Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642978 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30475: Mar 02, 2022 12:16:11 pm
      "So tell me, Linda, what first attracted you to Billionaire, John Henry?........"

Wait unti you hear about his massive................. ...wallet!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30476: Mar 02, 2022 01:04:25 pm
      "So tell me, Linda, what first attracted you to Billionaire, John Henry?........"

Isnā€™t she very minted herself in her own right before she met him ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30477: Mar 02, 2022 01:16:55 pm

Always said, if it happens, Linda gets us in the divorce. She deffo loves the Kop.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #30478: Mar 02, 2022 01:38:58 pm
      No idea, TBH, just the Mrs Merton gag came to me as soon as I saw the pic!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30479: Mar 04, 2022 01:52:07 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #30480: Mar 05, 2022 01:16:45 am
      RedBird, who bought 11% stake in FSG last year, are apparently also looking into buying Chelsea. Would be interesting how that works out and if any conflicts of interest arise.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #30481: Mar 05, 2022 09:26:28 am
      RedBird, who bought 11% stake in FSG last year, are apparently also looking into buying Chelsea. Would be interesting how that works out and if any conflicts of interest arise.

Donā€™t think your allowed financial interest in two clubs of the same league. Have to relinquish one or the other.
      Unless of course FSG can be defined as ā€˜the investmentā€™ seperate from LFC !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #30482: Mar 10, 2022 06:47:17 pm
      It suddenly becomes clear today that we've got more or less the right owners for Liverpool and that being owned by a state/individual linked to and built by dirty money will probably not end well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #30483: Mar 11, 2022 11:38:45 am
      I'll add one more thing about this club...

For as good as we have been throughout history we've never felt obliged as a support base to do something as vomit inducing and shameless as chanting our owners name in pride or bringing banners on to the field when things have gone well. (looking at Man City with the latter part and their 'Thank you Sheikh Mansour' banner waving gimps who trudge the field at the end of another league winning season).

As ever you only need Bill Shankly's words "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques".
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #30484: Mar 14, 2022 09:10:04 am
      I'll add one more thing about this club...

For as good as we have been throughout history we've never felt obliged as a support base to do something as vomit inducing and shameless as chanting our owners name in pride or bringing banners on to the field when things have gone well. (looking at Man City with the latter part and their 'Thank you Sheikh Mansour' banner waving gimps who trudge the field at the end of another league winning season).

As ever you only need Bill Shankly's words "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques".

It's the mentality of being all your history a small-club. You can't change that no matter how much money is pumped into you. It's the same when you've been all your life a poor person and all of a sudden you win the lottery, but the mindset will still be one of a poor person.

You can't expect anything different from plastic clubs like City or Chelsea. Let me tell you something, even though i hate Man Utd or Everton, i respect them 1000 more than clubs like City, PSG or Chelsea. Those are proper clubs with an identity, with true fans (the majority of them), not gloryhunting fans who love their owner's money because they can finally achieve something in their pathetic history.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #30485: Mar 15, 2022 05:17:49 pm
      It suddenly becomes clear today that we've got more or less the right owners for Liverpool and that being owned by a state/individual linked to and built by dirty money will probably not end well.
      Or a Barcelona style Board of Directors who ignore financial sensibilities and who get replaced with every wind shift or fan protest.
      RedrunstheColour
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #30486: Mar 17, 2022 04:06:46 am
      The saddest thing of all is the way things are going eventually the ordinary working man will be priced out of a once working class game, it doesnā€™t really matter which club it is, those who are owners their principal aim is profit rather than trophies, they can pontificate all the f***in want about how much they love the fans and all that f***in bollocks, in the cold light of day all they want is the turnstiles clicking over and seasoned ticket sales sold out, deep down they donā€™t give a shiny sh*te what happens pitch side, David Moores loved the game and loved the City and obviously our club, canā€™t say the same about FSG though can we, in the modern era, itā€™s just the way it is, again I will reiterate, they, FSG are not bad owners, you only have to look across the park and be grateful what you wish for,

Weā€™re very lucky in that we have ppl who look after our institution outwith FSG, and we predominantly as a group wonā€™t be fu**ed with, we seen that with the walk out over ticket pricing and of course how we let H&G know what it happens when you f**k with us .

The vast majority of us already are. Club membership is a waste of space. If I want a ticket for away games I have to use tout sites.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30487: Mar 24, 2022 01:24:35 pm
      Looks like season ticket prices are being frozen, 7th year running. That's certainly a positive I'd think. Although I've heard the process for non-season tickets is hard for locals and especially so for out of towners.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30488: Mar 24, 2022 01:44:27 pm
      I would love to see the breakdown of the Crowd these days to see how many people walk to the ground from local areas. Its not about
      out of towners or that bollox Anfield and Walton are very poor areas tickets are so hard to get and very expensive for local families to attend.
      When you have players wanting in excess of Ā£400k PER WEEK then ticket prices will go up someone has to pay.
      I think when John Barnes signed he was on Ā£10k per week when he signed for us which probably more than the AVG annual wage in 1987 given the Avg pay  is now approx Ā£25k p.a  plus you can see how players wages have ballooned. I wonder how much Agents have added to the price of tickets.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #30489: Mar 24, 2022 02:15:28 pm
      I would love to see the breakdown of the Crowd these days to see how many people walk to the ground from local areas. Its not about
      out of towners or that bollox Anfield and Walton are very poor areas tickets are so hard to get and very expensive for local families to attend.
      When you have players wanting in excess of Ā£400k PER WEEK then ticket prices will go up someone has to pay.
      I think when John Barnes signed he was on Ā£10k per week when he signed for us which probably more than the AVG annual wage in 1987 given the Avg pay  is now approx Ā£25k p.a  plus you can see how players wages have ballooned. I wonder how much Agents have added to the price of tickets.

The annoying thing about ticket prices is that the actual revenue which top clubs generate from ticket sales is nowhere near as important to the finances as it used to be. Premier League teams now generate the bulk of their income from TV deals, sponsorship, merchandise and prize money (For example each group stage win in the Champions League for is rewarded with Ā£2.5M). You only need to look at the 18 month COVID period where the top clubs were forced to play in empty stadiums and all come out fairly unscathed.

All the big clubs could afford to drop their ticket prices by a decent amount without really taking much of a hit. They just chose not to
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #30490: Mar 24, 2022 02:19:03 pm

I dont know if other teams in the league have held ticket prices the way Liverpool has, but we have increased revenue through volume as capacity has expanded. I imagine concession prices have gone up though probably not a big source of revenue compared to others. That's why tv/commercial revenue has become so important and why we now see sponsors on the players' sleeves as teams try to maximize revenue to pay for these players (and the rest of the team ops).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30491: Mar 24, 2022 04:29:09 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30492: Mar 26, 2022 07:13:44 pm

I suppose we need to find some extra lucre to make Mo a new offer :laugh:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #30493: Mar 27, 2022 08:12:09 pm
      I think I'm getting old  :f_bluelight:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30494: Mar 27, 2022 09:05:38 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30495: Mar 27, 2022 09:45:32 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30496: Mar 28, 2022 10:17:43 am

they look cool. but I wont be spending any money on them, cut n paste. save as screensaver. ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30497: Mar 28, 2022 10:34:33 am

🤷ā€ā™‚ļø maybe a touch overreacting?

Itā€™s a digital age , club are trying something , a good amount will go to a foundation

Quick Reply