Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643552 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29440: Nov 15, 2021 03:01:42 pm
      It’s not a barometer of ambition at all - it’s barometer of how well a club spends and also sell players

It seems for some an owner can only show ambition if they use their own bank account to buy players - it’s utterly ridiculous

Why is it “lucky” that they hired Klopp ? Surely it’s a good management decision ? They sacked one manager and employed another - that’s not luck

And so what if Newcastle spend lots of money - it won’t change our approach to the sport

there is no point in discussing FSG with you everybody knows you are their attack dog you respond as soon as you see a new post.
      When David Moores sold the club he did so because he personally could not compete with the new owners of Chelsea.City and UTD with the limit of spending to be around ÂŁ20mil per season funnily enough around what the club spend now. Where he was unlucky was he didnt get to sell the likes of Torres, Suarez or Couthino.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29441: Nov 15, 2021 03:21:34 pm
      there is no point in discussing FSG with you everybody knows you are their attack dog you respond as soon as you see a new post.
      When David Moores sold the club he did so because he personally could not compete with the new owners of Chelsea.City and UTD with the limit of spending to be around ÂŁ20mil per season funnily enough around what the club spend now. Where he was unlucky was he didnt get to sell the likes of Torres, Suarez or Couthino.
      You are not being “attacked” - your points are being debated against

You stated the owners were lucky getting Klopp when the truth is they picked him for their model because they believe he was the man for the job

Moores was in charge of the club for a long time - Utd didn’t have an oil billionare to use , they built up the commercial income, built up the stadium and spent smartly with a sprinkling in youth players.

Moores stood back and watched that happen and failed to take advantage of the new Premier League money - if Moores had done what FSG did then potentially we wouldn’t have fallen behind

Moores thought he was selling to people who wouldn’t lump leveraged debt on the club , build up the stadium ( or build a new one ) and not spend outside the clubs means

If you don’t want to see the club being self sustaining then it’s two choices - lumping up the debt and loans or getting some rich oil man to come in and just treat the club like a personal toy

Which method do you want

We won’t compete “financially” City etc but we will compete against them over the past 3/4 years and continue to do so

And in that same period - despite spending lots more Chelsea have won the same and Utd won sweet FA

Do you actually know what owner you want - is it just someone who will spend money whenever people want them too ?

Do you think Klopp would work under that type of ownership ? I don’t

Fans like you constantly talk about the soul and it being a club of people and it’s the fans club etc - yet you jump and scream for money from rich people - sort of goes against the perceived morals doesn’t it

Would you like Moores back and have the same level of just cup success ?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29442: Nov 15, 2021 03:56:35 pm
      We can't keep saying they were 'lucky' to hire JĂźrgen when they identified the man who could bring their vision to life.

If I have a business and recruit the best man I can to implement how I want things run then it's not luck, just pure good business sense.

As far as Newcastle go if the richest owners in World football start splashing the cash so be it, but you can't compare that level of wealth with our owners.

Actually we can say they were "lucky" because for one, JĂźrgen just happened to be available when the team needed a new coach. Had he still been at Dortmund (or been somewhere else) we wouldn't have hired him so we'd have either persisted with Brendan or we'd have brought in who?

Again, I'm sorry that I'm not going to pat FSG on the back for hiring someone widely considered the best coach (available or otherwise for some) in world football, especially when the legacy and history of the club itself is likely what drew him to us when FSG came calling.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29443: Nov 15, 2021 04:06:51 pm

If you don’t want to see the club being self sustaining then it’s two choices - lumping up the debt and loans or getting some rich oil man to come in and just treat the club like a personal toy

It's not two choices. I don't understand why people keep repeating this as if it's fact. Actually I do understand, because it provides a moral hiding place so that you don't actually have to answer to the fact that there is another choice (and possibly many others aside from that). Many well run business will use loans to supplement their spending when necessary or prudent. I don't think anyone is asking FSG to saddle the club with debt by spending just to spend every single transfer window. And I don't see anyone saying that we should be sold to a nation state or rich oil man. For like the eleven-hundredth time, some of us would just like to see the club prudently take "risks" to ensure we don't get passed by when the rich clubs (I can't believe that we even call the other clubs rich but not ourselves, that in and of itself is a bit of an issue) get out their checkbooks.

I don't think anyone is saying buy both Haaland and Mbappe in the next window (or maybe even either). Certainly if one of them comes available it might be nice to at least be able to entertain the option of purchasing one of them IF Klopp thinks it would take us to the next level or put us in a better position long term. As long as you have the income and are paying off your loans, there's nothing wrong with taking out loans against the 2 or 3 bn of equity the club's built up. That's part of the financial game and it's part of the reason why you do run things like FSG have. The problem becomes when FSG run things tight fisted, but then don't turn around and take advantage of that good money management when it makes sense or when we need to. And when you toss in the fact that they tried to furlough workers and tried to take advantage of the govt Covid bailout, it's not a good look. it's not a good look to try and trademark something that can't (or shouldn't be trademarked) and it's not a good look to go all in trying to start a breakaway league, because all those things make you look like is greedy. So when supporters are on here saying FSG are greedy and don't want to spend any money and you go on and on about how great they are, it doesn't wash. Because the decisions they make financially with the club absolutely point to them being greedy.  No they shouldn't be irresponsible with the club's finances, but they are so far from that right now, all people want is a little ambition, that's it. Now if you want to argue whether we've been ambitious, have at it......but don't try and tell me FSG aren't in it for the money because every move they make shows that they are.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29444: Nov 15, 2021 04:24:39 pm
      It's not two choices. I don't understand why people keep repeating this as if it's fact. Actually I do understand, because it provides a moral hiding place so that you don't actually have to answer to the fact that there is another choice (and possibly many others aside from that). Many well run business will use loans to supplement their spending when necessary or prudent. I don't think anyone is asking FSG to saddle the club with debt by spending just to spend every single transfer window. And I don't see anyone saying that we should be sold to a nation state or rich oil man. For like the eleven-hundredth time, some of us would just like to see the club prudently take "risks" to ensure we don't get passed by when the rich clubs (I can't believe that we even call the other clubs rich but not ourselves, that in and of itself is a bit of an issue) get out their checkbooks.

I don't think anyone is saying buy both Haaland and Mbappe in the next window (or maybe even either). Certainly if one of them comes available it might be nice to at least be able to entertain the option of purchasing one of them IF Klopp thinks it would take us to the next level or put us in a better position long term. As long as you have the income and are paying off your loans, there's nothing wrong with taking out loans against the 2 or 3 bn of equity the club's built up. That's part of the financial game and it's part of the reason why you do run things like FSG have. The problem becomes when FSG run things tight fisted, but then don't turn around and take advantage of that good money management when it makes sense or when we need to. And when you toss in the fact that they tried to furlough workers and tried to take advantage of the govt Covid bailout, it's not a good look. it's not a good look to try and trademark something that can't (or shouldn't be trademarked) and it's not a good look to go all in trying to start a breakaway league, because all those things make you look like is greedy. So when supporters are on here saying FSG are greedy and don't want to spend any money and you go on and on about how great they are, it doesn't wash. Because the decisions they make financially with the club absolutely point to them being greedy.  No they shouldn't be irresponsible with the club's finances, but they are so far from that right now, all people want is a little ambition, that's it. Now if you want to argue whether we've been ambitious, have at it......but don't try and tell me FSG aren't in it for the money because every move they make shows that they are.

The owners are using loans to enhance and improve the club- that’s how the stadium is being built up

The stadium that then bring in increased commercial income which can then be spent on players , wages etc

The accusations of greed are interesting when all those things the looked to do where trying to bring in more money into the club so that the club could then spend more on players , wages etc

But it’s interesting you would like the club to take “risks” - very easy to say that from thousand of miles away , I saw and witnessed last time what happened when the club took risks

The club made a loss of ÂŁ50mil in the last accounts - so you want to add debt into those losses as well.

And the club have spent money on players - ÂŁ550 mil worth on players -  but that gets dismissed because it’s not money from the owners pocket.

But let’s be honest with yourself

What people just want to see if the club spending millions - as you say you want the club to be in for the likes of Mbappe and Haaland when we all know the club doesn’t have the Financial income to sustain those level of wages , unless you want to start going down that road of debt onto debt

And as for every move they make - yep it’s financial gain , but always financial gain for the club and not their own pockets

Ticket money - money going to the club
      Furlough - money staying in the club

Trademark , super league etc - all for the same reasons to being more money into the club so that the club can spend more on players and wages

We have built up a superb squad , a squad that will challenge year in year out , has won trophies and they have done by being financially sound , by great recruiting  6/7 years ago that’s all we wanted - and now we have it that’s not enough , people are greedy , they want the superstars , they expect the club to “dominate” etc

The owners made a promise to the fans groups - they won’t leverage the club with debt , they won’t spend beyond the clubs means and the club will stand on its own two feet financially - guess what it is doing right now
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29445: Nov 15, 2021 05:12:06 pm

The owners are using loans to enhance and improve the club- that’s how the stadium is being built up

The stadium that then bring in increased commercial income which can then be spent on players , wages etc
      So you are in favor of loans then where it's beneficial and prudent? Or you are only ok with loans when it's for the grounds but not for players?

The accusations of greed are interesting when all those things the looked to do where trying to bring in more money into the club so that the club could then spend more on players , wages etc
      When has the club spent "more" money on players? Year in and year out the net expenditure on players is very minimal. So we aren't spending "more" unless we are selling "more".

But it’s interesting you would like the club to take “risks” - very easy to say that from thousand of miles away , I saw and witnessed last time what happened when the club took risks
      Funny how you cherry pick risks where I believe I noted "prudent". No they shouldn't take stupid risks, but if they are the astute business men you make them out to be, then they should understand and have an appetite for prudent risks. Try not twisting what I'm saying to fit your baseless argument.

The club made a loss of ÂŁ50mil in the last accounts - so you want to add debt into those losses as well.
      Why did the club make a loss? I thought you said that we only spent what we made? If we are registering a loss then it looks like we are spending more than we make?

And the club have spent money on players - ÂŁ550 mil worth on players -  but that gets dismissed because it’s not money from the owners pocket.
      No, it gets dismissed because it's not like the club have a bank account of cash reserved for player acquisitions and they dip into it for player purchases. A large majority of that outlay has been recouped either prior to or after the purchases by way of player sales. You conveniently like to ignore that aspect of things to make it sound like we are spending that money ON TOP of what we already have in our squad.

But let’s be honest with yourself
      I think it's you who needs to be honest with yourself and everyone else here and just admit you care more about defending FSG and their "image" than you do the club itself.

What people just want to see if the club spending millions - as you say you want the club to be in for the likes of Mbappe and Haaland when we all know the club doesn’t have the Financial income to sustain those level of wages , unless you want to start going down that road of debt onto debt
      At no point did I say we shoudl be in for Mbappe and Haaland. Go read what I said again and this time try not to misrepresent it.

And as for every move they make - yep it’s financial gain , but always financial gain for the club and not their own pockets
      Really? So they won't benefit from the value of the club going through the roof? When they do one day sell they'll pocket enough to buy a couple more clubs easily if they want to. And good for them to an extent...if they leave the club better than they found it fair enough, but if they don't leave the club as good as they should have, well screw them then.

6/7 years ago that’s all we wanted - and now we have it that’s not enough , people are greedy , they want the superstars , they expect the club to “dominate” etc

So supporters of this club, a club that through it's history was able to dominate England and Europe for long periods should give up on that desire and just be happy that we're "fiscally sound"? People shouldn't be "greedy" for success? Like who even thinks that. If you want to be a bigger fan of the owners than the club, have at it. Not sure why you even watch football though if that's the case.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29446: Nov 15, 2021 05:31:54 pm
      So you are in favor of loans then where it's beneficial and prudent? Or you are only ok with loans when it's for the grounds but not for players?

Yes I have no issue with the stadium being built up and it’s an area that will provide guarantee payback as opposed to loaning money for players who then could have issues , lose value , get injured or struggle so you end up having a poor player plus debt

When has the club spent "more" money on players? Year in and year out the net expenditure on players is very minimal. So we aren't spending "more" unless we are selling "more".

So you only see the spend in terms of a transfer fee - nothing about the increased wages , signing on fees , agent fees , bonuses - unless you have missed the increased financial outlay

Funny how you cherry pick risks where I believe I noted "prudent". No they shouldn't take stupid risks, but if they are the astute business men you make them out to be, then they should understand and have an appetite for prudent risks. Try not twisting what I'm saying to fit your baseless argument.

A risk is still a risk - adding debt will always be risky. Even more so if for any reason the clubs finances drop and loan repayments start to eat away at income

Why did the club make a loss? I thought you said that we only spent what we made? If we are registering a loss then it looks like we are spending more than we make?

Why do you think we made a loss ? Because we still had to pay out wages to staff despite a drop in income because of Covid

No, it gets dismissed because it's not like the club have a bank account of cash reserved for player acquisitions and they dip into it for player sales. A large majority of that outlay has been recouped either prior to or after the purchases by way of player sales. You conveniently like to ignore that aspect of things to make it sound like we are spending that money ON TOP of what we already have in our squad.

I haven’t ignored anything - the club have spent that money on players - they have used that money to bring in players like Alisson , VVD , Mo , Mane , Jota - can you recall the squad when Klopp arrived ? And can you see it now ?

I think it's you who needs to be honest with yourself and everyone else here and just admit you care more about defending FSG and their "image" than you do the club itself.

Far from it - I recall walking out in protest at the ticket prices , I also recall what the club and team was like the two years before they bought us , I also recall 20 years before that of missing out in Europe , no where near the level we used to be , watching Utd over take us - I sat in the stand week in week out watching us battle for 4/5/6th place. And then I look at the club now and see how far we have gone

At no point did I say we shoudl be in for Mbappe and Haaland. Go read what I said again and this time try not to misrepresent it.

Really? So they won't benefit from the value of the club going through the roof? When they do one day sell they'll pocket enough to buy a couple more clubs easily if they want to. And good for them to an extent...if they leave the club better than they found it fair enough, but if they don't leave the club as good as they should have, well screw them then.

They aren’t selling the club though are they .

It’s an accusation that gets thrown at them about how much money they will make but yet there is no talk of selling - bids haven’t been entertained yet it continues to be thrown at them
      So supporters of this club, a club that through it's history was able to dominate England and Europe for long periods should give up on that desire and just be happy that we're "fiscally sound"? People shouldn't be "greedy" for success? Like who even thinks that. If you want to be a bigger fan of the owners than the club, have at it. Not sure why you even watch football though if that's the case.

I noticed you also cherry picked

Can you recall life in 2009 ? Can you recall the state of the club , the debt , the mid table battles , the poor squad

They took the club on - they promised no debt - they said they would help deliver success , guess what

We all want success , we want to win trophies , but not everyone just wants to see the club go and spend money it doesn’t have , get money from banks to leverage on the club , use the personal bank account of an owner to buy players

Why can’t we continue to have success in the same way we have had over the last 5 years , why do things have to change ? Why can’t we trust the clubs systems on and off the pitch to deliver the success. I’ll take that success all day long
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29447: Nov 15, 2021 05:39:28 pm
      Imagine your house needing a new roof and you say "I am not paying for that ".
      Either they own the club and enjoy being part of it or they see it as an investment its fairly easy to see how they see us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29448: Nov 15, 2021 05:46:46 pm
      Imagine your house needing a new roof and you say "I am not paying for that ".
      Either they own the club and enjoy being part of it or they see it as an investment its fairly easy to see how they see us.

Excellent point

So when they needed a new stand they went and got one 👍

Same with a new training ground 👍

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29449: Nov 15, 2021 06:33:18 pm

Yes I have no issue with the stadium being built up and it’s an area that will provide guarantee payback as opposed to loaning money for players who then could have issues , lose value , get injured or struggle so you end up having a poor player plus debt

So you only see the spend in terms of a transfer fee - nothing about the increased wages , signing on fees , agent fees , bonuses - unless you have missed the increased financial outlay

A risk is still a risk - adding debt will always be risky. Even more so if for any reason the clubs finances drop and loan repayments start to eat away at income

Why do you think we made a loss ? Because we still had to pay out wages to staff despite a drop in income because of Covid

I haven’t ignored anything - the club have spent that money on players - they have used that money to bring in players like Alisson , VVD , Mo , Mane , Jota - can you recall the squad when Klopp arrived ? And can you see it now ?

Far from it - I recall walking out in protest at the ticket prices , I also recall what the club and team was like the two years before they bought us , I also recall 20 years before that of missing out in Europe , no where near the level we used to be , watching Utd over take us - I sat in the stand week in week out watching us battle for 4/5/6th place. And then I look at the club now and see how far we have gone

They aren’t selling the club though are they .

It’s an accusation that gets thrown at them about how much money they will make but yet there is no talk of selling - bids haven’t been entertained yet it continues to be thrown at them
      I noticed you also cherry picked

Can you recall life in 2009 ? Can you recall the state of the club , the debt , the mid table battles , the poor squad

They took the club on - they promised no debt - they said they would help deliver success , guess what

We all want success , we want to win trophies , but not everyone just wants to see the club go and spend money it doesn’t have , get money from banks to leverage on the club , use the personal bank account of an owner to buy players

Why can’t we continue to have success in the same way we have had over the last 5 years , why do things have to change ? Why can’t we trust the clubs systems on and off the pitch to deliver the success. I’ll take that success all day long

F**k me you're so dedicated to defending FSG it's unreal
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29450: Nov 15, 2021 06:48:59 pm
      F**k me you're so dedicated to defending FSG it's unreal

Is it just a coincidence that you posted nothing but negative before the season started - you disappeared when it got going and then only returned when we lost a game with some “I told you so’s”
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29451: Nov 15, 2021 07:18:21 pm
      Excellent point

So when they needed a new stand they went and got one 👍

Same with a new training ground 👍

but loaned the money to themselves the owners

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29452: Nov 15, 2021 07:22:03 pm
      but loaned the money to themselves the owners

And 🤷‍♂️ what’s wrong with that ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29453: Nov 15, 2021 10:01:58 pm
      And 🤷‍♂️ what’s wrong with that ?

So why don’t they do that for player purchases?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #29454: Nov 15, 2021 10:42:54 pm

Reeled him in …. 😂
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #29455: Nov 15, 2021 11:25:11 pm
      I don't know how Pyjamas does it. Why would you spend so much time defending a corporate acronym?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29456: Nov 16, 2021 09:19:16 am

Why do they need to ?

The club have spent just over ÂŁ1bn in players since they bought the club

Have a squad that includes some of the best players in the world and potentially the best there is at the moment in time - have managed to win CL , league plus a number of other cups and have a squad that will challenge again this season for the league and the CL

Why start to loan money to buy players when it’s not been needed before 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29457: Nov 16, 2021 09:29:36 am
      I don't know how Pyjamas does it. Why would you spend so much time defending a corporate acronym?

A corporate acronym 🤷‍♂️

Let’s just look at the picture the day before they bought us

Stadium - too small , in need a big refurb and size increase

Commercial income - mid table at best in regards commercial deals

Debt - significant amount of leveraged debt against the club - under the control of the banks

Squad - we had the likes of Ngog , Shelvey , Jovanovic , Wilson , Joe Cole , Christen Poulsen , Paul Koncheskey, Kyrgiakos

Players desperate to leave the club - Mascherano already gone , Yossi followed - Torres wanting out

All looked after by Roy Hodgson

On the pitch - league cup - knocked out by Northampton Town ?!

19th in the league !! 19th ?!?!

Now compare that to right now

They got deserved criticism for the tickets , furlough and super league issues and each time they pulled out and I would expect them to learn from those mistakes

But no one can deny the improvements in the club since they day they bought the club - so imo it’s both sad and pathetic when I see them being attacked mainly because they aren’t spending enough of their own money for some

Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29458: Nov 16, 2021 10:02:37 am
      A corporate acronym 🤷‍♂️

Let’s just look at the picture the day before they bought us

Stadium - too small , in need a big refurb and size increase

Commercial income - mid table at best in regards commercial deals

Debt - significant amount of leveraged debt against the club - under the control of the banks

Squad - we had the likes of Ngog , Shelvey , Jovanovic , Wilson , Joe Cole , Christen Poulsen , Paul Koncheskey, Kyrgiakos

Players desperate to leave the club - Mascherano already gone , Yossi followed - Torres wanting out

All looked after by Roy Hodgson

On the pitch - league cup - knocked out by Northampton Town ?!

19th in the league !! 19th ?!?!

Now compare that to right now

They got deserved criticism for the tickets , furlough and super league issues and each time they pulled out and I would expect them to learn from those mistakes

But no one can deny the improvements in the club since they day they bought the club - so imo it’s both sad and pathetic when I see them being attacked mainly because they aren’t spending enough of their own money for some

Which is all fair enough, but also surely it’s fair enough if others feel they could do more or go the extra mile?
      Surely it doesn’t have to be one or the other, so black and white? You either are in your camp or way over in the other

That’s what can get frustrating in these types of debates, everyone thinks their view is completely right where the truth often is somewhere in the middle where both sides have valid and correct points

For me what you say is for the most part absolutely valid.. however you can see from the other side that it’s also valid that a fair few of the players we have now we wouldn’t have without selling players previously thought of as vital. Now yes they may have wanted to leave, and if anyone does then no problem, but it’s absolutely valid that the players who have replaced them wouldn’t be here had they not left. So again it’s valid to say that

I saw yesterday that you say about the 1b spend since they arrived, again valid.. however it only works out just over 20m a season over their time, which again is valid that couldn’t we at some point have spent more to solidify our position
      It’s valid to say about the 1b but it’s also valid to say had we not sold near on 800m then that 1b would be a pipe dream

The wage bill is a more viable yard stick, we have increased that over the years to reflect the players we have, fair play, a valid point.
      However the flip side is the Salah point, not to the point I actually don’t think it won’t be sorted but if it is, and I hope it is obviously, but the only way we revitalise this squad is by selling a big hitter, the evidence is there so isn’t debatable, so who goes to finance that? Because it won’t be done on a 20m yearly transfer spend, but the real sellable assets are getting older, unless one is sold this upcoming summer you have to wonder about the regeneration of this squad

All vital points for me, it doesn’t have to be you’re either in one camp or the other
      They have done some fantastic things, they have done some sh*te.. they have rebuilt the club within their structure.. the next rebuild of it will either upset a lot - ie Salah is sold - or will be a start again process - ie Klopp sees out his current deal and leaves and this squad gets old with that process and loses sellable value, and we know they won’t fund that themselves
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29459: Nov 16, 2021 10:25:36 am
      whatever they are paying him its not enough he puts in more hours supporting FSG than FSG do
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #29460: Nov 16, 2021 10:38:56 am
      Fsg have done a hell of alot of good here ... no doubt about that.

Yet they have shown also that they have and will continue to make mistakes ... if the super league reared its ugly head again they would sign us up again without even consulting the fan base. I also fear they will sell salah instead of paying him more and give the money to JĂźrgen to spend next summer. Summer 22 will be vital. Because if we get to summer 23 ... heading into JĂźrgen's last year it will be harder to attract players who will know JĂźrgen is leaving in 24. Anyhow ...

Their ownership will always be judged on results on the field. Before October 2015 ... not alot ... just bizarre decisions and no real success. Yes we almost won the league in 2014 buy there was nothing there that would have lasted.

Then they had the Xmas' at once and got JĂźrgen ... the rest is history.

However, when he leaves in 2024 I worry we will be back to pre 2015 ... looking for a manager who can work on a shoestring transfer budget (compared to the competition at home and abroad) and keep us at the top. JĂźrgen isn't perfect ... I get frustrated with him sometimes but there is no doubt he is one of the best and perfect for us. I hope he signs on beyond 2024.

I'm thankful to fsg for developing the Stadium, being steady Eddie custodians of the club etc and developing off field facilities. The commercial side of the club has come on leaps and bounds. But the success over the past 3 years or so is down to JĂźrgen and his team ... and the players. And if we are to stay at the top, under the fsg model ... its vital JĂźrgen stays in my view.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29461: Nov 16, 2021 10:49:52 am
      David Moores rebuilt the Kop the old Kemlyn road stand and the Anfield road a lot of the ground work was done before FSG rode into town.
      Moores was brutally honest in his admission that he could not keep the club competitive against Chelsea UTD etc and that deeper pockets where needed and his ÂŁ20 mil per season just wouldnt hack so in came the clowns . He must kick himself now seeing how FSG manage the club remotely with little financial input to anything that will not improve the clubs value its a business to them . As long as the club financially is a success they really dont care if the supporters never get to another wembley final or witness another parade it saves them from having to fly from Boston.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29462: Nov 16, 2021 10:57:36 am
      David Moores rebuilt the Kop the old Kemlyn road stand and the Anfield road a lot of the ground work was done before FSG rode into town.
      Moores was brutally honest in his admission that he could not keep the club competitive against Chelsea UTD etc and that deeper pockets where needed and his ÂŁ20 mil per season just wouldnt hack so in came the clowns . He must kick himself now seeing how FSG manage the club remotely with little financial input to anything that will not improve the clubs value its a business to them . As long as the club financially is a success they really dont care if the supporters never get to another wembley final or witness another parade it saves them from having to fly from Boston.

I’d agree they don’t care about success on the pitch.. success off of it is all they’re in it for

It may be a welcome bonus, or something that buys times but it’s absolutely not what they’re in it for

Thinking they’re is just a bit naive truth be told, but that can be said of all these owners

Quick Reply