Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2645849 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28520: Jun 16, 2021 06:36:48 pm
      Before you fire your next fusillade of horseshit all over this thread, you said Mo ‘wasn’t the player Klopp wanted’ and that it took Edwards to ‘persuade’ Klopp that he was the right option. You gave no evidence to support this.

Where you have, on the one hand, mere speculation, and on the other, a consistent pattern of comments from the manager which clearly show he thought Mo was an outstanding talent who he would have signed previously if he could (what world class manager having described a player as ‘unbelievable’ and who could see the same player tearing it up at Roma would see less reason to sign that player years after they’ve matured into a better player?!), what is a more reasonable conclusion to reach about the manager’s role in signing the player? That he ‘wasn’t the player he wanted’ or that ‘he very much f*cking was’?

Simple

Klopp wanted Brandt

Edwards and Co recommended Klopp instead or when Brandt said no

It’s well known
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #28521: Jun 16, 2021 07:43:54 pm
      You know what, I don’t ready care who recommended who after reading the above posts.
      We’ve got Klopp due to FSG and they have funded most, and I say MOST of Klopps requirements, and collectively it’s taken us from mediocre to world beaters.
      Players still being recruited and I’m looking forward to the new season. And possibly another couple of signings in between.
      It’s not necessarily a sell to buy policy, but if we hadn’t sold pre or post new players arriving, we would now have a 1st team squad of about 45 players.
      It’s what is known as a turnover of players, each arrival hopefully better than them leaving.
      We look strong, we look good, we’ve got an almost new stadium, we’ve got great new training facilities, and it was all achieved on scotch mist, because FSG don’t spend a penny.
      Get a grip people, the futures bright, the futures RED !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #28522: Jun 17, 2021 03:03:33 pm
      FFS, haven’t we bought anyone since yesterday ?
      The lot of them aught to be ashamed of themselves !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28523: Jun 17, 2021 03:06:11 pm
      Any confirmation on those salaries & bonuses paid to this team..😂
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #28524: Jun 17, 2021 04:14:18 pm
      Any confirmation on those salaries & bonuses paid to this team..😂

Aggregate amounts for both staff and directors charged in respect of:
      Wages and salaries 289,341
      Social security costs 34,076
      Pension costs 2,155

(Total) 325,572

Directly from the accounts, which are freely available below.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/financial-information

Some other sources below. If you need more confirmation for something which is just objective fact I don't know how to help you.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-surging-wage-bill-how-20473228

https://mobile.twitter.com/swissramble/status/1387289812282101760?lang=en
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28525: Jun 17, 2021 05:28:19 pm
      You're still wrong, Klopp wanted Brandt and when he said no, Edwards recommended Salah to Klopp.

Simply put the whole of the F***ing city of Liverpool knows this!!

There was an interview ages ago, where Klopp said Edwards had to convince him that Salah would be a great signing.

Klopp was under the impression Salah was a bit lightweight, as in small and not strong enough, but after having a look, went with it.
      As ever with Klopp he held his hands up, had a laugh about being wrong etc and (again) sang Edwards praises.

I remember as well there was a lot said in the media (and then copied on here) about how Salah "failed" at Chelsea, when the truth was they were F***ing daft to get rid of him just as he was starting to shine.
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #28526: Jun 17, 2021 07:44:12 pm
      they have been okay owners in my opinion.. i mean they hired klopp  and signed some players  the esl was a big mistake but i dunno why people would be against them except for that... i don't really wanna be owned by oil giants like city/psg/chelsea.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28527: Jun 17, 2021 09:11:00 pm
      There was an interview ages ago, where Klopp said Edwards had to convince him that Salah would be a great signing.

Klopp was under the impression Salah was a bit lightweight, as in small and not strong enough, but after having a look, went with it.
      As ever with Klopp he held his hands up, had a laugh about being wrong etc and (again) sang Edwards praises.

I remember as well there was a lot said in the media (and then copied on here) about how Salah "failed" at Chelsea, when the truth was they were F***ing daft to get rid of him just as he was starting to shine.

Probably same interview I'm thinking about.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #28528: Jun 17, 2021 09:15:49 pm
      Probably same interview I'm thinking about.

Yep I'm sure I recall him talking about this in an interview as well.

As we've said on here it was common knowledge JĂźrgen had to be nudged along to have Salah.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #28529: Jun 17, 2021 09:17:43 pm

Simple

Klopp wanted Brandt

Edwards and Co recommended Klopp instead or when Brandt said no

It’s well known

The manager’s words speak for themselves. It’s not whether you or I think it is the case. It also means nothing to say there is a common perception which says otherwise.

According to the manager’s own words, he would have signed Salah at Dortmund when he could see Mo was an ‘unbelievable’ player. Having made an indelible impression on the manager, Klopp tracked his progress from Basel to Chelsea, to Fiorentina and to Roma, and could see Mo mature into a ‘really good player’ who had developed the qualities needed to succeed in the Premier League.

The manager is on record as acknowledging the importance of the scouts in confirming Mo was ready and that they were persistent in recommending him. He also says they were ‘really behind [me]’ in coming to that decision. 

There is simply no evidence to suggest that Mo wasn’t a player the manager rated extremely highly or that under a different set up he would have come to a different decision.

Whether or not there were other targets - Brandt, Pulisic (who we were also strongly linked with) - is by the by and attempts to minimise the manager’s role in signing Mo wither away under close scrutiny.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28530: Jun 17, 2021 09:19:34 pm
      The manager’s words speak for themselves. It’s not whether you or I think it is the case. It also means nothing to say there is a common perception which says otherwise.

According to the manager’s own words, he would have signed Salah at Dortmund when he could see Mo was an ‘unbelievable’ player. Having made an indelible impression on the manager, Klopp tracked his progress from Basel to Chelsea, to Fiorentina and to Roma, and could see Mo mature into a ‘really good player’ who had developed the qualities needed to succeed in the Premier League.

The manager is on record as acknowledging the importance of the scouts in confirming Mo was ready and that they were persistent in recommending him. He also says they were ‘really behind [me]’ in coming to that decision. 

There is simply no evidence to suggest that Mo wasn’t a player the manager rated extremely highly or that under a different set up he would have come to a different decision.

Whether or not there were other targets - Brandt, Pulisic (who we were also strongly linked with) - is by the by and attempts to minimise the manager’s role in signing Mo wither away under close scrutiny.

How many people need to tell you 🤷‍♂️

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28531: Jun 17, 2021 09:20:07 pm
      Yep I'm sure I recall him talking about this in an interview as well.

As we've said on here it was common knowledge JĂźrgen had to be nudged along to have Salah.

Common knowledge to all bar one person it seems
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #28532: Jun 17, 2021 09:31:49 pm

How many people need to tell you 🤷‍♂️

I refer you to my previous post.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28533: Jun 17, 2021 09:36:47 pm
      Is football365 a good reliable source..?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28534: Jun 17, 2021 09:57:11 pm
      Is football365 a good reliable source..?

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-JĂźrgen-klopp-julian-draxler-rejected-transfer-mo-salah

Do you mean this one

They aren’t really a source - they seem to mainly just find articles and quotes and retransmit them
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28535: Jun 17, 2021 10:18:28 pm
      https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-JĂźrgen-klopp-julian-draxler-rejected-transfer-mo-salah

Do you mean this one

They aren’t really a source - they seem to mainly just find articles and quotes and retransmit them

Yeah that’s the one, didn’t want to post it just incase it was somehow related to the sh*t rag..

Only site with the story..
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #28536: Jun 17, 2021 10:24:34 pm
      Ah, so it was actually Draxler, a completely different player. Common knowledge, innit  :lmao:

“Mohamed has the perfect mix of experience and potential -- this is a really exciting signing for us," manager Jürgen Klopp said.

"He knows the Premier League, he has pedigree in the Champions League and he is one of the most important players for his country.

“His record in Italy has been outstanding and he possesses qualities that will enhance our team and squad.”

“I have followed him since he emerged at Basel and he has matured into a really good player.

“His pace is incredible, he gives us more attacking threat and we are already strong in this area. I like that we will make it even more competitive.”

"Most important though, for us, is that he is hungry, willing and eager to be even better and improve further. He believes in what we are trying to do here at Liverpool and is extremely keen to be part of it."

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3147058/liverpool-complete-mohamed-salah-signing-from-roma

“A lot of players have shown it is quite easy to struggle at Chelsea. (Kevin) De Bruyne is one,” Klopp said at the time.

“The only thing that we really ignored was what he did at Chelsea. “

“When he was at Basel we (Dortmund) played them and we didn’t know him. It was ‘what the f**k?’. It was unbelievable. The moment I said ‘let’s go for him’ he was already at Chelsea.”

“Then he struggled at Chelsea because it was too early. Then he went to Fiorentina and then Roma.”

“The question is ‘what did you not see in him?’ because he played all inclusive football. He was quick, he played a lot of games, he created goals and chances and he scored by himself.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-f-JĂźrgen-klopp-describes-18192303

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28537: Jun 17, 2021 10:38:09 pm
      Ah, so it was actually Draxler, a completely different player. Common knowledge, innit  :lmao:

“Mohamed has the perfect mix of experience and potential -- this is a really exciting signing for us," manager Jürgen Klopp said.

"He knows the Premier League, he has pedigree in the Champions League and he is one of the most important players for his country.

“His record in Italy has been outstanding and he possesses qualities that will enhance our team and squad.”

“I have followed him since he emerged at Basel and he has matured into a really good player.

“His pace is incredible, he gives us more attacking threat and we are already strong in this area. I like that we will make it even more competitive.”

"Most important though, for us, is that he is hungry, willing and eager to be even better and improve further. He believes in what we are trying to do here at Liverpool and is extremely keen to be part of it."

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3147058/liverpool-complete-mohamed-salah-signing-from-roma

“A lot of players have shown it is quite easy to struggle at Chelsea. (Kevin) De Bruyne is one,” Klopp said at the time.

“When he was at Basel we (Dortmund) played them and we didn’t know him. It was ‘what the f**k?’. It was unbelievable. The moment I said ‘let’s go for him’ he was already at Chelsea.”

“Then he struggled at Chelsea because it was too early. Then he went to Fiorentina and then Roma.”

“The question is ‘what did you not see in him?’ because he played all inclusive football. He was quick, he played a lot of games, he created goals and chances and he scored by himself.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-f-JĂźrgen-klopp-describes-18192303

Manager on signing a new players tells everyone how great he is

He isn’t exactly going to say “I wanted someone else but was persuaded to sign this player”

You can keep going on if you wish but the overriding point is Klopp doesnt do it all on his own - the teams behind create the platform for him to be able to succeed and Klopp himself has acknowledged that a number of times , there is a lot of ice below the surface.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #28538: Jun 17, 2021 11:08:33 pm

Manager on signing a new players tells everyone how great he is

He isn’t exactly going to say “I wanted someone else but was persuaded to sign this player”

You can keep going on if you wish but the overriding point is Klopp doesnt do it all on his own - the teams behind create the platform for him to be able to succeed and Klopp himself has acknowledged that a number of times , there is a lot of ice below the surface.

No, the manager describing how he was a long-term admirer of Salah and identifying the qualities he saw in him, giving the lie to the notion that Mo wasn’t already on his radar long before we signed him.

No doubt the scouts did a good a job in verifying impressions that were already strongly formed but there is no evidence to suggest the manager wasn’t already well aware that Mo was a massive talent and clear evidence that he was. Whether he was target no.1 or no.20 doesn’t matter. We were linked with Pulisic, Douglas Costa, Draxler and Brandt amongst others. What matters is that the final decision was the right one. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28539: Jun 18, 2021 05:19:47 pm

You finished making a tit of yourself now lad :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #28540: Jun 18, 2021 06:03:12 pm
      Been away for a few days in deepest Wales so no internet, catching up I log on and find the other F***ing balloon still taking the piss and distracting to avoid the obvious.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28541: Jun 20, 2021 10:34:58 pm
      So are you suggesting that the ESL was started by FSG ?

Are you really sure - was it not the brain child of Perez

And if one was created that some big clubs wouldn’t join ?!

https://twitter.com/theanfieldtalk/status/1406671055817740299?s=21
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28542: Jun 21, 2021 11:03:25 am

Hang on mate, you're now taking Laporta's word for something because it suits you to?

fucks sake, I've seen it all now.

Quick Reply