Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795737 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31487: Sep 04, 2022 11:10:29 am
      Spending money has not and will not always guarantee success.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1564635811374669828?t=FWeLxpgqK-Tp0vXJA-SnBQ&s=09
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31488: Sep 04, 2022 11:25:27 am
      But the conversation isnā€™t about Klopp leaving, if it was Iā€™d agree with what youā€™ve just posted. Like Fergie at United thereā€™s no danger if/when Klopp goes you wonā€™t replace him and yeah youā€™ll have the problems United currently having.  At the time Fergie was No 1 in the world, that title is now with Klopp. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll enjoy every moment under him as heā€™s clearly the best at what heā€™s doing.

If he doesnā€™t get the backing going forward we both know what will happen but thatā€™s another topic.

No, the conversation is you suggesting a Liverpool fan has a spoilt attitude and they shouldnā€™t raise concerns because weā€™ve won trophies in recent seasons.

Too many people get it twisted too. I donā€™t know of one Liverpool fan who wants to spend the type of money city, Chelsea or United do.

But what we do expect is for our owners to strengthen in areas that need strengthening and to not leave us short.

Midfield is a problem. We all knew it was a problem. JĆ¼rgen knew it was a problem and said so himself weeks ago. And we sign an injury prone player on loan on deadline day? Itā€™s not good enough for a team that should be challenging for the title.

Ox, naby and Curtis Jones are still on our books because we wonā€™t invest in a new midfield. To a lesser extent, Milner is too.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #31489: Sep 04, 2022 11:28:01 am
      you are the niave one if you think they would still be here if their investment had not risen so dramatically, I bet in private they talk about how they stole the club for Ā£300mil. IF you own a home I assume if you sell it you will sell it for the same price you bought it not at todays inflated prices or maybe you will borrow money against it to build an extension and increase its value even more. and dont talk bollox of lies you clearly havent a clue how these people work.

What are you on about - my point is precisely that they are businessman and not here for charity? Yourself and Stuey seem to be the ones on here expecting them to just pump cash in for no personal benefit, itā€™s illogical.

No I donā€™t know how billionaires work, I donā€™t mix in those circles but something tells me that ā€˜walton4ā€™ from the internet also has no idea.
      « Last Edit: Sep 04, 2022 11:59:50 am by RedWilly »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31490: Sep 04, 2022 11:33:03 am
      Jeezuzfuckity this thread is brain numbing, round and round we go. l o l
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #31491: Sep 04, 2022 11:34:38 am
      Probably not but you do realise that their investment has risen by their actions don't you?

How they have ran the club has grown their investment.

Once they sell they will reap the dividends from that and whoever buys us will be challenged to carry that in and grow the club further.

Literally how it works

never once said they were not brilliant business men and when they leave as they will do they will take all that profit with them and all of a sudden we will be a club with not a potential Ā£300mil debt saddled upon them but a Ā£4billion debt potentially placed upon the club.
      Its an investment that is also tied to the success on the pitch as well as improving our woeful off field activities under Moores and Parry JĆ¼rgen and his team have played a massive role in the club becoming popular world wide and in case people didnt know it the Club and the City are known world wide so they had a head start.  They have been very quiet about their intentions but have been caught out a few times not least with the European Super League they just couldn't help but smell the money showing no regard for the fans or Football .
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #31492: Sep 04, 2022 11:36:22 am

But not spending money makes some fans insecure. Not winning matches in style makes us think weā€™re not spending enough and that our weaknesses can be rectified by splashing more money on better players.

To some fans (not you), spending money is the fastest way to trophies as it has been proven by Chelsea and City, outweighing more intense training. Fans will always speak the language of fans and neglect understanding the football business and the coaching side of things.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31493: Sep 04, 2022 11:38:32 am
      No, the conversation is you suggesting a Liverpool fan has a spoilt attitude and they shouldnā€™t raise concerns because weā€™ve won trophies in recent seasons.

Too many people get it twisted too. I donā€™t know of one Liverpool fan who wants to spend the type of money city, Chelsea or United do.

But what we do expect is for our owners to strengthen in areas that need strengthening and to not leave us short.

Midfield is a problem. We all knew it was a problem. JĆ¼rgen knew it was a problem and said so himself weeks ago. And we sign an injury prone player on loan on deadline day? Itā€™s not good enough for a team that should be challenging for the title.

Ox, naby and Curtis Jones are still on our books because we wonā€™t invest in a new midfield. To a lesser extent, Milner is too.

No it isnā€™t thatā€™s you putting words in my mouth. Must people know thereā€™s serious problems in the midfield that need addressing. Your still a better team than what the football suggests at the moment but that will change once the injuries are solved.

I donā€™t know of any fan club that wants to spend the kind of money City are doing but thatā€™s the reality of the situation rival fans are in, the problem wonā€™t be going away anytime soon.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #31494: Sep 04, 2022 11:39:05 am
      never once said they were not brilliant business men and when they leave as they will do they will take all that profit with them and all of a sudden we will be a club with not a potential Ā£300mil debt saddled upon them but a Ā£4billion debt potentially placed upon the club.

You're going to have to break this one down for me Walt.

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #31495: Sep 04, 2022 11:42:17 am
      my point is precisely that they are businessman and not here for charity?

But they arenā€™t making me happy with their spending, which is why Iā€™m sulking. Iā€™d thus blame them for all our failures. Thatā€™s convenient for a fan to do. I donā€™t want and donā€™t need to understand them. They are to make me happy, which is what they arenā€™t doing. Life is all about meself. Some canā€™t help but feel sorry for meā€¦ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31496: Sep 04, 2022 11:54:11 am
      Probably not but you do realise that their investment has risen by their actions don't you?

How they have ran the club has grown their investment.

Once they sell they will reap the dividends from that and whoever buys us will be challenged to carry that in and grow the club further.

Literally how it works

I donā€™t think there Is any point trying to be sensible with them - they canā€™t understand reasoning

They have dug themselves into a hole and it doesnā€™t matter what the owners do they wonā€™t change their attitude until the club is sold off to a billionaire who will just spend their own money - and there are only two types who do that - A Middle East oil state or a Russian oil state , there is no one else who will run the club any differently
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31497: Sep 04, 2022 11:55:38 am
      No it isnā€™t thatā€™s you putting words in my mouth. Must people know thereā€™s serious problems in the midfield that need addressing. Your still a better team than what the football suggests at the moment but that will change once the injuries are solved.

I donā€™t know of any fan club that wants to spend the kind of money City are doing but thatā€™s the reality of the situation rival fans are in, the problem wonā€™t be going away anytime soon.

Loads do. Do you think everton would care if the Saudis came in, spent billions and they started winning trophies?

We donā€™t want that. We just want FSG to help klopp out a bit more. Thatā€™s it.

Some of us can already see it now but when klopp leaves Liverpool more people will realise it was a missed opportunity despite how successful weā€™ve been. I know weā€™re competing with city but we still could, and should, have won more.

When graham potter or somebody like that comes in and weā€™re languishing around 7th in the table then this thread will be a good read.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31498: Sep 04, 2022 11:55:58 am
      Thatā€™s correct Walt youā€™ve won with very little money which is what Iā€™ve been saying, itā€™s a hell of a achievement in its self.

We have won trophies by building the club up , producing great players and being excellent in the transfer market - itā€™s then all knitted together by a world class manager and his coaching team and a very business savvy off the pitch team
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31499: Sep 04, 2022 11:58:06 am
      Its an investment that is also tied to the success on the pitch as well as improving our woeful off field activities under Moores and Parry JĆ¼rgen and his team have played a massive role in the club becoming popular world wide and in case people didnt know it the Club and the City are known world wide so they had a head start.  They have been very quiet about their intentions but have been caught out a few times not least with the European Super League they just couldn't help but smell the money showing no regard for the fans or Football .

How on earth will we be left with a ā€œĀ£4bn debtā€ left on the club 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

And if they sold the club for more than they bought of course they take the profit with them

If you sold your bourse for more than you paid for it would you also not take the profit with you 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #31500: Sep 04, 2022 11:59:06 am
      But they arenā€™t making me happy with their spending, which is why Iā€™m sulking. Iā€™d thus blame them for all our failures. Thatā€™s convenient for a fan to do. I donā€™t want and donā€™t need to understand them. They are to make me happy, which is what they arenā€™t doing. Life is all about meself. Some canā€™t help but feel sorry for meā€¦ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      If you're going to blame them for failure...then you also have to credit them them for success.....We win together...we lose together.
      They are businessmen, it is a business and they have obligations to deliver dividends to shareholders. The more success the club has increases that share price, so I'm not convinced they want to run it into the ground...quite the opposite, they need to reinvest in it in an effort to keep it successful. It's a complex balance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #31501: Sep 04, 2022 12:01:19 pm
      Loads do. Do you think everton would care if the Saudis came in, spent billions and they started winning trophies?

We donā€™t want that. We just want FSG to help klopp out a bit more. Thatā€™s it.

Some of us can already see it now but when klopp leaves Liverpool more people will realise it was a missed opportunity despite how successful weā€™ve been. I know weā€™re competing with city but we still could, and should, have won more.

When graham potter or somebody like that comes in and weā€™re languishing around 7th in the table then this thread will be a good read.

Hiring Potter wouldn't be the craziest idea in the world to be fair.

Hiring the wrong coach and throwing money around like confetti could be just as costly.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31502: Sep 04, 2022 12:04:22 pm

Some of us can already see it now but when klopp leaves Liverpool more people will realise it was a missed opportunity despite how successful weā€™ve been here. I know weā€™re competing with city but we still could, and should, have won more .

Many of us donā€™t want it but will do almost anything to get success. You may not want it but there will be plenty of fans that do at your club and many many others. The majority would say yes if they thought it would bring success or indeed maintain it.

In a ideal world we would all take someone like  Jeff Bezos involved instead of the oil merchants.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #31503: Sep 04, 2022 12:07:08 pm

Exactly how I feel - I think JĆ¼rgen was/is an opportunity to have a dominant period when we look back in the future and in instances where we want e.g a CB or a midfielder and itā€™s clearly important to the boss thatā€™s where I would like to see money reallocated, where that comes from I donā€™t really care, if it means the owners putting in 30mill from their own pocket and the rest being the clubs own money thatā€™s fine, we could easily pay it back and the owners could structure that however they wanted to guarantee for them it isnā€™t just lost money.

No one is after unsustainable spending but I do feel sometimes the boat could be pushed out a bit more in circumstances where it is clearly needed. That would be my only gripe with the owners, rather than expecting us to get every last drop out of every resource year after year.

When JĆ¼rgen goes I donā€™t want to be seeing us doing another bizarre recruitment exercise with Martinez and Rodgers strolling around having ice cream with John Henry.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #31504: Sep 04, 2022 12:11:27 pm

I suspect we'll be languishing in 7th later today!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31505: Sep 04, 2022 12:14:26 pm
      Many of us donā€™t want it but will do almost anything to get success. You may not want it but there will be plenty of fans that do at your club and many many others. The majority would say yes if they thought it would bring success or indeed maintain it.

In a ideal world we would all take someone like  Jeff Bezos involved instead of the oil merchants.

Maybe the social media reds who arenā€™t really anything to do with Liverpool and change clubs every few years, yes. The vast majority of Liverpool fans wouldnā€™t want that though.

We have a soul. A history. Weā€™re unique. And we wouldnā€™t want to destroy that.

FSG have done some great things for our club. I donā€™t think anybody can dispute that.

But with the amount of tv money in the game now and our recent success, I find it difficult to believe that there isnā€™t any money to bring in a player or two to help compete where weā€™re short instead of always balancing the books with net spend etc. 
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31506: Sep 04, 2022 12:17:39 pm
      Hiring Potter wouldn't be the craziest idea in the world to be fair.

Hiring the wrong coach and throwing money around like confetti could be just as costly.

Potter is a fine manager but he wouldnā€™t have the pull power, the coaching ability or be able to work under the FSG restraints like JĆ¼rgen.

When JĆ¼rgen leaves we wonā€™t be going upwards will we? We will only be heading down. Does that not prove itā€™s not the model and itā€™s actually the manager?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #31507: Sep 04, 2022 12:19:29 pm
      Potter is a fine manager but he wouldnā€™t have the pull power, the coaching ability or be able to work under the FSG restraints like JĆ¼rgen.

When JĆ¼rgen leaves we wonā€™t be going upwards will we? We will only be heading down. Does that not prove itā€™s not the model and itā€™s actually the manager?

You could argue he's just a good a coach as JĆ¼rgen.

Pull power I agree with 100%
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31508: Sep 04, 2022 12:21:02 pm
      Maybe the social media reds who arenā€™t really anything to do with Liverpool and change clubs every few years, yes. The vast majority of Liverpool fans wouldnā€™t want that though.

We have a soul. A history. Weā€™re unique. And we wouldnā€™t want to destroy that.

FSG have done some great things for our club. I donā€™t think anybody can dispute that.

But with the amount of tv money in the game now and our recent success, I find it difficult to believe that there isnā€™t any money to bring in a player or two to help compete where weā€™re short instead of always balancing the books with net spend etc.

There will be money there to spend - and i know itā€™s a line trotted out by many but they are going to use that when the player they want is attainable

There is no doubt there is one or two mids that they want but right now just arenā€™t able to be brought into the club but there is highly likely the chance that itā€™s Jan or next summer

And then itā€™s the manager and Ward etc to make that choice to decide if the squad can wait until then or they need to get someone in now and look at other options.

I donā€™t think they are sitting there on a pile of money to help balance books etc

But it is tough to trust them when we do have Ox etc who canā€™t stay fit
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31509: Sep 04, 2022 12:21:41 pm

Guess depends on who comes in - we used to do succession very well

Quick Reply