Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643229 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27715: Apr 26, 2021 04:47:02 pm
      Gini has played 42 games so far this season(3 as sub) and scored 2 goals and no assists whilst Thiago has played 23 games(4 as sub)and has scored no goals and no assists.Gini deserves a new improved contract,if FSG replace Gini then that is at least 30m plus as well as big wages.Thiago has really been disappointing this season and for me doesn't deserve to start when Hendo and Fab are back in the midfield,could anyone tell me what Thiago brings to the team?he loses nearly every header,doesn't track players/back,can't tackle,can't score(has had 14 shots with 3 on target) and has no assists.I believe Jürgen will put Gini before Thiago on the teamsheet.

Gini has been offered a new contract - he just doors the like they contract offered to him. That’s fine , he can move on and the club will move on
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27716: Apr 26, 2021 04:58:18 pm
      Thing is with every signing we make as a club it tends to be made on stats

Correct, we are very data driven and have a data nerd team that is very good at what they do. It is with this data they determined Klopp's last season at Dortmund was an aberration and product of horrible luck and should have ended much higher in the table therefore it convinced them to go after him.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #27717: Apr 26, 2021 08:15:16 pm
      Gini has played 42 games so far this season(3 as sub) and scored 2 goals and no assists whilst Thiago has played 23 games(4 as sub)and has scored no goals and no assists.Gini deserves a new improved contract,if FSG replace Gini then that is at least 30m plus as well as big wages.Thiago has really been disappointing this season and for me doesn't deserve to start when Hendo and Fab are back in the midfield,could anyone tell me what Thiago brings to the team?he loses nearly every header,doesn't track players/back,can't tackle,can't score(has had 14 shots with 3 on target) and has no assists.I believe Jürgen will put Gini before Thiago on the teamsheet.

Doesn't win headers= Horseshit . Actually very good at heading as oppose to Gini you mean
      Doesn't track back and tackle= Won the ball back more times than  anyone at weekend would seriously doubt any other midfielder wins back apart from Fab . As opposed to Gini tackling are you actually serious he couldn't tackle his way out of  a paper bag . Your talking sh*te
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27718: Apr 26, 2021 09:00:27 pm
      Thing is with every signing we make as a club it tends to be made on stats

It may well be, and I’d imagine it is that Gini doesn’t perhaps deserve a new contract stats wise, it may be felt that we’ve pretty much burnt him out

I say that with what is wanted by both sides

Gini, this is his last contract and he will probably want a 4-5 year deal on more money, we may be willing to offer him more on a 2 year deal
      Gini may think that he needs that longer deal as he may be even further off stats wise 2 years down the line

What people need to understand is that it’s his job and that he will be looking long term

To be honest he’s been a great servant but actually it may well be pert of the natural refreshing of the team we need

I’ve read people say why is he captain at times?
      Well he was picked to be 3rd choice behind Hendo and Virg by the players so if he’s picked and those don’t play then even with the contract situation then he has to be captain
      It’s a squad harmony issue, it would cause more issues if he’s stripped of it, the players think of it and contracts far differently than we do

Of course Jürgen in a perfect world would want him to stay but if you asked him honestly on a 5 year deal? I’m not sure

As for Thiago. He’s quality, I think with a firing team he would look a completely different player, pre Everton away when Richardson did him he was starting to settle, and show his quality, Chelsea away and the derby he looked amazing

Personally I’d show patience with him

If Gini doesn't deserve a new contract then why does Jürgen play him every game?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27719: Apr 26, 2021 09:10:46 pm
      Doesn't win headers= Horseshit . Actually very good at heading as oppose to Gini you mean
      Doesn't track back and tackle= Won the ball back more times than  anyone at weekend would seriously doubt any other midfielder wins back apart from Fab . As opposed to Gini tackling are you actually serious he couldn't tackle his way out of  a paper bag . Your talking sh*te

For me Thiago hasn't delivered,when we play flowing football and looked good he plays well but when we have struggled to break teams down he struggles,everyone says he was brought to split defences open with his passes but he's done F**k all,for me he has been a signing we didn't need and currently looks well overrated,hopefully he will prove me wrong next season.Gini has been a great servant who Jürgen doesn't always utilise properly,i love watching him play for Holland and before he spoke out thought he didn't want to sign a new contract.Please tell me what Thiago has bought to us this season?we have lost 7 of the 14 games he has played in the PL,for the record you have talked sh*t from the first post you made against mine about Gini,I would rather have Gini in the team alongside Fab and Hendo than Thiago.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #27720: Apr 26, 2021 09:21:15 pm
      For me Thiago hasn't delivered,when we play flowing football and looked good he plays well but when we have struggled to break teams down he struggles,everyone says he was brought to split defences open with his passes but he's done f**k all,for me he has been a signing we didn't need and currently looks well overrated,hopefully he will prove me wrong next season.Gini has been a great servant who Jürgen doesn't always utilise properly,i love watching him play for Holland and before he spoke out thought he didn't want to sign a new contract.Please tell me what Thiago has bought to us this season?we have lost 7 of the 14 games he has played in the PL,for the record you have talked sh*t from the first post you made against mine about Gini,I would rather have Gini in the team alongside Fab and Hendo than Thiago.

You are talking sh*t.

Gini has not had an assist in over two years.

Look at any stats table and Thiago outperforms the sideways passing coward in every aspect.

No great coincidence we fell apart after Thiago left the pitch on the weekend, quite frankly it’s embarrassing he has been handed the armband as he doesn’t even want to be here.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27721: Apr 26, 2021 10:21:38 pm
      You are talking sh*t.

2 in 4 seasons and 0 in the last 3 seasons, in the league anyway. No painting over that fact
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27722: Apr 27, 2021 08:53:32 am
      2 in 4 seasons and 0 in the last 3 seasons, in the league anyway. No painting over that fact

Wow thats bad
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27723: Apr 27, 2021 08:55:28 am

Tez Id expect my goalkeeper to have 1 assist in 3 years!! Which he actually does
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2021 09:20:26 am by Brian78 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27724: Apr 27, 2021 10:16:25 am

Nothing new here then.  :lmao:
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27725: Apr 27, 2021 10:27:19 am
      You are talking sh*t.

Look at any stats table and Thiago outperforms the sideways passing coward in every aspect.

No great coincidence we fell apart after Thiago left the pitch on the weekend, quite frankly it’s embarrassing he has been handed the armband as he doesn’t even want to be here.

Thank you for you contribution,you are the second biggest tit on this forum behind CT,Gini has come out in public and said he wants to stay!calling Gini a coward is ridiculous,WHY do you think Jürgen chooses Gini virtually every game?Thiago outperforms Gini??I don't think so,have a look at Gini's PL stats https://www.infogol.net/en/player/georginio-wijnaldum/4737 and Gini's overall PL stats for Liverpool https://www.premierleague.com/players/7114/Georginio-Wijnaldum/stats apart from Gini's two goals there stats are similar hence Gini deserves an improved contract offer because Gini's on less than half of what Thiago is. https://www.infogol.net/en/player/thiago/2706
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27726: Apr 27, 2021 10:54:24 am
      Thank you for you contribution,you are the second biggest tit on this forum behind CT,Gini has come out in public and said he wants to stay!calling Gini a coward is ridiculous,WHY do you think Jürgen chooses Gini virtually every game?Thiago outperforms Gini??I don't think so,have a look at Gini's PL stats https://www.infogol.net/en/player/georginio-wijnaldum/4737 and Gini's overall PL stats for Liverpool https://www.premierleague.com/players/7114/Georginio-Wijnaldum/stats apart from Gini's two goals there stats are similar hence Gini deserves an improved contract offer because Gini's on less than half of what Thiago is. https://www.infogol.net/en/player/thiago/2706

You do know that they offered a new contract to Gini  :f_doh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #27727: Apr 27, 2021 12:49:36 pm

Even a fool like you would realise Jürgen has no other options but pick Gini in midfield.
      But maybe it’s too difficult for you to see the obvious if you think Gini compares anywhere like Thiago in forward or even a defensive contribution this season.

Might help if you watch the odd match to compare the two when on the pitch together.

Only attribute Gini bests Thiago is holding up the ball turning and passing it back 😂

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #27728: Apr 27, 2021 01:05:22 pm
      So Jürgen only chooses Gini because he has no other option,you are a tool.Thiago has been a let down so far and his record suggests he will play 15-20 league games a season with his record at Barca and Bayern,not good for a so called elite player on over £200k a week with no assists and no goals.Maybe we should do a poll on who thinks Thiago has been a success so far and is worth the money we are paying him whilst FSG are paying Robbo the best left back in the world 50k a week,yes 4 times what Thiago gets.LAUGHABLE

Only one tool on here at the moment, you have been on this forum for less than a year and have been called out constantly as a WUM.

No player has been a success this season, but for you to make out that Gini has been better than Gini is laughable.

Forward passes, key passes, dribbles, tackles made, interceptions, clearances in all these parameters Thiago has outperformed Gini.
      So who is the TOOL.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27729: Apr 27, 2021 01:39:44 pm
      Right on cue here is the third biggest tit on the forum,Yes i'm aware and it was clearly deemed unacceptable to Gini otherwise he would have signed it,whoever signed Thiago's contract off to pay him over £200k a week (who in 13 league seasons with Barca,Bayern and us has played 11 of them 20 games or under with the other two seasons being 26 games)needs to be sacked.Gini is on 90k but is picked nearly every game and rarely gets injured,no loyalty from FSG who only pay the best left back in the world 50k a week,truly shocking.

1. So you believe the club should pay whatever wages the players wants ? Can you explain where all that extra money comes from ?

2. I believe Gini’s issue is with the length as opposed to the wage

3. Robbo was signed on a contract from a team going down - was changed to allow more incentives

4. Thiago was a player who was coming from the CL winners

5. Do you have the first F***ing clue about finances within the sport - it’s because of attitudes like yours that have putting the sport in so much of a mess - all about money and nothing else , the worst thing about the sport right now is the - transfer fee , wages and agent fees - that’s why clubs are looking to find ways to bring in extra money. But you won’t see that - you just want the money spent

6. You keep calling people tits - have you considered that the issue is with you and not others.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #27730: Apr 27, 2021 05:39:25 pm
      To make up the debt, we will probably sell salah and firmino and sign players like Zaha and draxler who will be cheaper.

Although the above will probably not happen, if past windows are anything to go by then FSG are not going to sanction mega transfers whilst making a loss.

A massive summer coming up.

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27731: Apr 27, 2021 05:40:28 pm
      To make up the debt, we will probably sell salah and firmino and sign players like Zaha and draxler who will be cheaper.

Although the above will probably not happen, if past windows are anything to go by then FSG are not going to sanction mega transfers whilst making a loss.

A massive summer coming up.

Other elite clubs books will mirror ours

They won’t be able to cash in on major assets
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #27732: Apr 27, 2021 05:43:17 pm
      Other elite clubs books will mirror ours

They won’t be able to cash in on major assets

Aye. You’re probably right. Unless it’s a PSG. But it would also e worrying if we go into next season with the same squad.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #27733: Apr 27, 2021 05:57:19 pm
      Every Summer at Liverpool Football Club is a massive Summer!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27734: Apr 27, 2021 08:33:39 pm
      Every Summer at Liverpool Football Club is a massive Summer!

Think this summer is going to be a defining Summer. Let's hope it goes the right way
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27735: Apr 27, 2021 09:38:19 pm
      Think this summer is going to be a defining Summer. Let's hope it goes the right way

I wouldn't hold my breath
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27736: Apr 27, 2021 10:11:42 pm

This should be good. Define "goes the right way"
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27737: Apr 27, 2021 10:45:29 pm
      This should be good. Define "goes the right way"

Isn't that obvious? If we lose certain players, those players need to be replaced. We also need to think about the future. The age of our front 3 and possibly, their form and is it likely to turn around.
      Our defence! Can we rely on Gomez and Matip to stay fit? Or do we bring in Kabak and Konate regardless?
      With Gini and probably Shaq leaving, do we need to bring 2 or more beter players  to improve that area.

Quick Reply