Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2644183 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29187: Sep 07, 2021 05:40:18 pm
      "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"

I've seen you mention this a number of times and just wanted to know what you actually mean by this? And if you could explain without rambling that would be great mate.

Say the club is valued at Ā£3B at the time of any sale, you do realise that the buyer is giving FSG that money to take on the assets of LFC and not Ā£3B will suddenly be taken from the club into FSG'S pockets?

Anyone who would spend that money would be doing so to continue to grow the club and therefore I don't see what the issue is?

No owner debt to be paid back and the shareholders will get their share of the sale money.

You tell me how much FSG and the shareholders claim when they sell up!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29188: Sep 07, 2021 05:43:06 pm
      You tell me how much FSG and the shareholders claim when they sell up!

They claim whatever the buyer agrees to pay based on its value. Pretty sure I made that clear in the list above??

It's what you actually think that means is my real question as it appears you think Ā£3B would be withdrawn from the club accounts.
      « Last Edit: Sep 07, 2021 05:51:56 pm by srslfc »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #29189: Sep 07, 2021 05:48:25 pm
      Say the club is valued at Ā£3B at the time of any sale, you do realise that the buyer is giving FSG that money to take on the assets of LFC and not Ā£3B will suddenly be taken from the club into FSG'S pockets?

Anyone who would spend that money would be doing so to continue to grow the club and therefore I don't see what the issue is?

That they are making too much money through my beloved community club. And I am not happy with that?

And if they have so much money, give us some to replace Divock with Kylian and Mini with Kane. Explained!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29190: Sep 07, 2021 05:50:26 pm
      I do not ā€œdislikeā€ the owners.
      Once again I was as made up as any supporter of this club when the other fraudulent bas**rds were fu**ed off

After some time elapsed and managers came and went the FSG modus operandi was scrutinised.

As you point out they are businessmen/entrepreneurs but prior to Klopp this fact was not so well accepted.
      There was talk of demonstrations by some who were not happy with the manner in which FSG conducted their business.

JĆ¼rgen Klopp turned it all around, won us stuff and the brand became a leader, fairy muff.
      Klopp achieved not FSG.
      But consider this when Klopp gets off we are back to square one.
      More sobering is the situation when the entrepreneurs  sell up and take what they consider they're entitled to and the pay out for the shareholders - that's business.

If the club is bought the new owners will give them the money from the purchase 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29191: Sep 07, 2021 06:02:18 pm
      They claim whatever the buyer agrees to pay based on its value. Pretty sure I made that clear in the list above??

It's what you actually think that means is my real question as it appears you actually think Ā£3B would be withdrawn from the club accounts.

Do leave it out Si, I can be as cutting and insulting with some of the naive sh*t you put up but for the sake of discussion let it ride.
      How the F**k could they claim an estimate, a hypothetical figure for the stock market jugglers??
      They will take what they think they and the shareholders deserve, they will have little regard for the club or the fans as previously pointed out by 7KK.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29192: Sep 07, 2021 06:06:53 pm
      Do leave it out Si, I can be as cutting and insulting with some of the naive sh*t you put up but for the sake of discussion let it ride.
      How the F**k could they claim an estimate, a hypothetical figure for the stock market jugglers??
      They will take what they think they and the shareholders deserve, they will have little regard for the club or the fans as previously pointed out by 7KK.

Sorry if I've annoyed you but I honestly don't think you understand what actually happens when a business is sold.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29193: Sep 07, 2021 06:20:48 pm
      How the f**k could they claim an estimate, a hypothetical figure for the stock market jugglers??

Why do you keep going on about stock market and shareholders when FSG and indeed Liverpool is not a public company on the stock market
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #29194: Sep 07, 2021 06:30:36 pm
      Why do you keep going on about stock market and shareholders when FSG and indeed Liverpool is not a public company on the stock market

Weā€™re 4% up in pre-market opening today. Rumours of a takeover by Chinese businessmen who own one of the largest fin tech companies in China. Stock analysts are saying more commercial sponsorships  will be lined up from the Far East which will be beneficial to earnings. However our wage bill is quite high and needs some culling. If we can control our wage bill, the upside to our stock price would be over 20% from current share price levels.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #29195: Sep 07, 2021 06:46:02 pm
      Weā€™re 4% up in pre-market opening today. Rumours of a takeover by Chinese businessmen who own one of the largest fin tech companies in China. Stock analysts are saying more commercial sponsorships  will be lined up from the Far East which will be beneficial to earnings. However our wage bill is quite high and needs some culling. If we can control our wage bill, the upside to our stock price would be over 20% from current share price levels.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'll add to it. Technicals are already looking good, just need another catalyst for us to go sky high. Then the 'promoters' will actually sell up, make hefty profit.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #29196: Sep 07, 2021 09:56:42 pm
      At this point, I couldn't care less who the owners are as long as the football club is being run correctly and funds are made available when they are needed/requested by the manager. I don't think owners should be doing things like the Super League, furloughs, trademarking city names, etc... I'm pretty sure every single one of us can be on the page there (and if not then you really are just an FSG fan-girl). So for that, I don't have anything nice to say about this particular group of yanks.  As far as how transfers are funded, it's not like it's a secret that we are a sell to buy club and that's primarily how we work. It is what it is. I don't think that's going to change. Klopp seems to go along with that and doesn't appear (publicly) to disagree with that notion. He talks about how the owners back him when he asks although there's really not much way for us to really know if that is always 100% true. Personally, I'd like to see us speculate to accumulate from time to time but that's not our model so I doubt it's going to happen. I'm glad that the players that need renewing are getting new contracts, it's important to keep your core team intact as long as they are viable, I don't like the way they seem to wait to announce those renewals when they know fans are frustrated with other things, certainly feels like the club is taking the piss out of us sometimes in that respect.

Overall, there's plenty of things to placate most folks, but personally I just don't like FSG, and I defended them early on in the Kenny/Brendan era so it's not like I'm some FSG-out knuckle-head. I just don't like how they operate and I don't like how they seem to be inflexible from this moneyball approach that will likely only work with someone like Klopp at the helm. But, I suppose we could do a lot worse...although that doesn't mean that we can't dream about doing a lot better. I will say this, anyone that spends the better part of their days defending FSG from all of us critical of them needs to re-evaluate what they really love about this club because it's just weird to constantly find ways to absolve them of some of the stupid sh*t they've done.

Good post. I feel more or less the same way. I'm mindful of the thoroughly sh*t times we've been through under previous owners -- the lack of investment and the lack of foresight to move with the times that held us back for so long under Moores; the financial calamity and civil war that we endured under H&G -- and this should serve both as a reminder of how far we've come but also as a warning to treat corporate types with a healthy degree of skepticism.

FSG took advantage of a crisis and did not come to our aid out of love for the club. Their interests do not align perfectly with the fans' and sometimes diverge with disastrous consequences, as should be clear from the ESL fiasco and other episodes of madness. As supporters it's our job to hold them to account and to a higher standard than they might otherwise get away with, which I find to be a more natural disposition towards owners of a football club than the ready embrace of methods which ultimately are aimed at generating revenue and an increase in FSG's net asset value.

This doesn't mean we have to be churlish about giving FSG credit where it's due -- for appointing the manager who transformed our fortunes, selecting sensible people to do solid jobs in coaching, technical roles and recruitment, for following through with the stadium expansion, new training centre etc. Financially we are stable and by and large they have done a fairly good job.

But good can always be better and that's the attitude you have to adopt in order to remain at the top consistently. The owners adopt a relatively cautious approach to transfer spending which I think was a factor in our dramatic collapse last season and would be more of a problem if we didn't have such a great manager. Very few on this forum have ventured to suggest that another manager under the same set up would have achieved a similar level of success. You might say it doesn't matter as JĆ¼rgen is here for the foreseeable -- fair enough -- but whilst he's here I hope we go the extra mile to make the most of it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29197: Sep 07, 2021 10:14:02 pm
      Sorry if I've annoyed you but I honestly don't think you understand what actually happens when a business is sold.

I fully understand if they sold out tomorrow FSG and the shareholders would make a huge profit on their Ā£360m investment.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #29198: Sep 07, 2021 11:14:30 pm
      Donā€™t go down that cost of equity and weighted averageā€¦ never mind. Very few would understand CF. And I donā€™t mean centre forward.

Nah, not going down there even though they taught us in school that cost of equity greater than cost of debt. Just from my personal experience, by constantly injecting equity as an owner you are putting costs towards the club and putting more risks as an owner, that's why someone like Abramovich asks so much in return. The club is better off with intercompany loans with 0% or very very low interest rates.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29199: Sep 07, 2021 11:26:01 pm
      I haven't really posted in this thread much over the years, as FSG have been doing OK, managing their investment prudently [make no mistake, that's what it is to them, and when the time is right, they'll sell it for a handsome profit], and allowing one of the best managers in the world [maybe *the* best] to do his job - but a few things have pissed me off recently:

- the Super League - of course they weren't the only owners involved - but that doesn't make it OK - they've lost trust, respect and credit as a result, and combined with the recent lack of investment, now just seem out of touch, hiding gutless and cashless behind JĆ¼rgen's skirts

- JĆ¼rgen has *no money to spend* on squad improvement this summer - NONE - not true? well, if it's not true, then you believe that an excellent manager challenging on multiple fronts [PL, CL, etc] against other teams that have strengthened simply *chooses* not to freshen up his squad.  So believe what you will there.  And Konate coming in was balanced financially by a fair number of players leaving - I think more money came in from outgoing players that was spent on incoming players

- we've lost a regular first XI player and not added a first XI player - and that's even though many of our first XI players have been first XI players for years now, and the physical effort is starting to take its toll, injuries are cropping up more, some players don't look quiet as sharp as they did - oh, and a particular bugbear, Thiago a replacement for Gini a year early - please ...

- all this contract publicity, pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining, making it sound like something amazing is happening - rather than doing what every other major club does without much fanfare - just to distract from the lack of transfers - and it's worked to some extent, as some people are repeating the line like its some kind of miraculous event

Have said it before, have no axe to grind with FSG - they're just money men, like any other money men - but they don't understand the club or care about it the way lifelong fans do - I look at whether JĆ¼rgen is being given the tools to do his job - and JĆ¼rgen has proven he doesn't need ridiculous sums - just enough to make clinical buys - but he's been left hanging this summer.
      Don't think it's rocket science to say that if you don't invest in something, it won't continue to grow and prosper. And, right now, FSG are coming up well short.

I really hope we can challenge this season. Though I don't see us as favorites over the long haul. Hope am wrong though, and JĆ¼rgen and the lads can recreate some of the magic of 19/20. Would be absolutely amazing to do it again, but this time with the fans in there beside them :)
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #29200: Sep 08, 2021 11:27:48 am
      I haven't really posted in this thread much over the years, as FSG have been doing OK, managing their investment prudently [make no mistake, that's what it is to them, and when the time is right, they'll sell it for a handsome profit], and allowing one of the best managers in the world [maybe *the* best] to do his job - but a few things have pissed me off recently:
      Make no mistake, FSG has zero history shedding assets for profit.
      LFC is a core FSG holding that will bear fruit for this organization for a long long time.
      Sure, FSG treats LFC like a business, because it is a business.....an incredibly solvent business these days thanks to FSG and no doubt the envy of many football board rooms across the world.

- the Super League - of course they weren't the only owners involved - but that doesn't make it OK - they've lost trust, respect and credit as a result, and combined with the recent lack of investment, now just seem out of touch, hiding gutless and cashless behind JĆ¼rgen's skirts
      I still don't understand why fans wouldn't want their team to substitute meaningless cups vs 2nd and 3rd division hamlets in order to play the best teams in the world regularly...but to each his own

- JĆ¼rgen has *no money to spend* on squad improvement this summer - NONE - not true? well, if it's not true, then you believe that an excellent manager challenging on multiple fronts [PL, CL, etc] against other teams that have strengthened simply *chooses* not to freshen up his squad.  So believe what you will there.  And Konate coming in was balanced financially by a fair number of players leaving - I think more money came in from outgoing players that was spent on incoming players
      Who do you want to replace?
      Which elite players want to come to LFC to be substitutes?
      How much revenue was lost due to Covid?

- we've lost a regular first XI player and not added a first XI player - and that's even though many of our first XI players have been first XI players for years now, and the physical effort is starting to take its toll, injuries are cropping up more, some players don't look quiet as sharp as they did - oh, and a particular bugbear, Thiago a replacement for Gini a year early - please ...
      Seems to me Gini has been replaced and that young replacement has arguably been the best LFC player on the pitch for chunks of games.
      Regarding Thiago, I have been puzzled by his lack of playing time (injury?). I do know when Fabs returned to midfield last spring, we finally got to see Thiago in the role he was brought in for....and the offense clicked and the wins came in bunches.

- all this contract publicity, pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining, making it sound like something amazing is happening - rather than doing what every other major club does without much fanfare - just to distract from the lack of transfers - and it's worked to some extent, as some people are repeating the line like its some kind of miraculous event
      Locking up some of the league/world's best players long term should be celebrated.
      Losing stars can be calamitous (refer to the bigs in Spain & Italy)

Have said it before, have no axe to grind with FSG - they're just money men, like any other money men - but they don't understand the club or care about it the way lifelong fans do - I look at whether JĆ¼rgen is being given the tools to do his job - and JĆ¼rgen has proven he doesn't need ridiculous sums - just enough to make clinical buys - but he's been left hanging this summer.
      Don't think it's rocket science to say that if you don't invest in something, it won't continue to grow and prosper. And, right now, FSG are coming up well short.
      Investment comes in many forms.
      Increasing seating capacity at Anfield will strengthen the club by multiples for decades
      Long term commitments of core players are being secured weekly....unlike a half decade ago when stars clawed their way out of town.
      These days players reup with almost no drama.
      Again, who do you want replaced?

I really hope we can challenge this season. Though I don't see us as favorites over the long haul. Hope am wrong though, and JĆ¼rgen and the lads can recreate some of the magic of 19/20. Would be absolutely amazing to do it again, but this time with the fans in there beside them :)
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29201: Sep 08, 2021 04:23:07 pm

Make no mistake, FSG has zero history shedding assets for profit.

- they won't hold on forever, and will sell when it suits them and nobody else, for financial reasons

Re the super league

- regardless of what we'd have been leaving behind/going to  -  the point is these poxy money men did all this for months behind everyones backs, told nobody, then presented it as a fait accompli
      - see here plebs, whot whot, this is how we, who haven't a bogs notion about football want it to work in future - you'll love it - and we'll get dumper trucks of cash
      - why supporters still seem so loyal to people who can do that to them, is a mystery to me
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29202: Sep 09, 2021 08:14:54 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29203: Sep 11, 2021 09:25:52 am
      I don't follow any of these lunatics but this made me chuckle.

https://twitter.com/AlucardKing3/status/1436432949805785110?s=19

The Mayor ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29204: Sep 11, 2021 12:12:05 pm

Corbs has blocked me on Twitter now. Oh well
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29205: Sep 15, 2021 10:11:19 pm
      What's peoples thoughts on how short they've left us in the attacking positions?

We've had a couple of injuries and look where we've ended up. We've had to play Ox as cf. Yes we won, but Leeds were sh*t and Milan was a very close call tonight. He was forced to play Origi and he done F**k all once again. Try that sh*t against a decent team and we get beat.

In peoples defence of FSG they stated Harvey could play upfront. That's no longer an option for the forseeable future.

This is a question for those who wish to discuss these concerns like adults not for some of the dickheads on here who will come along, veins busting out their necks, giving it "you f*****g c**t b*****d piece of s**t" because someone dares to discuss a concern of theirs.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29206: Sep 15, 2021 11:34:46 pm
      What's peoples thoughts on how short they've left us in the attacking positions?

We've had a couple of injuries and look where we've ended up. We've had to play Ox as cf. Yes we won, but Leeds were sh*t and Milan was a very close call tonight. He was forced to play Origi and he done f**k all once again. Try that sh*t against a decent team and we get beat.

In peoples defence of FSG they stated Harvey could play upfront. That's no longer an option for the forseeable future.

This is a question for those who wish to discuss these concerns like adults not for some of the dickheads on here who will come along, veins busting out their necks, giving it "you f*****g c**t b*****d piece of s**t" because someone dares to discuss a concern of theirs.

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/844919344677179397?s=21
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #29207: Sep 17, 2021 02:26:30 pm
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29208: Sep 17, 2021 03:01:26 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29209: Sep 17, 2021 03:11:28 pm

He should just stick to commenting on the wrestling!!

If only he knew, the council would bend over and open their own cheeks wide for FSG.

Quick Reply