Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795499 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31556: Sep 04, 2022 08:18:28 pm

FSG knew Mane was going to leave and panicked
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31557: Sep 04, 2022 08:21:31 pm
      I think I have read in here that FSG have on average invested 28 million a season, minuscule compared to how much the clubs worth has increased so they are not putting in any money that has a risk to it. Thank god we have Klopp otherwise we would be a mid table team

The club is self sustaining- if you bothered to read the accounts or even any of the social media posts or tweets explaining it you might be able to gain a small level of understanding

The club have spent £620mil on players since Klopp arrived , and each purchase is being done sensibly, they scout well and ensure it’s the right person coming in

It should be a good thing that we sold the likes of Ward , Solanke , Wilson etc for good fees and reinvested that money into the club to improve the squad

This summer we sold Williams , that money helped bring in the likes of Carvahlo- so the squad improves

Far too many just look at the figure being spent and think that’s the barometer to use

Man Utd have spent a billion on players -since Klopp arrived , have they improved? Moved forward ? Becoming a better team - no ,
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31558: Sep 04, 2022 08:21:58 pm
      FSG knew Mane was going to leave and panicked

Eh 🤷‍♂️ Mane left in the summer ?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #31559: Sep 04, 2022 08:27:52 pm
      the added conundrum is borrowing has been the cheapest its ever been for the past decade or more so if it meant the CLUB LFC needed to borrow money to get the right player then so be it this is how businesses survive on borrowing to suggest any borrowing could endanger the club is farcical most if not all people have some sort of finance in their lives Mortgages, bank loans, Credit cards etc its almost a Victorian concept to live within your means it protects their investment but starves the squad of better players. Having seen just what Ali and Virgil did to the squad when they came what is the problem.

You never ever ever borrow money to buy players. It's RISKY not to mention it can backfire.

You want to end up like 2002 Leeds United?

I prefer we sign players within our means.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #31560: Sep 04, 2022 08:32:40 pm
      Some posters on here have zero knowledge of Finance. Just be humble about it and admit that "I don't know how to read the accounts" or just "I have no clue" instead of spouting some rubbish and bullshit
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #31561: Sep 04, 2022 08:36:21 pm
      Some posters on here have zero knowledge of Finance. Just be humble about it and admit that "I don't know how to read the accounts" or just "I have no clue" instead of spouting some rubbish and bullshit

or stop being a F***ing know all who knows F**k all, never borrow to buy players what a load of F***ing crap there would be no premier league if clubs didnt borrow. Ok for dirty oil money or blood money from the middle east but moist clubs have to finance their clubs with borrowing.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #31562: Sep 04, 2022 08:42:08 pm
      I wonder how many posters will be confident in FSG’s running of the club when and if Klopp leaves

Will be an interesting one although I hope we have loads more success before that happens. I should imagine by that point they might be tempted to cash out. The sport as a whole surely can't get much more expensive than it already is?

There's only so much you can squeeze out of the paying public, especially in these times, and our owners are never going to such a good fit for their way of running the club than our current boss. Any owner would be lucky to have him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31563: Sep 04, 2022 08:48:15 pm
      I wonder how many posters will be confident in FSG’s running of the club when and if Klopp leaves

Am sure they will run the business fine and likely won't loose money.

The problem will be results on the pitch will be determined by who replaces him, their vision, their ability to attract players, get the best from the squad, while working within the confines to improve it.

We don't bloody know how good we have it under Jürgen.  He's not going to be here forever, and has asked FSG for more backing. Yet people will take FSGs side. Its a head scratcher.   Constantly get the 'this is how the owners work' - I'd be fairly sure Jürgen knows how they work right now better than anyone on here - but he wants to win, and has asked them to risk more.  Just listen to him FSG ffs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #31564: Sep 04, 2022 08:51:04 pm
      or stop being a f**king know all who knows f**k all, never borrow to buy players what a load of f**king crap there would be no premier league if clubs didnt borrow. Ok for dirty oil money or blood money from the middle east but moist clubs have to finance their clubs with borrowing.

Moist clubs you say…..sounds kind of……dirty…….I think I like it.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31565: Sep 04, 2022 08:51:39 pm

Just like FSG seem to have zero knowledge of football.  The manager has spoken from the football side.  Don't think he wants accountancy 101 as a response.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31566: Sep 04, 2022 08:59:26 pm
      Why the constant talk about the club without Klopp ?

He is our manager , there is no signs that he is going

And it’s impossible to know what will happen when the time does come that Klopp leaves the club

The club will hopefully be in a better position and be able to attract the best person for the job

We used to work transition from manager to manager well and it’s highly likely it could be Lindjars taking on the reins -l
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #31567: Sep 04, 2022 09:00:44 pm
      If there’s no money in the pot, then isn’t that poor running of the club? If there is nothing there then that means we’re relying/gambling on securing top four every season and reaching the latter stages of the competition which we consistently do.

Have thought this too. If we were to drop out of the top four (easily possible given our start and how much the teams around us have improved) surely we're going to be fu**ed?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31568: Sep 04, 2022 09:04:01 pm

It’s because said posters either play too much championship manager ( or whatever it’s called now ) or they just look at other clubs spending and think we should do the same
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #31569: Sep 04, 2022 09:20:18 pm
      or stop being a f**king know all who knows f**k all, never borrow to buy players what a load of f**king crap there would be no premier league if clubs didnt borrow. Ok for dirty oil money or blood money from the middle east but moist clubs have to finance their clubs with borrowing.

When you say sh*t like FSG will put us in 4b debt once they sell shows me how you have ZERO F***ing CLUE.

Borrow money to buy players? Jesus wept.

owners finance their clubs with loans to invest in facilities and infrastructure, it's where all the value comes from and it's where club improvements happen. not F***ing players who have a huge risk profile, especially if you spend all your loan on a F***ing flop.

The risk is putting the club in huge financial distress, where if your players you bought underperform you won't be able to pay back your loan.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #31570: Sep 04, 2022 09:23:08 pm
      Just like FSG seem to have zero knowledge of football.  The manager has spoken from the football side.  Don't think he wants accountancy 101 as a response.

I don't care if they have zero knowledge of football.

All I care is that they improve the club by hiring people who have knowledge about the sport, which they already did.

They want the club to spend within their means, which is fine by me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31571: Sep 04, 2022 09:28:10 pm

The owners don’t need to know about football - what they do need to know is how to run a business and to put the right knowledgeable people in the right roles.

The last thing the club needs or indeed any club is owners arriving thinking they know what players to sign etc
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31572: Sep 04, 2022 09:37:23 pm
      I don't care if they have zero knowledge of football.

Me neither.
      But they hired Jürgen and he's asked for more backing.
      And most people looking at the team can see it needs players, a refresh.
      They have a choice to make.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31573: Sep 04, 2022 09:38:17 pm
      The last thing the club needs or indeed any club is owners arriving thinking they know what players to sign etc

Don't think anyone would disagree with that.

And I hope you didn't get that from what I said.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31574: Sep 04, 2022 09:50:20 pm
      Don't think anyone would disagree with that.

And I hope you didn't get that from what I said.

So what was the relevance of the point in regards their football knowledge?

I have said it many times - they leave the football side of the club to others that they employ.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31575: Sep 04, 2022 10:06:19 pm
      Is that your answer ? That the owners are not only skimming the profits they are also committing corporate fraud by submitting falsified accounts

🤷‍♂️

Its not entirely deemed as fraud depending on the way you alter accounts, think of it more like exposing loopholes, if you employ a family member for a job in your company for example and pay them 10x the fair market value and that payment is going out of the countries tax system, its not illegal but exposing a loophole
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31576: Sep 04, 2022 10:09:03 pm
      When you say sh*t like FSG will put us in 4b debt once they sell shows me how you have ZERO F***ing CLUE.

Borrow money to buy players? Jesus wept.

owners finance their clubs with loans to invest in facilities and infrastructure, it's where all the value comes from and it's where club improvements happen. not f**king players who have a huge risk profile, especially if you spend all your loan on a f**king flop.

The risk is putting the club in huge financial distress, where if your players you bought underperform you won't be able to pay back your loan.

Sorry but where did arsenals brand new stadium get them, remember bolton wanderers used to be premier league regulars, new stadium in 1998, where are they now, owners need to invest in both, you dont understand the means of momentum, success on and off the pitch, attracting more fans and increasing international revenue if you think borrowing to also invest in the team is stupid, its a calculated risk, especially at the low interest rates

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #31577: Sep 04, 2022 10:09:11 pm
      Its not entirely deemed as fraud depending on the way you alter accounts, think of it more like exposing loopholes, if you employ a family member for a job in your company for example and pay them 10x the fair market value and that payment is going out of the countries tax system, its not illegal but exposing a loophole

You're an accountant??

Please do give me your secrets on how I could get away with that in the EU legally, I would save myself alot of taxes

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31578: Sep 04, 2022 10:14:46 pm

So which family members are FSG employing or is it irrelevant to what was being discussed

Quick Reply