Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2644813 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28244: Jun 09, 2021 08:41:45 pm
      This board is getting boring with the same camps reiterating their same points for and/or against FSG.

I've come to terms that there'll be one camp who'd credit FSG for building the club and set the stage for us winning trophies.

There'll also be another camp who feels disrespected by FSG for not knowing the values of our club, not running it they way they should be running it and hence FSG aren't fit to be our owners. 

My verdict is FSG got most things right in the business sense. We're going in the right direction with the value of the club heading north. Their key mistakes were the ticket price hikes, the furlough and the Super League. But the steps taken to understand the fans are improving with more discussions platforms with fan groups established. No one is perfect. We're well positioned to win things. The stature of the club is growing (got to be careful of saying this because seems like a higher value feeds into FSG's greed and so do we want the club to have a higher value/stature and attract better players?). If we can't overlook their mistakes then we can never move on. In the grand scheme of things, they got more decisions right than wrong. In the absence of perfection, I'd go with someone who's more right than wrong over another who's the completely opposite.

We wish for the perfect owner. A reply to one of my previous posts in desire for the perfect owner who could do the list of things I dream of was "good luck finding such an owner". Why don't we just enjoy the ride while they are putting the building blocks in place for more success? A higher marker value means a better budget and ability to attract better players and that is somewhat linked to onfield success as well.

I agree with a lot of that and believe there are valid reasons for disliking, distrusting or even downright opposing FSG - the 'Super League' stuff being the latest example.

The way people use that dislike to create a narrative that ignores any facts that do not conform to it, however, is either stupid or intellectually dishonest.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28245: Jun 09, 2021 09:34:58 pm
      Because it's the f**king truth.

Were the above teams not in the situation I quoted? Enlighten me then

We won the league by 25 clear f***in points fuckstick, itā€™s not our concern the stateā€™s of other clubs, we can only beat whatā€™s in front of us, we pissed the league by sheer hard graft and determination, no one gave us F**k all, we earned it and some,
      I will go as far as to,say had it not been for the injuries we sustained last season we would have been in contention again, and thatā€™s with City improving, Chelsea more competitive as too were Leicester, Mancs flattering to deceive,
      We finished 3rd in a season when we only really came to the party the last 10 games, now you can diss us all the F**k you want fucko, but in my book you stick with your club whatever, and thatā€™s the difference between those who SUPPORT and those who think they support, you obviously fall into the latter category because no real fan ever puts his own club down, or down plays their achievements,

Give yer head a wobble lad ffs.

Y  N  W  A                                                       

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28246: Jun 09, 2021 10:14:47 pm
      If I posted it in the format of a twitter conspiracy theory, would you find it easier to believe it?

Probably...🙄

So, after winning 4 trophies our wage bill increased by Ā£16 million for bonuses paid..

Explain to me how this team /squad earn a combined wage bill of Ā£310 million per season...?

& which players have had improved contracts totalling Ā£117 million..?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28247: Jun 09, 2021 11:19:19 pm
      You don't strike me as the sceptical type when it comes to hydroxychloroquine, but it is now up to me to convince you of the veracity of Liverpool's publicly available, broadly analysed and independently audited financial accounts?

They earn 310m a year by being well paid? What kind of explanation do you expect? And why would you think wage bill growth has been achieved only by improving contracts when we've also signed plenty of players in that period?

You can always go to Companies House or LFC's website and see the accounts for yourself, none of this is new information
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #28248: Jun 09, 2021 11:42:24 pm
      I agree with a lot of that and believe there are valid reasons for disliking, distrusting or even downright opposing FSG - the 'Super League' stuff being the latest example.

The way people use that dislike to create a narrative that ignores any facts that do not conform to it, however, is either stupid or intellectually dishonest.

I mean disrespecting fans is a huge thing. Itā€™s emotional because it was our club. These guys came in and treated us like customers. Talk about price hikes.

But just because they disrespected us doesnā€™t mean we start hating everything they do for the sake of it. They do try to rectify their mistakes after all.

Objectively, they still deserve credit for doing all the right things. Klopp and Mike Edwardsā€™ appointment for example. Both couldnā€™t have walked in and say Iā€™ll be your staff, put wages into me bank account from tomorrow onwards. Itā€™s for the fansā€™ sake. No way, as someone like Mike Gordon needs to sign off their appointment.

I get it that itā€™s emotional. But they did some right things which led to trophies that made us happy as well. Ideally we should have better owners. But good luck finding one.

We want the trophies yet we donā€™t want the owners. We just canā€™t have our cake and eat it. If we insist on eating the trophies without swallowing anything related to FSG, the sole outcome would be opposing them for the sake of it - our emotion, or perhaps ego. Objectively, credit where itā€™s due. But itā€™s down to the individual to recognise that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28249: Jun 10, 2021 09:05:47 am
      I mean disrespecting fans is a huge thing. Itā€™s emotional because it was our club. These guys came in and treated us like customers. Talk about price hikes.

But just because they disrespected us doesnā€™t mean we start hating everything they do for the sake of it. They do try to rectify their mistakes after all.

Objectively, they still deserve credit for doing all the right things. Klopp and Mike Edwardsā€™ appointment for example. Both couldnā€™t have walked in and say Iā€™ll be your staff, put wages into me bank account from tomorrow onwards. Itā€™s for the fansā€™ sake. No way, as someone like Mike Gordon needs to sign off their appointment.

I get it that itā€™s emotional. But they did some right things which led to trophies that made us happy as well. Ideally we should have better owners. But good luck finding one.

We want the trophies yet we donā€™t want the owners. We just canā€™t have our cake and eat it. If we insist on eating the trophies without swallowing anything related to FSG, the sole outcome would be opposing them for the sake of it - our emotion, or perhaps ego. Objectively, credit where itā€™s due. But itā€™s down to the individual to recognise that.

In regards the three things they are didnt do very well

Ticket prices
      Furlough
      ESL

All three were the wrong move to make but I also think itā€™s worth looking at their motivation for those issues - to get more money into the club to allow more money to be spent - all these people demanding money is spent on players well the owners were looking at ways to bring in money to satisfy those demands

The method was wrong and it was down with a lack of though in regards the impact but I didnā€™t feel ā€œdisrespectedā€ by it and certainly havenā€™t felt disrespected by the owners
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28250: Jun 10, 2021 09:15:30 am
      You don't strike me as the sceptical type when it comes to hydroxychloroquine, but it is now up to me to convince you of the veracity of Liverpool's publicly available, broadly analysed and independently audited financial accounts?

They earn 310m a year by being well paid? What kind of explanation do you expect? And why would you think wage bill growth has been achieved only by improving contracts when we've also signed plenty of players in that period?

You can always go to Companies House or LFC's website and see the accounts for yourself, none of this is new information

hydroxychloroquine, plenty evidence to suggest it destroys Covid... but letā€™s not deflect from the thread..

Iā€™m not a net spender  or spend for the sake of it junkie or expect Ā£100 million spend on every player but you have to  questioning the wage bill.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28251: Jun 10, 2021 09:17:44 am
      In regards the three things they are didnt do very well

Ticket prices
      Furlough
      ESL

All three were the wrong move to make but I also think itā€™s worth looking at their motivation for those issues - to get more money into the club to allow more money to be spent - all these people demanding money is spent on players well the owners were looking at ways to bring in money to satisfy those demands

The method was wrong and it was down with a lack of though in regards the impact but I didnā€™t feel ā€œdisrespectedā€ by it and certainly havenā€™t felt disrespected by the owners

Ā£553 million invested in LFC for a 10% share, letā€™s say they invest Ā£60 million of that Anny Rd extension, do you honestly believe Klopp will be handed over the rest for player transfers...? Nah think not, so itā€™s a fallacy that the club will spend on this team what the club generates financially..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28252: Jun 10, 2021 09:38:43 am
      Ā£553 million invested in LFC for a 10% share, letā€™s say they invest Ā£60 million of that Anny Rd extension, do you honestly believe Klopp will be handed over the rest for player transfers...? Nah think not, so itā€™s a fallacy that the club will spend on this team what the club generates financially..

No one has invested Ā£550 mil in a 10% share of Liverpool 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28253: Jun 10, 2021 10:29:21 am

No one has invested Ā£550 mil in a 10% share of Liverpool 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Have RedBird not taken a small share in FSG ..?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28254: Jun 10, 2021 10:35:40 am
      Have RedBird not taken a small share in FSG ..?

Yes in FSG - they have bought 10% of the overall company which includes multiple sports teams - people keep posting as if someone has just invested Ā£500mil into the club - they havenā€™t

The Ā£500mil into the company I believe will be used for multiple things within the company - including further stadium development and a purchase of another football club ( potential links for players etc )
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28255: Jun 10, 2021 10:37:49 am
      Yes in FSG - they have bought 10% of the overall company which includes multiple sports teams - people keep posting as if someone has just invested Ā£500mil into the club - they havenā€™t

The Ā£500mil into the company I believe will be used for multiple things within the company - including further stadium development and a purchase of another football club ( potential links for players etc )

So theyā€™ll use investment to increase asset then sell on asset without investing in the team.. what your saying right..?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28256: Jun 10, 2021 10:43:42 am
      So theyā€™ll use investment to increase asset then sell on asset without investing in the team.. what your saying right..?

They will use investment to increase the clubs ability to bring in more match day revenues which can then be used to be invested in the team

Are they looking to sell the club 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28257: Jun 10, 2021 11:00:25 am
      They will use investment to increase the clubs ability to bring in more match day revenues which can then be used to be invested in the team

Are they looking to sell the club 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

How much extra revenue will 7000 seats bring in per season..?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28258: Jun 10, 2021 11:11:14 am

It's not invested in LFC, it's invested in FSG - a group of different ventures.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28259: Jun 10, 2021 11:13:29 am

🤷ā€ā™‚ļø All depends on what seats they are and if there is any further added corperate facilities to be created
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #28260: Jun 10, 2021 11:15:00 am

What's the average ticket price? Ā£40 per ticket?
      Assume Ā£40 per ticket x 7,000 seats x 19 PL home matches = at least Ā£5.32m in extra revenue for annually.
      It would be higher if these are allocated to hospitality and if we account for CL, and cup matches plus matchday spending on F&B and merchandise.

Our matchday revenue in 2019 (pre-COVID) was Ā£84.2m. This would easily bring matchday revenue past Ā£90m, about 6.8% improvement in revenue.
      Alternatively, this Ā£5m in higher revenue could pay of a Ā£100,000 player per week in wages for a year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #28261: Jun 10, 2021 12:26:12 pm

Basically the master plan!

The longer they remain the more they accumulate, the ultimate cash cow proposition!

LFC is a speculator/market player's dream, guaranteed improved financial results year on year.
      Sitting on an ever-increasing pot of gold comes to mind, methinks we are stuck with these Scrooges for some time.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28262: Jun 10, 2021 12:32:06 pm
      Basically the master plan!

The longer they remain the more they accumulate, the ultimate cash cow proposition!

LFC is a speculator/market player's dream, guaranteed improved financial results year on year.
      Sitting on an ever-increasing pot of gold comes to mind, methinks we are stuck with these misers for some time.

Itā€™s getting boring now

They were offered I believe Ā£2-3bn to sell the club and it was turned down

It canā€™t be a cash cow if they donā€™t take money out of the club  :mad:

And yes you will be stuck with them and I suspect you will prob keep crying like a F***ing baby as the club continue to improve both on and off the pitch.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28263: Jun 10, 2021 12:35:48 pm
      What's the average ticket price? Ā£40 per ticket?
      Assume Ā£40 per ticket x 7,000 seats x 19 PL home matches = at least Ā£5.32m in extra revenue for annually.
      It would be higher if these are allocated to hospitality and if we account for CL, and cup matches plus matchday spending on F&B and merchandise.

Our matchday revenue in 2019 (pre-COVID) was Ā£84.2m. This would easily bring matchday revenue past Ā£90m, about 6.8% improvement in revenue.
      Alternatively, this Ā£5m in higher revenue could pay of a Ā£100,000 player per week in wages for a year.

Then name the stand after that player.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28264: Jun 10, 2021 12:51:28 pm

Itā€™s getting boring now

They were offered I believe Ā£2-3bn to sell the club and it was turned down

It canā€™t be a cash cow if they donā€™t take money out of the club  :mad:

And yes you will be stuck with them and I suspect you will prob keep crying like a f**king baby as the club continue to improve both on and off the pitch.

Whilst I now refuse to engage in dialogue with blind, biased NESV fans with no manners I definitely think you work for the owners.

It wouldn't be a wild thought for them to employ people who visit Liverpool fan forums and garner up support for them.

In the board meetings you're probably told to defend them blindly, add a lot of clever spreadsheet pics that amount to nothing and label anyone who oposses as not real fans. Go for the secret Manc accusation that always works. That'll get other posters behind you.

Your defense of them is so extreme that the only logical answer is you work for them

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28265: Jun 10, 2021 12:58:41 pm
      Whilst I now refuse to engage in dialogue with blind, biased NESV fans with no manners I definitely think you work for the owners.

It wouldn't be a wild thought for them to employ people who visit Liverpool fan forums and garner up support for them.

In the board meetings you're probably told to defend them blindly, add a lot of clever spreadsheet pics that amount to nothing and label anyone who oposses as not real fans. Go for the secret Manc accusation that always works. That'll get other posters behind you.

Your defense of them is so extreme that the only logical answer is you work for them

Posting facts isnā€™t ā€œa defense ā€œ of them - itā€™s just the facts that people like you just fail to see in front of you

Remember you are the person who said it was criminal that we didnā€™t sign anyone but went on to win the league 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø🤦ā€ā™‚ļø🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

You are utterly F***ing clueless
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #28266: Jun 10, 2021 01:12:40 pm

Really don't think the F***ing idiot would have the qualification to be in the employ of any market players or any post that demanded joined up thinking and just plain common sense.

Quick Reply