Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795603 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31579: Sep 04, 2022 11:16:26 pm
      You're an accountant??

Please do give me your secrets on how I could get away with that in the EU legally, I would save myself alot of taxes

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why would they manipulate the accounts and commit a serious crime in the process to take money out the club when they could do that very easily without having to break the law? Thatā€™s what I want to know

The lengths some people go to find an issue with FSG is ridiculous and means a proper conversation about their approach canā€™t be had
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #31580: Sep 05, 2022 01:47:59 am
      Why would they manipulate the accounts and commit a serious crime in the process to take money out the club when they could do that very easily without having to break the law? Thatā€™s what I want to know

The lengths some people go to find an issue with FSG is ridiculous and means a proper conversation about their approach canā€™t be had

Exactly. FSG can do whatever they want with Liverpool and the money it generates any time they please. However, we should instead believe they are committing fraud in the EU and US because some tw*t doesn't like the net spend figures. Shows the level of ignorance of some people
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #31581: Sep 05, 2022 01:55:54 am
      Some posters on here have zero knowledge of Finance. Just be humble about it and admit that "I don't know how to read the accounts" or just "I have no clue" instead of spouting some rubbish and bullshit

This thread is proof of how much the school system has failed society in some instances. Some of the stuff you read on here and the complete lack of understanding of basic business and accounting is eye watering.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31582: Sep 05, 2022 03:04:12 am
      This thread is proof of how much the school system has failed society in some instances. Some of the stuff you read on here and the complete lack of understanding of basic business and accounting is eye watering.

I don't pretend to understandf any of it, I just like smoking dope!  :lmao:
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #31583: Sep 05, 2022 08:24:29 am
      Itā€™s all very simple. Those who do not like that FSG isnā€™t spending enough should argue the way of ā€œbe like an oil sheik or Russian oligarch and spend money on players out of your own pocket.ā€

And donā€™t go down the route of fan owned club because when you become an owner, calls will be on you to go out of pocket to spend on players. You will become broke!

Donā€™t use finance or business against people with knowledge of how board of directors operate. FSG is doing well within what the corporate world normally does. The fact that we are not bankrupted, burdened with debt like H&G, or having the need for constant capital injection by the owners shows that the management of the club is financially sound from the downside perspective. We may not be rich but the club isnā€™t dead or liquidating.

My last word on debt borrowing - borrow only if the assets yield a decent ROA ā€œreturn on assetsā€. You donā€™t borrow to buy players who will be fully depreciated at the end of their contracts. Rather you borrow to fund a new stand which will generate matchday revenue forever and ever. The additional ticketing revenue can fund the debt in some sense until itā€™s fully repaid and thereafter you earn that extra revenue forever and ever. To borrow to fund a player, thereā€™s not guarantee of more prize money and youā€™ll have to pay his wages. Thereā€™s nothing to repay the loan. Borrowing to buy a Leo Messi sounds nice but it doesnā€™t make financial sense.

The only thing thatā€™s going to change is for someone to point a gun at JWH or Linda to ask him to spend more. Otherwise we can just keep debating on these boards.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31584: Sep 05, 2022 08:41:16 am

Think all you need is a pair of ears to listen to what JĆ¼rgen has asked for.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31585: Sep 05, 2022 08:45:37 am
      So what was the relevance of the point in regards their football knowledge?

I have said it many times - they leave the football side of the club to others that they employ.

All meant by 'football knowledge' was that they can't see what many fans can see. Which might have made them more receptive to Jurgens request.

Obviously nobody wants and owner interfering in signings, or the managers business.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31586: Sep 05, 2022 08:51:15 am
      Think quite a few will be happy to discuss accounts, how great FSG are at those etc.
      And that's all well and good. We need to keep that side of the house in order.

Think the majority though want the team to do well, to win things, and to help the manager achieve this.
      He has asked FSG to go further. 
      He generally tries to stay out of that side of things, but still, has decided he needs to point that out.
      They have a model, that the manager is familiar with, yet he has requested this.
      Think most feel that, to challenge for the top trophies, he is right.

So, get on with it FSG.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31587: Sep 05, 2022 09:04:18 am
      Look what happened 2 seasons ago when we had terrible defensive injuries in the Jan window no investment and we cut it close to qualify. This time we have a midfield injury crisis at the start of the season again no investment will we again struggle to finish 4th or above
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31588: Sep 05, 2022 09:37:30 am
      Think quite a few will be happy to discuss accounts, how great FSG are at those etc.
      And that's all well and good. We need to keep that side of the house in order.

Think the majority though want the team to do well, to win things, and to help the manager achieve this.
      He has asked FSG to go further. 
      He generally tries to stay out of that side of things, but still, has decided he needs to point that out.
      They have a model, that the manager is familiar with, yet he has requested this.
      Think most feel that, to challenge for the top trophies, he is right.

So, get on with it FSG.

They completely ignore the fact that Klopp asked for more. Actually, they deny it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31589: Sep 05, 2022 09:43:44 am
      All meant by 'football knowledge' was that they can't see what many fans can see. Which might have made them more receptive to Jurgens request.

Obviously nobody wants and owner interfering in signings, or the managers business.

So you want them to see that some fans are demanding transfers and to get involved ? Sorry confused
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #31590: Sep 05, 2022 09:55:52 am
      So you want them to see that some fans are demanding transfers and to get involved ? Sorry confused

I think you have a problem or you're on their payroll. It's absolutely F***ing bonkers how you are on literally every single post about them.

Very, very odd.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #31591: Sep 05, 2022 10:07:04 am
      When you say sh*t like FSG will put us in 4b debt once they sell shows me how you have ZERO F***ing CLUE.

Borrow money to buy players? Jesus wept.

owners finance their clubs with loans to invest in facilities and infrastructure, it's where all the value comes from and it's where club improvements happen. not f**king players who have a huge risk profile, especially if you spend all your loan on a f**king flop.

The risk is putting the club in huge financial distress, where if your players you bought underperform you won't be able to pay back your loan.

another f***in FSG knobhead where do you think new onwers will get the Ā£4billion or are FSG giving the club away because thats the kind of people they are honestly just F**k off back under your rock
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #31592: Sep 05, 2022 10:13:07 am
      They completely ignore the fact that Klopp asked for more. Actually, they deny it.

The mancs have got a capable manager who has acquired players that address perceived shortcomings in the side, they go from a laughing stock to top 5 in a matter of weeks.
      We have an infinitely more capable manager who is financially constricted and our progress in the league is abysmal.

The anomaly is obvious.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #31593: Sep 05, 2022 10:24:56 am
      Don't usually come in this thread.

The basic reality here is this. We were never winning anything with these penny pinching owners in charge and guys like Brendan at the helm.

Then they basically won the lottery getting JĆ¼rgen as manager. Under the restrictions he has had to work under he has somehow managed to lead the team to the success we have had.

But let's make no mistake ... we've made money pretty much every window. And let's also make it clear ... with a little more backing from our owners we would have won alot more. And when JĆ¼rgen leaves il always have that feeling.

And when that day comes we are in serious trouble as fsg no doubt go for the next Brendan on the block ... not even half the ability of klopp and we end up were we always were going to end up under fsg ... fighting for 4th at best.

JĆ¼rgen deserves more backing ... he's earned it and proved it. If fsg won't back JĆ¼rgen klopp ... who are they going to back.

We've balanced the books and stood still this summer. We've gone backwards. Other teams are much closer now and on this seasons evidence so far have surpassed us.

Balance sheet in the black again though ... that's more important than trophies.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31594: Sep 05, 2022 10:25:18 am
      I think you have a problem or you're on their payroll. It's absolutely f**king bonkers how you are on literally every single post about them.

Very, very odd.

No problem and not on their payroll 👍

And certainly not on ā€œevery single postā€ - someone responded to my post and I responded back 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Is it that much of an issue for someone to defend people who have come into the club and turned the club around from the F***ing sh*t storm we had 12 years ago - especially when itā€™s the same F***ing crying from people about transfers - and the same F***ing crying about them not spending their own money.

Anyone who canā€™t see the transformation they have done was either not around 12 years ago or they have no idea

And yes they arenā€™t perfect and yes they made some poor choices -Christ I walked out in the middle of a game because of choices they made that actually affected the fans - not crying over transfers
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #31595: Sep 05, 2022 10:27:18 am
      another f***in FSG knobhead where do you think new onwers will get the Ā£4billion or are FSG giving the club away because thats the kind of people they are honestly just f**k off back under your rock

I would expect that anyone buying the club for that amount would be getting the money from their own means and that would be covered in due diligence- The new Chelsea owner hasnā€™t just put Ā£4bn of debt on the club 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #31596: Sep 05, 2022 10:33:10 am
      The mancs have got a capable manager who has acquired players that address perceived shortcomings in the side, they go from a laughing stock to top 5 in a matter of weeks.
      We have an infinitely more capable manager who is financially constricted and our progress in the league is abysmal.

The anomaly is obvious.
      Said it before and I'll say it again.....New manager ALWAYS results in new players, you can't compare, the clubs are at very different parts of their development.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #31597: Sep 05, 2022 10:34:14 am
      Y

The basic reality here is this. We were never winning anything with these penny pinching owners in charge and guys like Brendan at the helm.

Then they basically won the lottery getting JĆ¼rgen as manager. Under the restrictions he has had to work under he has somehow managed to lead the team to the success we have had.

But let's make no mistake ... we've made money pretty much every window. And let's also make it clear ... with a little more backing from our owners we would have won alot more. And when JĆ¼rgen leaves il always have that feeling.

And when that day comes we are in serious trouble as fsg no doubt go for the next Brendan on the block ... not even half the ability of klopp and we end up were we always were going to end up under fsg ... fighting for 4th at best.

JĆ¼rgen deserves more backing ... he's earned it and proved it. If fsg won't back JĆ¼rgen klopp ... who are they going to back.

We've balanced the books and stood still this summer. We've gone backwards. Other teams are much closer now and on this seasons evidence so far have surpassed us.

Balance sheet in the black again though ... that's more important than trophies.

You clearly have a problem with FSG, but where is the evidence that they never put up funds for players that JĆ¼rgen wanted. He missed a few targets as their clubs wouldnā€™t release them, or they chose to go elsewhere !
      I havenā€™t seen any evidence that they refused to bid for any player heā€™s wanted.
      Apart of course the likes of Mbappe  whoā€™s fees are off the planet for 99% of all clubs.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31598: Sep 05, 2022 10:52:43 am

Agree with his 100%
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #31599: Sep 05, 2022 10:53:09 am
      I just love how every fanbase from every club in the world is unhappy with their club owners.  ;D

As far as FSG are concerned, they've made plenty of mistakes, but they also brought us back to the top so they do deserve some credit.

Are they penny-pinchers? Maybe on the transfer market, but don't forget the investments made at Anfield and Kirkby.

They definitely could spend a bit more on players IF JĆ¼rgen wants it, but at the end of the day, things could be much worse. People screaming "buy, buy, buy!" sometimes seem too quick to forget the H&G era...
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31600: Sep 05, 2022 11:00:30 am
      You clearly have a problem with FSG, but where is the evidence that they never put up funds for players that JĆ¼rgen wanted. He missed a few targets as their clubs wouldnā€™t release them, or they chose to go elsewhere !
      I havenā€™t seen any evidence that they refused to bid for any player heā€™s wanted.
      Apart of course the likes of Mbappe  whoā€™s fees are off the planet for 99% of all clubs.
      An average net spend of Ā£14m per transfer season window tells me all I need to know about our fiscally adept owners. Klopp deserves more. Simple.

Sure they are paying wages and expanding the ground. Still, the money they take from Nike and that Redbird investment, let alone winning the league and ECL, a couple of domestic cups, plus ticket sales (whilst not a massive amount, it must pay towards something), plus TV rights, tells me Klopp is being curtailed in his ability to manage us. Imagine for a second what he could do with the money Utd have spent. Imagine what he might have done this transfer window with Ā£260m. Obviously that's an extreme contrast (because Utd have money and the new manager spend phenomena), but even half that would see us in a much better situation.

End of the day, FSG are businessmen first, looking after the business, and footballing men, third (behind business and the Red Sox). They are not football men. They bought us because they saw a massive profit. Good for them, but it sucks for us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #31601: Sep 05, 2022 11:02:40 am
      Said it before and I'll say it again.....New manager ALWAYS results in new players, you can't compare, the clubs are at very different parts of their development.

The only difference is the owners strategy - the mancs have owners that see the long term benefits in allowing the manager to aquire top players when needed and provide the funds.

Our owners watch the market value of the club bolstered by the methods of JĆ¼rgen Klopp yet refuse to back the man financially.

Such miserly owners can be found in the bottom half of the Premier league when the genius of Klopp is absent, unfortunately with the injury situation and advancing years of the squad even Klopp's genius cannot withstand the owner's false economies.

Quick Reply