Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765664 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31648: Sep 05, 2022 01:27:53 pm

Once again with the line about the owners spending their own personal wealth

Itā€™s not going to happen so Iā€™m not sure why you keep going on about 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

The eventualities of the owners not supporting the manager have been acted out and if they continue to milk the cash cow there will be protests.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,996 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31649: Sep 05, 2022 01:30:24 pm
      The eventualities of the owners not supporting the manager have been acted out and if they continue to milk the cash cow there will be protests.

😂😂

What are these ā€œeventualitiesā€

And how are they milking the cash cow when they donā€™t take money out of the club
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #31650: Sep 05, 2022 02:04:26 pm
      This thread is like trying to get through War and Peace (The novel)
      It's become very clear there isn't going to be a settled agreement on this forum about FSG investment strategy...As there would be no agreement with any fanbase about player recruitment.

I believe I'll trust Klopp and Ward with player recruitment more than supporters who just moan and bicker about not signing this or that.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31651: Sep 05, 2022 02:19:11 pm
      Redbird investment? That FSG selling a part of the overall company not the club - not sure why it keeps getting mentioned ?
      Well, between Nike, Redbird (Ā£2.1bn warchest as the Echo calls it - or a mere Ā£550m depending on where you get your info, or are we to assume the team had 0 investment from the Redbird deal?), Lebron James, winning the PL, ECL, and others, plus selling a few players, I find it hard to explain why we looked so anaemic in this summer's transfer window. Sometimes you really do have to take a risk. Speculate to accumulate. What happens if we don't make top four? Even if you have the money, it means your player pool has reduced a lot.

We find ourselves in a position of having to rely on a couple of youngsters and a player almost twice their age. The best case scenario is waiting for Thiago and Keita to come back (and Hendo, who looks to have lost his legs), who will probably get injured again after half a dozen games. That's what the last four or five seasons have told us.

Redbird investment? That FSG selling a part of the overall company not the club - not sure why it keeps getting mentioned ?Last year the club highlighted the losses due to the lack of fans - Ā£79mil drop just in match day.
      I'd say most clubs made a loss - but I'm willing to bet that most clubs also managed to spend. I'm not asking for billions, just enough to maintain a title challenge. Only so much Klopp can do with pennies.

The club just spend what they make so if they make a loss then itā€™s going to be balanced at some point, unless the club works at a loss every year 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Are you aware that commercially, Liverpool FC surpassed Man Utd (last season I think) for the first time ever? That's brilliant by the owners, and it means we have more money coming in. But it means nothing if you don't back the manager. And no, I don't think FSG have backed Klopp.

I have seen you ask on a few occasions, who did we have to sell in order to buy Diaz, as if that was the be all and end all. The answer is, that season we spent Ā£78.30m and recouped Ā£26.60, so a net spend of Ā£51.70m. But so what? That's not even the absolute minimum owners need to do in order to maintain our high levels. Don't look at transfer windows in isolation - compare multiple transfer windows to see the bigger more accurate picture. Earlier I posted all transfer dealings we have made under FSG, and it averages out at Ā£14m per transfer window. That is ridiculous. So keep an eye on the current transfer window, those that have passed, and remember to keep an eye on what happens in the next transfer window. Like this summer's where we have a net spend of Ā£8.64m. That's pathetic - however, you cut it.

It would be lovely to spend the Ā£260mil that Man Utd spent , would it also be lovely for that Ā£260mil to be just added onto the leveraged debt on the club

I'm not asking for our owners to spend Ā£260m; that is bonkers money. I just don't think, given all the revenue FSG must be making (see above), that they are spending enough on the team.

Either FSG are making money or they are not. I think they are making money, where is the backing? If they are not making money and cannot back the manager, what are they doing here? They would hardly stick around if they were losing money. But here they are. Entrenched.

Where's the backing?
      « Last Edit: Sep 05, 2022 02:53:53 pm by Rush »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31652: Sep 05, 2022 02:36:48 pm
      So you want them to see that some fans are demanding transfers and to get involved ? Sorry confused

Sorry, can't help you with your confusion
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,290 posts | 763 
      Reply #31653: Sep 05, 2022 02:37:11 pm
      "On the FSG payroll are you ...you effing  Kno*head?"....."Accountant are you ...P**ck!?"....."Spurs bought a 30 year old for ten bob last week and he scored 12 goals in his first game...and all of our midfield have been in wheelchairs since Keegan left"....We'll be relegated an hour after Klopp retires"

All very tiresome
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31654: Sep 05, 2022 02:41:31 pm
      I'm not an FSG knobhead you imbecile. you are not humble enough to admit you have zero f**king clue. f**k off with that 4 billion sh*te argument.

I can shout and type as much as you can you are f***in nobody some slum landlord probably so you dont have a clue about how a new owner would finance a Ā£4billion purchase sell a few dodgy flats maybe. SO keep it up knobhead and go and collect some rents.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #31655: Sep 05, 2022 02:44:33 pm
      😂😂

What are these ā€œeventualitiesā€

And how are they milking the cash cow when they donā€™t take money out of the club

There you go again presenting your interpretation as fact.
      The asset that is LFC gains value as an asset will do so FSGā€™s wealth increases regardless of nil input by the owners.

When the market value is realised and they F**k off with the loot LFC will be well and truly milked.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,996 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31656: Sep 05, 2022 02:52:30 pm
      Well, between Nike, Redbird (Ā£2.1bn warchest as the Echo calls it - or a mere Ā£550m depending on where you get our info, or are we to assume the team had 0 investment from the Redbird deal?), Lebron James, winning the PL, ECL, and others, plus selling a few players, I find it hard to explain why we looked so anaemic in this summer's transfer window. Sometimes you really do have to take a risk. Speculate to accumulate. What happens if we don't make top four? Even if you have the money, it means your player pool has reduced a lot.

The Redbird investment wasnā€™t to the club 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø It was never stated by the owners etc that it was going to the club - Redbird invested in FSG not Liverpool and FSG i believe used that investment to increase their portfolio- an NHL team I think ?

Not sure what the Lebron James bit is about but they have spent Ā£80 plus million in the summer on new players , they may well spend some more in Jan

The season is a couple games old and already talk of not making top 4 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

We find ourselves in a position of having to rely on a couple of youngsters and a player almost twice their age. The best case scenario is waiting for Thiago and Keita to come back (and Hendo, who looks to have lost his legs), who will probably get injured again after half a dozen games. That's what the last four or five seasons have told us.

Both those youngsters are first team players 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Can we not develop players through anymore , does everyone have to be ready made , can we not get these young players in and develop them - the likes of Elliot and Carvallho both have the ability to be top class players and there is no better way to develop by playing.

Thiago is back , along with Fabinho , Arthur now we are just missing Keita and Henderson

I'd say most clubs made a loss - but I'm willing to bet that most clubs also managed to spend. I'm not asking for billions, just enough to maintain a title challenge. Only so much Klopp can do with pennies.

We just spend more on a striker this summer than we have done in our history - and yet thatā€™s ā€œpenniesā€

How many of those clubs that are spending are also selling , or taking loans , adding on debt , an owner picking his bank account

Are you aware that commercially, Liverpool FC surpassed Man Utd (last season I think) for the first time ever? That's brilliant by the owners, and it means we have more money coming in. But it means nothing if you don't back the manager. And no, I don't think FSG have backed Klopp.
      The club have spent Ā£600plus million on players

What does the amount need to be so that people can ā€œyep the owners have backed the managerā€

Is it not good enough that Klopp clearly feels he is backed by the club ?

I have seen you ask on a few occasions, who did we have to sell in order to buy Diaz, as if that was the be all and end all. The answer is, that season we spent Ā£78.30m and recouped Ā£26.60, so a net spend of Ā£51.70m. But so what? That's not even the absolute minimum owners need to do in order to maintain our high levels. Don't look at transfer windows in isolation - compare multiple transfer windows to see the bigger more accurate picture. Earlier I posted all transfer dealings we have made under FSG, and it averages out at Ā£14m per transfer window. That is ridiculous. So keep an eye on the current transfer window, those that have passed, and remember to keep an eye on what happens in the next transfer window. Like this summer's where we have a net spend of Ā£8.64m. That's pathetic - however, you cut it.

So whatā€™s the figure then.

What level of money needs to be spent by the club on players before your satisfied?

Ā£100mil a year ? Ā£150mil ? Ā£200mil ?

What is needed to be spent before the demands for money stops ?

If Ā£60plus mil on Nunez wasnt enough then what is ?

Are some people that spoilt and demanding that spending millions is not enough and is now called ā€œpatheticā€ when we donā€™t spend Ā£100mil net
      I'm not asking for our owners to spend Ā£260m; that is bonkers money. I just don't think, given all the revenue FSG must be making (see above), that they are spending enough on the team.

Either FSG are making money or they are not. I think they are making money, where is the backing? If they are not making money and cannot back the manager, what are they doing here? They would hardly stick around if they were losing money. But here they are. Entrenched.

Where's the backing?

But you are asking for that level of spending to be done -

Maybe instead of looking at just the clubs money in regards transfers only look at the whole picture

How about contract renewals ? Signing on fees ? Bonuses? Whatā€™s used to pay that ?

The wage bill of the club being around Ā£330mil - around 2/3rds of the income

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1387289822415441921?s=21&t=jCwuxa4k1qbdO8wX0n5PsA

The accounts are very clear - either people want to ignore them or just canā€™t understand them but they are there clear as day the level of money that we can spend
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,996 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31657: Sep 05, 2022 02:54:22 pm
      There you go again presenting your interpretation as fact.
      The asset that is LFC gains value as an asset will do so FSGā€™s wealth increases regardless of nil input by the owners.

When the market value is realised and they f**k off with the loot LFC will be well and truly milked.

So they havenā€™t milked anything and you are just going on about a situation that hasnā€™t happened and there is no talk of happening

Thatā€™s nearly as daft as someone stating that we would have Ā£4bn worth of debt if we were sold

And if they do sell the club

1. Wonā€™t you be happy with that ?

2. Why would we be milked ?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31658: Sep 05, 2022 02:57:13 pm
      Iā€™ll tell you what it does point out though!!!  It shows Liverpool not in the top ten of spending yet had plenty of success with great transfers and having the best manager in world football does.

This is true :)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      Reply #31659: Sep 05, 2022 02:57:49 pm
      The Redbird investment wasnā€™t to the club 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø It was never stated by the owners etc that it was going to the club - Redbird invested in FSG not Liverpool and FSG i believe used that investment to increase their portfolio- an NHL team I think ?

Not sure what the Lebron James bit is about but they have spent Ā£80 plus million in the summer on new players , they may well spend some more in Jan

The season is a couple games old and already talk of not making top 4 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Both those youngsters are first team players 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Can we not develop players through anymore , does everyone have to be ready made , can we not get these young players in and develop them - the likes of Elliot and Carvallho both have the ability to be top class players and there is no better way to develop by playing.

Thiago is back , along with Fabinho , Arthur now we are just missing Keita and Henderson

We just spend more on a striker this summer than we have done in our history - and yet thatā€™s ā€œpenniesā€

How many of those clubs that are spending are also selling , or taking loans , adding on debt , an owner picking his bank account

What does the amount need to be so that people can ā€œyep the owners have backed the managerā€

Is it not good enough that Klopp clearly feels he is backed by the club ?

So whatā€™s the figure then.

What level of money needs to be spent by the club on players before your satisfied?

Ā£100mil a year ? Ā£150mil ? Ā£200mil ?

What is needed to be spent before the demands for money stops ?

If Ā£60plus mil on Nunez wasnt enough then what is ?

Are some people that spoilt and demanding that spending millions is not enough and is now called ā€œpatheticā€ when we donā€™t spend Ā£100mil net
      But you are asking for that level of spending to be done -

Maybe instead of looking at just the clubs money in regards transfers only look at the whole picture

How about contract renewals ? Signing on fees ? Bonuses? Whatā€™s used to pay that ?

The wage bill of the club being around Ā£330mil - around 2/3rds of the income

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1387289822415441921?s=21&t=jCwuxa4k1qbdO8wX0n5PsA

The accounts are very clear - either people want to ignore them or just canā€™t understand them but they are there clear as day the level of money that we can spend
      Ā£14m per transfer window. Spin that.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      Reply #31660: Sep 05, 2022 03:00:45 pm
      I read earlier we are 14th in the league of spends. Behind Everton and Villa.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,996 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31661: Sep 05, 2022 03:01:46 pm
      Ā£14m per transfer window. Spin that.
      Thatā€™s two Andy Robertsons

Are you only concerned by the amount spent as opposed to what players arrive

Won every trophy going over that same period 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

If thatā€™s what the club can afford then so be it
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31662: Sep 05, 2022 03:01:56 pm
      But itā€™s impossible to judge - anything can happen , did we lose the league and CL last season because we didnā€™t spend enough ? Or was it moments in single games - ref decisions , a player mistake , a bounce of a ball here and there , a GK on fire ?

City spent the earth and just scraped past us and still canā€™t win a CL

Utd spent even more and couldnā€™t even get CL football

There is no guarantees

And thatā€™s why imo is always lazy that transfers get pointed towards when we just miss out

Scrambling a bit now.
      Don't spend because there are no guarantees. 
      There's no guarantees buying any player, that doesn't mean you don't do it, there's an element of risk with any spend.
      Plus JĆ¼rgen has said he wishes they'd risk more.
      Starting to make sense now?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31663: Sep 05, 2022 03:03:21 pm
      I believe I'll trust Klopp and Ward with player recruitment more than supporters who just moan and bicker about not signing this or that.

But Klopp has asked for more backing, so is he just moaning and bickering?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,996 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31664: Sep 05, 2022 03:04:46 pm
      Scrambling a bit now.
      Don't spend because there are no guarantees. 
      There's no guarantees buying any player, that doesn't mean you don't do it, there's an element of risk with any spend.
      Plus JĆ¼rgen has said he wishes they'd risk more.
      Starting to make sense now?

You really are latching onto the they ā€œnice to make a riskā€ statement arenā€™t you
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31665: Sep 05, 2022 03:05:21 pm
      I read earlier we are 14th in the league of spends. Behind Everton and Villa.

Don't mention 'net spend', the FSGers will have a conniption, they don't like hearing those words :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31666: Sep 05, 2022 03:05:47 pm
      You really are latching onto the they ā€œnice to make a riskā€ statement arenā€™t you

Just listening to the manager
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,996 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31667: Sep 05, 2022 03:07:03 pm
      Just listening to the manager

He also told fans to stop going on about transfers and get behind the team

He has also told us many times they back him and he is happy with them

But I guess you Ignore that
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      Reply #31668: Sep 05, 2022 03:08:57 pm
      And that's another number I've seen you post quite frequently. But even if that was pure spend (i.e. no revenue being brought in by FSG) that works out at:

Ā£25m per transfer window since 2010.

This is the Premier League, not the Championship.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,996 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31669: Sep 05, 2022 03:09:47 pm
      And that's another number I've seen you post quite frequently. But even if that was pure spend (i.e. no revenue being brought in by FSG) that works out at:

Ā£25m per transfer window since 2010.

And 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø So what ?

Again what does the number be for it to be acceptable level of spending for some
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31670: Sep 05, 2022 03:12:50 pm
      He also told fans to stop going on about transfers and get behind the team

He has also told us many times they back him and he is happy with them

But I guess you Ignore that

No, but there is nothing new there.

He's hardly going to come out and say 'back me more' then get up and leave.

Quick Reply