Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642091 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30337: Jan 14, 2022 04:37:10 pm
      ;D...so we have won more Under FSG... 😂

Would you rather we won the extra cups we didn’t in the previous 10 years over winning the league
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30338: Jan 14, 2022 05:04:50 pm

Easily pleased. one PL trophy and you have been appeased...

1 UEFA more and a few gammon cups. I'd swap them all for winning the league.

F**k off with that appeased sh*te as well. 1 league title I've waited 30 years for.. stick to being a part time dickhead Shabs as you're pissing me off now lad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #30339: Jan 14, 2022 05:08:13 pm

Easily pleased. one PL trophy and you have been appeased...

It's the one I've been waiting virtually my whole time following the club for.

Might not mean much to you but it does to me.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #30340: Jan 14, 2022 05:23:07 pm

Who is this “we” - the manager and his team were happy with the squad

Did we not buy Konate ? And do we also not have other bills to pay ? For example a very high wage bill for all those players - the club made an overall loss of ÂŁ50mil in the last reported accounts

The club spend within its means

Covid had impacts even if some want to ignore it

Are we not competing on all fronts right now ?

Not one single trophy is out of reach - semi of the league cup , still in the FA Cup , unbeaten in the CL and not out of the Prem race

I don’t understand this bit - the Prem has HG and Non HG rules - I believe we have no space for any Non HG players 🤷‍♂️- not sure what players we “had” to keep but if no one is looking to buy them what should the club do with them ?
      When it comes to the size of the squad - Klopp always seems to prefer the smaller squad - seems to be his choice

Signing players isn’t easy - some clubs will be wanting players to leave , some will fight hard to keep them - some pay over the odds for players and some use a release clause ?

Is there any player been bought by a club right now that we should have been in for

Wood - release clause ÂŁ25mil 😂
      Coutinho - offered to every club on the planet
      Digne -not wanted by the Bitters ?

We sign players when the club find the right player for them - just because someone is shouting on a forum about buying this player and that doesn’t mean it’s what the club want to do.

It’s only laughable because it doesn’t fit in with your opinion - both Klopp and Pep have used Elliot as the example of youth players coming through to be given their chance instead of bringing someone in. Again it’s the clubs choice

How midfielders should we have ?

Who has decided that Elliot is out of position ? You ? Does the manager have a better seat to make that judgment after seeing the player ? And Jones is now not good enough ?

Again it’s seeing it from your single point of view

We have lost twice all season

Reading the reactions from some you would think we have gone back 10 years to being mid table , out of all the cups

The owners work the same way as they have done since they bought the club - self sustaining, that hasn’t changed and it won’t change , so I don’t understand why some expect it to

10 years ago this club was in a mess - and then there was something to complain about , we were a world away from where we are now

It’s tough to win - teams have to be near perfect  every season to challenge the oil barons - the manager knows this and appears to enjoy the challenge of it.

At times the players will play poorly - it happens and you expect and hope it’s then up the manager to sort it out

But this constant reacting to every dropped points and pointing fingers at the owners or when we only draw in a cup game demand signings etc - it’s a joke ,  but that’s modern football these days , the unrealistic demands of perfection

Im just glad that going into the stadium the overall attitude and demeanour by those fans is completely different to what is seen on social media - yeah we will have a grumble when it’s not working on the pitch and will complain when the owners make real poor choices but they throwing the teddies out when a point is dropped - pathetic

As far as I’m concerned right now the team is challenging for all four trophies on offer - the world hasn’t fallen apart - far from it , the club is in its best position for 30 f**king years and that’s because of the great work of all the club from top to bottom .

I’ve probably told you a dozen times or so now but you’re ridiculously naive. How do you know klopp is happy? You don’t do you? What he says to the media isn’t necessarily true and considering you’re what, 40 years of age?, I can’t believe you still don’t grasp that. For example, he hinted last season how frustrated he was with the board without calling them out the way a mourinho would.

You keep referring to covid. 1. Why can other clubs spend money still. And 2. Why was no money spent before covid then? You know, when we were securing champions league football every season and winning the F***ing thing and reaching another final?

Nobody has a problem with spending what the club earns, but if the club can’t make enough profit to dip into the transfer market then would you not agree we’re being poorly ran then? I’ve asked you that several times and you still haven’t answered. And if there’s no money to spend on players, does that not mean that the club are gambling on securing champions league football then? What would have happened if we finished fifth last season? What then? Because if there’s no money in the pot when we secure champions league football then it’s F***ing scary to think of the mess we would be in without it.

So far we’re in all four competitions still yes. But will we win all four? No. We’re out of the title race which you know but you’re that much of an arse you will argue while it’s mathematically possible then we’re still in it and we desperately needed thiago fit to have any chance in europe. That midfield which started yesterday will get blown away in Europe. It couldn’t even beat ten man arsenal.

Elliott was a winger. So he was played out of position. The reason he was played out of position was because the club didn’t replace gini. It’s literally that simple.

If Gini had stayed then elliott either would have gone on loan again and played ON THE WING in his natural position, or been a part time player for us with the occasional appearance in the league cup, again playing ON THE WING. I will bet you a thousand pounds right now that he will end up on the wing again later in his career and play there consistently so instead of making smart arse comments why don’t you put your money where your mouth is?

And Curtis Jones isn’t good enough. The same way neco isn’t. The same way Morton isn’t. Yet we’re relying on the likes of them for cover. And again, I’ll bet you a thousand pounds not one of those three will have a long career with us where they play regularly, say 25 times a season? 

Your hard on for FSG is just bizarre to say the least. Just talk utter sh*te constantly. And once one of your little points has been exposed you make another excuse for them. And then another. And then another. And then you’ll finish off with that famous line ‘well if it’s good enough for klopp then it’s good enough for me’ only proving again how naive you are.

You already admitted the other day you had no knowledge of the gini contract talks and it was complete guess work by you but if you go through your posts then you speak about it like it was all fact. Which it wasn’t, you haven’t got a clue, you just make it up as you go along to support your weird agenda.

Do us a favour mate don’t quote me again. We’ve gone round in circles 100 times. Unless you wana make those bets I was on about where you can private message me then let’s just ignore each other.

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #30341: Jan 14, 2022 05:39:12 pm
      I’ve probably told you a dozen times or so now but you’re ridiculously naive. How do you know klopp is happy? You don’t do you? What he says to the media isn’t necessarily true and considering you’re what, 40 years of age?, I can’t believe you still don’t grasp that. For example, he hinted last season how frustrated he was with the board without calling them out the way a mourinho would.

You keep referring to covid. 1. Why can other clubs spend money still. And 2. Why was no money spent before covid then? You know, when we were securing champions league football every season and winning the f**king thing and reaching another final?

Nobody has a problem with spending what the club earns, but if the club can’t make enough profit to dip into the transfer market then would you not agree we’re being poorly ran then? I’ve asked you that several times and you still haven’t answered. And if there’s no money to spend on players, does that not mean that the club are gambling on securing champions league football then? What would have happened if we finished fifth last season? What then? Because if there’s no money in the pot when we secure champions league football then it’s f**king scary to think of the mess we would be in without it.

So far we’re in all four competitions still yes. But will we win all four? No. We’re out of the title race which you know but you’re that much of an arse you will argue while it’s mathematically possible then we’re still in it and we desperately needed thiago fit to have any chance in europe. That midfield which started yesterday will get blown away in Europe. It couldn’t even beat ten man arsenal.

Elliott was a winger. So he was played out of position. The reason he was played out of position was because the club didn’t replace gini. It’s literally that simple.

If Gini had stayed then elliott either would have gone on loan again and played ON THE WING in his natural position, or been a part time player for us with the occasional appearance in the league cup, again playing ON THE WING. I will bet you a thousand pounds right now that he will end up on the wing again later in his career and play there consistently so instead of making smart arse comments why don’t you put your money where your mouth is?

And Curtis Jones isn’t good enough. The same way neco isn’t. The same way Morton isn’t. Yet we’re relying on the likes of them for cover. And again, I’ll bet you a thousand pounds not one of those three will have a long career with us where they play regularly, say 25 times a season? 

Your hard on for FSG is just bizarre to say the least. Just talk utter sh*te constantly. And once one of your little points has been exposed you make another excuse for them. And then another. And then another. And then you’ll finish off with that famous line ‘well if it’s good enough for klopp then it’s good enough for me’ only proving again how naive you are.

You already admitted the other day you had no knowledge of the gini contract talks and it was complete guess work by you but if you go through your posts then you speak about it like it was all fact. Which it wasn’t, you haven’t got a clue, you just make it up as you go along to support your weird agenda.

Do us a favour mate don’t quote me again. We’ve gone round in circles 100 times. Unless you wana make those bets I was on about where you can private message me then let’s just ignore each other.

If I could have given thie post ten likes it still wouldn't be enough!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30342: Jan 14, 2022 06:28:50 pm

How do you know what he is saying isn’t exactly how he feels - he doesn’t seem to mind saying how he feels , and he also doesn’t have an issue walking away if things are not to his liking.

He has stated many times that the squad is of his choosing and it works the way he wants

Why doubt him and not take him at his word - he isn’t known to be a liar.

You keep referring to covid. 1. Why can other clubs spend money still. And 2. Why was no money spent before covid then? You know, when we were securing champions league football every season and winning the f**king thing and reaching another final?

Other clubs are doing things different financially - clubs are selling players to fund purchases , taking out government loans , using credit facilities with the bank or going to the bank of Dubai.

Money was spent before Covid - how did we bring in the players to be able to get to those finals and then win and then win the league

Nobody has a problem with spending what the club earns, but if the club can’t make enough profit to dip into the transfer market then would you not agree we’re being poorly ran then? I’ve asked you that several times and you still haven’t answered. And if there’s no money to spend on players, does that not mean that the club are gambling on securing champions league football then? What would have happened if we finished fifth last season? What then? Because if there’s no money in the pot when we secure champions league football then it’s f**king scary to think of the mess we would be in without it.

The accounts are very clear for you to see

The club have spent ÂŁ550mil on player purchases over the past 5/6 seasons

The income for the club is increasing on a yearly basis - but so are players wages , we have also prob just spent a clear fortune on extending contracts with signing on bonuses - unfortunately you can’t see past the budget only being about transfer fees

Many other clubs are right now carrying huge debt - to either the owners or the banks , we aren’t beyond a loan for a stand. Last season because of the Telly money behind held back the club had to use credit facilities to pay for things whilst we had a drop in income

It’s pretty simple that the last couple of years are going to affect the clubs income

We aren’t out of the title race at all - we have a game in hand and we also have to play City , they also have to play Chelsea and other teams where they could easily drop points - you can give up if you want I haven’t yet

In Europe we won every single f**king game - 6 out of 6 in the supposed group of Death with our current squad. Not even a month away yet and you have written that off as well based on one game against Arsenal

The appropriate word is “WAS” - it appears that Klopp saw something different and played him somewhere else where he fitted in with little issue at all - so maybe his future is a centre mid. But how great to have someone who can adapt and move around

I suspect Elliot will at times play in other roles depending on how the manager sees the situation or how he develops as a player - the future is bright for him which ever role he ends up playing - even at Blackburn he wasn’t just restricted to the wing and played through the middle in the 10 and also a bit deeper.

Why does he have to be pigeonholed into one role in the team ?

What’s all this betting sh*te about - what does it prove - are you that desperate for some sort of self recognition of being right in the future ?

Curtis Jones is a very talented player who has already played significant roles in the team and only injury this season has stopped him playing more

Young Morton has had a handful of games including starting in a CL game and not looking out of place

Are you that desperate to be right that you will happily write off young lads with a handful of appearances- that’s just pathetic

I don’t know exactly where is it you believe anything has been “exposed” - the forum is all about giving opinions - people are free to express any opinion they wish - some like yourself jus to refer to be negative and throw your toys out when there is a negative result ( hence why you only post after a defeat or draw )

You have this strange desire to show everyone that you’re “right” and have this belief that your opinion is actually fact when at the end of the day it’s just an opinion

Don’t worry the team will be winning matches soon enough so you won’t be around posting but if we do win one of the big trophies, no sorry when we do win one of the big trophies I wonder if you will pop back in to hold your hands up and say “sorry got it wrong”
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30343: Jan 14, 2022 07:01:38 pm

Klopps era at liverpool could and should have been so much more. We have the best manager in the world who has built a great eleven. We’ve won trophies. Yet when he leaves there will still be some regret which is madness.

This is the MOST disappointing thing.

We have the best coach in the world, who can make a little go long way.  He's not going to be here forever.

People looking at performances now and saying we need X and Y the summer coming !?

What about summer gone when these were the changes people were ALREADY asking FGS to fund.

Winning the PL is the ultimate. It was brilliant. But where's the ambition, the will to build on that and win more. Just don't see it from FSG, think they have fallen short.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30344: Jan 14, 2022 07:11:09 pm
      This is the MOST disappointing thing.

We have the best coach in the world, who can make a little go long way.  He's not going to be here forever.

People looking at performances now and saying we need X and Y the summer coming !?

What about summer gone when these were the changes people were ALREADY asking FGS to fund.

Winning the PL is the ultimate. It was brilliant. But where's the ambition, the will to build on that and win more. Just don't see it from FSG, think they have fallen short.

It’s also worth noting that Klopp is managing in a era when you are facing a club like City

To beat City and the riches they have means either going toe to toe financially or being perfect in everything else from recruitment to games on the pitch

You can’t do it but take City out and we would have another league in the bag and right there now

But with City not really caring about the rules see their latest “financial” statement where remarkably they made huge commercial income ( all from companies their own of course )

Since winning the league we have brought in 4 players and each one a step up and improving the squad

The margins are very fine at the top - 3 games ago we were one point behind - drop the level a little and that gap just increases.

We need to get back to the levels we had in November- or before that Leeds game was called off.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #30345: Jan 14, 2022 09:01:02 pm

How do you know what he is saying isn’t exactly how he feels - he doesn’t seem to mind saying how he feels , and he also doesn’t have an issue walking away if things are not to his liking.

He has stated many times that the squad is of his choosing and it works the way he wants

Why doubt him and not take him at his word - he isn’t known to be a liar.

Other clubs are doing things different financially - clubs are selling players to fund purchases , taking out government loans , using credit facilities with the bank or going to the bank of Dubai.

Money was spent before Covid - how did we bring in the players to be able to get to those finals and then win and then win the league

The accounts are very clear for you to see

The club have spent ÂŁ550mil on player purchases over the past 5/6 seasons

The income for the club is increasing on a yearly basis - but so are players wages , we have also prob just spent a clear fortune on extending contracts with signing on bonuses - unfortunately you can’t see past the budget only being about transfer fees

Many other clubs are right now carrying huge debt - to either the owners or the banks , we aren’t beyond a loan for a stand. Last season because of the Telly money behind held back the club had to use credit facilities to pay for things whilst we had a drop in income

It’s pretty simple that the last couple of years are going to affect the clubs income

We aren’t out of the title race at all - we have a game in hand and we also have to play City , they also have to play Chelsea and other teams where they could easily drop points - you can give up if you want I haven’t yet

In Europe we won every single f**king game - 6 out of 6 in the supposed group of Death with our current squad. Not even a month away yet and you have written that off as well based on one game against Arsenal

The appropriate word is “WAS” - it appears that Klopp saw something different and played him somewhere else where he fitted in with little issue at all - so maybe his future is a centre mid. But how great to have someone who can adapt and move around

I suspect Elliot will at times play in other roles depending on how the manager sees the situation or how he develops as a player - the future is bright for him which ever role he ends up playing - even at Blackburn he wasn’t just restricted to the wing and played through the middle in the 10 and also a bit deeper.

Why does he have to be pigeonholed into one role in the team ?

What’s all this betting sh*te about - what does it prove - are you that desperate for some sort of self recognition of being right in the future ?

Curtis Jones is a very talented player who has already played significant roles in the team and only injury this season has stopped him playing more

Young Morton has had a handful of games including starting in a CL game and not looking out of place

Are you that desperate to be right that you will happily write off young lads with a handful of appearances- that’s just pathetic

I don’t know exactly where is it you believe anything has been “exposed” - the forum is all about giving opinions - people are free to express any opinion they wish - some like yourself jus to refer to be negative and throw your toys out when there is a negative result ( hence why you only post after a defeat or draw )

You have this strange desire to show everyone that you’re “right” and have this belief that your opinion is actually fact when at the end of the day it’s just an opinion

Don’t worry the team will be winning matches soon enough so you won’t be around posting but if we do win one of the big trophies, no sorry when we do win one of the big trophies I wonder if you will pop back in to hold your hands up and say “sorry got it wrong”

Pot kettle eh lad? You cannot accept the fact you’re ever wrong and you just go on and on and on and look for any old reason to defend FSG. It’s F***ing weird. You’re 40 odd ffs  :lmao:

The forum is about opinions so why do you post referring to facts and then when you’re challenged you later admit you didn’t know the truth. You also post weird articles all the time as some sort of evidence when usually it’s just some divvy who has written a piece themselves.

And you’re probably the main reason why I don’t post any more. You and that little mate of yours CT. Think I was here long before either of you two, don’t remember either of you when the forum was decent, but as stated, the forums sh*te now and it’s because of worms like you two.

Finally, I have a season ticket, when we win I’d say probably 90% of the time I go for a bevvy afterwards. What do you want me to do, sit in the pub and come on the forum and talk about how we beat Watford 3-0? Whereas you rush home to chester and log in to lfcreds and talk about how big John henrys cock is.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30346: Jan 14, 2022 09:20:12 pm
      Pot kettle eh lad? You cannot accept the fact you’re ever wrong and you just go on and on and on and look for any old reason to defend FSG. It’s f**king weird. You’re 40 odd ffs  :lmao:

The forum is about opinions so why do you post referring to facts and then when you’re challenged you later admit you didn’t know the truth. You also post weird articles all the time as some sort of evidence when usually it’s just some divvy who has written a piece themselves.

And you’re probably the main reason why I don’t post any more. You and that little mate of yours CT. Think I was here long before either of you two, don’t remember either of you when the forum was decent, but as stated, the forums sh*te now and it’s because of worms like you two.

Finally, I have a season ticket, when we win I’d say probably 90% of the time I go for a bevvy afterwards. What do you want me to do, sit in the pub and come on the forum and talk about how we beat Watford 3-0? Whereas you rush home to chester and log in to lfcreds and talk about how big John henrys cock is.

He gets even better when you see him posting on Rawk but contradicting his act on here.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30347: Jan 14, 2022 09:31:41 pm
      He gets even better when you see him posting on Rawk but contradicting his act on here.

I’m not on Rawk 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30348: Jan 14, 2022 09:47:13 pm
      Pot kettle eh lad? You cannot accept the fact you’re ever wrong and you just go on and on and on and look for any old reason to defend FSG. It’s f**king weird. You’re 40 odd ffs  :lmao:

Not sure what my age has to do with anything 🤔

Also who is CT ?

Been wrong many times in my past and if I’m wrong I’ll have no issues admitting it - but it certainly won’t be when someone like you tells me I’m wrong just because I have an opposing opinion

As for posting after matches - it seems strange that you manage to do it when a point is dropped or a draw.  And each time it has the same theme, your self proclamation that you believe you are right.

Is that how it is - when the team loses you can’t wait to post that you think you’re right , seems to be a theme for other as well , would rather they were proven right over anything else
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2022 11:00:38 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #30349: Jan 14, 2022 09:50:10 pm
      I understand where people are coming from in terms of comparing where we are now with 2010 -- there simply is no comparison.

Equally when you reach the summit you'd like to think we might stay there for a bit and two seasons on the bounce where we are effectively out of the title race barring some unprecedented turnaround is not really good enough.

It is not all on the owners obviously but I think a bit more investment at the right times could have changed this.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30350: Jan 14, 2022 10:05:47 pm
      I understand where people are coming from in terms of comparing where we are now with 2010 -- there simply is no comparison.

Equally when you reach the summit you'd like to think we might stay there for a bit and two seasons on the bounce where we are effectively out of the title race barring some unprecedented turnaround is not really good enough.

It is not all on the owners obviously but I think a bit more investment at the right times could have changed this.

I think it’s very telling that the two seasons are the ones we’re pressure and prob expectations have been at their highest mainly because of the seasons before - last season is imo an anomaly, injury’s ruined the season .

This season still has a lot going for it albeit we need to turn around form soon

As for investment- it’s at the level it has been because of the model the club use and the situation we have seen over last 24 months with the pandemic-

Whether the model is right or wrong , or that the club should look to move in a different financial direction would be the debate - the club right now is being run exactly how they said they would run it when they bought the club - and in that period until now we are a far superior club now both on and off the field

The next 2 years are the key , can’t hide behind pandemic etc - got to show that the model they use can continue to move the club forward
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30351: Jan 14, 2022 10:16:42 pm
      It’s also worth noting that Klopp is managing in a era when you are facing a club like City

To beat City and the riches they have means either going toe to toe financially or being perfect in everything else from recruitment to games on the pitch

You can’t do it but take City out and we would have another league in the bag and right there now

We're not asking FSG to go toe to toe financially though. Just invest more than they have in the last two windows which anyone surely has to admin it very little [and am also not including this Jan window, which is btw still open if they are so inclined].

Citeh haven't appeared out of nowhere. When you start a season, if you finish ahead of them, you likely win the league. JĂźrgen has a massive job to try and finish ahead of them. They are the benchmark. No point in comparing ourselves to Manure or Arse or anyone else in the league - we need to look at just Citeh and Chavs and ask, do we have the squad to compete with them.  That's it.  That's all I look at, not at FSGs accounts.

JĂźrgen is brilliant. And has generally made the very most of investment made available to him.
      Just find it frustrating that he hasn't been more to work with recently.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30352: Jan 14, 2022 10:22:24 pm

We're not mathematically out of the title race, but there's a large hill to climb.  You never know I guess, but it's Citehs to loose.

And we're still in the CL and domestic cups. So it's not all bad, not at all.

But yes, after a 30 year gap, after winning the PL once, you'd like to think you could add one or two more.

I think the owners have done a really good job in general. Winning the PL for me is the holy grail :)   Just think they've let us, and the manager. down recently investment wise.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30353: Jan 14, 2022 10:27:18 pm
      We're not asking FSG to go toe to toe financially though. Just invest more than they have in the last two windows which anyone surely has to admin it very little [and am also not including this Jan window, which is btw still open if they are so inclined].

Citeh haven't appeared out of nowhere. When you start a season, if you finish ahead of them, you likely win the league. JĂźrgen has a massive job to try and finish ahead of them. They are the benchmark. No point in comparing ourselves to Manure or Arse or anyone else in the league - we need to look at just Citeh and Chavs and ask, do we have the squad to compete with them.  That's it.  That's all I look at, not at FSGs accounts.

JĂźrgen is brilliant. And has generally made the very most of investment made available to him.
      Just find it frustrating that he hasn't been more to work with recently.

This is the confusing part

People say they aren’t asking for City type backing - fair enough

But then go on to compare the squads where one squad has been built up with that level of backing

To get to City squad has cost a ÂŁ1bn with no fears of what players leave

Even then we have been competing with them

And also this new way that people no longer look at signings over a season - it’s signings over each window

The last two seasons we have bought 4 quality players - but people will just highlight windows so the stat reads 1 player over 3 windows
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #30354: Jan 14, 2022 10:28:56 pm
      we need to look at just Citeh and Chavs and ask, do we have the squad to compete with them.  That's it.

We do though don't we?

We've been competing with them over the last 4/5 seasons and won silverware and only last season where we really blown away and that's due to the impact of Covid more than anything.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30355: Jan 14, 2022 10:40:12 pm

Agree on the Elliot point.

Just two cents on the others...

Curtis had 24 PL appearances last season, and think has improved since he came on the scene, works a lot harder than he used to, retains possession better. Whether he'll ever be a regular first XI starter, not sure, but think he is one of our better squad players right now and maybe should even be starting games. Like, if was moving guys on, personally would move on AOC, Taki, Milly, Keita etc before him. A lot wouldn't agree maybe though.

Neco, not sure, still a bit raw looking, can do a job though and was better than TAA last game when he came on. Game needs to mature though.
      Morton, still very young.

But yea, we don't have a Stevie G though coming through though, a young player who already looks like a superstar.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30356: Jan 14, 2022 10:42:29 pm

The last two seasons we have bought 4 quality players - but people will just highlight windows so the stat reads 1 player over 3 windows

Don't think 1 player [backup CB] in 3 windows is good enough if you are trying to overturn Citeh.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #30357: Jan 14, 2022 10:45:13 pm
      Don't think 1 player [backup CB] in 3 windows is good enough if you are trying to overturn Citeh.

Good job we've signed a few more than that I'm the last three windows then  ;)
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30358: Jan 14, 2022 10:49:17 pm
      We do though don't we?

We've been competing with them over the last 4/5 seasons and won silverware and only last season where we really blown away and that's due to the impact of Covid more than anything.

Not sure what covid did to us last season. We certainly had a bad run of injuries. And ended up scraping into the CL places.
      We're struggling a bit in the PL again this year.
      We're not miles off. And have a great manager.  Give him more resources.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30359: Jan 14, 2022 10:50:20 pm
      Good job we've signed a few more than that I'm the last three windows then  ;)

Well, assuming we don't sign anyone meaningful this Jan, again.  Thats the 3 windows.  Hope they prove us all wrong though

Quick Reply