Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2644309 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28313: Jun 11, 2021 11:08:33 am

My gosh do you ever not defend them?

Honestly!

Every post is a defense of NESV and anything associated to them. You're constantly here answering anyone that says anything against them.

You've just defended them regarding the ESL. You're talking like they went in kicking and screaming. Didn't want to be left behind.

They were the front runners, with United, for that sh*t show.

Give it a rest. We get it. You love them and want them forever more. Ok great.

I should think other FSG supporters are embarrassed with this gimp!
      The one saving grace for him is the improvement to his eyesight while his hands are busy typing this sh*te.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28314: Jun 11, 2021 11:09:29 am
      Haha :D sure, whatever.

I just find the selective scepticism very amusing. You can always send an email to Ernst & Young, the independent auditors of Liverpool accounts, to let them know of your concerns regarding the veracity of their wage bills. Send them a twitter or reddit link to back it up too.

You learned a new word ā€˜veracityā€™ 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Keep using it...& no need to send a twitter or reddit link,Iā€™ll just send them some of your post..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28315: Jun 11, 2021 11:10:44 am
      PSG, Bayern Munich disagree...

If it had got off the ground they would have both jumped in with two feet there is no doubt about that - the same PSG that pay Neymar nearly Ā£900k a week and the same Munich that need the CL money ( which would have followed the big clubs )

There is no doubt that something will happen in the future , surely we arenā€™t all niave enough to think that itā€™s finished with
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28316: Jun 11, 2021 11:12:26 am

The one saving grace for him is the improvement to his eyesight while his hands are busy typing this sh*te.

Iā€™m a Liverpool supporter- thatā€™s all , and been that way for a very long time.

Have you given up your season ticket yet ? Surely someone who has such a high distain for the owners wouldnt ever put money into their pocket 🙄
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28317: Jun 11, 2021 11:14:13 am
      Are you incapable of seeing any middle ground at all 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

No one has ā€œdefendedā€ them for the ESL

Itā€™s quite clear it was driven by Madrid and Co hence why they are still there battling away for it

Whilst you are here have you found that ā€œlong list of players we missed out on when battling with othersā€

Teixeira

Willian

Sanchez

Diego Costa

Memphis Depay

Toni Kroos

Eden Hazard

Gylfi Siggurdson

Mohammed Salah (first time around)

Shall I continue?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28318: Jun 11, 2021 11:16:58 am
      If it had got off the ground they would have both jumped in with two feet there is no doubt about that - the same PSG that pay Neymar nearly Ā£900k a week and the same Munich that need the CL money ( which would have followed the big clubs )

There is no doubt that something will happen in the future , surely we arenā€™t all niave enough to think that itā€™s finished with

So what if PSG can afford to pay Neymar Ā£900k a week & Bayern ainā€™t skint itā€™s the 2 crumbling giants in Spain, Juventus that are desperate for the money alongside the top 5 American owned PL teams, pure unadulterated greed...City went along for the status..
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28319: Jun 11, 2021 11:23:21 am

He doesn't stop. He's here 24 hours a day defending them.

Now he's defending their ESL scandal by acting like they reluctantly entered as to not be left behind.

I can't with him.

They refused to back Klopp in January and his answer is "we waited for our man Konate in the summer"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28320: Jun 11, 2021 11:24:05 am
      Teixeira

Willian

Sanchez

Diego Costa

Memphis Depay

Toni Kroos

Eden Hazard

Gylfi Siggurdson

Mohammed Salah (first time around)

Shall I continue?

Teixeira- believe Klopp told the club to not go for him

Did we even bid for Willian

Sanchez we lost out due to location ( he wanted to go to london )

Costa - decided to stay at Atletico instead of leaving

Depay - when did we bid for him ?

Same with Kroos and Hazard - when weā€™re we bidding for them 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Sigurdsson- we were mid table at the time with Spurs in the Top 4

Salah - Chelsea were willing to pay more for him at the time

So out of the list itā€™s prob just Sanchez maybe

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28321: Jun 11, 2021 11:26:40 am
      So what if PSG can afford to pay Neymar Ā£900k a week & Bayern ainā€™t skint itā€™s the 2 crumbling giants in Spain, Juventus that are desperate for the money alongside the top 5 American owned PL teams, pure unadulterated greed...City went along for the status..

You are missing the point

If the ESL went ahead then the money the big clubs attract for the CL would go - so the clubs like Bayern and PSG that need that level of money would follow all the other big clubs. They all need the money to keep them competitive and would all follow the money - thatā€™s the way the modern game unfortunatly has gone
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28322: Jun 11, 2021 11:27:25 am
      PSG, Bayern Munich disagree...

That's because they are pretty much nailed on to win their domestic league every year.

I think when talking about the ESL, people would do well to think back to the formation of the Premier League.
      A breakaway league designed to protect the status and earning power of the top few clubs.

Then once they've done that, have a little mull on the Champions League, a competition so skewed, you can gain entry by coming 4th, making the very name of it a joke.

The outcry over the ESL, was driven by the vested interests of UEFA and Premeir League, backed up by a media who also have their snouts in those 2 feeding troughs.

There would have been relegation and promotion to the ESL after the first couple of seasons, and the only real difference is that they explcitly stated founding clubs could not be relegated, rather than the Prem, which ensures that by the back door.

This media driven hysterical knee jerk against it, is hilarious, given how both the CL and PL were formed, but then again, a lot of people seem to love a bandwagon.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28323: Jun 11, 2021 11:27:59 am
      He doesn't stop. He's here 24 hours a day defending them.

Now he's defending their ESL scandal by acting like they reluctantly entered as to not be left behind.

I can't with him.

They refused to back Klopp in January and his answer is "we waited for our man Konate in the summer"

Why donā€™t you take a breath first before posting and read whatā€™s being posted

No one has defended them for what happened with the ESL - stop making stuff up to try and prove a point

And in January the club brought in two Cbā€™s
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28324: Jun 11, 2021 11:31:20 am

You are missing the point

If the ESL went ahead then the money the big clubs attract for the CL would go - so the clubs like Bayern and PSG that need that level of money would follow all the other big clubs. They all need the money to keep them competitive and would all follow the money - thatā€™s the way the modern game unfortunatly has gone

No, the money grabbers were exposed & itā€™s was FSG the instigators... the modern game is now a billionaires thing, especially those who donā€™t mind dipping into their oil reserves..
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28325: Jun 11, 2021 11:31:50 am

Teixeira- believe Klopp told the club to not go for him

Did we even bid for Willian

Sanchez we lost out due to location ( he wanted to go to london )

Costa - decided to stay at Atletico instead of leaving

Depay - when did we bid for him ?

Same with Kroos and Hazard - when weā€™re we bidding for them 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Sigurdsson- we were mid table at the time with Spurs in the Top 4

Salah - Chelsea were willing to pay more for him at the time

So out of the list itā€™s prob just Sanchez maybe

Lmao my whole point was we have a history of other clubs winning the player when more than one party involved.

You've come along and told me reasons why we lost out.

It's simple, we offered a contract and so did other clubs and they won.

Kroos, Stevie called him personally at the request of Brendan.

Hazard, Sir Woy admitted we were in but he chose th Chels.

Depay, came out and said he picked them over us.

Sigurdsson, we lost out to Spurs which proves my point. You can put it however you like.

Diego Costa, he said he rejected us because Jose told him he's coming for him. Proves my point.

Salah, proves my point.

Sanchez, proves my point. If we were United, at the time, you think his mrs could have told him she only wants London?

Teixeira, we were firmly in for him, on my knowledge, and lost out to the Chinese club.

Anyway, I proved my point
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28326: Jun 11, 2021 11:33:04 am
      No, the money grabbers were exposed & itā€™s was FSG the instigators... the modern game is now a billionaires thing, especially those who donā€™t mind dipping into their oil reserves..

So are you suggesting that the ESL was started by FSG ?

Are you really sure - was it not the brain child of Perez

And if one was created that some big clubs wouldnā€™t join ?!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #28327: Jun 11, 2021 11:34:49 am
      My gosh do you ever not defend them?

Honestly!

Every post is a defense of NESV and anything associated to them. You're constantly here answering anyone that says anything against them.

You've just defended them regarding the ESL. You're talking like they went in kicking and screaming. Didn't want to be left behind.

They were the front runners, with United, for that sh*t show.

Give it a rest. We get it. You love them and want them forever more. Ok great.

He's right though

Any owner would have been involved in that and if you think otherwise you are being incredibly naĆÆve.

Also they weren't the forerunners, that was Perez and Agnelli, but obviously once this was being mooted no big clubs would have wanted to be left behind.

There are far more terrible ideas and things they have pushed than this i.e ticket prices etc and they do need to learn still to have a better idea of what us fans think but ESL isn't the biggest F**k up they've made as far as I'm concerned.

To be perfectly honest in the cold light of day the idea in theory may not be as terrible as first thought of as long as it's not a closed shop as UEFA aren't the angels many seem to want to portray them to be after the ESL debacle and will likely want to push through something similar themselves.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2021 12:04:39 pm by srslfc »
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28328: Jun 11, 2021 11:37:37 am
      He's right though

Any owner would have been involved in that and if your thinkk otherwise you are being incredibly naĆÆve.

Also they weren't the forerunners, that was Perez and Agnelli, but obviously once this was being mooted no big clubs would have wanted to be left behind.

There are far more terrible ideas and things they have pushed than this i.e ticket prices etc and they do need to learn still to have a better idea of what is fans think but ESL isn't the biggest f**k up they've made as far as I'm concerned.

To be perfectly honest in the cold light of day the idea in theory may not be as terrible as first thought of as long as it's not a closed shop as UEFA aren't the angels many seem to want to portray them to be after the ESL debacle and will likely want to push through something similar themselves.

This I agree with.

I would, as a fan, be very interested in a new European club competition that's open to anyone worthy of qualifying.

My issue is the way he makes out that FSG only entered because they didn't want to be left behind.

It's in line with his constant defense of FSG
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28329: Jun 11, 2021 11:39:42 am

He personally pushed it amongst the PL American owned teams..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28330: Jun 11, 2021 11:42:42 am
      He personally pushed it amongst the PL American owned teams..
      So they didnā€™t ā€œinstigateā€ it as you and other are stating then

Was it not Joel Glazer who was first involved

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/football/european-super-league-who-behind-figures-started-esl-plans-teams-left-premier-league-966087/amp

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28331: Jun 11, 2021 11:44:01 am
      If you want to be pedantic, LFC is a going concern with all that implies.
      There have been extraordinary statistics for instance when H&G and their ruinous tenure prevailed but in the main the club is a cast iron investment or as near as imaginable.

That is the only scenario available to FSG fans, present a distorted, worst case example of the club's record in an effort to promote the carpetbaggers.

To those who find the challenge to the FSG bullshit tiresome and boring, it is worth pointing out that while the bullshit is repeated often enough there are those here who are gullible to accept it as the truth.
      Worse still are those with a vested interest promoting such bullshit.

I wouldn't find the challenge "tiresome and boring" if it had any substance! You said the club guarantees improved financial results each year, I've shown it to be a false statement - it's as simple as that. If you find that pedantic, then it says more about you than me, I am sorry stuey.

Of course, you then come back with another cryptic message instead of engaging with the facts. And on top of that, still feel the need to be snide and imply that those that disagree with you must have "vested interests". Oh well
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28332: Jun 11, 2021 11:46:18 am

I never claimed they instigated it.

I claimed they were front runners along with United
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28333: Jun 11, 2021 11:49:59 am
      Lmao my whole point was we have a history of other clubs winning the player when more than one party involved.

You've come along and told me reasons why we lost out.

It's simple, we offered a contract and so did other clubs and they won.

Kroos, Stevie called him personally at the request of Brendan.

Hazard, Sir Woy admitted we were in but he chose th Chels.

Depay, came out and said he picked them over us.

Sigurdsson, we lost out to Spurs which proves my point. You can put it however you like.

Diego Costa, he said he rejected us because Jose told him he's coming for him. Proves my point.

Salah, proves my point.

Sanchez, proves my point. If we were United, at the time, you think his mrs could have told him she only wants London?

Teixeira, we were firmly in for him, on my knowledge, and lost out to the Chinese club.

Anyway, I proved my point

Sorry but we didnā€™t bid for most of those players and certainly didnā€™t offer any contracts to them

You can provide some actually proof to back up showing we offered all those players contracts

You need to stop believe all the transfer rumours you read 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28334: Jun 11, 2021 11:51:28 am
      I never claimed they instigated it.

I claimed they were front runners along with United

I never said you claimed they instigated it but two other people did when they clearly didnt 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #28335: Jun 11, 2021 11:54:45 am

You make sh*t up for sure.
      The lad said "FSG instigated the ESL debacle" as I did in a previous post, meaning of course that FSG was the party in the LFC hierarchy responsible for the proposal, not Klopp, not the tea lady but our owners.
      Purely for sh*t stirring purposes you twisted the comment, get a life.

Quick Reply