virgil, Joe and Jordan in it however it needs freshening up and the standard of player we need will mean major investment. Its going to be an interesting summer for the Club. Maybe FSG should be paying the Crowd to turn up.
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #27681: Apr 24, 2021 03:38:53 pm
      One good thing they have done is not bow down to Wijnaldum  wages his time is done as is a few others the 5yr cycle enough for some
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27682: Apr 24, 2021 04:22:14 pm
      People still not accepting that not having the crowd behind them has made a massive difference to the team. Over 140 shot at Anfield for 4 goals according to BT.
      Now FSG should reflect on how important the "stakeholders" are to the team let alone the club. Team is clearly going to be very much better with Virgil, Joe and Jordan in it however it needs freshening up and the standard of player we need will mean major investment. Its going to be an interesting summer for the Club. Maybe FSG should be paying the Crowd to turn up.

Just to say I hope you are doing well Walt! Good to see you back on the board.

We'll bounce back!
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27683: Apr 25, 2021 09:30:42 am
      One good thing they have done is not bow down to Wijnaldum  wages his time is done as is a few others the 5yr cycle enough for some

REALLY?Not giving an improved contract to a long servant who rarely gets injured and plays nearly every game,Gini's contract is 90K a week,that's 13th in the players wages,with players like Keita,Milly and the OX,who are not first team regulars all paid more.4 players are on double what Gini gates,would you be happy at work if people were paid double what you earn for doing the same job they do,FFS Firmino is on double who has been crap for the best part of two years.Jürgen rates Gini extremely highly and Gini has come out saying he wants to stay,Jürgen has sent lots of statements in his interviews stating he wants Gini to stay.

Here's the website with the players wages on,  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #27684: Apr 25, 2021 09:41:38 am
      Ox is 27 and signed 2 years ago before the bad injury , Firmino signed 3 years ago when he was also performing better,  Milner is short term and was due to no signing on fee . Gini is 30 now so completely different
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27685: Apr 25, 2021 09:57:04 am
      Ox is 27 and signed 2 years ago before the bad injury , Firmino signed 3 years ago when he was also performing better,  Milner is short term and was due to no signing on fee . Gini is 30 now so completely different

What a load of rubbish,Gini is 30 but he plays every week and hardly never gets injured,on the basis of you argument which one of the OX and Gini would you keep?By the way the OX signed the latest contract after his serious injury. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11791511/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-signs-new-liverpool-contract

Milly also signed a contract extension in 2019 for 3 years,this latest contract was nothing to do with his free transfer he signed in 2015.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27686: Apr 25, 2021 10:04:29 am
      So apparently FSG have knocked back an offer of around 3bn to sell up and do one? I wonder if their time is drawing near.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-liverpool-takeover-3bn-breaking-20458914
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #27687: Apr 25, 2021 10:07:47 am
      What a load of rubbish,Gini is 30 but he plays every week and hardly never gets injured,on the basis of you argument which one of the OX and Gini would you keep?By the way the OX signed the latest contract after his serious injury. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11791511/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-signs-new-liverpool-contract

Milly also signed a contract extension in 2019 for 3 years,this latest contract was nothing to do with his free transfer he signed in 2015.

My bad around timings point still stands around age ,length of contract and wage rise , Jota for example is on same as Wijnaldum do you think he is happy being on same as Gini with his current performances this season . You are entitled to your opinion as am I and he does not warrant the massive increase in wages and I can understand the owners worries about agreeing to this and also length of contract
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #27688: Apr 25, 2021 10:09:00 am

My bad around timings point still stands around age ,length of contract and wage rise , Jota for example is on same as Wijnaldum do you think he is happy being on same as Gini with his current performances this season . You are entitled to your opinion as am I and he does not warrant the massive increase in wages and I can understand the owners worries about agreeing to this and also length of contract . And around OX he also won't be in a position to demand the things that Gini is demanding when his contract talks come round again
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27689: Apr 25, 2021 10:55:54 am
      The old adage of action speaks louder than words never felt so appropriate
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #27690: Apr 25, 2021 12:28:39 pm
      REALLY?Not giving an improved contract to a long servant who rarely gets injured and plays nearly every game,Gini's contract is 90K a week,that's 13th in the players wages,with players like Keita,Milly and the OX,who are not first team regulars all paid more.4 players are on double what Gini gates,would you be happy at work if people were paid double what you earn for doing the same job they do,FFS Firmino is on double who has been crap for the best part of two years.Jürgen rates Gini extremely highly and Gini has come out saying he wants to stay,Jürgen has sent lots of statements in his interviews stating he wants Gini to stay.

Here's the website with the players wages on,  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

Is that true?  My god, I had a look through that link and it melted my brain.  Your argument goes double for Andy Robertson, based on those figures!
      Got to say it though, I look at what we're supposedly paying the top earners and I think Premier League football is such a fu**ed-up world.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27691: Apr 25, 2021 01:21:26 pm
      So apparently FSG have knocked back an offer of around 3bn to sell up and do one? I wonder if their time is drawing near.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-liverpool-takeover-3bn-breaking-20458914

The mancs owners the Glazers have said they will sell for £4bn so the price for LFC is reasonable.
      In relative terms of course but who would pay that kind of money is questionable. .
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2021 01:27:18 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply