Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643484 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29233: Sep 18, 2021 12:48:32 am
      The reds have got no money but we'll still win the league 🎵🎵
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29234: Sep 18, 2021 04:40:20 am
      Absolute nonsense once again.

Leaving how good JĆ¼rgen is to one side, and he is that good no one disputes that, to say no one could produce results similar to what he has is plain silly as there is a lot of great coaches working who could be successful here.

Name one coach that can sign one world class player in three seasons and still push for a title.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29235: Sep 18, 2021 07:04:56 am
      Last season was unlucky with injuries but if the owner had got their hands in their pockets for quality stand ins while the sell to buy option was not available, that could have saved the season.

Our title winning season was due in no small part to an amazing lack of injuries, the owners rode their luck and it paid off - LFC should not have to gamble with success.

Last season was a one off in regards to the injuries we sustained, you canā€™t expect the owners to have a crystal ball and know in advance that we would lose 75% of the system we utilise, the transfer window had closed by the time Pickford and Richarleson committed ABH on Virgil & Thiago, so I donā€™t see where the owners would have gotten the quality stand inā€™s you mention mate,

As for the title winning campaign the luck the owners had was signing JĆ¼rgen in the first instance, you have been a advocate for that all along, so itā€™s hard for us to accept that on one hand itā€™s the owners fault when we donā€™t have success and itā€™s only down to JĆ¼rgen when we do, the owners buy to sell policy is difficult to argue against, that same policy has brought us a multitude of silverware including a CL win & the EPL title, itā€™s not ideal but itā€™s working, Iā€™d rather have this than being hundreds of millions in debt,

They may be tight arsed but they have delivered what they said they would, we have a brand new shiny stand and further plans to extend the Annie Rd end, therefore extending match day revenue which In turn gives a larger spending budget, the Academy is producing potential stars and weā€™re starting to see the fruits of their labour, and those who donā€™t quite make the grade can be sold, another revenue stream,

But the most important thing is that if JĆ¼rgen feels he doesnā€™t need anyone coming in it wonā€™t happen, currently he is happy with what he has, he is happy having a smaller squad than perhaps our rivals have, maybe itā€™s easier for him to manage a smaller squad and eliminates upsetting players that sit on the bench months on end not to mention the wage bill that come with it.

My gripe with the owners is their disconnect with us, the supporters, it seems they only cross the pond when we reach the latter stages of major competitionā€™s, it would do them no harm if they would perhaps visit more often and get involved more, apart from that, theyā€™ll do for me.

Y  N  W  A
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #29236: Sep 18, 2021 07:16:44 am

Last season was a one off in regards to the injuries we sustained, you canā€™t expect the owners to have a crystal ball and know in advance that we would lose 75% of the system we utilise, the transfer window had closed by the time Pickford and Richarleson committed ABH on Virgil & Thiago, so I donā€™t see where the owners would have gotten the quality stand inā€™s you mention mate,

As for the title winning campaign the luck the owners had was signing JĆ¼rgen in the first instance, you have been a advocate for that all along, so itā€™s hard for us to accept that on one hand itā€™s the owners fault when we donā€™t have success and itā€™s only down to JĆ¼rgen when we do, the owners buy to sell policy is difficult to argue against, that same policy has brought us a multitude of silverware including a CL win & the EPL title, itā€™s not ideal but itā€™s working, Iā€™d rather have this than being hundreds of millions in debt,

They may be tight arsed but they have delivered what they said they would, we have a brand new shiny stand and further plans to extend the Annie Rd end, therefore extending match day revenue which In turn gives a larger spending budget, the Academy is producing potential stars and weā€™re starting to see the fruits of their labour, and those who donā€™t quite make the grade can be sold, another revenue stream,

But the most important thing is that if JĆ¼rgen feels he doesnā€™t need anyone coming in it wonā€™t happen, currently he is happy with what he has, he is happy having a smaller squad than perhaps our rivals have, maybe itā€™s easier for him to manage a smaller squad and eliminates upsetting players that sit on the bench months on end not to mention the wage bill that come with it.

My gripe with the owners is their disconnect with us, the supporters, it seems they only cross the pond when we reach the latter stages of major competitionā€™s, it would do them no harm if they would perhaps visit more often and get involved more, apart from that, theyā€™ll do for me.

Y  N  W  A

Stop talking sense mate. It doesn't suit you 😂
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29237: Sep 18, 2021 07:45:04 am
      Name one coach that can sign one world class player in three seasons and still push for a title.

I'm not getting into a childish "name one" debate, but if you think in the whole of World football there is only one person who could win with us then your a fool.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29238: Sep 18, 2021 11:13:41 am
      Absolute nonsense once again.

Leaving how good JĆ¼rgen is to one side, and he is that good no one disputes that, to say no one could produce results similar to what he has is plain silly as there is a lot of great coaches working who could be successful here.

You dismiss as "absolute nonsense" a statement that is factually correct!
      Klopp is regarded as one of the best, if not the very best manager on the planet!

He took the job of managing LFC because he has an empathy with the club and the city, the thought of him opting for the post because of a questionable desire to work under FSG is ludicrous.

If anything the opposite is true with the best manager in the world willing to use his undoubted skills in bringing success to the club under the financial constriction of our owners.
      Coping with the injuries last season and replacing world class players with understudies was too much for even Klopp..

Previous managers selected by FSG
      is an indication of life after Klopp,
      the thought of such an unlikely scenario as a top coach working under Scrooge management is unthinkable.

Another example of short term planning by FSG, smash and grab financial strategy does not involve a long term mindset.
      « Last Edit: Sep 18, 2021 11:26:59 am by stuey »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29239: Sep 18, 2021 11:57:10 am
      You dismiss as "absolute nonsense" a statement that is factually correct!
      Klopp is regarded as one of the best, if not the very best manager on the planet!

He took the job of managing LFC because he has an empathy with the club and the city, the thought of him opting for the post because of a questionable desire to work under FSG is ludicrous.

If anything the opposite is true with the best manager in the world willing to use his undoubted skills in bringing success to the club under the financial constriction of our owners.
      Coping with the injuries last season and replacing world class players with understudies was too much for even Klopp..

Previous managers selected by FSG
      is an indication of life after Klopp,
      the thought of such an unlikely scenario as a top coach working under Scrooge management is unthinkable.

Another example of short term planning by FSG, smash and grab financial strategy does not involve a long term mindset.

What you posted is not 'factually correct' its your opinion.

When Klopp calls it a day we are back to average managers getting average results.
      Only his genius can produce occasional success under owners who refuse to back Klopp financially.

This is not a factual statement. It's what you think will happen when JĆ¼rgen leaves and the second paragraph is what you believe, in that only JĆ¼rgen out of every single coach working in the game could have success under FSG.

It's difficult to have a sensible debate with you at the best if times but when you think your opinion is fact makes it all the more difficult.

I don't think you can call a strategy over 10 years growing the club to finally end the wait for the league title short term planning.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29240: Sep 18, 2021 12:35:08 pm
      What you posted is not 'factually correct' its your opinion.

This is not a factual statement. It's what you think will happen when JĆ¼rgen leaves and the second paragraph is what you believe, in that only JĆ¼rgen out of every single coach working in the game could have success under FSG.

It's difficult to have a sensible debate with you at the best if times but when you think your opinion is fact makes it all the more difficult.
      Donā€™t talk out of your arse!
      Klopp came here of HIS choosing and in spite of FSG, his mission was to save LFC from the ruinous economic strategy the owners pursue.
      Every manager beside Klopp was appointed and sacked by FSG so any implication of higher judgement on their part is horseshit.

I don't think you can call a strategy over 10 years growing the club to finally end the wait for the league title short term planning.

Klopp brought us glory in spite of FSG.
      « Last Edit: Sep 18, 2021 12:42:28 pm by stuey »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29241: Sep 18, 2021 12:48:44 pm
      Every manager beside Klopp was appointed and sacked by FSG so any implication of higher judgement on their part is horseshit.

Literally no idea what your getting at here or what this means.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29242: Sep 18, 2021 12:58:56 pm
      Literally no idea what your getting at here or what this means.

They havenā€™t got a F***ing scooby.
      Any clearer?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #29243: Sep 18, 2021 01:03:47 pm
      Donā€™t talk out of your arse!
      Klopp came here of HIS choosing and in spite of FSG, his mission was to save LFC from the ruinous economic strategy the owners pursue.

Oh Stuey. You canā€™t honestly believe that JĆ¼rgen before joining Liverpool saw his mission as being to ā€˜saveā€™ us from financial ruin.

I could go along with believing that maybe he felt it would be ā€˜romanticā€™ to take Liverpool back to the top, but rescuing us from financial ruin? Not having that Iā€™m afraid.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29244: Sep 18, 2021 01:05:56 pm
      They havenā€™t got a F***ing scooby.
      Any clearer?

Not really but I expected a deflection rather than trying to explain the nonsense.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29245: Sep 18, 2021 01:10:07 pm
      I'm not getting into a childish "name one" debate, but if you think in the whole of World football there is only one person who could win with us then your a fool.

But will any of these world class managers are going to come here under the financial constraints FSGoperate under
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29246: Sep 18, 2021 01:11:08 pm
      Thats why Klopp is so special
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29247: Sep 18, 2021 01:13:36 pm
      But will any of these world class managers are going to come here under the financial constraints FSGoperate under

Some will want to come here , some won't.

Same as always.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29248: Sep 18, 2021 01:26:53 pm
      Oh Stuey. You canā€™t honestly believe that JĆ¼rgen before joining Liverpool saw his mission as being to ā€˜saveā€™ us from financial ruin.

I could go along with believing that maybe he felt it would be ā€˜romanticā€™ to take Liverpool back to the top, but rescuing us from financial ruin? Not having that Iā€™m afraid.

Never mentioned ā€œfinancial ruinā€ mate.
      FSG are not providing any financial support for the proven asset that is LFC.
      They loan the club monies for building projects etc but have not spent any more than the initial buy out money 11 years ago.
      Donā€™t want a Citeh scenario but some financial support when necessary, like building on success when we won the league.
      Everyone agreed it was a situation primarily to save money but in the longer term proved detrimental to our prospects.
      Just one totally predictable error on the part of our market playing owners
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29249: Sep 18, 2021 01:33:48 pm
      Not really but I expected a deflection rather than trying to explain the nonsense.

Youā€™re better than that Si, you know exactly what I mean!
      FSG and their supporters are masters of deflection as has been proven with past mistakes and subsequent apologies that mask their inability to run a soccer club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29250: Sep 18, 2021 01:38:36 pm
      Youā€™re better than that Si, you know exactly what I mean!
      FSG and their supporters are masters of deflection as has been proven with past mistakes and subsequent apologies that mask their inability to run a soccer club.

I actually don't know what you meant by that statement but you likely won't explain but no worries.

On the last paragraph if I were FSG I could likely point to more than one or two examples that showed I very much do know how to run a football club.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29251: Sep 18, 2021 01:42:59 pm
      My point in trying to get at generally speaking is I donā€™t get the whole FSG OUT vibe that exists given how we have performed to date under their tenure?

OK, take the point. And I'm not on the FSG out bandwagon yet.
      But deffo not happy with this summers [lack of] business.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29252: Sep 18, 2021 01:45:58 pm

We don't know though if JĆ¼rgen is OK with more players leaving than have come in this summer.
      He hasn't come out and criticised FSG, or complained outright about the lack of investment - but don't think that means he's happy with it.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #29253: Sep 18, 2021 02:01:29 pm
      We cannot blame FSG to be too "scotish", after all they bought VVD or Alisson. They can and do invest, but they are not trigger-happy like those Sheikhs. But we could be on our way to a dynasty with Sheikhs giving Klopp what he wants more freely and quickly. That's a bit sad, but it won't change soon.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29254: Sep 18, 2021 02:38:19 pm

No one in world football can sign one world class player in 3 years and compete for a title.

We have the best coach in the world. All the rest need money and signings, which fsg don't provide.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29255: Sep 18, 2021 08:26:04 pm
      I actually don't know what you meant by that statement but you likely won't explain but no worries.

I will explain although you are acting F***ing soft. 

FSG appointed all the managers pre-Klopp.

FSG sacked all the managers they appointed.

Any plaudits (praise) for FSG regarding their record at LFC is misplaced in the light of these dreadful decisions.

Quick Reply