Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2644088 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28635: Jul 17, 2021 01:45:05 pm
      Why are they idiots just because their opinion is different than yours ?

It's not an opinion what Firmino (and Gini) does for the team.
      If they were as sh*t as some try to make out, they wouldn't be here, simple as that.

So, they're either trolling, or idiots.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28636: Jul 17, 2021 01:50:40 pm
      It's not an opinion what Firmino (and Gini) does for the team.
      If they were as sh*t as some try to make out, they wouldn't be here, simple as that.

So, they're either trolling, or idiots.

Loooooool what a stupid statement. Anyone who doesn't agree with me must have a hidden agenda or they're just an idiot. This one's got to be the funniest post I've read yet in my short time being a member of this forum. You sound like Rick Sanchez.

Did Firmino get dropped when Jota came back from injury? Also, is Jamie Carragher a troll or an idiot?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28637: Jul 17, 2021 02:32:18 pm
      JWH stood on the pitch and said he would make LFC great again and would provide all the means to achieve that end when NESV acquired the club.

Unqualified bullshit!
      Until Kloppā€™s genius and a huge slice of luck with injuries FSGā€™s lack of input was negated.

Without the vital Klopp element and just as essential an injury free season LFC are also rans as last season proved.

Our owners false economies are LFCā€™s undoing.

Are we not ā€œgreat againā€ then - we won CL again and then the league for the first time in 30 years - is that not great again

Or back to also rans because came third during a season of unprecedented injuries ?

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28638: Jul 17, 2021 02:37:03 pm
      Are we not ā€œgreat againā€ then - we won CL again and then the league for the first time in 30 years - is that not great again

Or back to also rans because came third during a season of unprecedented injuries ?

We were top at xmas. We just needed to sign a defender. The rest is history
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28639: Jul 17, 2021 02:50:49 pm
      We were top at xmas. We just needed to sign a defender. The rest is history

We did sign a defender - in fact two. Not signing a defender wasnt the reason why we dropped - dropping points against - West Brom , Newcastle , Southampton and Burnley wasnt because we didnā€™t sign CBā€™s

We then signed two CBā€™s and lost to - Brighton , Leicester , Man City, Everton , Chelsea over a period of 6 games

It was our first ever true loss of form in 5 years - we then went 12 games unbeaten with two CBā€™s that were at the club at the start of the season
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28640: Jul 17, 2021 03:01:27 pm

We did sign a defender - in fact two. Not signing a defender wasnt the reason why we dropped - dropping points against - West Brom , Newcastle , Southampton and Burnley wasnt because we didnā€™t sign CBā€™s

We then signed two CBā€™s and lost to - Brighton , Leicester , Man City, Everton , Chelsea over a period of 6 games

It was our first ever true loss of form in 5 years - we then went 12 games unbeaten with two CBā€™s that were at the club at the start of the season

Look at the level of cb's we brought in. One won't sell for Ā£8.5m and the other's never played a game for us.

Label it how you wish but that's the plain facts.

If we addressed the cb problem earlier I believe we wouldn't have lost a lot of those games you mentioned.

You can't ignore facts mate.

Jan 1st we have one fit regular cb in Matip. He's glass. The owners said F**k it let's just leave it and hope the problem goes away. Matip gets injured. Oh F**k let's go get two basement buys because our sell to buy policy dictates this.

Whether you like it or not we're a sell to buy club. It's worked so far, barring last year, so I'm still on board although their sh*t show in bringing a defender in has definitely made me sit up and watch what's next
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28641: Jul 17, 2021 03:10:55 pm
      Look at the level of cb's we brought in. One won't sell for Ā£8.5m and the other's never played a game for us.

Label it how you wish but that's the plain facts.

If we addressed the cb problem earlier I believe we wouldn't have lost a lot of those games you mentioned.

You can't ignore facts mate.

Jan 1st we have one fit regular cb in Matip. He's glass. The owners said f**k it let's just leave it and hope the problem goes away. Matip gets injured. Oh f**k let's go get two basement buys because our sell to buy policy dictates this.

Whether you like it or not we're a sell to buy club. It's worked so far, barring last year, so I'm still on board although their sh*t show in bringing a defender in has definitely made me sit up and watch what's next

What CB should the club have signed in January then ?

And the club works on a self sufficient basis - spends the money it makes
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28642: Jul 17, 2021 03:21:55 pm
      What CB should the club have signed in January then ?

And the club works on a self sufficient basis - spends the money it makes

Self sufficient basis in an absolute crisis?

I have a house and rent it out. Roof's gone and it's going to cost Ā£8k. I've only made Ā£5k from this house this year so I'll have to leave the roof how it is, f**k the tenants getting wet.

Who they should have signed is down to them. It's not my job. JĆ¼rgen said he wanted a cb and he clearly didn't want Kabak or Davies. The proof is in the pudding. One got dropped and sent home never to return, even for Ā£8.5m, and the other has played as many minutes as I have for LFC.

Like I said package and label it however you like it clearly was a royal f**k up. Every pundit and his nan was saying in December we need to sign someone Jan 1st. They kept mentioning it because they knew deep down, just like we did, that fsg were planning on signing no one hence Klopps constant comments "signings won't fix this". Imo the boss was towing the line as to not create chaos with the fanbase against the owners
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28643: Jul 17, 2021 03:24:35 pm

I have a house and rent it out. Roof's gone and it's going to cost Ā£8k. I've only made Ā£5k from this house this year so I'll have to leave the roof how it is, f**k the tenants getting wet.

Who they should have signed is down to them. It's not my job. JĆ¼rgen said he wanted a cb and he clearly didn't want Kabak or Davies. The proof is in the pudding. One got dropped and sent home never to return, even for Ā£8.5m, and the other has played as many minutes as I have for LFC.

Like I said package and label it however you like it clearly was a royal f**k up. Every pundit and his nan was saying in December we need to sign someone Jan 1st. They kept mentioning it because they knew deep down, just like we did, that fsg were planning on signing no one hence Klopps constant comments "signings won't fix this". Imo the boss was towing the line as to not create chaos with the fanbase against the owners

You are just ranting again

You said the CBā€™s they signed in Jan werenā€™t good enough so who should they have signed - itā€™s a simple question surely

And in a self sustaining club which spends what it earns - so which money do they spend beyond that ?

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28644: Jul 17, 2021 03:25:29 pm
      Got to give to Lallana in pyjamas....he defends FSG robustly.

Difficult to disagree with this post...

Fact we had to rely on 2 CBā€™s who never had a future at the club says it all really...the other were bought in emergency...(just in case)... thatā€™s not showing ambition..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28645: Jul 17, 2021 03:30:50 pm
      Got to give to Lallana in pyjamas....he defends FSG robustly.

No labels this time ?

Im just pointing out some facts to people - for owners that some see are that horrific they must leave now we have

Finally built up the stadium
      Got a world class training set up
      Have won the league for the first time in 30 years
      Won the CL again
      Won the World Club Cup
      Have a world class squad

Have a world class manager
      World class recruitment team
      Outstanding commercial team
      No huge leveraged debt
      Donā€™t have to rely on the millions of one person

Club right now is in its best position for the last 30 years and yet some do nothing but point fingers at the people that helped put the club back onto the top spot

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #28646: Jul 17, 2021 03:31:43 pm
      We finished 17 points out of first place. That people think a different CB over Kabak and Davies would have made up that many points goes to show how drunk they are in their own stupidity.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28647: Jul 17, 2021 03:32:01 pm

And in a self sustaining club which spends what it earns - so which money do they spend beyond that ?

Be nice if they broke the mould & spent some cash the club doesnā€™t generate...

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28648: Jul 17, 2021 03:35:23 pm
      Be nice if they broke the mould & spent some cash the club doesnā€™t generate...

Which cash is that then ? Loans against the club ?

They are doing what they said they would - who shall they sell to then if you donā€™t like the way they run the club ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28649: Jul 17, 2021 04:03:51 pm
      Loooooool what a stupid statement. Anyone who doesn't agree with me must have a hidden agenda or they're just an idiot. This one's got to be the funniest post I've read yet in my short time being a member of this forum. You sound like Rick Sanchez.

Did Firmino get dropped when Jota came back from injury? Also, is Jamie Carragher a troll or an idiot?

Here's the thing you seem unable to grasp:
      Firmino keeps getting picked for club and country, that's a fact.

Mine isn't an opinion, it's an observation of fact.

Your opinion on the other hand is at odds with observable, quantifiable facts, which makes it utterly worthless.

Y'see, whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, they are not entitled to have that opinion automatically respected, especially when it is the opposite of oberservable, quantifiable fact.

Here's another fact for you: players have dips in form because of a variety of reasons, not least of which is fatigue.

Here's yet another fact for you: Barca and PSG were fighting over Wijnaldum, two of the world's biggest clubs. Which in turn, makes the opinion of those who think he's no good, worthless.

This is the problem with the internet: gobshites think their bullshit opinions have to be respected. They do not. If an opinion is obviously a load of bollocks, it's worthless, which is exactly what an opinion that is the opposite of oberservable, quantifiable fact is: worthless.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28650: Jul 17, 2021 04:07:12 pm

I'd agree with this if they hadn't stated what they were going to do as soon as they came in.

If there was any grey area, I'd be right there with you.

Problem is, I can't really have a pop at someone for sticking to their word.
      And even then, we've got a new stand, new training complex and another new stand on the way.

From my perspective, they've brought the club into the 21st century after decades of neglect, and a few years of shysters trying to asset strip us, increased commercial revenue, built a great squad, and won a few trophies.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #28651: Jul 17, 2021 04:23:22 pm
      JWH stood on the pitch and said he would make LFC great again and would provide all the means to achieve that end when NESV acquired the club.

He did!!

We've won the league after 30 years and another European Cup you absolute clown.

Jesus H Christ mate take your head out of your ass for one minute and see they have had success and done pretty much what we wanted from them.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28652: Jul 17, 2021 05:26:50 pm
      Here's the thing you seem unable to grasp:
      Firmino keeps getting picked for club and country, that's a fact.

Mine isn't an opinion, it's an observation of fact.

Your opinion on the other hand is at odds with observable, quantifiable facts, which makes it utterly worthless.

Y'see, whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, they are not entitled to have that opinion automatically respected, especially when it is the opposite of oberservable, quantifiable fact.

Here's another fact for you: players have dips in form because of a variety of reasons, not least of which is fatigue.

Here's yet another fact for you: Barca and PSG were fighting over Wijnaldum, two of the world's biggest clubs. Which in turn, makes the opinion of those who think he's no good, worthless.

This is the problem with the internet: gobshites think their bullshit opinions have to be respected. They do not. If an opinion is obviously a load of bollocks, it's worthless, which is exactly what an opinion that is the opposite of oberservable, quantifiable fact is: worthless.

Where did I mention Wijnaldum? I wanted him to stay so you're preaching to the converted.

You didn't answer my other two questions mate
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28653: Jul 17, 2021 05:50:11 pm
      Where did I mention Wijnaldum? I wanted him to stay so you're preaching to the converted.

You didn't answer my other two questions mate

The Wijnaldum sh*t was an ongoing shitposters dream on here for a long time, so it has that in common with the Firmino shitposting.

Carragher is a pundit - he gets paid to stir sh*t, so that's what he does.
      Never, ever believe a pundit.
      Pundits insisted Klopp played a 442 at one time.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #28654: Jul 17, 2021 06:10:35 pm
      For all the enthusiasm and support you and the other FSG fans shower on our errant owners it would seem they have been a tremendous asset to LFC.

Apparently not it appears.

Two trophies in 11 years is certainly not a commendable record for FSG,  the plaudits must go to the genius of JĆ¼rgen Klopp who has acheived in spite of fhe apparent failings of FSG.

Which means you expected more trophies... back in point. They did something which added two major trophies - hiring Klopp plus sanctioning transfers. What did they fail to do that prevented us from winning more trophies?

In a close title race we could all argue if that shot had crossed the line we would be a few points better off and hence we could have added another trophy.

But what did FSG fail to do that prevented us from winning more trophies? This would be a clear failing of them if we can find and present real evidence. Iā€™d like to understand this point better.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #28655: Jul 17, 2021 06:15:17 pm
      The Wijnaldum sh*t was an ongoing shitposters dream on here for a long time, so it has that in common with the Firmino shitposting.

Carragher is a pundit - he gets paid to stir sh*t, so that's what he does.
      Never, ever believe a pundit.
      Pundits insisted Klopp played a 442 at one time.

Iā€™m a professional pundit on this forum. ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28656: Jul 17, 2021 06:17:11 pm
      I'd agree with this if they hadn't stated what they were going to do as soon as they came in.

If there was any grey area, I'd be right there with you.

Problem is, I can't really have a pop at someone for sticking to their word.
      And even then, we've got a new stand, new training complex and another new stand on the way.

From my perspective, they've brought the club into the 21st century after decades of neglect, and a few years of shysters trying to asset strip us, increased commercial revenue, built a great squad, and won a few trophies.

Iā€™m not Knocking what they have done thus farā€¦ what Iā€™m saying principle or not it would be nice to dip into funds other than what club generatesā€¦

Flip the coin..

Would you still be happy with FSG if they stuck to their principles & only spent what the club generated if it started to have a detrimental impact on the team, trophies & we become a team that only challenges for top 4..?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28657: Jul 17, 2021 06:19:58 pm
      Iā€™m not Knocking what they have done thus farā€¦ what Iā€™m saying principle or not it would be nice to dip into funds other than what club generatesā€¦

Flip the coin..

Would you still be happy with FSG if they stuck to their principles & only spent what the club generated if it started to have a detrimental impact on the team, trophies & we become a team that only challenges for top 4..?

As I said, I find it hard to knock someone for sticking to their word.

Quick Reply