Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2806884 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28451: Jun 13, 2021 10:01:02 am
      When it's all said and done it ends on this.

Give me all your little spreadsheets and excel documents but at the end of it all they've not put no more money in.

All these accusations of me being a secret manc, bitter etc why don't we do this....

A mod can investigate me and see if I'm truly a lifelong Liverpool fan and the mods can investigate Lallana In Pyjamas and see if he works, or has any ties, to FSG.

Sounds good to me

Why are they required to use their own money to buy players ?
      Is that their big crime ?not being like oil barons and spending personal fortunes on players

FSG have most of their money in assests as opposed to big pots of cash waiting around to be spent on football players

Would you like to take out loans against the club to pay for players ?

Or shall they continue to do what many previous owners of tbe club have done and just spend what the club makes - why is that such a bad thing for the club to be self sustaining
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #28452: Jun 13, 2021 10:37:13 am
      Why are they required to use their own money to buy players ?

1) it’s the new norm popularised by Roman and the oil sheiks. Pimp my club if you really love it.
      2) fans expectation of us “keeping up” and owners should run it one way - like a toy to be pimped.
      3) lack of business or commercial sense whether deliberate or genuine.
      4) refusal to accept a football club is a business over it’s origins - family, community, charity, non-profit etc.

This is why there’s so much debate because the gap between both sides are too huge. Those with business commercial minds are advocating self sustainability whereas those with a community, not for profit thinking are expecting the squad to be pimped using owner financed money.

Both are excellent ways of running the club and none are more superior than the other. Each camp is not more superior than the other - just different thinking. The owners have chosen business side.

Reasons and advocates for are well documented. And so are reasons for running it the community, not for profit manner. And so the gap doesn’t narrow as more reasons between both camps are put up. We should agree that we disagree. The rest are emotional opinions and rants that will go on forever.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28453: Jun 13, 2021 10:54:17 am
      When it's all said and done it ends on this.

Give me all your little spreadsheets and excel documents but at the end of it all they've not put no more money in.

All these accusations of me being a secret manc, bitter etc why don't we do this....

A mod can investigate me and see if I'm truly a lifelong Liverpool fan and the mods can investigate Lallana In Pyjamas and see if he works, or has any ties, to FSG.

Sounds good to me

The poster you mention has nothing better to do than regurgitate the same sh*t over and over.
      As for him being an agent employed by  FSG???
      Today it could be the CIA, tomorrow the KGB or Mi6 or wherever his imagination wanders.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #28454: Jun 13, 2021 10:56:38 am
      The poster you mention has nothing better to do than regurgitate the same sh*t over and over.
      As for him being an agent employed by  FSG???
      Today it could be the CIA, tomorrow the KGB or Mi6 or wherever his imagination wanders.

A well known phrase including the pot , kettle and the colour black

So have you stopped putting money in the club then
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #28455: Jun 13, 2021 01:39:27 pm
      The stooges are now reduced to personal comment!

There is no comeback from the fact the owners have put no more capital into the club than the initial buy out sum.

And that's so important why?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28456: Jun 13, 2021 02:05:43 pm

Si must we go over the same F***ing stuff time after time after time. I get the feeling you people are hoping we'll just give up stating the obvious, the truth.

The ESL fiasco is the latest money-making venture by NESV adding weight to the premise the owners are not working for the mutual good of LFC.

When our genius of a manager gets off, which hopefully will not be for some time, the owners may also do one knowing that another genius will not be available,
      They could stay and condemn the club to a mid-table status without the genius of Klopp to get them out of the sh*t.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2021 02:19:05 pm by stuey »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #28457: Jun 13, 2021 02:16:39 pm
      Si must we go over the same f**king stuff time after time after time. I get the feeling you people are hoping we'll just give up stating the obvious, the truth.

The same question gets asked because it’s constantly avoided

Why is it so important for the owner to put their own money

You talk about the make up of the club yet you constantly critisize the owners because they do use their own money to buy players - is that part of the make up of the club - relying on the personal fortune of billionaires to buy players

Or shall we act like the club did in the 70’s and 80’s and spend the money the club earns without the need to be stood up by a billionaire

Surely we want the club to stand on its own two feet like we always have. Why do we need the owners to spend their own money
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #28458: Jun 13, 2021 02:19:24 pm
      Si must we go over the same F***ing stuff time after time after time. I get the feeling you people are hoping we'll just give up stating the obvious, the truth.

It's a fact they don't put their own money in.

Most of us have never said otherwise.

My question is why that is important?

Especially given I could list again a number of achievements during their tenure that we would all consider 'successes'

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2021 02:29:14 pm by srslfc »
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #28459: Jun 13, 2021 02:26:07 pm
      At this point I imagine Stuey and mKlopp are just running a shtick. Only way i can rationalize they being this thick.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28460: Jun 13, 2021 02:31:37 pm
      The same question gets asked because it’s constantly avoided

Why is it so important for the owner to put their own money

You talk about the make up of the club yet you constantly critisize the owners because they do use their own money to buy players - is that part of the make up of the club - relying on the personal fortune of billionaires to buy players

Or shall we act like the club did in the 70’s and 80’s and spend the money the club earns without the need to be stood up by a billionaire

Surely we want the club to stand on its own two feet like we always have. Why do we need the owners to spend their own money

One last time gimp, I don't want the owners to spend billions constantly buying player am I want to know why quality back up is not available for VVD and Henderson, the latter has run his legs to destruction for LFC and back up is essential.

ONCE AGAIN IN THE PERIOD YOU INDICATE WE HAD 2 INCREDIBLE MANAGERS WHO OVERSAW THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PERIOD IN THE CLUB'S HISTORY WITH AN UNMATCHED HAUL OF TROPHIES.
      FSG HAVE APPOINTED 4 MANAGERS WITH ONE MAJOR TROPHY.

I WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY MORE OF YOUR sh*te.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #28461: Jun 13, 2021 02:34:17 pm
      One last time gimp, I don't want the owners to spend billions constantly buying player am I want to know why quality back up is not available for VVD and Henderson, the latter has run his legs to destruction for LFC and back up is essential.

ONCE AGAIN IN THE PERIOD YOU INDICATE WE HAD 2 INCREDIBLE MANAGERS WHO OVERSAW THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PERIOD IN THE CLUB'S HISTORY WITH AN UNMATCHED HAUL OF TROPHIES.

Just out of interest which out of the league or the European cup are you not classing as a major trophy?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #28462: Jun 13, 2021 02:34:19 pm

If you're going to rant like this best to get your facts correct first Stu, given you're so big into those as well.

They have appointed 3 managers.

We have won 2 major trophies in their tenure.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #28463: Jun 13, 2021 02:38:20 pm

1 major trophy ? Did you sleep through winning the league or the CL - hard to take you seriously when you don’t have the first f**king clue how many trophies we have won

FSG have also only appointed 3 managers not four

If you are going to rant then at least get your facts correct

They bought a CM in the summer plus we have another 6 in the squad

The manager was happy with the CB’s he had plus the two young lads with Matip being the back up

When VVD was injured we had Matip and Gomez

They also got injured - we had unprecedented levels of injuries that no matter what players arrived still wouldn’t have covered yet we still managed to get 3rd place playing the two CB’s that were already at the club - maybe the manager should have played them in Jan when we went through the bad patch
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28464: Jun 13, 2021 02:39:04 pm
      It's a fact they don't put their own money in.

Most of us have never said otherwise.

My question is why that is important?

Especially given I could list again a number of achievements during their tenure that we would all consider 'successes'

We failed to hold on to the Prem. because of injuries and a lack of quality back up to mount a challenge.
      We should have built on our success last season and strengthened obvious weaknesses.

Rather dims one of the two trophies under Klopp's tenure.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28465: Jun 13, 2021 02:42:34 pm
      We failed to hold on to the Prem. because of injuries and a lack of quality back up to mount a challenge.
      We should have built on our success last season and strengthened obvious weaknesses.

100%
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #28466: Jun 13, 2021 02:44:33 pm

We bought a left back , a creative mid and a forward in the summer - is that not building ?
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28467: Jun 13, 2021 02:46:34 pm
      We bought a left back , a creative mid and a forward in the summer - is that not building ?

Tsimskas? He's the exact example of FSG.

A left back that can't get a game for love nor money.

All because the model must be followed, regardless of need
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #28468: Jun 13, 2021 02:47:55 pm

No. No. No.

What we were supposed to do was sit down and predict the doomsday scenario of all three senior CB getting season ending injuries and spend on another CB.

Forget buying one of the world's best CM in his prime and another young exciting attacker to supplement the front three.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #28469: Jun 13, 2021 02:48:38 pm

Rather dims one of the two trophies under Klopp's tenure.

Klopp has won 4 trophies

Anyone who seriously believes those wins are dimmed in any way shape or form really needs to wake up and see what a self entitled pr**k they are being

We won the league for the first time in 30 years and yet because we only came third the season after ( due to unprecedented injuries ) you suggest that victory is diminished in some way - that’s pathetic
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #28470: Jun 13, 2021 02:50:09 pm

So let me guess this right

For ages people cry that there is only one left back and we are short in cover so they buy a left back to cover in case Robertson is injured and it’s now a poor buy 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #28471: Jun 13, 2021 02:50:23 pm

When a model is successful you do tend to follow said model.

City with their countless billions had a season similar to ours in 19/20 and only lost one CB for the season.

People talk about our blip last season as if it's unheard of to happen to teams. City being the relentless winners they have been recently have also been through similar.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2021 11:27:52 pm by srslfc »
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28472: Jun 13, 2021 03:00:21 pm
      When a model is successful you do tend to follow said model.

City with their countless billions had a season similar to ours in 19/20 and only lost one CB for the season.

People talk about our blip last season as if it's unheard  to happen to teams. City being the relentless winners they have been have also been through similar.

Even when there's a crisis, like no other, which clearly indicates that just for one window you need to abandon the model?
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28473: Jun 13, 2021 03:00:53 pm

So let me guess this right

For ages people cry that there is only one left back and we are short in cover so they buy a left back to cover in case Robertson is injured and it’s now a poor buy 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

So he was a good buy then?

Quick Reply