Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642722 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30521: Jul 02, 2022 05:01:10 pm
      Is the re-signing of Salah for 350000 per week a departure from FSG protocol?

If so, what really drove the change?

It's not an issue that should affect us as fans at all. We're making more than enough to be able to afford contracts like this, even if the amount does seem absurd to us.

As for what drove it? He's quite easily our best attacking player and has been over the last 5 years. Salah at this point is our most important player, and if he were to go elsewhere we'd be kicking ourselves as he'd be getting a wage similar to or greater than that with the likes of PSG, Real, Chelsea, City et al, guaranteed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #30522: Jul 02, 2022 05:37:03 pm

Probably but I think like anything they can be flexible when they need to be and have the funds to be able to.

They've proven time and again that recruitment and retention of players is something they are very good at.

Sorry I should clarify the people they employ to do this job are the best in the business. That what you do as an owner get the best people in to do the jobs you need them to do
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #30523: Jul 02, 2022 05:44:32 pm

I don't think anything has changed. It's results vis-a-vis price. You want £1m a week? Sure! But I want these things.

I read that there's a whole lot of bonuses embedded inside this figure. Which means his basic could still be below but if you want 350, give me no injuries, 40 goals, shirt sales, etc. etc. This is how businesses cut deals.

I agree to your terms but I want all these things in return. The higher your demands, the higher my counter demands will be.

£1000 per ticket to a home game? Sure. Win every match 10-0. Guarantee that two players score hat tricks. Free flow of food and alcohol. Include a night stay at hope hotel with the team.

I give, but I want these things... Always the case unless you're dealing with or you yourself is a sucker.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #30524: Jul 02, 2022 06:00:56 pm
      I don't think anything has changed. It's results vis-a-vis price. You want £1m a week? Sure! But I want these things.

I read that there's a whole lot of bonuses embedded inside this figure. Which means his basic could still be below but if you want 350, give me no injuries, 40 goals, shirt sales, etc. etc. This is how businesses cut deals.

I agree to your terms but I want all these things in return. The higher your demands, the higher my counter demands will be.

£1000 per ticket to a home game? Sure. Win every match 10-0. Guarantee that two players score hat tricks. Free flow of food and alcohol. Include a night stay at hope hotel with the team.

I give, but I want these things... Always the case unless you're dealing with or you yourself is a sucker.

Sure. In American sport, the players' unions tend to discourage much in the way of incentive-based contracts. There are incentives but those groups fight hard against them being a big percentage of the potential wage. It does seem like incentives are more of an accepted thing in world football.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30525: Jul 03, 2022 07:21:49 am
      Not so much a change in protocol but perhaps a loosening of purse strings for a very special talent, is there any doubt that Mo is in the top Five in the world atm, arguably No1 ?

You would need upwards of £100m to replace him and what he produces season on season, 30 goal seasons at that, the sale of Mane has to be considered  also, there’s no way we we’re keeping both in their last contractual seasons, obviously Mane tipped the balance by deciding to move on so for me Mo’s new deal will have been funded by a % of whatever salary Mane was on, there’s no way Nunez will be on the same wage level as what Mane was on, so books may have been balanced in this little transaction alone, and not too shabby a deal either, we get a potentially world class striker in Nunez, Keep hold of real world class forward in Mo, for another 3 seasons and £35m+ for Mane, a win win all round I’d say !!

Every now and again there comes along a special talent that we would pull all the stops out for, that is Mo right now, where else was Mo going to go ?

Barca, nah their skint, Real, nah they got Benzema, is there anywhere else he could have gone to, Bundesliga, nah, La Liga, nah, Lique 1 not with Messi, Neymar & Mbappe all vying for top dog status in a sh*t league, Mo’s at the top of his game, he wants to perform at the highest of levels, he wants to Win stuff, only one place he’s gonna do that is right here at Liverpool FC.

Will it be worth it, keeping hold of Mo, no rocket scientist’s need apply for the answer !!

Y  N  W  A
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #30526: Jul 19, 2022 02:42:28 pm
      Net spenders right now.

£5.1m spent so far.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #30527: Aug 05, 2022 05:30:16 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30528: Aug 05, 2022 05:36:31 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30529: Aug 05, 2022 05:46:24 pm

Keep on seeing that bonehead pop up online. Seems to get a mention in a lot of places.

Such a blert.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #30530: Aug 05, 2022 05:53:54 pm
      Keep on seeing that bonehead pop up online. Seems to get a mention in a lot of places.

Such a blert.

Seems to have a big following on Twitter by other like-minded simpletons as well.

He hasn't changed a bit.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30531: Aug 05, 2022 06:39:04 pm

Such a blert.

I'm sure he loves the notoriety as well.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #30532: Aug 07, 2022 06:01:52 pm
      You need to put your hands in those pockets we desperately need an attacking midfielder
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #30533: Aug 07, 2022 06:13:23 pm
      Seems to have a big following on Twitter by other like-minded simpletons as well.

He hasn't changed a bit.

Unfortunately in this day and age, false grievance sells. It's the currency of twitter. It's the worst type of fan who is quite happy to pitch supporter against supporter just so they can increase their followers. Just looking at corballyred's numbers on twitter. Over 15k! 15k F***ing idiots who aren't satisfied in life until they are dissatisfied. Sociopaths or what?!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30534: Aug 08, 2022 02:28:07 am
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #30535: Aug 08, 2022 11:40:59 am

The solution to poor performance is to buy more players! And if we don't, it's FSG's fault. Sums up their whole reign... :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #30536: Aug 13, 2022 12:17:14 pm
      He did say that - but he also said, in the same interview, "there will be trophies in that trophy case going forward. It's a pledge. I don't know when we will honour that pledge but we will honour it. We're going to make steady progress. We're in a very competitive league but we won't settle for anything less than first."

Odd how you failed to quote that part of the same interview ...

These posts from wayback are an eye opener, a number of people mostly referring to business methods, claim that FSG will bring success to the club "in the long term"/"sooner or later" but the only factor that can justify these cloudy suggestions is Jürgen Klopp, the man is our saviour and paradoxically FSG's saving grace.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #30537: Aug 13, 2022 03:31:40 pm
      These posts from wayback are an eye opener, a number of people mostly referring to business methods, claim that FSG will bring success to the club "in the long term"/"sooner or later" but the only factor that can justify these cloudy suggestions is Jürgen Klopp, the man is our saviour and paradoxically FSG's saving grace.

I agree with this. I think FSG's model fails under anyone else. One main signing a year, regardless of the positions that need addressing, is suicide under any other manager.

Yes Klopp is happy but I think he's happy because he love the club, city and fans. His bond with us is stronger than any other manager with their club. I think he's happy to keep going and not abandon us regardless of the obstacles put in his way.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #30538: Aug 13, 2022 04:44:58 pm
      I agree with this. I think FSG's model fails under anyone else. One main signing a year, regardless of the positions that need addressing, is suicide under any other manager.

Yes Klopp is happy but I think he's happy because he love the club, city and fans. His bond with us is stronger than any other manager with their club. I think he's happy to keep going and not abandon us regardless of the obstacles put in his way.

As with previous managers he has had to achieve success in spite of the owners, only his unique skills have brought us trophies.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30539: Aug 13, 2022 05:20:35 pm
      without Jürgen at the Helm would FSG still be here as I cant think of another manager who could have done what he has done working with FSG's model. They seem lucky FSG which is a good thing I guess but in years to come we will look upon Jürgen the same way we looked upon Shankly after he arrived.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30540: Aug 13, 2022 06:36:39 pm
      As with previous managers he has had to achieve success in spite of the owners, only his unique skills have brought us trophies.

Or because it's an agreed strategy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #30541: Aug 13, 2022 07:12:42 pm
      Or because it's an agreed strategy.

Any strategy for success is welcome and only Klopp has the ability to realise that entity under FSG.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30542: Aug 13, 2022 07:30:01 pm
      Any strategy for success is welcome and only Klopp has the ability to realise that entity under FSG.

we probably owe Barcelona a big thanks for the money we got for Luis and Phil as much as FSG as I say FSG are lucky long may it continue
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30543: Aug 13, 2022 07:59:20 pm
      we probably owe Barcelona a big thanks for the money we got for Luis and Phil as much as FSG as I say FSG are lucky long may it continue

Ain't that the truth.

22/23....Departures £72m...Arrivals...£77m..

say what we like  about  FSG they are pretty savvy on the financial side.

Quick Reply