Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2761033 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8541 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29509: Nov 26, 2021 01:00:29 pm
      Someone trying to sort the transfer budget for January!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over 200 kilos of Liverpool FC branded cocaine seized in Paraguayan border town Pedro Juan Caballero. <br><br>You’ll never snort alone? <a href="https://t.co/xslvzO1Xaw">pic.twitter.com/xslvzO1Xaw</a></p>&mdash; Ralph Hannah (@paraguayralph) <a href="https://twitter.com/paraguayralph/status/1464047556414087174?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #29510: Nov 26, 2021 01:30:13 pm
      Someone trying to sort the transfer budget for January!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over 200 kilos of Liverpool FC branded cocaine seized in Paraguayan border town Pedro Juan Caballero. <br><br>You’ll never snort alone? <a href="https://t.co/xslvzO1Xaw">pic.twitter.com/xslvzO1Xaw</a></p>&mdash; Ralph Hannah (@paraguayralph) <a href="https://twitter.com/paraguayralph/status/1464047556414087174?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

😂😂😂😂😂😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #29511: Dec 06, 2021 08:07:42 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8541 
      Reply #29512: Dec 09, 2021 01:01:35 pm

Is this their third effort of fan representation.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #29513: Dec 09, 2021 01:03:46 pm

Not sure the first one but the second was more a link with Fans groups etc - this seems to be a more crucial one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29514: Dec 09, 2021 01:09:35 pm

bit harsh mate best give them another 30 or 40 years to understand the Club and the City
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #29515: Dec 09, 2021 01:23:00 pm
      bit harsh mate best give them another 30 or 40 years to understand the Club and the City

You can bet the only reason they agreed to this supporters board is at the end of the day they won't have to interact with them or be held accountable to them. FSG isn't going to turn over any power to the supporters.

This is lip service...nothing more.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #29516: Dec 09, 2021 01:36:22 pm
      You can bet the only reason they agreed to this supporters board is at the end of the day they won't have to interact with them or be held accountable to them. FSG isn't going to turn over any power to the supporters.

Suspect if you bothered to research it a bit more you will understand that it’s far from just lip service

https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1467898341363261443?s=21
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #29517: Dec 09, 2021 04:10:38 pm

Those are estimates.

The most current factual data shows LFC as the second-highest spending on wages in the Premier League
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #29518: Dec 09, 2021 04:12:44 pm

Those are estimates.

The most current factual data shows LFC as the second-highest spending on wages in the Premier League
      Over £80mil less than UTD but the City figures look suspect with only 22 players listed against our 27
      Another list shows City has 66 players registered so how much can you rely on City's figures

Exactly ... that website uses public information to do the same thing for American sports and is pretty much spot on in what they report for those, but wages information a) is never published only showing first team costs and b) is usually delayed as it is taken from the figures submitted to Companies House.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #29519: Dec 09, 2021 04:19:17 pm
      Agreed, one of the top/best managers in the world at the time. Top of most peoples wanted list.
      And he's even gone up a few notchs even since then after what he's done with us.

Really? He'd only ever managed in Germany up until then and not at any of the top-tier clubs (Bayern etc). As I say, he was certainly highly thought of, but he was not regarded as one of the world's best by any means at that point in time. I don't see how he could have been until he had taken on managing a top club which he has now done

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #29520: Dec 09, 2021 04:28:12 pm
      Those are estimates.

And pray tell where is that data, at least I provided a source for my assertion. I'd appreciate you doing the same so I can look for myself thanks.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #29521: Dec 09, 2021 04:29:28 pm
      Really? He'd only ever managed in Germany up until then and not at any of the top-tier clubs (Bayern etc). As I say, he was certainly highly thought of, but he was not regarded as one of the world's best by any means at that point in time. I don't see how he could have been until he had taken on managing a top club which he has now done

He was absolutely considered one of the best. Just stop. Why do you have to try and make it out like FSG pulled some coup getting Klopp? They didn't. They only did what any other club would have done. Luckily our club was more enticing to him than any other (like United).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8541 
      Reply #29522: Dec 09, 2021 04:32:43 pm

Hahaha started reading that and thought you were serious for a sec :laugh:
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #29523: Dec 09, 2021 05:29:46 pm
      And pray tell where is that data, at least I provided a source for my assertion. I'd appreciate you doing the same so I can look for myself thanks.

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/annual-review-of-football-finance.html
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #29524: Dec 09, 2021 05:35:37 pm
      And therein lies why you take so much flak, I gave my honest opinion about the situation going so far as to point out that I don’t think FSG are all bad and that everything isn’t black and white and yet your M.O. is still to tell my why I’m wrong to have the opinion that I do.

I love the irony of you telling me to 'just stop' when on the previous page you're moaning someone won't let you express your opinion
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #29525: Dec 09, 2021 06:31:38 pm

Thank you. Of interest is those numbers are from July 2021, before the season started and before all transfers were completed. The link I provided is a real time estimate which is likely closer to the actual numbers.

One thing of interest that Deloitte surmised was the following:
      At the top of the table there continues to be a strong relationship between league position and total wage costs.

Meaning the teams that pay the best, tend to finish the strongest. Something to keep in mind as the Mo Salah contract "dispute" plays out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #29526: Dec 09, 2021 06:33:05 pm
      I love the irony of you telling me to 'just stop' when on the previous page you're moaning someone won't let you express your opinion

Wrong, I never moaned someone wouldn't let me express my opinion. I certainly don't need anyone's approval (nor do you) to express my opinion. My comment to you is to stop with the false narrative that somehow FSG should be given all of this credit for doing something which virtually any other big club (including United) would have tried to do given the opportunity.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #29527: Dec 09, 2021 07:30:46 pm

Screams a bit can't do right for doing wrong this mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #29528: Dec 09, 2021 08:06:29 pm

Do you believe that FSG would willingly cede any power? I don't think they've shown that they do anything that isn't in their best interests. Appreciate that you have a more optimistic view but for me they only agreed to this because they've already done the analysis and determined that this won't affect how they want to do business. Like just about all their other U-turns, they've only really done something when they've been forced to.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #29529: Dec 11, 2021 06:58:55 am
      He was absolutely considered one of the best. Just stop. Why do you have to try and make it out like FSG pulled some coup getting Klopp? They didn't. They only did what any other club would have done. Luckily our club was more enticing to him than any other (like United).

I think it was a coup precisely because he was considered one of the best.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #29530: Dec 11, 2021 10:29:08 am
      It’s been said, Klopp visited Anfield with Dortmund for s friendly.
      Insisted on getting the full tour round the entire stadium, met loads of current and ex players, was taken in by the whole set up and atmosphere of the club, and was biding his time.
      He had wanted this post for a number of years and was overwhelmed when he was asked to take it on.

That’s how I understood it, but don’t take my word for it.
      I’m not into unnecessary arguments 😂
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29531: Dec 11, 2021 11:02:47 am

See how that goes when Klopp leaves

Quick Reply