Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643609 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27692: Apr 25, 2021 01:24:53 pm
      The mancs owners the Glazers have said they will sell for £4bn so the price for LFC is reasonable.

Over-inflated though
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27693: Apr 25, 2021 01:30:22 pm

Of course mate and have amended the comment to reflect the fact.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #27694: Apr 25, 2021 02:37:37 pm
      £3,000,000,000.

For that you get an aging team with possible Europa league football next season. You get an old stadium. And you get the ever uncertain risk of having no fans in stadiums because of covid mutations fears.

No time wasters.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27695: Apr 25, 2021 02:52:36 pm
      The mancs owners the Glazers have said they will sell for £4bn so the price for LFC is reasonable.
      In relative terms of course but who would pay that kind of money is questionable. .

I’d also wager that now the Glazers have stated 4bn, JWH and Co will be thinking a similar amount...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27696: Apr 25, 2021 02:56:06 pm
      £3,000,000,000.

For that you get an aging team with possible Europa league football next season. You get an old stadium. And you get the ever uncertain risk of having no fans in stadiums because of covid mutations fears.

No time wasters.

I’d also wager that now the Glazers have stated 4bn, JWH and Co will be thinking a similar amount...

They already have, the yanks have turned down three the cheeky cu*ts.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #27697: Apr 25, 2021 03:09:22 pm
      I want the US bas**rds gone. I want a Sheikh that gives us the money like City gets but respects the legacy and tradition of LFC. Of course first choice would be a buy-out from us fans or the city, but that ain't realistic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27698: Apr 25, 2021 03:14:23 pm
      I want the US bas**rds gone. I want a Sheikh that gives us the money like City gets but respects the legacy and tradition of LFC. Of course first choice would be a buy-out from us fans or the city, but that ain't realistic.

Which human rights infractions will you be happy with?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27699: Apr 25, 2021 03:20:06 pm
      Looks to me the only way is a fan based ownership, with an elected club president, such as The King at the helm. That really would be an extraordinary thing of beauty...
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27700: Apr 25, 2021 03:20:59 pm
      My bad around timings point still stands around age ,length of contract and wage rise , Jota for example is on same as Wijnaldum do you think he is happy being on same as Gini with his current performances this season . You are entitled to your opinion as am I and he does not warrant the massive increase in wages and I can understand the owners worries about agreeing to this and also length of contract . And around OX he also won't be in a position to demand the things that Gini is demanding when his contract talks come round again

Jota was signed as potential and played 24 games(8 being sub),Gini has been here for around 5 years and played 232 games and Jürgen rates him highly,we paid 25m for Thiago who was 29 (now 30) and is one of the highest earners at the club on around 200k per week and signed a four year contract hence he will be 33 when his contract is up!!and is only 5 months younger than Gini,so your argument doesn't add up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27701: Apr 25, 2021 03:23:56 pm
      Jota was signed as potential and played 24 games(8 being sub),Gini has been here for around 5 years and played 232 games and Jürgen rates him highly,we paid 25m for Thiago who was 29 (now 30) and is one of the highest earners at the club on around 200k per week and signed a four year contract hence he will be 33 when his contract is up!!and is only 5 months younger than Gini,so your argument doesn't add up.

Thiago is also a better player than Gini. What other F***ing argument would you like?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27702: Apr 25, 2021 03:24:30 pm
      Is that true?  My god, I had a look through that link and it melted my brain.  Your argument goes double for Andy Robertson, based on those figures!
      Got to say it though, I look at what we're supposedly paying the top earners and I think Premier League football is such a fu**ed-up world.

The figures are crazy for kicking a ball around but it's the fans that pay for it with their tv subs,buying merchandise and attending games,which hopefully will return sooner rather than later.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27703: Apr 25, 2021 03:27:06 pm
      The figures are crazy for kicking a ball around but it's the fans that pay for it with their tv subs,buying merchandise and attending games,which hopefully will return sooner rather than later.

Players wages have been astronomical since John Barnes asked for 10 grand back in 1992 and got thoroughly slagged during the semi-final against Portsmouth that season.

Want to blame anyone though, blame Jimmy Hill, he started all of this.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #27704: Apr 25, 2021 03:48:37 pm
      £3,000,000,000.

No time wasters.

I didnt know about the bid but i have to say that it was strange that FSG turned it down. You point out good reasons for why FSG should have sold. They could have made a huge profit and they could have claimed that they won everything with LFC. Strange decision by them imo.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #27705: Apr 25, 2021 03:54:44 pm

OK mate . Think Thiago pedigree , quality and success may have played a part and obviously the owners believe he his worth that whereas the owners believe Gini isn't which goes back to my original post until you started to bring other players into the argument so my argument does add up and I am with the owners as originally stated
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27706: Apr 25, 2021 04:16:12 pm
      £3,000,000,000.

No time wasters.

Are you a parody of someone or something 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27707: Apr 25, 2021 04:17:32 pm

How about the Saudi Royal Family ?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #27708: Apr 25, 2021 04:19:48 pm

what about them?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27709: Apr 25, 2021 04:21:00 pm
      REALLY?Not giving an improved contract to a long servant who rarely gets injured and plays nearly every game,Gini's contract is 90K a week,that's 13th in the players wages,with players like Keita,Milly and the OX,who are not first team regulars all paid more.4 players are on double what Gini gates,would you be happy at work if people were paid double what you earn for doing the same job they do,FFS Firmino is on double who has been crap for the best part of two years.Jürgen rates Gini extremely highly and Gini has come out saying he wants to stay,Jürgen has sent lots of statements in his interviews stating he wants Gini to stay.

Here's the website with the players wages on,  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

What’s also worth noting is that all the players wages have a lot of incentives to boost them up - the owners are very keen on performance related bonuses
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #27710: Apr 25, 2021 11:32:23 pm
      i was surprised when i heard today they turned down 3b.. overall they havn't been bad owners brought us a title and european cup.. made some mistakes the super league being the Biggest... so i can see why some fans want them gone cause traditions mean alot in this game.. however you got to be careful wishing them out  we could end up with a new owner like arsenals or the glazers...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27711: Apr 26, 2021 04:48:51 am

What’s also worth noting is that all the players wages have a lot of incentives to boost them up - the owners are very keen on performance related bonuses

Probably why our forwards are selfish..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27712: Apr 26, 2021 07:03:01 am
      however you got to be careful wishing them out  we could end up with a new owner like arsenals or the glazers...

I fail to see the difference with the three you mentioned, plus the three you missed out. Their all snakes and don't deserve loyal fans.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27713: Apr 26, 2021 04:17:18 pm
      OK mate . Think Thiago pedigree , quality and success may have played a part and obviously the owners believe he his worth that whereas the owners believe Gini isn't which goes back to my original post until you started to bring other players into the argument so my argument does add up and I am with the owners as originally stated

Gini has played 42 games so far this season(3 as sub) and scored 2 goals and no assists whilst Thiago has played 23 games(4 as sub)and has scored no goals and no assists.Gini deserves a new improved contract,if FSG replace Gini then that is at least 30m plus as well as big wages.Thiago has really been disappointing this season and for me doesn't deserve to start when Hendo and Fab are back in the midfield,could anyone tell me what Thiago brings to the team?he loses nearly every header,doesn't track players/back,can't tackle,can't score(has had 14 shots with 3 on target) and has no assists.I believe Jürgen will put Gini before Thiago on the teamsheet.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27714: Apr 26, 2021 04:31:31 pm
      Gini has played 42 games so far this season(3 as sub) and scored 2 goals and no assists whilst Thiago has played 23 games(4 as sub)and has scored no goals and no assists.Gini deserves a new improved contract,if FSG replace Gini then that is at least 30m plus as well as big wages.Thiago has really been disappointing this season and for me doesn't deserve to start when Hendo and Fab are back in the midfield,could anyone tell me what Thiago brings to the team?he loses nearly every header,doesn't track players/back,can't tackle,can't score(has had 14 shots with 3 on target) and has no assists.I believe Jürgen will put Gini before Thiago on the teamsheet.

Thing is with every signing we make as a club it tends to be made on stats

It may well be, and I’d imagine it is that Gini doesn’t perhaps deserve a new contract stats wise, it may be felt that we’ve pretty much burnt him out

I say that with what is wanted by both sides

Gini, this is his last contract and he will probably want a 4-5 year deal on more money, we may be willing to offer him more on a 2 year deal
      Gini may think that he needs that longer deal as he may be even further off stats wise 2 years down the line

What people need to understand is that it’s his job and that he will be looking long term

To be honest he’s been a great servant but actually it may well be pert of the natural refreshing of the team we need

I’ve read people say why is he captain at times?
      Well he was picked to be 3rd choice behind Hendo and Virg by the players so if he’s picked and those don’t play then even with the contract situation then he has to be captain
      It’s a squad harmony issue, it would cause more issues if he’s stripped of it, the players think of it and contracts far differently than we do

Of course Jürgen in a perfect world would want him to stay but if you asked him honestly on a 5 year deal? I’m not sure

As for Thiago. He’s quality, I think with a firing team he would look a completely different player, pre Everton away when Richardson did him he was starting to settle, and show his quality, Chelsea away and the derby he looked amazing

Personally I’d show patience with him

Quick Reply