Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643679 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29210: Sep 17, 2021 03:17:48 pm
      This is a question for those who wish to discuss these concerns like adults not for some of the dickheads on here who will come along, veins busting out their necks, giving it "you f*****g c**t b*****d piece of s**t" because someone dares to discuss a concern of theirs.

The question should really be for match-goers in all honesty lad. We did used to have a saying way back when "Don't go, don't blow"

So you carry on discussing the concerns like that adult you are, I'll carry on supporting the club with my Scouse F***ing veins bursting out my neck.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29211: Sep 17, 2021 03:28:17 pm

Suspect he knows F**k all and trying to play media games for his old club
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29212: Sep 17, 2021 03:36:16 pm
      Suspect he knows F**k all and trying to play media games for his old club

It's all for the benefit of Bayern. Probably trying to tap Haaland up to replace Lewandowski
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #29213: Sep 17, 2021 04:20:53 pm
      I don’t get the anti owner debate being honest. I said I was against them after the Super League sh*te but all clubs would have done that thinking logically.

We have had our most successful period since the 80’s under them and look well set to challenge for more honours in an era that is more difficult than ever.

I wish they would open their chequebook more and got us another attacker and midfielder in the summer and I do think we operate under a sell to buy policy to a degree, but to be frank, it’s brought us the league after 30 years and the Champions League.

I fancy us for the title or CL this season and expect us to go deep in the competitions provided we don’t suffer the injuries we did last season.

Last season was a freak in terms of injuries and anyone who deny’s that is not worth debating with. Just think people are far too entrenched in their views by this stage to admit otherwise.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #29214: Sep 17, 2021 04:56:11 pm
      It's all for the benefit of Bayern. Probably trying to tap Haaland up to replace Lewandowski

Considering the history of Bayern taking Dortmund's best players, sounds about right.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #29215: Sep 17, 2021 05:09:50 pm
      I don’t get the anti owner debate being honest. I said I was against them after the Super League sh*te but all clubs would have done that thinking logically.

We have had our most successful period since the 80’s under them and look well set to challenge for more honours in an era that is more difficult than ever.

I wish they would open their chequebook more and got us another attacker and midfielder in the summer and I do think we operate under a sell to buy policy to a degree, but to be frank, it’s brought us the league after 30 years and the Champions League.

I fancy us for the title or CL this season and expect us to go deep in the competitions provided we don’t suffer the injuries we did last season.

Last season was a freak in terms of injuries and anyone who deny’s that is not worth debating with. Just think people are far too entrenched in their views by this stage to admit otherwise.

That's because some people see net spend as the only measure of future success, when in reality net spend as an indicator of anything is hugely flawed. If the netspenders want to have their little circle jerk in this thread that is fine as long as they let the other threads free of that garbage and conversations can be had.

Speaking of Bayern, only twice in the past 10 years (maybe more) have they paid more than 40M for any player (Sane/Hernandez) and even got one of the best strikers of his generation (Lewa) for free.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29216: Sep 17, 2021 05:12:38 pm

Last season was unlucky with injuries but if the owner had got their hands in their pockets for quality stand ins while the sell to buy option was not available, that could have saved the season.

Our title winning season was due in no small part to an amazing lack of injuries, the owners rode their luck and it paid off - LFC should not have to gamble with success.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #29217: Sep 17, 2021 05:17:46 pm
      Last season was unlucky with injuries but if the owner had got their hands in their pockets for quality stand ins while the sell to buy option was not available, that could have saved the season.

Our title winning season was due in no small part to an amazing lack of injuries, the owners rode their luck and it paid off - LFC should not have to gamble with success.

Mate I believe they should get their hand in their pocket more. But at one point we had VVD, Matip, Gomez, Williams and Phillips out i think. Then we had Hendo and Fab step in and they got injured. You can’t plan for that at all, it’s an insane injury list all focussed on one position.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29218: Sep 17, 2021 05:43:11 pm
      Mate I believe they should get their hand in their pocket more. But at one point we had VVD, Matip, Gomez, Williams and Phillips out i think. Then we had Hendo and Fab step in and they got injured. You can’t plan for that at all, it’s an insane injury list all focussed on one position.

Unfortunately common sense won’t help in any discussion in regards the owners
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #29219: Sep 17, 2021 06:07:59 pm
      We should back up our backups with world class backups regardless of the price.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29220: Sep 17, 2021 06:23:02 pm

So I guess you don't see any difference between previous years, and this summer.

Over previous years - yes - we have been strengthening the first team, and the squad. Massive players coming in who made a huge difference and put us in a position to challenge. And all done spending less money than our competitors - with the success that followed down in the main imho to player recruitment decisions, and coaching, by Jürgen and his staff.

*** THIS SUMMER ***
      We signed Konate.
      Gini and Shaq left. Elliot is now injured. Wilson, Grujic and others also left [though not impacting on a challenge, they brought in more money than Konate cost]

I don't care about net spend etc. 
      But that is a net loss in playing staff from last season - that's just a fact and not something to debate, surely. 

Whether we can cope with that, and challenge for silverware, will depend on the players and staff, and a lot of luck with injuries - and DESPITE FSG's lack of investment this summer.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #29221: Sep 17, 2021 06:25:58 pm
      So I guess you don't see any difference between previous years, and this summer.

Over previous years - yes - we have been strengthening the first team, and the squad. Massive players coming in who made a huge difference and put us in a position to challenge. And all done spending less money than our competitors - with the success that followed down in the main imho to player recruitment decisions, and coaching, by Jürgen and his staff.

*** THIS SUMMER ***
      We signed Konate.
      Gini and Shaq left. Elliot is now injured. Wilson, Grujic and others also left [though not impacting on a challenge, they brought in more money than Konate cost]

I don't care about net spend etc. 
      But that is a net loss in playing staff from last season - that's just a fact and not something to debate, surely. 

Whether we can cope with that, and challenge for silverware, will depend on the players and staff, and a lot of luck with injuries - and DESPITE FSG's lack of investment this summer.

Don’t see how you draw that conclusion given I’ve said I think we should have signed an attacker and a midfielder? Yes I think we are short up too and in the middle, I don’t think Keita or Ox can be relied upon and we shouldn’t be placing out faith in a now injured 18 year old. But I do think our squad is capable of challenging provided we don’t suffer the injuries we had last year.

My point in trying to get at generally speaking is I don’t get the whole FSG OUT vibe that exists given how we have performed to date under their tenure?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29222: Sep 17, 2021 06:26:11 pm

Fairy muff mate but the FSG faithful refuse to acknowledge that a very viable asset must be fed to take full advantage of its capabilities.

When Klopp calls it a day we are back to average managers getting average results.
      Only his genius can produce occasional success under owners who refuse to back Klopp financially.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29223: Sep 17, 2021 06:39:46 pm

And what was our glorious owners answer to the injury crisis... to wait till the end of the January transfer window and buy cheap, luckily we went on a run at the end but could have been a different outcome
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29224: Sep 17, 2021 06:43:13 pm
      When Klopp calls it a day we are back to average managers getting average results.

Not necessarily, IMO Ljinders would be the man to take over from Klopp. Spent a long time working together, already plays a crucial role in this team.

Anyway, Klopp isn’t going anywhere yet and a lot can happen between now and then so there’s no point saying what situation we may or may not be in once he’s left.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #29225: Sep 17, 2021 06:58:25 pm
      Can any one who has commented on FSG’s failure to provide Jürgen with another top drawer striker, honestly say they know that Jürgen has actually pinpointed a striker he wants. 
      No good FSG finding a striker, they are the business end.
      Jürgen has to do that, he’s the footballing end.

Who do you suggest Jürgen has requested that they have refused point blank to buy 🤷‍♂️

It seems people have an agenda with FSG for not funding who THEY would like to see at the club, regardless of what Jürgen thinks. 😂😂😂
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29226: Sep 17, 2021 07:42:09 pm
      Can any one who has commented on FSG’s failure to provide Jürgen with another top drawer striker, honestly say they know that Jürgen has actually pinpointed a striker he wants. 
      No good FSG finding a striker, they are the business end.
      Jürgen has to do that, he’s the footballing end.

Who do you suggest Jürgen has requested that they have refused point blank to buy 🤷‍♂️

It seems people have an agenda with FSG for not funding who THEY would like to see at the club, regardless of what Jürgen thinks. 😂😂😂

Sancho and Werner spring to mind.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29227: Sep 17, 2021 08:29:13 pm
      Not necessarily, IMO Ljinders would be the man to take over from Klopp. Spent a long time working together, already plays a crucial role in this team.

Anyway, Klopp isn’t going anywhere yet and a lot can happen between now and then so there’s no point saying what situation we may or may not be in once he’s left.

You would be hard put to replicate the genius of Klopp no matter what the association.
      In the context of Klopp saving LFC from the clutches of American entrepreneurs his eventual departure from the club is concerning.
      Prospects of managers in waiting are a distant memory.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29228: Sep 17, 2021 09:20:43 pm
      So we still have some that want the club to spend beyond their means then
      « Last Edit: Sep 17, 2021 11:01:40 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #29229: Sep 17, 2021 10:39:49 pm
      So we still have some that want the club to leave outside their means then

Well, it is nice to spend someone else’s money.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #29230: Sep 17, 2021 10:50:01 pm
      Well, it is nice to spend someone else’s money.

Erm… that’s exactly what the owners are doing..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29231: Sep 17, 2021 11:00:58 pm
      Erm… that’s exactly what the owners are doing..

Whose money are they spending ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29232: Sep 18, 2021 12:41:59 am
      Only his genius can produce occasional success under owners who refuse to back Klopp financially.

Absolute nonsense once again.

Leaving how good Jürgen is to one side, and he is that good no one disputes that, to say no one could produce results similar to what he has is plain silly as there is a lot of great coaches working who could be successful here.

Quick Reply